God's Commandments and Human Morality.

No, God did not give us commandments to follow. He gave those Laws to a specific people for a specific time. They have NOTHING, again NOTHING to do with the Gentile. From the second Adam breathed his first breath, til the time the Jews stopped at Mt. Sinai, the Law didn't exist. We lived under a constant state of forgiveness from a loving Father. The Jews turned their Father into their Judge when they told him they could handle any rules He could come up with. And even with that, after God took up their challenge, God gave them a way to cover their sin temporarily until their Messiah appeared to rid them of sin permanently. They missed the hour of His visitation. And He STILL hasn't forsaken them. They will win WW3.

Those Laws were fulfilled for the Jews by Christ. For the Gentiles, He gave one rule for us to live by. Love your Father, and each other. That leads to Life. The Laws lead to death. If you place yourself under one and you are obligated to keep all 600+.
Leave the Law to whom it was intended. If we love our Father and each other, you have fulfilled those 10 commandments. Christians are not under the Law:
Pick one:

The law reveals sin but cannot fix it. (Romans 3:20)

If the law worked then faith would be irrelevant. (Romans 4:14)

The law brings wrath upon those who follow it. (Romans 4:15)

The purpose of the law was to increase sin. (Romans 5:20)

Christians are not under the law. (Romans 6:14)

Christians have been delivered from the law. (Romans 7:1-6)

The law is good, perfect and holy but cannot help you be good, perfect or holy. (Romans 7:7-12)

The law which promises life only brings death through sin. (Romans 7:10)

The law makes you sinful beyond measure. (Romans 7:13)

The law is weak. (Romans 8:2-3)

The law is a ministry of death. (2 Corinthians 3:7)

The law is a ministry of condemnation. (2 Corinthians 3:9)

The law has no glory at all in comparison with the New Covenant. (2 Corinthians 3:10)

The law is fading away. (2 Corinthians 3:11)

Anywhere the law is preached it produces a mind-hardening and a heart-hardening veil. (2 Corinthians 3:14-15)

The law curses all who practice it and fail to do it perfectly. (Galatians 3:10)

The law was a curse that Christ redeemed us from. (Galatians 3:13)

We are under a perpetual state of Grace brought to us by Jesus Christ. If the Law could save us, The cross would have not been necessary.
We are under a new covenant. If we love one another we don't need commandments. the Law vs Grace< favor we don't deserve. Pick one or the other.

That's good but you fall short in your own understanding. Yes, we are to love God and to love one another. This is the summation of the Law. The first four- Love God. The last six - love one another. The Law cannot save anyone. It is the teacher however. Christ said himself that He did not change one tittle of the Law. Christians are saved by Grace. The sins of non-believers are not covered by Grace. They are under the Law.
No, God did not give us commandments to follow. He gave those Laws to a specific people for a specific time. They have NOTHING, again NOTHING to do with the Gentile. From the second Adam breathed his first breath, til the time the Jews stopped at Mt. Sinai, the Law didn't exist. We lived under a constant state of forgiveness from a loving Father. The Jews turned their Father into their Judge when they told him they could handle any rules He could come up with. And even with that, after God took up their challenge, God gave them a way to cover their sin temporarily until their Messiah appeared to rid them of sin permanently. They missed the hour of His visitation. And He STILL hasn't forsaken them. They will win WW3.

Those Laws were fulfilled for the Jews by Christ. For the Gentiles, He gave one rule for us to live by. Love your Father, and each other. That leads to Life. The Laws lead to death. If you place yourself under one and you are obligated to keep all 600+.
Leave the Law to whom it was intended. If we love our Father and each other, you have fulfilled those 10 commandments. Christians are not under the Law:
Pick one:

The law reveals sin but cannot fix it. (Romans 3:20)

If the law worked then faith would be irrelevant. (Romans 4:14)

The law brings wrath upon those who follow it. (Romans 4:15)

The purpose of the law was to increase sin. (Romans 5:20)

Christians are not under the law. (Romans 6:14)

Christians have been delivered from the law. (Romans 7:1-6)

The law is good, perfect and holy but cannot help you be good, perfect or holy. (Romans 7:7-12)

The law which promises life only brings death through sin. (Romans 7:10)

The law makes you sinful beyond measure. (Romans 7:13)

The law is weak. (Romans 8:2-3)

The law is a ministry of death. (2 Corinthians 3:7)

The law is a ministry of condemnation. (2 Corinthians 3:9)

The law has no glory at all in comparison with the New Covenant. (2 Corinthians 3:10)

The law is fading away. (2 Corinthians 3:11)

Anywhere the law is preached it produces a mind-hardening and a heart-hardening veil. (2 Corinthians 3:14-15)

The law curses all who practice it and fail to do it perfectly. (Galatians 3:10)

The law was a curse that Christ redeemed us from. (Galatians 3:13)

We are under a perpetual state of Grace brought to us by Jesus Christ. If the Law could save us, The cross would have not been necessary.
We are under a new covenant. If we love one another we don't need commandments. the Law vs Grace< favor we don't deserve. Pick one or the other.

