GOP are not about "freedom": Move to Kill Net Neutrality Legislation

The horror of a company turning a profit to let someone use their stuff.

gaddamn, the ignorance of liberals is just fucking profound

The Federal Communications Commission announced Wednesday that it plans to reinstate rules that would restrict Internet providers from blocking websites or charging sites like Netflix an extra fee for faster service. The announcement comes one month after a federal court struck down the commission's net-neutrality rules but upheld its authority to regulate the Internet.

see you get your way you might just get blocked by your Isp to come here. You might be able to move, you may not

:lmao:

how many times has this occurred since 2000?

I mean, if it's as common as you think it is to need the government to protect me, it must happen a lot.

Is once not enough or you want examples of repeated rape to show rape hurts?

The Federal Communications Commission announced Wednesday that it plans to reinstate rules that would restrict Internet providers from blocking websites or charging sites like Netflix an extra fee for faster service. The announcement comes one month after a federal court struck down the commission's net-neutrality rules but upheld its authority to regulate the Internet.

see you get your way you might just get blocked by your Isp to come here. You might be able to move, you may not

I mean, if it's as common as you think it is to need the government to protect me, it must happen a lot.

slowing down the net is now the same as rape.

Would you like to apologies for that or make a stand and prove how it's the same?

and for the terminally liberal that just can't learn

The cost of following these new regulations, and there will be costs, will get passed onto the consumer.

so please, go fuck yourself.

What regulations? What costs are you talking about?

ok, ok, I'll pretend you can learn

Co A provides the net to Co B. Co B pays Co A for this.

Co B wants more or better net, so Co A charges them for it.

Now, the fcc steps in to stop this evulness

Co B wants more or better net, so Co A charges you for it and hires lawyers to make sure the fcc can't fine them for missing something in the vast new regulations that they have to follow, and that cost will be passed onto you.

You don't seem to have any idea of what you're talking about.

Let me try to explain the situation:

Netflix, or a company like them, pays a large amount of money for bandwidth on their end, in order to "upload" their content to the internets. On this end (we can call it the "upload" end), companies like Netflix already pay depending on how much bandwidth they need. Net Neutrality has nothing to do with this.

As of now (under so-called "net neutrality") - it works the same way on the consumer end. You pay your ISP for bandwidth, and you're allowed to use your bandwidth to access whatever content you want - the ISP is not allowed to give preference to any content over another.

Without net neutrality, your ISP can choose to charge you more to access specific content - or choose to charge more to Netflix to give their content a higher priority. As you always like to point out, Netflix will then charge their customers more, so either way it's the consumer who has to pay more.

Co B wants more or better net, so Co A charges you for it and hires lawyers to make sure the fcc can't fine them for missing something in the vast new regulations that they have to follow, and that cost will be passed onto you.

Not hypotheticals.

What actual govt regulations will make prices go up in regards to net neutrality?

I'm done pretending.

I guess we should start here because some people have no idea what it means:

Net neutrality (also network neutrality or Internet neutrality) is the principle that Internet service providers and governments should treat all data on the Internet equally, not discriminating or charging differentially by user, content, site, platform, application, type of attached equipment, and modes of communication. The term was coined by Columbia media law professor Tim Wu.[1][2][3][4]

And go.

Would you like to apologies for that or make a stand and prove how it's the same?

Yes they are the same if you dont understand what an analogy is. Is once not enough or do you need to see repeated rape as evidence rape hurts?

You don't seem to have any idea of what you're talking about.

Let me try to explain the situation:

Netflix, or a company like them, pays a large amount of money for bandwidth on their end, in order to "upload" their content to the internets. On this end (we can call it the "upload" end), companies like Netflix already pay depending on how much bandwidth they need. Net Neutrality has nothing to do with this.

As of now (under so-called "net neutrality") - it works the same way on the consumer end. You pay your ISP for bandwidth, and you're allowed to use your bandwidth to access whatever content you want - the ISP is not allowed to give preference to any content over another.

