Galileo Galilei
Yes. The Church had no problem with Galileo's theory. The problem was that Galileo was insisting the Bible be changed. What say you? Should Galileo have been allowed to rewrite Biblical passages?

Galileo lived in a time where there were very few books, and he wanted a way to get proper/new information out. Therefore, he wanted to change the Bible. He could not have foreseen the day where there would be more books and articles about his theory than there are Bibles.
That simply isn’t true.

The Church had major problems with Galileo, not because he wanted to rewrite the Bible but because his works conflicted with Church doctrine.
Let’s be honest. Galileo was and convicted for publishing his evidence that supported the Copernican theory of heliocentrism.

Your references are to Judeo-Christianity. That would likely be the culturally appropriate religion managed by the culturally appropriate gods. That didn’t address the question of why earlier gods or different gods would be or should be subordinate to your “he” gods.
Yeah, imagine how moody and arrogant you will say I am when I go back to studies that date back to Greek and Roman mythology.

Studies on these early beliefs of Gods appear to be based on the belief that people of power in this life gain equal or more power in the afterlife. Some of these Gods bear both a remarkable resemblance, personality, or history of the little that is known about early rulers. It appears that early man always had a belief in the afterlife, perhaps especially the Egyptians. Today, modern humans with a Catholic background might compare this to belief of Patron Saints. (Mankind becomes saints, not Gods.) On the other hand modern humans with an LDS background might associate this early belief with their own belief we are destined to become Gods.

It is not a matter of Gods being subordinate to Gods (if in fact there is more than one). I suppose it could be a matter of ancient beliefs becoming subordinate to modern belief, which will in turn become subordinate to future belief. Such is the nature of change and thinking evolving.

Probably just as far back as Greek and Roman thought on deities, is some pre-Columbian beliefs (also seen in the days of Abraham in the 'Old World'). That is the idea that animals have strengths and spirits, and that these qualities could manifest themselves in carvings or totems, thus protecting the bearer or the household that possessed them. These were small spirits, but some societies also believed that there was a Great Spirit presiding over the world as a whole.

Let’s be honest.
Galileo wanted his theory (and he readily admitted it was a theory) to be presented as fact. There were some hard-headed men at that time, and Galileo was no slouch at that. He wanted to re-write the Bible, and he wanted what he readily admitted were theories presented as fact, because, in fact, his logic was impeccable.

So why did god make science in such a way that we have deformed, suffering babies?
I am sorry you cannot love or care for deformed babies--and that is the only thing you see--the physical beauty someone or something has or does not have. Why didn't God make you more loving and caring? Because you get to create that in yourself. And you appear to believe a caring person would destroy what is deformed.
You avoid the question because you obviously have no answer as to why a loving god would make deformed, pain-racked babies. I don't understand it either.
He doesn't.
Seems like she answered it to me.

When it comes to being a one trick pony you are just like hobelim and breezewood. You just each have a different pony. :lol:
You don’t know either why god makes deformed and in pain babies. You just think that it’s cool that he does. Maybe you better stfu.

Why does 'rational science' and 'objective Nature' make deformed babies? In other news, such rubbish arguments as Taz's and Hollie's are based on pagan materialism, and pagan materialists always demand gods that perform magic tricks on demand; they never read any of the books, but then claim they know al about them and what is in them and what they say.
I'm not demanding anything, I'm simply asking why a loving god would make deformed. retarded and /or in pain babies? I'd simply like to know god's reason for putting little kids through that?
But you have asked that question a thousand times and its been answered a thousand times.

So you simply wanting to know is a lie, Taz.
I'm waiting for a plausible answer, not some repeated word salad.
No. You aren't. Tell me some of the answers you found implausible in your many times of asking the same question over and over again, Taz.
"God is teaching us a lesson by making people suffer really badly. " No sane person would see that as normal.
"Accept the bad with the good." I accept it, I just want to know why god does that. There should be a reason, no?
"Why do I expect no bad shit?" I don't I just want to know specifically why god is torturing little children.
Nope. Try again.

Sure, if it were my kid, I would love it and try to help, even if that meant Kevorkian style. It still doesn't take away the maker's actions to have made someone so deformed and in constant pain.
Taz, by now you know that I have done much research and reading in my life. The main reason I hold mobs with contempt and disdain is because it was a mob who burned the library in Alexandria and so much was lost about ancient times.

