GOP jobs agenda

Sorry Bubba, Forgot you NEVER accept reality

Madison himself:

I would propose next that in addition to the present federal powers, the national Government should be armed with positive and compleat authority in all cases which require uniformity; such as the regulation of trade, including the right of taxing both exports & imports, the fixing the terms and forms of naturalization, &c &c.

Over and above this positive power, a negative in all cases whatsoever on the legislative acts of the States, as heretofore exercised by the Kingly prerogative, appears to me to be absolutely necessary, and to be the least possible encroachment on the State jurisdictions. Without this defensive power, every positive power that can be given on paper will be evaded & defeated.

The States will continue to invade the national jurisdiction, to violate treaties and the law of nations & to harrass each other with rival and spiteful measures dictated by mistaken views of interest. Another happy effect of this prerogative would be its controul on the internal vicisitudes of State policy; and the aggressions of interested majorities on the rights of minorities and of individuals

Federal v. Consolidated Government James Madison to George Washington

Thanks for making my case.

Gawd, you're insane Bubba. I thought EddieB was bad
you have a lot of patience to not have "that one" on ignore. He's an ideologue through & through, facts be damned :tinfoil: Needless to say, he didn't progress very far in school no doubt.

As to the OP, the GOP works for a small group of people and NO, it isn't the middle-class.

You know what, Dottie? I've been hearing this same refrain from you Progressives for the better part of a decade now...how you are the champions of the Middle Class and how the GOP only cares about the wealthy...yet under two terms of an Administration that is dominated by progressives the Middle Class has taken a beating and the wealthy have gotten wealthier. So why is that? Are you guys just totally clueless when it comes to "doing" rather than talking...is it all nothing more than political posturing...or a combination of the two?

To be quite blunt...with you guys "working" for the Middle Class...there won't BE a Middle Class much longer!
The middle class is still suffering from the policies the GOP put in place when they held both houses and the presidency. After the 2000 recession when Republicans swept into office, they did nothing to help anyone but the rich. You know that. Everything the GOP did during the Bush years only helped the rich. And then at the end of Bush's 8 years it all fell apart.
And then Republicans attempted to block anything that would help the economy. The GOP hoped that if they obstructed and fucked everything up, people wouldn't vote and the crazies would elect the GOP into office. And they did. Republicans hope to finish the job they started under Bush. The Republicans have become a terrorist organization. I suspect that the middle class will eventually get their nose out of Kim Kardashian's butt and wake up. It will become a matter of survival as a nation. The GOP must be defeated.

Took a big step backwards....eh, dorkles.

To bad. If there was another house in congress....we'd take that from you too.

:alirulz::alirulz:

"I think the president is missing the bigger point here," he said. "You can't have a strong economy if you're raising taxes on the very people you expect to invest in our economy to begin hiring people again." - Boehner

Wow. How monumentally wrong he turned out to be. :eek:

Wow is right, Faun...you've watched Barack Obama preside over the slowest recovery from a recession since the Great Depression...a so called "jobless recovery" because it created so few jobs...and yet you think Barry has a clue about economics or job creation? WOW!!!
I know Obama did a better job than Romney would have done.

Yeah because as we all know...Barry has a long history of success when it comes to turning around troubled organizations and working across the aisle to get the job done! Oh wait...that was Mitt Romney! Barack Obama has a long history of...help me here, Faun...I can't think of anything dealing with economics or jobs that Barry has a history of success with.
And still better than had Romney won.[/QUOTE
We've had six years of "amateur hour" as Barack Obama and his little cadre of Progressives tried to deal with the economy, Faun. It would have been amusing to watch if it wasn't for the millions of Americans who have been hurt by their adherence to political dogma instead of practical solutions.

Mitt Romney is the vanilla, boring, workaholic guy who always gets the job done. He's basically the polar opposite of Barry...which is why he's exactly what the country needed.
Unemployment would still be over 6% had Romney been elected.