Without net neutrality, your ISP can choose to charge you more to access specific content - or choose to charge more to Netflix to give their content a higher priority. As you always like to point out, Netflix will then charge their customers more, so either way it's the consumer who has to pay more.

I'll be charged no matter what.

But what is being claimed will happen, constantly, has only happened once (that I could find). So we don't need fcc regulations, since we both know regulations lead to cost increases.

You do know that, right?

it's hilarious that "conservatives" like the "free market" approach, but fall completely silent while the government creates cartels in sectors, then complains about additional rules put in place to cover up for the fact that they made a competition free-zone out of it.

It's also hilarious that "liberals" want the very government who created the problem to do something about the problem. Then blame "the free market" for government meddling. I would much rather see you guys railing against the cartels that were created (and no, i dont want the industry nationalized) instead of focusing exclusively on the additonal rules that needed to cover over some of the market problems they created in teh first place.

It's a perplexing display, to be sure.

Yes they are the same if you dont understand what an analogy is. Is once not enough or do you need to see repeated rape as evidence rape hurts?

It's rare that I'm offended by a persons callous nature.

you are one sick low life degenerate.

If voter fraud happens once, is that not enough? Or do you need examples of how voter fraud hurts?

it's hilarious that "conservatives" like the "free market" approach, but fall completely silent while the government creates cartels in sectors, then complains about additional rules put in place to cover up for the fact that they made a competition free-zone out of it.

It's also hilarious that "liberals" want the very government who created the problem to do something about the problem. Then blame "the free market" for government meddling. I would much rather see you guys railing against the cartels that were created (and no, i dont want the industry nationalized) instead of focusing exclusively on the additonal rules that needed to cover over some of the market problems they created in teh first place.

It's a perplexing display, to be sure.

Perhaps it's because raging against things that already happened and can't be unmade is significantly less useful than raging at things that haven't already happened, and can be unmade?

I guess we should start here because some people have no idea what it means:

Net neutrality (also network neutrality or Internet neutrality) is the principle that Internet service providers and governments should treat all data on the Internet equally, not discriminating or charging differentially by user, content, site, platform, application, type of attached equipment, and modes of communication. The term was coined by Columbia media law professor Tim Wu.[1][2][3][4]
And go.
Did you ignore My post about private property and private propriety?

anyone that wants the FCC to regulate the internet is a complete and utter fool.

The willful ignorance of wanting such a thing just baffles the mind.

This childish shit started in the late 90's, and since then only comcast tried to screw the comp, once. they stopped when called out.

but yea, demand the fcc regulate b/c someone did something once.

So you don't understand Net Neutrality. Got it.

anyone that wants the FCC to regulate the internet is a complete and utter fool.
you do not understand what net neutrality is, do you?

its about leftist enforcing fairness on the internet, so big meanie companies don't make evul moneis.

It's about children demanding that their mommie make sure that no ones cookie is any bigger than theirs.

but actually, it's about the fcc controlling the internet so they can control what we do and do not have access to.

Holy shit, you literally have no understanding of the issue at all.

and for the terminally liberal that just can't learn

The cost of following these new regulations, and there will be costs, will get passed onto the consumer.

so please, go fuck yourself.

You're just embarrassing yourself at this point.

It's rare that I'm offended by a persons callous nature.

you are one sick low life degenerate.

Thanks!

now, once you remove the back of your hand from your forehead and finish catching the vapors have a mint julip and answer the question. Thanks again

The willful ignorance of wanting such a thing just baffles the mind.

This childish shit started in the late 90's, and since then only comcast tried to screw the comp, once. they stopped when called out.

but yea, demand the fcc regulate b/c someone did something once.

So you don't understand Net Neutrality. Got it.

actually did some study, and came to the logical conclusion you like the name and not what it actually does.

well, let me be honest

You're just a dumb lib that believes more government is better, and no amount of proof going back decades will make you act (not think, since you can't) otherwise.

Forum List

Back