GOP House Majority Whip Steve Scalise Spoke At White Supremacist Conference

I consistently hear a lot of Republicans here say they do not harbor racists and that it is the Democratic Party that harbors racists.

So what say you about THIS Republican racist? Gonna defend him? Gonna call him out on it?

This should be interesting.

The guy was stupid to be any part of an event with Duke.

Now when are you guys going to call Obama out for having Al Sharpton as a close adviser ?

Sharpton is House minority what?

You chalk it up to whatever you have to in order to defend a racist. I understand that it may require some mental gymnastics for you - just do whatever you gotta do.

I consistently hear a lot of Republicans here say they do not harbor racists and that it is the Democratic Party that harbors racists.

So what say you about THIS Republican racist? Gonna defend him? Gonna call him out on it?

Now when are you guys going to call Obama out for having Al Sharpton as a close adviser ?

Deflection. "hey don't look at this racist, look at ANOTHER racist instead."

Not the best defense I've ever heard, but painfully common.

not in the house, but he is Obama's racial harmony consultant.

Deflection. "hey don't look at this racist, look at ANOTHER racist instead."

Not the best defense I've ever heard, but painfully common.

You still haven't put forth one bit of evidence to claim that Scalise is a racist. Not one. I'm embarrassed for you at this point.

No one in the msm or anywhere else would have a problem if a member of congress were to meet with LaRaza, the Black Panthers, Al Sharpton, Louis Farrakhan, the virulently anti-white MECHA or any number of other ethnic advocacy groups. No doubt members of congress already openly meet with a number of these groups and individuals.

We are citizens and taxpayers. If other ethnicities are free to have groups that advocate for their interests, why should white people also not have organizations willing to work on our behalf?

" He gives a speech about cutting taxes and stopping illegal immigrants from coming across the border."

But that wasn't the topic of his talk that was reported. Not only are you making an assumption about what he talked about - but you are making one that contradicts the evidence as presented.
This is funny. You didn't challenge the part about the Nazis throwing Jews on the barbee.

That should have clued you in this was an allegory, dude.

No one in the msm or anywhere else would have a problem if a member of congress were to meet with LaRaza, the Black Panthers, Al Sharpton, Louis Farrakhan, the virulently anti-white MECHA or any number of other ethnic advocacy groups. No doubt members of congress already openly meet with a number of these groups and individuals.

We are citizens and taxpayers. If other ethnicities are free to have groups that advocate for their interests, why should white people also not have organizations willing to work on our behalf?

Using a tu quoque fallacy to defend Scalise is not useful.

That is the Two Wrongs Make A Right Wing Nazi defense.

" He gives a speech about cutting taxes and stopping illegal immigrants from coming across the border."

But that wasn't the topic of his talk that was reported. Not only are you making an assumption about what he talked about - but you are making one that contradicts the evidence as presented.
This is funny. You didn't challenge the part about the Nazis throwing Jews on the barbee.

That's because nodog is hellbent on convicting the man of racism without a shred of evidence.

Yeah, that part was funny - but no, I didn't realize the WHOLE POST was.

Given the fact that in my experience it is very rare for a politician to speak to a group without knowing ANYTHING about the group and given the topic of his talk that I sourced, defending the guy requires going way beyond the benefit of the doubt.

I guess we'll see.

You chalk it up to whatever you have to in order to defend a racist. I understand that it may require some mental gymnastics for you - just do whatever you gotta do.

I dont need to do anything. Both the huffingpost and Fox news told the story - he was there discussing tax policy. You simply refuse to backdown now that you're neck deep in a conclusion you've concocted in your mind.

HE's not a racist, however much you want to throw your ignorant prejudice at it.

He might be. We don't know. Nodog on the other hand is absolutely certain of it. Without any evidence to support the position, of course.

"According to one user who attended the conference, Scalise -- then a state representative -- spoke to the organization at a workshop "to teach the most effective and up-to-date methods of civil rights and heritage related activism."

Will be interesting to see how well tolerated this is within the GOP.

Is that some sort of crime now?

Your obtuseness is getting really tired.

Being a neo-Nazi white supremacist is not a crime, but it can determine whether or not someone deserves my vote to represent me, and therefore is very important for me to know that about the politician.

Duh.

"According to one user who attended the conference, Scalise -- then a state representative -- spoke to the organization at a workshop "to teach the most effective and up-to-date methods of civil rights and heritage related activism."

Will be interesting to see how well tolerated this is within the GOP.
Did Scalise personally know that was the purpose of the workshop?

Forum List

Back