Goeser: How gun control helped a stalker kill my husband

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
My friends, this is what happens when you are unable to defend those you love, because you aren't allowed to bear arms in their defense. On one fateful night in 2009, Nicole Goeser watched as a man who had been stalking her for a period of time, shot and killed her husband Ben, in a Karaoke bar. Because of gun legislation in the state of Tennessee, and because the bar they were in was a "gun free zone," Mrs. Goeser locked her gun in the car to comply with the law. Little did she know that such compliance would cost her the man she loved. Little did she know that the state's gun control legislation would render her defenseless in the face of danger.

In April 2009, my husband was shot six times in front of me in the middle of a busy restaurant by a man who was stalking me. I have a permit to carry a handgun but because of the law at that time in my home state of Tennessee, I had to leave the gun that I normally carried for self defense, locked in my car that night.

My husband Ben and I ran our mobile karaoke business out of a restaurant that served alcohol and my gun was forbidden there. I obeyed the law but my stalker, who was carrying a gun illegally, ignored it.

I noticed my stalker (a former karaoke customer) in the crowd that night and I knew something was not right. This was a man that I had blocked from my social network account due to inappropriate messages he had sent me.

He had never threatened me or my husband but he was definitely creepy.

My husband Ben had asked him to leave me alone before he showed up at this venue where I had never seen him before.

I realized at that point I was being stalked.

I asked the management at the restaurant to remove him.When they approached him and asked him to leave, he pulled out a .45 semi-auto and shot Ben. He then stood over him and continued to fire five more rounds into my husband.

I could only watch in horror and helplessness.

Since that terrible night I have learned that gun free zones are a predator's playground. This is where my stalker found us and where we were defenseless.

How gun control helped a stalker kill my husband | Fox News

Last edited:
Well then. I must have exposed the wicked underbelly of gun control. Why so quiet?

An odd thing about humans, if one really wants to kill you, you are as good as dead regardless of what you do, unless you can get to them first. Case in point.

That's the biggest load of garbage I've ever heard. An odd thing here is, PMH, is that if you have a club, and another guy has a club, chances are he won't attack you for lack of an advantage.

Your logic is flawed.

My friends, this is what happens when you are unable to defend those you love, because you aren't allowed to bear arms in their defense. On one fateful night in 2009, Nicole Goeser watched as a man who had been stalking her for a period of time, shot and killed her husband Ben, in a Karaoke bar. Because of gun legislation in the state of Tennessee, and because the bar they were in was a "gun free zone," Mrs. Goeser locked her gun in the car to comply with the law. Little did she know that such compliance would cost her the man she loved. Little did she know that the state's gun control legislation would render her defenseless in the face of danger.

In April 2009, my husband was shot six times in front of me in the middle of a busy restaurant by a man who was stalking me. I have a permit to carry a handgun but because of the law at that time in my home state of Tennessee, I had to leave the gun that I normally carried for self defense, locked in my car that night.

My husband Ben and I ran our mobile karaoke business out of a restaurant that served alcohol and my gun was forbidden there. I obeyed the law but my stalker, who was carrying a gun illegally, ignored it.

I noticed my stalker (a former karaoke customer) in the crowd that night and I knew something was not right
. This was a man that I had blocked from my social network account due to inappropriate messages he had sent me.

My husband Ben had asked him to leave me alone before he showed up at this venue where I had never seen him before.

I asked the management at the restaurant to remove him. When they approached him and asked him to leave, he pulled out a .45 semi-auto and shot Ben. He then stood over him and continued to fire five more rounds into my husband.

Since that terrible night I have learned that gun free zones are a predator's playground. This is where my stalker found us and where we were defenseless.

Owning a gun and carrying it inside the bar would not have changed the outcome. Unless of course that woman is Quick Draw McGraw

or better, we have to assume the bad guy would not have shot her husband if there was no law

Last edited:
An odd thing about humans, if one really wants to kill you, you are as good as dead regardless of what you do, unless you can get to them first. Case in point.

That's the biggest load of garbage I've ever heard. An odd thing here is, PMH, is that if you have a club, and another guy has a club, chances are he won't attack you for lack of an advantage.

Your logic is flawed.
The logic is that in order to save her husband she would have had to have shot the stalker first. That's what guns are for, killing people, exactly what the stalker did. Even if she had been armed all she could have done was make for a double feature at the morgue that night. Her husband was already dead by then.

Your logic is flawed.

