Good Grief… Occupy Wall Street Imbeciles Release 13 Demands Including “$20 Minimum Wa

It's a movement of disenfranchised American's and it's unorganized.

There are no real demands yet, there is no real leadership.

It's finally the start of the ‘American Spring’...finally.

:clap2:

Occupying Wall Street, demanding accountability - CNN.com

"We're here for different reasons," said Vincent, whose father is also unemployed and recently went through a home foreclosure. "But at the end of the day, it all boils down to one thing, and that's accountability. We want accountability for the connection between Wall Street and the politicians."

"Something has to change," he told CNN. "We're out here because we're tired of what's been going on."

Giles Clarke, a 46-year-old freelance photographer and father of two, echoes Vincent's call for greater accountability.

"People have simply had enough," Clarke said. "We're living in an age where the inequality between high-end Wall Street and the (rest of us) is simply a gap that has become too big. Millions of people have lost their jobs. Millions of people have lost their homes."

There's been, Clarke said, "way too much cloak-and-dagger activity within the corridors of Wall Street" in recent years. "This is about raising awareness and a change of political discourse."

I hope it gains momentum!
"Disenfranchised"...another buzz term used for political gain and little else.
There is no such thing. If it exists, it is their own fault. People disenfranchise themselves because of their own laziness and apathy.
They merely expect things and when they make no effort to affect change, they bitch and moan about how rotten things are. On occasion you have the weak minded flock mentality take command and we get these silly protests.
If these people really wanted to light a fire under the ass of the financial world, they would find ways to get on the inside and change it from within, And don't tell me it's impossible. That's bullshit.

Anyone know who started this bunch of crap??
Kinda looks to me like left wing may have started this to go along with Barry's class warfare crap.

If not. It does seem rather coincidental and is now spreading across the country. Wonky or what??

Why are these morons on Wall St.?? If it were me I would be in DC where the laws, regulations and oversite originate.

I used to work there.. there's always somebody down there bitching about something. We used to get sandwiches at the Water St. Deli and go sit on the steps of the Federal Building and gawk at the protesters.

soros

the lawyers guild

unions

I'm still laughing about the $20 min wage thing. These people really are the dumbest of American society. Seriously. Has anyone else done the math on that min wage? :lmao:

And someone called you smart.

I'm smart enough to work out the economic impact of a $20 min wage. If you are not, that's really nothing to be proud of.

Here Cali Girl, let me have the honor: You know, from your post, it is apparent that you have a firm grasp on the socio-economic impact of the proposed minimum wage of $20.00 an hour. So, based upon your observations, I would say: Jeeze, you are one smart cookie! :lol:

Really, I mean how ever did we survive before Social Security, the nanny welfare state, and the income tax? Everyone knows expecting personal responsibility and accountability is as radical as expecting everything to be handed to you on a silver platter for doing absolutely nothing at all. That's just crazy talk, man. Crazy

before social security, 50% of senior citizens lived below the poverty line. social security is paid for... it is not charity. it is not a hand out.

you are very, very young. you seem to have no understanding of what a society should be. the randian/tea party would would be an extraordinary ugly one.

but i'm sure the koch brothers would love it. :thup:
SS is NOT paid for. It is a TAX. The government takes part of the wages of the individual and places the money into the general fund. The money is replaced with IOU's.
Hence the reason why the system is broken and cannot sustain itself.
Social Security was never meant to be something on which to live. It is a supplement.
In my opinion, the US should have followed the system in Canada.
Each employer and worker pays a 4% tax of their income. That money is placed into a pension account which the government cannot touch. Upon the worker's retirement, he or she begins receiving periodic checks.
Here's a link...This is the type of system we should have had here. Not the slush fund DC politicians have been stealing from all these years.
SS is OUR money. The concept should have been is we get it ALL back after we retire.
SS is a sneaky dastardly concept. We were taken to the cleaners and left with the bill.
link....General Information About The Canada Pension Plan.

okey dokey...:eusa_whistle:
links in article at site.

