Google also found evidence of " Russan" influence in US election

"Oh yeah they did, and so did Facebook and the others, and they didn't care because no legal action was taken against them and it was their moolah."

Hmm, maybe, but not so sure they knew it in real time. Seems like they know more than they have revealed, but I think they found it via audit, not real-time reports.
Then they're a bunch of idiots, because I found plenty of that type of stuff just looking at the internet during that time, which seemed pretty obvious, and I certainly do not have the resources they do.
"Then they're a bunch of idiots, because I found plenty of that type of stuff just looking at the internet during that time,"

No you didn't. You found nothing that could be tied to Russians, by ruling out other sources. Come on, man.
There were obvious Russian trolls on youtube, as well as obvious Russian propaganda videos in various languages. Also Facebook.

Don't ask me for IP addresses.
okay, but sayng "there were some" is not the same as being able to document lots of them. And they weren't really trying to do so, anyway. why would they? they are private corporations, unbound by any law to do so.
There were obviously not some, but lots.
Yes, but saying so is not the same as pouring a company's resources into tracking them. I think these cpmpanies got caught with their pants down.

"Oh yeah they did, and so did Facebook and the others, and they didn't care because no legal action was taken against them and it was their moolah."

Hmm, maybe, but not so sure they knew it in real time. Seems like they know more than they have revealed, but I think they found it via audit, not real-time reports.
Then they're a bunch of idiots, because I found plenty of that type of stuff just looking at the internet during that time, which seemed pretty obvious, and I certainly do not have the resources they do.
"Then they're a bunch of idiots, because I found plenty of that type of stuff just looking at the internet during that time,"

No you didn't. You found nothing that could be tied to Russians, by ruling out other sources. Come on, man.
There were obvious Russian trolls on youtube, as well as obvious Russian propaganda videos in various languages. Also Facebook.

Don't ask me for IP addresses.
okay, but sayng "there were some" is not the same as being able to document lots of them. And they weren't really trying to do so, anyway. why would they? they are private corporations, unbound by any law to do so.
There were obviously not some, but lots.
+
Muscovite Asymmetrical Warfare is much more than just e-net trolling ...

"
Timothy Snyder: The Russian Military Tactic of 'Reverse Asymmetrical Warfare' in Ukraine2

We won Hillary lost that's all that matters.
whats about well planed frontal foreign attack on the USA´s most important STATE institution ?

What if Putin's real "well planed frontal foreign attack on the USA´s most important STATE institution" is all of this "collusion conspiracy" and Mueller "investigation"?

This isn't Putin's first rodeo if he wanted to really interfere with our electon he could and he would never get caught (for awhile at least). His big master plan was to buy ads against a candidate who had no chance of winning? Hacking into a server with no security that everyone was hacking?

Democrats and liberals are the real puppets of Putin.

ummm.... france & denmark found out that russia was attempting to hack into their elections too. putin isn't as smart as he should be. he was banking on trump to come thru for him with lifting sanctions... to start with. how did that work out for ol' vlad?

whats about well planed frontal foreign attack on the USA´s most important STATE institution ?

What if Putin's real "well planed frontal foreign attack on the USA´s most important STATE institution" is all of this "collusion conspiracy" and Mueller "investigation"?

This isn't Putin's first rodeo if he wanted to really interfere with our electon he could and he would never get caught (for awhile at least). His big master plan was to buy ads against a candidate who had no chance of winning? Hacking into a server with no security that everyone was hacking?

ummm.... france & denmark found out that russia was attempting to hack into their elections too. putin isn't as smart as he should be. he was banking on trump to come thru for him with lifting sanctions... to start with. how did that work out for ol' vlad?
It seems that, at this point, Putin does not give a shit who knows he is doing it, as it works anyway. And he's right.

Well, truth and facts start come out , I just wander what Putin´s useful idiots are gonna say this time? What Trump is gonna do new?