But with what remains--including the Bible--an ancient philosophy that crops up is that there is a heavenly earth. Also, the story of Adam and Eve is not just a story about two people. It is the story of every man and every woman since the beginning of time to this day. We here tales of a heavenly Eden where each man and each woman make a choice. Do we wish to only experience a heavenly Eden and only know what is good--or do we wish to experience and gain knowledge of both good and evil. We here on earth are those who wanted/chose to know both. We wanted a physical life which meant the pain of physical birth--and births that did not always go well; we wanted to make our own way which meant tilling and hunting the land; it meant the petty spats and jealousies that could lead to murder and war. It meant coveting what others had. However, we did not just want to know bad, we truly wanted to experience good as well, we want good to prevail--or most of us do.

Genesis is not a story of two people messing it up for the rest of us. It is the story of you, the story of me. And you will kill a deformed baby other than let either of you suffer the pain of its existence. You (and many others) call that good because you see evil in the pain and the deformity. I am not saying you are wrong. But others (me among them) see good in deformity and have the strength to bear pain. We see good in living. And I will bet you will not say that we are wrong. We are here to learn about and to experience both good and evil. It was an individual choice we made before birth. Or, at least that is the philosophy of many ancients and even some today.
You still didn't answer why god makes deformed and in pain babies...
Because he is a psychopath.
Lets not forget, this the same loving and forgiving god that sent his cult to murder children because they got raped or their dad sucked a dick.
You seem angry. It's not God's fault or ours.
Im not angry. Just speaking truth.
"Youre angry" or "you mad" is such a cliche response. Thats when you know you have nothing.
You won't be convincing me anytime soon. I know better.

So keep making your inflammatory remarks in the hope it makes you feel better about yourself. I wish you the best of luck.

Its humorous you ignore what I said and are instead focusing on something you made up in your head :lol:
What a joke you are
Oh so it's just a joke. Right.

At any point in your life you are the sum of your choices. Behaviors can't be flipped off and on so easily like a light switch.
Lol good lord
All the time.

"God is teaching us a lesson by making people suffer really badly. " No sane person would see that as normal.
"Accept the bad with the good." I accept it, I just want to know why god does that. There should be a reason, no?
"Why do I expect no bad shit?" I don't I just want to know specifically why god is torturing little children.
Nope. Try again.
Those are your top 3 answers. :biggrin:

Let’s be honest.
Galileo wanted his theory (and he readily admitted it was a theory) to be presented as fact. There were some hard-headed men at that time, and Galileo was no slouch at that. He wanted to re-write the Bible, and he wanted what he readily admitted were theories presented as fact, because, in fact, his logic was impeccable.
We will have to agree to disagree. I have never read anything to suggest he wanted the Bible rewritten. In his Letter to the Grand Duchess Christina he makes no case for rewriting the Bible. If you have anything to suggest that Galileo petitioned the clergy with the notion of rewriting the Bible, please share.

Your references are to Judeo-Christianity. That would likely be the culturally appropriate religion managed by the culturally appropriate gods. That didn’t address the question of why earlier gods or different gods would be or should be subordinate to your “he” gods.
Yeah, imagine how moody and arrogant you will say I am when I go back to studies that date back to Greek and Roman mythology.

Studies on these early beliefs of Gods appear to be based on the belief that people of power in this life gain equal or more power in the afterlife. Some of these Gods bear both a remarkable resemblance, personality, or history of the little that is known about early rulers. It appears that early man always had a belief in the afterlife, perhaps especially the Egyptians. Today, modern humans with a Catholic background might compare this to belief of Patron Saints. (Mankind becomes saints, not Gods.) On the other hand modern humans with an LDS background might associate this early belief with their own belief we are destined to become Gods.

It is not a matter of Gods being subordinate to Gods (if in fact there is more than one). I suppose it could be a matter of ancient beliefs becoming subordinate to modern belief, which will in turn become subordinate to future belief. Such is the nature of change and thinking evolving.

Probably just as far back as Greek and Roman thought on deities, is some pre-Columbian beliefs (also seen in the days of Abraham in the 'Old World'). That is the idea that animals have strengths and spirits, and that these qualities could manifest themselves in carvings or totems, thus protecting the bearer or the household that possessed them. These were small spirits, but some societies also believed that there was a Great Spirit presiding over the world as a whole.
I’ve never identified you as moody and arrogant. My earlier post was addressing the fact that entire civilizations preceded the Greek and Roman pantheons and those cultures had unique gods and spirits.

I was noting that your reference to a specific configuration of a god (you identified as “he”), is a more (historically) recent configuration of god that shares some attributes with earlier gods.