SNIP:
Posted by Jim Hoft on Monday, October 3, 2011, 3:58 PM

These imbeciles are just as dumb as we thought. Occupy Wall Street protesters posted a proposed list of demands on their website today.
Thankfully, most American fifth graders aren’t this stupid.

A demonstrator dressed as a “corporate zombie” takes part in an Occupy Wall Street protest in lower Manhattan in New York October 3, 2011. The Occupy Wall Street protests moved into their third week on Monday with demonstrators camping out in Zuccotti Park. (REUTERS/Mike Segar)

From the Occupy Wall Street website, via Picket and Loesch:

Demand one: Restoration of the living wage. This demand can only be met by ending “Freetrade” by re-imposing trade tariffs on all imported goods entering the American market to level the playing field for domestic family farming and domestic manufacturing as most nations that are dumping cheap products onto the American market have radical wage and environmental regulation advantages. Another policy that must be instituted is raise the minimum wage to twenty dollars an hr.

Demand two: Institute a universal single payer healthcare system. To do this all private insurers must be banned from the healthcare market as their only effect on the health of patients is to take money away from doctors, nurses and hospitals preventing them from doing their jobs and hand that money to wall st. investors.

Demand three: Guaranteed living wage income regardless of employment.

Demand four: Free college education.

read the rest with comments at..
Good Grief… Occupy Wall Street Imbeciles Release 13 Demands Including “$20 Minimum Wage” and “Across the Board Debt Forgiveness For All” | The Gateway Pundit

20 Dollar Minimum Wage? Holy shit lol. Talk about Inflationary. A gallon of milk is gonna be 9 Bucks if we raise the Minimum Wage that far all at once.
What those in support of instant wage increases to "living wage" do not understand is that wages do not exist in a vacuum. If wages dramatically increase, so would the cost of goods and services. As labor is the largest portion of the cost of doing business, higher pay means higher prices. At the end of the day, those on the lower end of the wage scale would be right back at square one.

SNIP:

These imbeciles are just as dumb as we thought. Occupy Wall Street protesters posted a proposed list of demands on their website today.

A demonstrator dressed as a “corporate zombie” takes part in an Occupy Wall Street protest in lower Manhattan in New York October 3, 2011. The Occupy Wall Street protests moved into their third week on Monday with demonstrators camping out in Zuccotti Park. (REUTERS/Mike Segar)

Demand one: Restoration of the living wage. This demand can only be met by ending “Freetrade” by re-imposing trade tariffs on all imported goods entering the American market to level the playing field for domestic family farming and domestic manufacturing as most nations that are dumping cheap products onto the American market have radical wage and environmental regulation advantages. Another policy that must be instituted is raise the minimum wage to twenty dollars an hr.

Demand two: Institute a universal single payer healthcare system. To do this all private insurers must be banned from the healthcare market as their only effect on the health of patients is to take money away from doctors, nurses and hospitals preventing them from doing their jobs and hand that money to wall st. investors.

Good Grief… Occupy Wall Street Imbeciles Release 13 Demands Including “$20 Minimum Wage” and “Across the Board Debt Forgiveness For All” | The Gateway Pundit

20 Dollar Minimum Wage? Holy shit lol. Talk about Inflationary. A gallon of milk is gonna be 9 Bucks if we raise the Minimum Wage that far all at once.
What those in support of instant wage increases to "living wage" do not understand is that wages do not exist in a vacuum. If wages dramatically increase, so would the cost of goods and services. As labor is the largest portion of the cost of doing business, higher pay means higher prices. At the end of the day, those on the lower end of the wage scale would be right back at square one.

Look, the last time minimum wage was raised, bread and milk prices rose immediately.

It was just a coincidence! HONEST!!

Look, the last time minimum wage was raised, bread and milk prices rose immediately.

It was just a coincidence! HONEST!!