"
Et tu, Google? Search and ad giant Google has found evidence that Russian agents purchased ads on YouTube, Google Search, Gmail and the company's DoubleClick ad network, unnamed sources have told the Washington Post. That means Russian actors have penetrated all the large Silicon Valley ad firms, as Facebook and Twitter recently revealed similar attacks. However, the Google ads were reportedly not purchased by the same Vladimir Putin-affiliated group that bought ads on Facebook, meaning the problem could be more widespread than thought.

" Google also found evidence of Russian influence in US election

Ban%2BRussian%2BTrolls.jpg
so is russia buying ads on facebook illegal? on google/youtube?

please show me what law they broke *IF* they even did this. i'm curious how that looks on the books.

Obama accepts millions in campaign contributions from foreign countries and its total crickets, Russia buys $100k in ads attacking hildebeest and liberals freak out.

mmmmm.... right or wrong.... tell the class how that influenced voters that were going to vote for the other guy ?

Hillary is a guy? Have you informed CNN of this breaking news?

a figureof speech too difficult for you to understand?

Well, truth and facts start come out , I just wander what Putin´s useful idiots are gonna say this time? What Trump is gonna do new?

"
Et tu, Google? Search and ad giant Google has found evidence that Russian agents purchased ads on YouTube, Google Search, Gmail and the company's DoubleClick ad network, unnamed sources have told the Washington Post. That means Russian actors have penetrated all the large Silicon Valley ad firms, as Facebook and Twitter recently revealed similar attacks. However, the Google ads were reportedly not purchased by the same Vladimir Putin-affiliated group that bought ads on Facebook, meaning the problem could be more widespread than thought.

please show me what law they broke *IF* they even did this. i'm curious how that looks on the books.
What difference does that make? Is that how your ethics are decided.... only after you find out if something is illegal or not? that's silly.

the powers that be at facebook, twitter & alphabet (google) are going to be testifying at a public hearing. should be quite enlightening.

Senate Intel asks Facebook, Twitter and Alphabet to public hearing
by Dylan Byers and Jeremy Herb @CNNMoney September 27, 2017: 6:00 PM ET
170924154524-warner-wants-new-law-for-political-ads-1024x576.jpg

Warner wants a new law tracking political ads
The Senate Intelligence Committee has invited Facebook, Twitter and Google parent company Alphabet to testify at a public hearing on how foreign nationals used digital media platforms to influence American politics and the 2016 presidential election, three sources familiar with the matter told CNN.
The hearing, scheduled for November 1, follows Facebook's disclosure that it had sold about $100,000 in ads to Russian troll farms connected to about 470 inauthentic accounts. Representatives from Twitter will meet privately with Senate Intelligence Committee staff on Thursday and are expected to disclose similar findings.
[...]
The House intelligence committee also announced Wednesday it would hold a public hearing with tech companies next month "in order to better understand how Russia used online tools and platforms to sow discord in and influence our election."
[...]

Senate Intel asks Facebook, Twitter and Alphabet to public hearing
I predict a big fat nothing burger again. too funny.

how delicious it is going to be when it all comes down. tons sweeter than that spinach you been chokin' on.

It seems that, at this point, Putin does not give a shit who knows he is doing it, as it works anyway. And he's right.

he called the trolls in his employ 'patriots'.

"

What difference does that make? Is that how your ethics are decided.... only after you find out if something is illegal or not? that's silly.
makes a big difference.

i'm not condoning any action whatsoever at this point - let's not over analyze what i am saying so you can slide back into defense mode and come at me vs. the issue / topic at hand.

can we buy ads on facebook and target russian propoganda? does facebook T&C's prevent political ads that were violated? google? youtube?

i'm not saying i'm anxious for this to become a huge issue. i *am* saying i can't believe people will fall for anything they read so they kinda deserve it if they read something stupid and go AH HA I TOLD YOU THEY WERE XYZ!!!

to which we all tend to do regardless of who is paying for what ad. more like a pavlovian response than illegal.

so if russia did it - now what? where would we go from there? ban political ads on facebook? ban russian ads on facebook? what?

so before you go attacking my ethics, get to know them first, deal? i'll try to do the same for you.

