GOP House Majority Whip Steve Scalise Spoke At White Supremacist Conference

So what? You think the BCC isn't racist? You think la raza isn't? Freedom of speech and not only that these people also have rights in our country.

I agree. There is no law against being racist.
Enjoy all you want.

And you think Obama and his people aren't? Both sides should get equal chance.

I said I agree. In America people ( ALL PEOPLE) have the right to be racist if that is what they choose.

"According to one user who attended the conference, Scalise -- then a state representative -- spoke to the organization at a workshop "to teach the most effective and up-to-date methods of civil rights and heritage related activism."

Will be interesting to see how well tolerated this is within the GOP.
Did Scalise personally know that was the purpose of the workshop?

Yes, I believe he did.

The desire to believe is a powerful one. It leads many people to self-delusion. We see that here on the forum every day. We see people believe all kinds of shit even in the face of facts to the contrary.

Do you KNOW that he knew it was the purpose of the workshop, or do you just wish to BELIEVE it?

Do you KNOW that O.J. killed his ex-wife?
At some point the evidence reaches a point where a reasonable person makes a decision.

I have no desire to believe anything about this guy. Reasonable people weigh the evidence and make decisions everyday. In this case, the evidence is very clear. Some folks really WANT to defend him - and that's OK. They have their reasons for that I suppose.

In this case the only evidence you have is that Scalise arrived and spoke about taxation. Find some actual evidence he is a racist, and you might be onto something. Hell, I'll personally apologize fro riding your ass on this.

"According to one user who attended the conference, Scalise -- then a state representative -- spoke to the organization at a workshop "to teach the most effective and up-to-date methods of civil rights and heritage related activism."

Yes, I believe he did.

The desire to believe is a powerful one. It leads many people to self-delusion. We see that here on the forum every day. We see people believe all kinds of shit even in the face of facts to the contrary.

Do you KNOW that he knew it was the purpose of the workshop, or do you just wish to BELIEVE it?

At some point the evidence reaches a point where a reasonable person makes a decision.

I have no desire to believe anything about this guy. Reasonable people weigh the evidence and make decisions everyday. In this case, the evidence is very clear. Some folks really WANT to defend him - and that's OK. They have their reasons for that I suppose.

In this case the only evidence you have is that Scalise arrived and spoke about taxation. Find some actual evidence he is a racist, and you might be onto something. Hell, I'll personally apologize fro riding your ass on this.

If you choose to ignore the information provided, that is your choice.
The fact that you are forced to - and feel compelled to - is telling enough.

Yes, I believe he did.

Remind me what the evidence is that he is a racist.

It's posted in this thread. Not going to re-post my posts every time a newby drops in. It's there for you to read if you are interested.

Yes, I believe he did.

If you choose to ignore the information provided, that is your choice.
The fact that you are forced to - and feel compelled to - is telling enough.

Forced to what? Not throw out accusations I can not back up? Yeah, i gotta agree with you there.

Yes, I believe he did.

That Scalise showed up at the hotel that day and spoke about taxation = racist

Yes, I believe he did.

Imagine if he had spoken about welfare reform!

As usual NoBrainInThePan blathers on about stuff in his usual stupid way. It's a good thing he's generlly so inoffensive otherwie I'd iggy him.

Yes, I believe he did.

Even though you know an eyewitness says he talked about something other than taxation?
(You did finally get around to reading that original post didn't you?)

Very dishonest.
And why would you feel so strongly about being dishonest? I wonder.

Yes, I believe he did.

Even though you know an eyewitness says he talked about something other than taxation?

Very dishonest.

Your comprehension is poor. that's not what your quote says. It's referring to the meeting, not Scalise speech.

Very dishonest.

Your comprehension is poor. that's not what your quote says. It's referring to the meeting, not Scalise speech.
Yeah well. You can't believe one eye witness anyway. Right?
NoBrain will piously declare he'll withold judgment on whether the officer was correct in the Brown shooting, despite evidence showing he was, but blast a GOP politician as racist with no evidence at all.

Yes, I believe he did.

For OJ, a significant amount of evidence was presented. For Scalise, there has not been a single shred of evidence presented that he knew it was a white supremacist conference.

You simply wish to believe he did. Nothing more.

Guilt by association huh?
OK then, Obama is a terrorist since he once met Bill Ayers. Obama is a racist because he sat in a racist church.
You libs must agree right?

That is how the workshop billed itself. This is not how Scalise advertised his speech. You are conflating the conference advertising with Scalise's campaign advertising.

You have no evidence Scalise knew the workshop was being advertised as a white supremacist conference.

The fact that you choose to ignore - or pretend you are ignorant of the - eyewitness account that shows he did not talk about taxation, is very telling.

That is how the workshop billed itself. This is not how Scalise advertised his speech. You are conflating the conference advertising with Scalise's campaign advertising.

You have no evidence Scalise knew the workshop was being advertised as a white supremacist conference.

I am quoting the eyewitness who says what the guy talked about.

How many people ever heard of EURO before they heard of this incident? Raise your hand.

Before today, if you heard a politician gave a speech to the European-American Unity and Rights Organization, you would have been, "So what?"

It is not until you are informed it is a white supremacist organization that your eyebrows go up.

None of you have any proof Scalise was informed that EURO was a white supremacist group before he gave his tax speech. It does not matter that all the EURO guys knew they were all there to trash darkies as much as did Scalise know that.

Forum List

Back