Oh you mean the GOP House and GOP Senate report? Yeah, EVERYTHING coming from the GOP should be believed, lol

Again, from your source? Do you waffle this much on everything?

I have always realized that your inability to think for yourself is why you copy and paste, yet you fail to read the full opinion given in these postings you copy, it's sad. It also clarifies how limited your understanding is. Most people would stop making an ass out of themselves after one or two times, but your continued addiction to being a mouthpiece for the dumbest members of our society appears to be never ending...

BTW the JEC is a Bi-Partisan Committee...

Gosh you mean the source from a GOP Congress? BIPARTISAN? LOL

How's this from the same link

The CBO Historical Tables indicate that federal spending during Reagan's two terms (FY 1981–88) averaged 22.4% GDP, well above the 20.6% GDP average from 1971 to 2009.

HMM AND THE ECONOMY BOOMED WHEN REAGAN WENT ON A SPENDING SPREE? LOL

"during the Reagan years privately held federal debt increased from 22% to 38% of GDP, despite a long peacetime expansion. Second, the savings and loan problem led to an additional debt of about $125 billion"

"BTW the JEC is a Bi-Partisan Committee..."
"1996 report of the Joint Economic Committee of the United States Congress"

Sure it is Bubba

Joint Economic Committee | Republicans
report.gif

April 1996

The Reagan Tax Cuts: Lessons for Tax Reform

Incidentally, the claim that unrealistic supply side Reagan Administration revenue projections caused large budget deficits during the 1980s is false. Nonetheless, this false allegation is often used against current tax reform proposals. The official Reagan revenue projections immediately following enactment of ERTA did not assume huge revenue increases, and were actually quite close to the CBO revenue projections. Even the Democrat-controlled CBO (LIKE A BI-PARTSAN REPORT WOULD CALL THE NON-PARTISAN CBO THAT, OR LEAVE OUT THE DEMOCRATIC PART, LOL)projected that deficits would fall after the enactment of the Reagan tax cuts. The real problem was a recession that neither CBO nor OMB could foresee. Even so, individual income tax revenues rose from $244 billion in 1980 to $446 billion in 1989. (YES, BECAUSE A BI-PARTSIAN REPORT WOULD USE UNADJUSTED NUMBERS, EITHER FOR INFLATION OR POPULATION GROWTH, LOL)

Conclusion

The Reagan tax cuts, like similar measures enacted in the 1920s and 1960s, showed that reducing excessive tax rates stimulates growth, reduces tax avoidance, and can increase the amount and share of tax payments generated by the rich.

...Christopher Frenze
Chief Economist to the Vice-Chairman (A FUKKING GOP COMMITTEE!!!!!!)

LOL

THE LETTERHEAD IS FROM HERE

The Reagan Tax Cuts Lessons for Tax Reform

THE 'OFFICIAL, GOP REPORT HERE BUBBA!

http://www.jec.senate.gov/republica...&File_id=9576a929-37b4-497c-9b06-4bf3481f9f0a

LOL

Gawd, you're insane Bubba. I thought EddieB was bad
you have a lot of patience to not have "that one" on ignore. He's an ideologue through & through, facts be damned :tinfoil: Needless to say, he didn't progress very far in school no doubt.

As to the OP, the GOP works for a small group of people and NO, it isn't the middle-class.

You know what, Dottie? I've been hearing this same refrain from you Progressives for the better part of a decade now...how you are the champions of the Middle Class and how the GOP only cares about the wealthy...yet under two terms of an Administration that is dominated by progressives the Middle Class has taken a beating and the wealthy have gotten wealthier. So why is that? Are you guys just totally clueless when it comes to "doing" rather than talking...is it all nothing more than political posturing...or a combination of the two?

