GOP exposing U.S. as weak emboldens Putin

playing politics is not the same as reasonable criticism.

You butt bites hate anything Obama does in knee jerk fashion.

You are partisan idiots who don't care about this country or its people

YOU only care about your idiot party

The republicans are telling the whole world that the United states is weak. It is totally anti-American and treasonous. It's worse than Snowden's revelations. Playing politics with America's reputation, shows that the right wingers will do anything to make Obama look bad. If the voters of this country don't vote the republicans out of congress this year, they are as dumb as the GOP hopes they are.
A weak President does not equate to a weak America.

Nice fail btw.

Trying to convince the world that the president is weak doesn't make it so, it only shows how low cons will go.

Nice double down on your treason.
It has already been proven how weak Obama is. Just look at his failures.

I have to question your understanding of the word treason....or any word in the English language to be honest.

One of the rare occasions I agree with you.

Morning Bits

Vladimir Putin’s most recent display of contempt for the United States has been a long time in the making. “Five years ago, in February 2009, Vice President Biden announced a ‘reset’ in relations with Russia. A few weeks later, on March 6, Secretary of State Clinton presented to her Russian counterpart a button marked ‘reset.’ When the Senate was considering President Obama’s arms control capitulation to Russia in the form of New START, Secretary Clinton promised that ratifying the treaty ‘would also continue our progress toward broader U.S.-Russian cooperation.’”

The exhibition of disdain keeps rolling along. “Russia on Wednesday turned down Secretary of State John Kerry’s invitation to an emergency meeting on Ukraine, further adding to the growing tensions between Moscow and Washington.”

The sight of the president dawdling is to much for the speaker. He suggests: “As we speak, the administration is sitting on 24 applications for natural gas exports; it’s approved just six in the last three years. This amounts to a de facto ban that only emboldens Vladimir Putin, allowing him to sell large quantities of natural gas to our allies. The American people have seen the threat Mr. Putin puts forward. They know something must be done. The president should do the right thing here and end this de facto ban so we can strengthen our economy here and our security here and abroad.”

The republicans are telling the whole world that the United states is weak. It is totally anti-American and treasonous. It's worse than Snowden's revelations. Playing politics with America's reputation, shows that the right wingers will do anything to make Obama look bad. If the voters of this country don't vote the republicans out of congress this year, they are as dumb as the GOP hopes they are.

Ah yes - the dissent of government is treason argument. Could you get more authoritarian?

We must all be silent because criticism of our nation or its leader is TREASON. Where else have I heard that asshattery before, hmmm....

Oh yes, that's right - all during the Bush administration, the president that your side likes to claim is the worst one in history, that line was used a lot for dissenters to Iraq.

So, how does it feel to be IDENTICAL to those that you claim are terrible for this nation and ruining the government? Pathetic that you cant even see yourself in the damn mirror.

How about I let you in on a little secret: this nation was built on dissent and it is central to our government and freedoms. The right is codified in the very first amendment, the right to speak so take your authoritarian BS somewhere else.

Dissent of Shrub's invasion of Iraq would have been justifiable, but portraying a president as weak because he doesn't do something stupid that could start a nuclear war, is just moronic.

Exposing your stupidity only proves the point of the thread.

Where do Republicans draw their line? Is there anything in the world more than party and self-interest? I challenge Republicans to name one single item where they have acted for the greater good of the country.

Isn't my party made up of our people living in our country?

The Marietta Daily Journal - Obama not just in denial on Russia but stuck in the past

In 1983, then-Columbia University student Obama penned a lengthy article for the school magazine placing the blame for U.S.-Soviet tensions largely on America’s “war mentality” and the “twisted logic” of the Cold War. President Reagan’s defense buildup, according to Obama, contributed to the “silent spread of militarism” and reflected our “distorted national priorities” rather than what should be our goal: a “nuclear free world.”

Of course, it’s unfair to put too much weight on anyone’s youthful writings. Except there’s precious little evidence his views have changed over the years.

In his first term, President Obama’s biggest priority with Russia was to get the two countries on the path to that “nuclear free world.” One of his — and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s — first actions in office was to betray our commitments to Poland and the Czech Republic on missile defense.

Indeed, across a wide range of areas, it has been Obama who has been, in the words of The Washington Post’s Jackson Diehl, in a 1980s-soaked “foreign policy time warp.”