"

screenshot.gif

"

makes a big difference.

i'm not condoning any action whatsoever at this point - let's not over analyze what i am saying so you can slide back into defense mode and come at me vs. the issue / topic at hand.

can we buy ads on facebook and target russian propoganda? does facebook T&C's prevent political ads that were violated? google? youtube?

i'm not saying i'm anxious for this to become a huge issue. i *am* saying i can't believe people will fall for anything they read so they kinda deserve it if they read something stupid and go AH HA I TOLD YOU THEY WERE XYZ!!!

to which we all tend to do regardless of who is paying for what ad. more like a pavlovian response than illegal.

so if russia did it - now what? where would we go from there? ban political ads on facebook? ban russian ads on facebook? what?

so before you go attacking my ethics, get to know them first, deal? i'll try to do the same for you.
Track them like political contributions, and force these social media and search providers to track them. First find out how it works and to what degree it is working. This is what terrifies these companies, and why getting this information has been like oulling teeth.

"What to do about it" will become more clear at that time. One suggestion being floated is to consider it to be "in-kind support" for candidates by foreign entities, and prohibit it. Did you know a foreign citizen or entity cannot purchase time on TV for a political ad? While this cyber bullshit is much murkier, that should not prevent is from doing anything at all.

We went from COLLUSION to influence and we all know that in a society with a free press and privately run social networking apps what that means...

NOTHING

Unless the lefties are going to propose a government takeover of yet another private enterprise.

I think it's quite amusing how the left are left empty handed after all their attempts to help Russia with their goal to disrupt America

there is no such thing as collusion. the actual charge(s) would be conspiracy. & if data analytics were used to target specific demographics... on behalf of a foreign state... that is just a piece of the attack... & is quite unlawful btw.

IF

cambridge analytica. start there.

Russia is attempting to use democracy against the west. Russia is our enemy and we must stop them.

I'm fine with Russia helping us defeat Hillary.

that makes you a traitor.
not if you already thought hillary was the traitor to the constitution.

hillary doesn't have a special counsel with upwards of 20 specialized agents investigating her. or several senate & house investigations looking into that very thing either.

lol.........

"

makes a big difference.

Track them like political contributions, and force these social media and search providers to track them. First find out how it works and to what degree it is working. This is what terrifies these companies, and why getting this information has been like oulling teeth.

"What to do about it" will become more clear at that time. One suggestion being floated is to consider it to be "in-kind support" for candidates by foreign entities, and prohibit it. Did you know a foreign citizen or entity cannot purchase time on TV for a political ad? While this cyber bullshit is much murkier, that should not prevent is from doing anything at all.
well the entire game has changed. how it's played, how they will play it, how they'll use human behavior against each other. and while i am like "bad russia" for pulling that shit (if they did) i do not pretend for a moment we're not busy doing the same thing. we're either a lot better at hiding it or the russians are not cry babies when they see us do it to them like we seem to be.

*if* that scenario is what is happening that is.

we seem to be bending over backwards to "find" evidence against russia and one things i've learned is if you want to - you will find what you are looking for whether it's there or not.

and that's the "in between" i see us in as a country right now. how much is real? how much is liberal butthurt? then in the end, what do we do to grow up and/or establish policy to try and stop it.

as for tracking political ads, if i take one out myself and say this is just me talking, what good would it do to facebook? they going to censor me and other americans who disagree with them? that would be a much bigger problem. just like russia would want us to have. :)

+ Germany, Estonia, UK, CIA, FBI, NATO, etc. only paid trolls, useful idiots can say today that there are no evidence

What are Barry Hussein's useful idiots going to do? Hussein was in charge of the Country including the electoral process. If Russia was dealing with Google where was the FBI? Was the FBI sleeping or were they in on it? How about the CIA? It hasn't done anything right since WW2.

obama isn't 'in charge' of the electoral college. oh & he tried to warn zuckerberg about the ads & fwasn't taken seriously.... that is until he was. oopsie.... a little too late. i can't wait for the public hearings

Forum List

Back