LMAO. So if I walk up to you from behind, knowing you have a gun in your pocket and I put my gun up to the back of your head, you are saying I don't have the advantage in that situation. Cause you still have your gun but my gun is sticking you in the back of the head, the situation is all equal.

See how fucking stupid you are?

I noticed my stalker (a former karaoke customer) in the crowd that night and I knew something was not right
. This was a man that I had blocked from my social network account due to inappropriate messages he had sent me.

I asked the management at the restaurant to remove him. When they approached him and asked him to leave, he pulled out a .45 semi-auto and shot Ben. He then stood over him and continued to fire five more rounds into my husband.

Owning a gun and carrying it inside the bar would not have changed the outcome. Unless of course that woman is Quick Draw McGraw

or better, we have to assume the bad guy would not have shot her husband if there was no law

Alas, she noticed him in the bar. She was wary about him. She tried to have him removed. I'm sure that if he chose to make an unwanted advance on her, she would have been able to whip out her firearm. You generalize too much. The fact here is, criminals don't obey gun control laws. This is a concrete example of such.

Everyone in bars should have guns. Nothing goes better with blinding amounts of alcohol like a semi-automatic handgun.

Your logic is flawed.
The logic is that in order to save her husband she would have had to have shot the stalker first. That's what guns are for, killing people, exactly what the stalker did. Even if she had been armed all she could have done was make for a double feature at the morgue that night. Her husband was already dead by then.

So, what would have happened had the stalker went after her next? What would the chances have been that there would have been a double murder in that bar that night? So, you automatically assume that if she had attempted to defend herself that she would be dead too? Do you begrudge anyone the right to defend themselves in public or in private? Should she have just soiled herself or something as some liberal politicians have suggested?

Lovely how you resort to presumptions, PMH.

Alas, she noticed him in the bar. She was wary about him. She tried to have him removed. I'm sure that if he chose to make an unwanted advance on her, she would have been able to whip out her firearm. You generalize too much. The fact here is, criminals don't obey gun control laws. This is a concrete example of such.

and if he...but he didn't.

Facts you posted make your argument look ridiculous at best. Actually it is you who has generalized, to no avail. He did not make a move on her. She said he looked and acted creepy. She did what responsible people do -- went to management and the nut case pulled out a weapon. Too late

Everyone in bars should have guns. Nothing goes better with blinding amounts of alcohol like a semi-automatic handgun.

Eh, well except for the DESIGNATED DRIVERS. Not everyone goes to a bar for the express purposes of getting drunk, smart alec.

:eusa_hand:

I noticed my stalker (a former karaoke customer) in the crowd that night and I knew something was not right. This was a man that I had blocked from my social network account due to inappropriate messages he had sent me.

I asked the management at the restaurant to remove him.When they approached him and asked him to leave, he pulled out a .45 semi-auto and shot Ben. He then stood over him and continued to fire five more rounds into my husband.

So she watched in "horror and helplessness"? Why in the fuck didn't she attack the guy bare handed like the Marine did? IF she was so frozen by this violence, she would have been worthless with a gun as well. And who knows how many others in this "crowded" bar would have been shot. People who freeze in horror and helplessness at violent situations are worthless with a gun.

Funny joke: A guy walks into a bar with a gun and you're dead before you hit the floor. Wait, maybe that's not so funny, but absolutely accurate even if you are armed like Rambo at the time.

and if he...but he didn't.

Facts you posted make your argument look ridiculous at best. Actually it is you who has generalized, to no avail. He did not make a move on her. She said he looked and acted creepy. She did what responsible people do -- went to management and the nut case pulled out a weapon. Too late

Okay, fine then. I'll theorize here, that if some nutcase pulls out a gun and has the barrel pointed at your head, I'll bet you'll regret not being able to defend yourself adequately, in the waning moments of your life. Pepper spray won't do you any good when you're lying there dead in a puddle of blood, or if a loved one is rendered likewise.

But hey, you still haven't argued the merits of gun control yet. Why is that?

Funny joke: A guy walks into a bar with a gun and you're dead before you hit the floor. Wait, maybe that's not so funny, but absolutely accurate even if you are armed like Rambo at the time.

Wow, you can't even get Rambo right. In First Blood Part II, during the jungle scene, he killed people with a bowie knife, not a gun. Your Rambo reference is off target.

:eusa_whistle:

except in the movies and active imaginations of gun nuts...:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back