GOP House Majority Whip Steve Scalise Spoke At White Supremacist Conference

"According to one user who attended the conference, Scalise -- then a state representative -- spoke to the organization at a workshop "to teach the most effective and up-to-date methods of civil rights and heritage related activism."

That is how the workshop billed itself. This is not how Scalise advertised his speech. You are conflating the conference advertising with Scalise's campaign advertising.

You have no evidence Scalise knew the workshop was being advertised as a white supremacist conference.

I am quoting the eyewitness who says what the guy talked about.
No, you're quoting the billing for the event. Click on the hyperlink 'workshop' in your quote and read away. Again, you have piss poor comprehension.

What amuses me is that pols of both stripes routinely use the defense "but oh my I never knew the group stood for this" or "well, I certainly never heard a divisive word from them." Doesn't it seem that it'd be more worrisome that the pols were actually ignorant than it would be that they pandered to bigots? I mean we all know they're pandering, but their excuses would be actually worse than the pandering. lol

"According to one user who attended the conference, Scalise -- then a state representative -- spoke to the organization at a workshop "to teach the most effective and up-to-date methods of civil rights and heritage related activism."

That is how the workshop billed itself. This is not how Scalise advertised his speech. You are conflating the conference advertising with Scalise's campaign advertising.

You have no evidence Scalise knew the workshop was being advertised as a white supremacist conference.

Holy smokes. Will you PLEASE read your own link?

The event will be an all-day training workshop designed to teach the most effective and up-to-date methods of civil rights and heritage related activism. Presentations by EURO National Director Vincent Breeding, EURO Virginia State President Ron Doggett and other excellent activists, will show you exactly how to become an effective civil rights activist in your community using simple, easy-to-follow steps. This workshop will also be an opportunity to meet other activists from around the country and forge new friendships and working relationships.

That is the description for the workshop, not for Scalise's speech.

Do you finally get that yet?

You have no evidence Scalise saw that description of the "workshop".

No, you're quoting the billing for the event. Click on the hyperlink 'workshop' in your quote and read away. Again, you have piss poor comprehension.
Probably because he's stupid.
There's no evidence Scalise even knew what the conference represented much less that he's a racist.

Nope - I quoted the eyewitness. You STILL having trouble with that original post? You know, the one you apparently had no clue about 20 minutes ago?

Believe whatever you need to - it doesn't make a bit of difference to me.

Heading out - have a great evening all and thanks for the debate.

Nope - I quoted the eyewitness. You STILL having trouble with that original post? You know, the one you apparently had no clue about 20 minutes ago?

Believe whatever you need to - it doesn't make a bit of difference to me.

Heading out - have a great evening all and thanks for the debate.
TRanslation: I dont give a shit about facts.

A politician goes where his staff direct him to go. A politician speaks to dozens of groups every month, and it is impossible for him to know the nature of every one of them. He relies heavily on his staff not to walk him into a fricking minefield.

We have no evidence Scalise had ever heard of EURO, or their purposes, or the purpose of the "workshop", when he gave his tax speech.

Everyone at that carnival act knew who and what David Duke was. Playing ignorance is just punk ass bitch behavior. Going to an event by a group founded by David Duke was a lame ass play for support from the people who follow the beliefs of David Duke. It means either believing in the program or a willingness to kiss the asses of those who do.

Nope - I quoted the eyewitness. You STILL having trouble with that original post?

All you have is a guy who says he saw Scalise give a speech at the workshop. Then you have a description of the workshop.

So all you can prove is that Scalise was there. You cannot prove any linkage that he knew the purpose of the workshop.

Wow. You are being uncharacteristically dense today.

House Majority Whip Steve Scalise Spoke At White Supremacist Conference In 2002

Louisiana political blogger Lamar White Jr.dug up a number of posts on Stormfront, one of the original white supremacist websites, that place Scalise at the 2002 EURO gathering. According to one user who attended the conference, Scalise -- then a state representative -- spoke to the organization at a workshop "to teach the most effective and up-to-date methods of civil rights and heritage related activism."

