God told Mike Johnson he's the new moses

w2REhPr.png

Who knows? Science isn't afraid to admit where it's knowledge falls short. Maybe quantum mechanics and folded dimensions? Sean Carrol gives a good lecture on it. I'm not an astrophysicist, I just enjoy reading about it.

then how can you 100% rule out an entity that is the creator?

Guess that's why he's down for killing the Palestinians.

The American Israel Public Affairs Committee, or AIPAC, was the top donor to Rep. Mike Johnson during his most recent campaign, chipping in $25,000 between 2021 and 2022, according to an OpenSecrets analysis of his political contributors.

True. In God We Trust. Under God...a generic God is fine. I don't think we need to drill down into which specific religious beliefs or religions are "state approved" and should be promoted.

I also support the concept that the atheists pushing for no references to God anywhere is wrong too. Atheism is a "religion", a belief in no God, so that concept needs to be pushed back on since it offends believers.
Atheism is the exact opposite - a lack of belief. Even if some individuals choose to embrace said lack of belief with a fervor resembling religion, it still doesn't classify it as one. Just like not collecting stamps isn't considered a hobby.

They were all hostile to one another.
In the early years Quakers, Hugenots, Dutch Reformed and Anabaptists couldn't get along . Didn't you have American History in school?
The point is the theocracy. Didn't you grasp it the first time? The US will not be a theocracy. Every time Johnson tries, like Punch and Judy, Johnson will be getting whacked for it. Ditto for everyone else.

Atheism is the exact opposite - a lack of belief. Even if some individuals choose to embrace said lack of belief with a fervor resembling religion, it still doesn't classify it as one. Just like not collecting stamps isn't considered a hobby.
That's why the separation of church and state. The Founders knew that there can be no freedom of religion without freedom from religion. They learned their lessons from the delirious and violent history of UK's George and from Europe.

1. I can't think of any reason for a Speaker or President for that matter to expound on their personal religious beliefs. Biden claims to be a Catholic, but never promotes Catholicism from the lectern.

And the Speaker hasn't promoted his religion, and yet you are criticizing him

The Church of England was a requirement because some king wanted a divorce and the pope said "no". So King _____ started his own church. The Founding Fathers didn't want that to happen here.

2. I don't see the need for public officials to express any of their personal religious beliefs. There is no positive value in it since there is no "state" religion to espouse.

We'll disagree. I'd rather have 1 legislator expressing his honest faith than 100 who remain silent.

3. The black caucus isn't a religious group. LGBTQ+ needs to be banned from contaminating the public square and school systems from their depraved behaviors. I equate them to people who eat shit, its a disgusting behavior that I don't want my kids being exposed to. Traditional family and religious values need to be respected.

Yeah... cause it is just a coincidence that the constitution and virtually every early laws followed judeo christian to the letter
Seidel has seriously roughed up this notion in The Founding Myth: Why Christian Nationalism is Un-American.

Forum List

Back