That's good but you fall short in your own understanding. Yes, we are to love God and to love one another. This is the summation of the Law. The first four- Love God. The last six - love one another. The Law cannot save anyone. It is the teacher however. Christ said himself that He did not change one tittle of the Law. Christians are saved by Grace. The sins of non-believers are not covered by Grace. They are under the Law.

Christ has abolished the law which was a wall of hostility (Ephesians 2:15)

God has found fault with it and created a better covenant, enacted on better promises. (Hebrews 8:7-8)

If the law worked God would have used it to save us. (Galatians 3:21)

Then what you are advocating is the Christ needs our help when it comes to our redemption.
Our works have nothing to do with it.
If we needed to be taught, why did God withhold the teachings from Adam or his friend Abraham? Where were their commandment tablets?
A gentile who does not accept Christ as their savior is not a Jew and will not be judged as a Jew, but as a sinning Gentile.
The very definition of Gentile is NOT Jewish. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that God judges Gentiles with Jewish Law.

Abraham was a Gentile. Now tell us by what God judges the Gentile? What rules apply for Gentiles that are different from Jews? Are Gentiles permitted to kill? To covet? To steal? Tell us please.

And the law was not given to Abraham.
The punishment for sin is death. Gentiles who have died choosing not to rid themselves of sin through Christ the Lord, those who chose not to accept the gift Christ died to offer us, will be on the docket at the White Throne Judgement. Those in Christ skip the judgement. Their sin was removed by Christ.

We are not under Jewish law. We are under a new Covenant:

Hebrews 8:6 - But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

Romans 7:6 - But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not [in] the oldness of the letter.

2 Corinthians 3:6 - Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

^There is the difference you were seeking.
As for the rest of your inquiry, if we do what Christ said and love one another, do you steal from those you love, or kill them so you can park their new car in your garage?
If Christ did it, do it. If Christ didn't do it, don't do it. If you do it anyway ask for forgiveness for grieving your Father. He will forgive the offense. He loves us.

You are speaking of the Church here -- not the bulk of mankind.

Not one word of church in that. All individuals, all mankind. The Bride of Christ is the Church of individuals. If you want Christ's view on churches, it's all right there in Rev. to the churches that Paul started. Jesus was talking to the individuals that belonged to those churches and explained their good and bad behavior.
If you never walked into another church again, everything I posted above would still apply to you. If you accepted Christ and never did another good work in your life, your last breath on earth will be your first breath in Heaven. You'll be embarrassed, standing behind Mother Teresa in line for rewards for good works done for Christ's sake, but you will be there.

John 6:28-29 - "Then said they unto him, WHAT SHALL WE DO, that we might work the works
of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, THIS IS THE WORK OF GOD, THAT YE BELIEVE
ON HIM
whom he hath sent."

What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh, discovered in this matter? If, in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about—but not before God. What does Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.

Romans 4:6-7 Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation. However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness.

Last edited:
Human being, we don't wait until we get to Heaven to see if we made it based on the curve. We know before we get there where we are headed.
There is no angry judge up there, who can't wait to see if He can send us to hell or not. There is a Father that loves us enough to see us as righteous based on His Son's record, not our own.
If you eat fish on Fri. out of respect for Him, He counts it as righteousness in your heart.
If you refuse to eat fish on Fri. out of respect for Him, He counts it as righteousness in you heart. His love for us just can't be measured.

Accept Christ and you look like Christ to God. You have no sin. It was removed from you as far as the east is from the west. Once and for all, years ago.
So we need to be good. For Christ's sake. Not your own.
I have a feeling your future is in good hands. Relax, straighten your crown, and do something good because He was good to you first.
Love to you. :)

Your God sounds like a nutcase.

I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me.
Karma does not exist?

I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me.
Karma does not exist?