Nope. Try again.
Nope. That's your top three straw men. :biggrin:

Nope. Try again.
That's on you. All 3. Many times. Too many to count.

So why did god make science in such a way that we have deformed, suffering babies?
I am sorry you cannot love or care for deformed babies--and that is the only thing you see--the physical beauty someone or something has or does not have. Why didn't God make you more loving and caring? Because you get to create that in yourself. And you appear to believe a caring person would destroy what is deformed.
You avoid the question because you obviously have no answer as to why a loving god would make deformed, pain-racked babies. I don't understand it either.
He doesn't.

When it comes to being a one trick pony you are just like hobelim and breezewood. You just each have a different pony. :lol:
You don’t know either why god makes deformed and in pain babies. You just think that it’s cool that he does. Maybe you better stfu.

Why does 'rational science' and 'objective Nature' make deformed babies? In other news, such rubbish arguments as Taz's and Hollie's are based on pagan materialism, and pagan materialists always demand gods that perform magic tricks on demand; they never read any of the books, but then claim they know al about them and what is in them and what they say.
I'm not demanding anything, I'm simply asking why a loving god would make deformed. retarded and /or in pain babies? I'd simply like to know god's reason for putting little kids through that?
But you have asked that question a thousand times and its been answered a thousand times.

So you simply wanting to know is a lie, Taz.

This is why the deviants and trolls only rate one serious reply per thread, and their " I Touched You Last!!!" rubbish is merely fodder for laughing a them and their whining.

He doesn't.

Ah, so you're seeking non-answers to non-questions again. Okay.
Your snappy one-liners are a bit dated. Returning to your comment about ''why does 'rational science and 'objective Nature' make deformed babies", well, they don't.

Science and nature are not entities with a personality, feelings, emotions, will or intent as religionists assign to their gods.

Your ignorance of anything to do with Jewish and Christian theology are what is dated. My comment is was perfectly in line with you and your fellow deviants' ridiculous 'questions'. And, your last sentence is of course rubbish as well.

Last edited:
He doesn't.

So you're saying you don't know. Got it.

No, but you're not bright enough to understand either science nor theology, and you're not here to discuss anything, just troll, so there is nothing to do but laugh at your inability to ever make a point.

Nope. Try again.
That's on you. All 3. Many times. Too many to count.
Show me.

There's been a bit of deception here.....
You cannot possibly me who you claim to be..

Moses ben Maimon, commonly known as Maimonides and also referred to by the acronym Rambam, was a medieval Sephardic Jewish philosopher who became one of the most prolific and influential Torah scholars of the Middle Ages. In his time, he was also a preeminent astronomer and physician. Wikipedia
Born: 1138, Córdoba, Spain
Died: December 13, 1204, Fustat, Egypt
God the 'Pater'. The Provider. A Provider.

The Heavenly Father...The Heavenly Pater; The Heavenly Provider. A Heavenly Provider.

Everlasting Father. Everlasting Pater. Everlasting Provider. An Everlasting Provider

gaga googoo. wah wah!

Yet there IS One Who Will help.. The Holy Spirit...

Better is he who has The Holy Spirit than he whose walk portrays a certain type of uprightness. Yes? No?

'If ye love me', said Christ Messiah, 'then keep The Law of The LORD God as being more important than following the commandments of man which are taught as to be the doctrines of Holiness'.

Last edited:
He doesn't.

Your snappy one-liners are a bit dated. Returning to your comment about ''why does 'rational science and 'objective Nature' make deformed babies", well, they don't.

Science and nature are not entities with a personality, feelings, emotions, will or intent as religionists assign to their gods.

Your ignorance of anything to do with Jewish and Christian theology are what is dated. My comment is was perfectly in line with you and your fellow deviants' ridiculous 'questions'. And, your last sentence is of course rubbish as well.
I guess that’s one way to show that Christian spirit of goodwill hate and derision

He doesn't.

No, but you're not bright enough to understand either science nor theology, and you're not here to discuss anything, just troll, so there is nothing to do but laugh at your inability to ever make a point.
Then answer if you can. Stop tap dancing.

He doesn't.

What's your answer?

He doesn't.

lol you think if you just don't read the book that means you don't have to answer any questions, and you don't have to know anything about the subject? lol lol lol yes, you're definitely a ignortant troll. What are you, maybe 10?

He doesn't.

What's your answer?

lol he never has any.

Forum List

Back