Two weeks ago, in response to tensions in Ukraine, the president explained that “our approach ... is not to see (events in Ukraine) as some Cold War chessboard in which we’re in competition with Russia.”

Read more: The Marietta Daily Journal - Obama not just in denial on Russia but stuck in the past

We did not have a weak reaction, so it only comes from Obama hatred.

It's amazing how many internet posters are in the war room with Obama and the Generals/Intelligence/Advisors working our response out though and are privy to all of this.

I believe our "Russia Reset" was a weak position. Yes, the words themselves are noble if, in fact, it is a reset with a government that truly wanted a reset.

But to believe that Putin wanted a reset is a poor assumption and exudes weakness to a man like Putin.

To dismantle the shield to show "good faith" was a move a weakness in my opinion for there was nothing we did to warrant having to show "good faith" to Russia. The shield was there as a defense...not an offense. What did we get in return showing good faith from Russia?

For Kerry to go and try to "negotiate" is a sign of weakness. There is nothing to negotiate. Ukraine did nothing to warrant an occupation by Russia. Kerry should have made it clear...we will not do anything until Russia pulls out and if they don't, we will begin with sanctions and other non military actions.

And then he can continue by saying "We will gladly sit down and discuss how Russia can help Ukraine during this tumultuous time within its government....but we will not do anything until Russia pulls out.

So for you to say we are not responding with weakness is your opinion....but to claim my opposing opinion is based on my hatred for Obama is inaccurate.

I believe ON THE FACE, we are responding with weakness. Perhaps the situation room has more "strong" ideas brewing....but on the face? What we see? I see it as a weak position.

President Putin is smart enough to figure out what a fool obama is without us telling him. He knew it from day one when Obama canceled missile defense for eastern Europe.

then why did he invade and then LIE about it when his stock market crashed ?

obama is a weak-kneed, faggot, scumbag.

No wonder you love him

Another proud traitor con proving the thread. Please continue.

But, of course, you wont respond to my question about Harry Reid. He is not a traitor when he, as Senate Majority Leader, announced to the world that the Iraq war was lost...while our men and women were still in harms way?

your like the stupidest person on the planet.

Your backing a KGB dictator with glee

We did not have a weak reaction, so it only comes from Obama hatred.

It's amazing how many internet posters are in the war room with Obama and the Generals/Intelligence/Advisors working our response out though and are privy to all of this.

I believe our "Russia Reset" was a weak position. Yes, the words themselves are noble if, in fact, it is a reset with a government that truly wanted a reset.

But to believe that Putin wanted a reset is a poor assumption and exudes weakness to a man like Putin.

To dismantle the shield to show "good faith" was a move a weakness in my opinion for there was nothing we did to warrant having to show "good faith" to Russia. The shield was there as a defense...not an offense. What did we get in return showing good faith from Russia?

For Kerry to go and try to "negotiate" is a sign of weakness. There is nothing to negotiate. Ukraine did nothing to warrant an occupation by Russia. Kerry should have made it clear...we will not do anything until Russia pulls out and if they don't, we will begin with sanctions and other non military actions.

And then he can continue by saying "We will gladly sit down and discuss how Russia can help Ukraine during this tumultuous time within its government....but we will not do anything until Russia pulls out.

So for you to say we are not responding with weakness is your opinion....but to claim my opposing opinion is based on my hatred for Obama is inaccurate.

I believe ON THE FACE, we are responding with weakness. Perhaps the situation room has more "strong" ideas brewing....but on the face? What we see? I see it as a weak position.

What "you believe" isn't pertinent to the professionals who spend their lives on the ground working on these diplomatic matters.

They're them, we're us.

On the face how we're responding is weak? You mean threatening Russia to leave or we take the whole EU at our backs and pounce on them financially? Yea bro, weak as fuck bro.

I mean, instead threaten world war right? Brilliant!

Our reset was brilliant. Russia went from dragging its feet on Iran sanctions to supporting them.

Magic?

No. Intelligence, beyond partisan spiddling eyeballs can see that's for damn sure.

Putin will always be an unpredictable megalomaniac. That doesn't mean that keeping War threats as a last resort is "weak," that's how perhaps a caveman thinks.

Forum List

Back