WORKSHOP HYPERLINK. IN ABOVE QUOTE:
May 17-18 EURO National International Workshop on White Civil Rights new date - Stormfront

The Landmark/Best Western is offering rooms for $89.00, if you tell them that you are with the European-American Unity and Rights Organization (EURO). You can call the hotel at 504-888-9500 to make reservations for your hotel room (conference reservations must be made through EURO). The hotel offers free shuttle service from the New Orleans International Airport. If you are driving, parking is also free. The address for the Landmark/Best Western is 2601 Severn Ave, Metairie, LA.

The event will be an all-day training workshop designed to teach the most effective and up-to-date methods of civil rights and heritage related activism.

Will be interesting to see how well tolerated this is within the GOP.
Did Scalise personally know that was the purpose of the workshop?
He had to know who David Duke was and what Duke stood for.

Everyone at that carnival act knew who and what David Duke was.

There is no evidence Scalise knew it was a David Duke event. Duke wasn't even there.
Well that makes him and the people around him incompetent. That is the guy who Republicans want to give a leadership position to. He can't handle going to a conference or minor campaign event and you want him to help run the Congress of the United States.

Will be interesting to see how well tolerated this is within the GOP.
Did Scalise personally know that was the purpose of the workshop?
He had to know who David Duke was and what Duke stood for.

So it should be easy for you to come up with something other than one occurrence that happened 12 years ago where the congressman talked about taxation.

Surely you can provide more proof of the congressman's nefarious racist activities, yeah?

Everyone at that carnival act knew who and what David Duke was.

There is no evidence Scalise knew it was a David Duke event. Duke wasn't even there.
Well that makes him and the people around him incompetent. That is the guy who Republicans want to give a leadership position to. He can't handle going to a conference or minor campaign event and you want him to help run the Congress of the United States.

Because he spoke about taxation to constituents 12 years ago in a hotel, he's incompetent?

:lmao:

Modern day liberals are so fucking predictable.

Logical fallacies, failures in comprehension, smear tactics, the race card...it never ends with these baboons.

Why should he? Democrats meet with LaRaza all the time. The NAACP. So who gets to PICK and choose? you all didn't mind, Sharpton meeting the Black Panthers or them protecting voting stations. the Rev. Wright and our chickens have come to roost.

John Boehner Backs Steve Scalise Amid Controversy Over White Supremacist Meeting

WASHINGTON -- House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) is throwing a lifesaver to House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R) as the Louisiana congressman faces a deluge of criticism and questions over a 2002 speech he gave to a white supremacist group.

More: John Boehner Backs Steve Scalise Amid Controversy Over White Supremacist Meeting

I can hear Tammy Wynette singing "Stand By Your Man" in the background.

yup, a white supremacy conference.

So let's see how Republicans feel about racism.
Did you know the Democrats started the KKK and passed Jim Crowe laws? Proof that democrats are the racists. Ever hear of Robert Byrd Senator and KKK Grand Wizzard? Democrat from West Virginia.

Last edited:
r-SCALISE-huge.jpg

Twelve years before he was elected by his colleagues as House majority whip, Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.) spoke at a conference hosted by the white supremacist group European-American Unity and Rights Organization.

Louisiana political blogger Lamar White Jr. dug up a number of posts on Stormfront, one of the original white supremacist websites, that place Scalise at the 2002 EURO gathering. According to one user who attended the conference, Scalise -- then a state representative -- spoke to the organization at a workshop "to teach the most effective and up-to-date methods of civil rights and heritage related activism."

Two years after speaking at the conference, Scalise was one of just six state representatives who voted to oppose making Martin Luther King Jr. Day a state holiday in Louisiana. That was at least the second time Scalise had voted against an MLK holiday. He was one of three lawmakers to vote against it in 1999, too.

Founded in 2000 by former Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard David Duke (who served as a Louisiana state representative from 1989 to 1992), EURO seeks to fight for "white civil rights." The group is recognized as a white nationalist hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

More: House Majority Whip Steve Scalise Spoke At White Supremacist Conference In 2002

Well, shucks, this won't look good on his resume - except in red states.

His excuse is basically that he's too stupid to know who he's talking too and too lazy to find out.

However david duke says differently.

Former KKK leader: Rep. Scalise knew who we were

Forum List

Back