🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

GOP Congress blocks bill on gun violence research

Republicans block research on gun violence, because knowledge might lead to action

A well funded NRA initiative to block needed research..The GOP is in the pocket of the NRA. How many more mass shootings will it take to convince voters?

So Frank, are your going to laugh if the next school shooting is at your grandchildren's school?

That's disgusting, nobody is laughing... it is you leftist vultures that seem to applaud gleefully when this shit happens as you see opportunities to make sure sane people are denied access to guns.

You people are beyond disgusting.

Oh, but Frank thought the first post in the thread was funny. He must think this whole situation is funny...

watching you people wring your hands over it, darn skippy it's funny.

Maybe the next victims will be your kids at school.....how would that feel skippy?

I have felt it moron. When you manage to get your foot out of your mouth perhaps you can share your experience with the same and explain why it turned you into a freakin moron.

Some "good human" you are...wishing death and grief on others who call you on your moronic views. You wanna shoot me too? Hell, I'll give you the gun!

Republicans block research on gun violence, because knowledge might lead to action

A well funded NRA initiative to block needed research..The GOP is in the pocket of the NRA. How many more mass shootings will it take to convince voters?

Yes, I've seen it reported on several news stations. President Obama also mentioned it in his address yesterday about the massacre in Oregon. NaziCons hate factual information that doesn't support their agenda.

Oh I forgot to mention, the last President I voted for was Obama (and I still kick myself for doing so, but McLame would have been worse). Any other goofy stereotypes you'd like to vomit in place of facts and reason there, toots?

Bottom line, the CDC is not the agency to be doing research into the root causes of gun violence. As I mentioned earlier, it's like calling a doctor to find out what is wrong with your tractor. Quit letting your partisan blinders keep you from using what little common sense you might have.

Yes, I've seen it reported on several news stations. President Obama also mentioned it in his address yesterday about the massacre in Oregon. NaziCons hate factual information that doesn't support their agenda.

Oh I forgot to mention, the last President I voted for was Obama (and I still kick myself for doing so, but McLame would have been worse). Any other goofy stereotypes you'd like to vomit in place of facts and reason there, toots?

Bottom line, the CDC is not the agency to be doing research into the root causes of gun violence. As I mentioned earlier, it's like calling a doctor to find out what is wrong with your tractor. Quit letting your partisan blinders keep you from using what little common sense you might have.

Ninety percent (90%) of Americans want Universal Background Checks - so why can't we get that done?

Ninety percent (90%) of Americans want Universal Background Checks - so why can't we get that done?

Have we determined that said checks would have prevented this from happening?

Guns don't get violent. i have a Russian battle rifle that I have no doubt it's killed people. It sits alongside my American rifles and has NEVER started a fight. So that saves the OP and tax payers money.

People on the other hand are worthy a study. Why are MOST of the mass shooters democrats? Except the last one in Oregon who WAS a muslim convert the others have ALL be democrats. Could being a democrat be a sign of mental illness? We need to look at that.

Because 90% of Americans don't want them, obviously. Just because you can't pry yourself from dated polls and this wacky notion that the NRA is some 800lb gorilla that forces our Congress to do their bidding doesn't make you right.

Private citizens have been able to buy, sell and trade their firearms without government permission or background checks for as long as this country has existed....indeed in the decades since the GCA 0f 1968 and all the wacky gun laws inbetween...including background checks...the problem has not been solved, according to ya'll it has gotten worse. Combine that with the FACT that neither the existing background checks nor the proposed "universal" checks would have stopped any of the recent mass shooters...or the majority of gun crime (latest shooting excepted, we don't have all the facts yet), what makes you think they will work any better than all the existing failed gun laws? Why are you so willing to trade our essential liberties for some false sense of temporary security?

Well, sparky, laws and regulations that govern vehicle use don't prevent all violations - but they sure as hell greatly reduce them.

Because 90% of Americans don't want them, obviously. Just because you can't pry yourself from dated polls and this wacky notion that the NRA is some 800lb gorilla that forces our Congress to do their bidding doesn't make you right.

Private citizens have been able to buy, sell and trade their firearms without government permission or background checks for as long as this country has existed....indeed in the decades since the GCA 0f 1968 and all the wacky gun laws inbetween...including background checks...the problem has not been solved, according to ya'll it has gotten worse. Combine that with the FACT that neither the existing background checks nor the proposed "universal" checks would have stopped any of the recent mass shooters...or the majority of gun crime (latest shooting excepted, we don't have all the facts yet), what makes you think they will work any better than all the existing failed gun laws? Why are you so willing to trade our essential liberties for some false sense of temporary security?

Are you a registered idiot or are you just freelancing? I left the NRA after radicals hijacked it in 1977.

Well, sparky, laws and regulations that govern vehicle use don't prevent all violations - but they sure as hell greatly reduce them.

Figures, you don't have an answer, you just want to be a fascist thug twat.

Prove it. Indeed, according to you and the rest of the gun control ninnies, the problem has only gotten worse DESPITE of all the laws passed in the last 60 years. Yet you think doing the same thing over and over again is going to get you better results this time? That's crazy, lassie.

Prove your contention that gun crime has been greatly reduced by the current gun laws, citing the specific laws that accomplished the feat, then explain why contradict yourself by claiming the problem is only getting worse, thus we need more laws.

I won't be holding my breath because you are WAY out in wacky land here.

Figures, you don't have an answer, you just want to be a fascist thug twat.

Are you suggesting that laws and regulations don't make our lives better and safer?

At first I was skeptical of this article, but once I realized it came from such a balanced source as the Daily KOS, I had nothing but the greatest respect for their opinion. LOL.
The Daily Koos is highly reliable. ..

No single law is going to prevent all gun violence. But the discussion has to take place. The NRA controlled GOP wants nothing to do with a rational duscussion. Their response is:

"THEY WANT TO TAKE OUR GUNS!"

Are you a registered idiot or are you just freelancing? I left the NRA after radicals hijacked it in 1977.
good , glad that you are gone Lakhota !!

States wh good gun laws are sabataged by the free willy laws in gun nut states .

Guns are not born illegal . They just end up being illegal . That's where gun control should focus .

Forum List

Back