They ask for it, they get it. The Jews actually ask God to judge their children for their mistakes:

Matthew 27:24-25
When Pilate saw that he was accomplishing nothing, but that instead a riot was breaking out, he took water and washed his hands before the crowd. “I am innocent of this man’s blood,” he said. “You shall bear the responsibility.” All the people answered, “His blood be on us and on our children!”

Karma isn't Biblical. It is suppose to determine one's station in the next life based on their performance in a past life according to the Hindu.
It has been used as a sort of, "what goes around, comes around" or "you get what you deserve".
Under Christ we receive Grace < undeserved favor.
We have a loving Father who does the opposite of Karma. We get forgiveness that we don't deserve. Our actions have consequences here on earth. Kill someone while driving drunk and most likely you will go to jail. God will forgive you, but the State will not.

Last edited:

Karma does not exist?

I believe karma probably does exist as a form of corrective experience. Our actions have consequences as Irish Ram has stated. I got most of my beliefs from spiritualist trance mediums not from the Hindus, but the principle is the same.
Actions cause reactions and every thing we do has to be accounted for, over many incarnations.

Karma does not exist?

I believe karma probably does exist as a form of corrective experience. Our actions have consequences as Irish Ram has stated. I got most of my beliefs from spiritualist trance mediums not from the Hindus, but the principle is the same.
Actions cause reactions and every thing we do has to be accounted for, over many incarnations.
We call it, Mee-dah k'neh-ghed mee-dah, measure for measure.
Ghee-goo-lihm is reincarnation.

Karma does not exist?

They ask for it, they get it. The Jews actually ask God to judge their children for their mistakes:

When Pilate saw that he was accomplishing nothing, but that instead a riot was breaking out, he took water and washed his hands before the crowd. “I am innocent of this man’s blood,” he said. “You shall bear the responsibility.” All the people answered, “His blood be on us and on our children!”

Karma isn't Biblical. It is suppose to determine one's station in the next life based on their performance in a past life according to the Hindu.
It has been used as a sort of, "what goes around, comes around" or "you get what you deserve".
We have a loving Father who does the opposite of Karma. We get forgiveness that we don't deserve. Our actions have consequences here on earth. Kill someone while driving drunk and most likely you will go to jail. God will forgive you, but the State will not.

History lesson:
Pilate is from the AD era, how can you have a Jannaeus Alexander widows mite coin 100bc son of Mary christ, a Galilean Tax revolter in the time of Lysanias(died 35bc) and Herod(died 4bc)christ , and the AD era river Jordan Christs in Pilates era when only Theudas is an AD era Christ?
Talk about trinities -Wow!

Karma does not exist?

History lesson:
Pilate is from the AD era, how can you have a Jannaeus Alexander widows mite coin 100bc son of Mary christ, a Galilean Tax revolter in the time of Lysanias(died 35bc) and Herod(died 4bc)christ , and the AD era river Jordan Christs in Pilates era when only Theudas is an AD era Christ?
Talk about trinities -Wow!
Please correct your spelling before submitting.

Not one word of church in that. All individuals, all mankind. The Bride of Christ is the Church of individuals. If you want Christ's view on churches, it's all right there in Rev. to the churches that Paul started. Jesus was talking to the individuals that belonged to those churches and explained their good and bad behavior.
If you never walked into another church again, everything I posted above would still apply to you. If you accepted Christ and never did another good work in your life, your last breath on earth will be your first breath in Heaven. You'll be embarrassed, standing behind Mother Teresa in line for rewards for good works done for Christ's sake, but you will be there.

John 6:28-29 - "Then said they unto him, WHAT SHALL WE DO, that we might work the works
of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, THIS IS THE WORK OF GOD, THAT YE BELIEVE
ON HIM
whom he hath sent."

What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh, discovered in this matter? If, in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about—but not before God. What does Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.

Romans 4:6-7 Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation. However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness.

You just called the Church the Bride of Christ. Make up your mind, however in the Book of Revelations which you point to, it is the New Jerusalem which is referred to as being the Bride of Christ. Paul did not call the Church the Bride of Christ. Paul only used a caste virgin as an example.

Followers of Christ are his church, his bride. It is not brick and mortal, it is not the Vatican, or the building I walk into on River Ave. He is the bridegroom, we are the bride.
New Jerusalem is described in this manner, as a bride. Like a bride, not THE bride. It is the same as, I collapsed as if dead. I wasn't dead, I just looked like it. See the difference?
What I said about the churches that Paul started was that Christ addressed them in Rev. I never said Paul referred to them as brides.

Forum List

Back