Nah, it was 'corporate greed'. :lol:

SNIP:

lol

hilarious

Really, I mean how ever did we survive before Social Security, the nanny welfare state, and the income tax? Everyone knows expecting personal responsibility and accountability is as radical as expecting everything to be handed to you on a silver platter for doing absolutely nothing at all. That's just crazy talk, man. Crazy

before social security, 50% of senior citizens lived below the poverty line. social security is paid for... it is not charity. it is not a hand out.

you are very, very young. you seem to have no understanding of what a society should be. the randian/tea party would would be an extraordinary ugly one.

but i'm sure the koch brothers would love it. :thup:
SS is NOT paid for. It is a TAX. The government takes part of the wages of the individual and places the money into the general fund. The money is replaced with IOU's.
Hence the reason why the system is broken and cannot sustain itself.
Social Security was never meant to be something on which to live. It is a supplement.
In my opinion, the US should have followed the system in Canada.
Each employer and worker pays a 4% tax of their income. That money is placed into a pension account which the government cannot touch. Upon the worker's retirement, he or she begins receiving periodic checks.
Here's a link...This is the type of system we should have had here. Not the slush fund DC politicians have been stealing from all these years.
SS is OUR money. The concept should have been is we get it ALL back after we retire.
SS is a sneaky dastardly concept. We were taken to the cleaners and left with the bill.
link....General Information About The Canada Pension Plan.

I absolutely agree that we should move towards a Canadian pension model. However, it is run by the government. But when they passed the law, it was stated very clearly that the fund was to be run as a professional fund with zero political interference, so the politicians can't get their grubby hands on it.

We would be so so much better off with that system than SS.

:/

That would effectively end any hope we have of recovering from our debt.

It's like they take every aggrieved left-wing group, ask them what they want, then call it a "manifesto."

Demand eleven: Immediate across the board debt forgiveness for all. Debt forgiveness of sovereign debt, commercial loans, home mortgages, home equity loans, credit card debt, student loans and personal loans now! All debt must be stricken from the “Books.” World Bank Loans to all Nations, Bank to Bank Debt and all Bonds and Margin Call Debt in the stock market including all Derivatives or Credit Default Swaps, all 65 trillion dollars of them must also be stricken from the “Books.” And I don’t mean debt that is in default, I mean all debt on the entire planet period.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

God, how can people be so stupid!

Demand eleven: Immediate across the board debt forgiveness for all. Debt forgiveness of sovereign debt, commercial loans, home mortgages, home equity loans, credit card debt, student loans and personal loans now! All debt must be stricken from the “Books.” World Bank Loans to all Nations, Bank to Bank Debt and all Bonds and Margin Call Debt in the stock market including all Derivatives or Credit Default Swaps, all 65 trillion dollars of them must also be stricken from the “Books.” And I don’t mean debt that is in default, I mean all debt on the entire planet period.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

God, how can people be so stupid!

Well, when they start off with the $20 ph min wage.... anyone with an double digit IQ can see it's gonna do downhill from there.... doncha think? :lol:

These people vote. How fucking scary is that? :lol::lol::eek:

A group is forming in University of Las Vegas for an Occupy Vegas. One of the organizers was being interviewed on our local news. He said his complaint was that the corporations are supposed to represent us, and all they really represent are their own profits and shareholders.

How did a university student get that stupid? Where did he get the idea that corporations are supposed to represent ANYONE or ANYTHING other than their own interests?

The protesters are shocking in their ignorance.

Amazing isn't it? A corporation looks after the interests of it's stockholders. Why on earth would we want the corporations accountable to the people who invest in it? They should just ignore those people and do whatever they want, right?

You just couldnt wait to come in and look stupid could you?

I fight fire with fire.

lol fighting fire with fire.

You made an idiotic comment and want a free pass.

:fu:

Ive never understood the fighting fire with fire comment anyway. You dont put out fires by spraying more funny. You use water or dirt or CO2. Something that will stop the fire.

Spreading more fire around is just plain stupid.

I'm still laughing about the $20 min wage thing. These people really are the dumbest of American society. Seriously. Has anyone else done the math on that min wage? :lmao:

And someone called you smart.

And they would be right. She is smart.

It's fairly obvious to people who think what is wrong with the $20 min wage "Demand".

So why is it you don't understand it? I dont buy the claim that you are dumb. So why are you trying to diliberately mislead people, misinform people, and push our nation to it's destruction?

Forum List

Back