To be quite blunt...with you guys "working" for the Middle Class...there won't BE a Middle Class much longer!
you can't see the forest for the trees dummy. :talktothehand: How quickly rw drones forget the GObP holding this great nation hostage to maintain tax-cuts for the wealthy
shakehead.gif

People, such as yourself, either don't keep up w/ current events or you lie. which is it Oldstyle ? Either way, it doesn't look good for you hack boi :laugh:

Obama GOP Holding Middle Class Tax Cuts Hostage - CBS News

GAWD but you're a tool and a transparent one at that :thup:
"I think the president is missing the bigger point here," he said. "You can't have a strong economy if you're raising taxes on the very people you expect to invest in our economy to begin hiring people again." - Boehner

Wow is right, Faun...you've watched Barack Obama preside over the slowest recovery from a recession since the Great Depression...a so called "jobless recovery" because it created so few jobs...and yet you think Barry has a clue about economics or job creation? WOW!!!

GOP: Why'd you take so long to get our car out of the ditch?

I still can't believe I got Dad to admit that Barack Obama had no hand at all in creating all of the high paying jobs we now have in the natural gas and shale oil production industries. I'm curious as to how he's going to walk that admission back once he realizes that has been a major driver of what little recovery we have had and he's precluded Barry from getting any credit.

IF you think 61,500 jobs created since 2008, is a major driver wing nutter

Yeah because as we all know...Barry has a long history of success when it comes to turning around troubled organizations and working across the aisle to get the job done! Oh wait...that was Mitt Romney! Barack Obama has a long history of...help me here, Faun...I can't think of anything dealing with economics or jobs that Barry has a history of success with.
We've had six years of "amateur hour" as Barack Obama and his little cadre of Progressives tried to deal with the economy, Faun. It would have been amusing to watch if it wasn't for the millions of Americans who have been hurt by their adherence to political dogma instead of practical solutions.

Mitt Romney is the vanilla, boring, workaholic guy who always gets the job done. He's basically the polar opposite of Barry...which is why he's exactly what the country needed.

And you base that on what?

I would argue that if Barack Obama hadn't pushed for ObamaCare and Cap & Trade as the first two big initiatives of his administration that unemployment would never have gone as high as it did and would have rebounded far earlier than it has. I say that because both initiatives created massive amounts of uncertainty in the Private Sector and uncertainty is death to investment.

you can't see the forest for the trees dummy. :talktothehand: How quickly rw drones forget the GObP holding this great nation hostage to maintain tax-cuts for the wealthy
shakehead.gif

People, such as yourself, either don't keep up w/ current events or you lie. which is it Oldstyle ? Either way, it doesn't look good for you hack boi :laugh:

I know exactly why Barack Obama hasn't been able to get "our car" out of the ditch, Dad...he never learned to drive yet you idiots gave him the keys!

You mean they are part of the bottom half of US with less than $15,000 per FAMILY AVERAGE INCOMES? The very poor the GOP has created as they allowed the shifting of nearly $5,000 PER FAMILY away from the bottom half of US from what they had in 1980?

Summary of Latest Federal Individual Income Tax Data Tax Foundation

Out of 137,982,203 Tax Returns filed in 2009, 10.4 Million filed with incomes less than $16,000 earned...

Your ignorance is beyond belief...

Stay home and get help today...

So you don't like REAL math. Got it

Bottom 50% 68,292,856 RETURNS (FAMILIES)

AGI $960,561,000

IS $14,064,60 AVERAGE PER FAMILY BUBBA!!!

NONE made more than $34,823

Summary of Latest Federal Income Tax Data Tax Foundation

I still can't believe I got Dad to admit that Barack Obama had no hand at all in creating all of the high paying jobs we now have in the natural gas and shale oil production industries. I'm curious as to how he's going to walk that admission back once he realizes that has been a major driver of what little recovery we have had and he's precluded Barry from getting any credit.

That # isn't even remotely accurate. You embarrass yourself every time that you quote it.

How the US Shale Boom Will Change the World

shakehead.gif

According to Rick Perry, Mittens was nothing but a vulture capitalist???

History of success? I guess keeping US out of ANOTHER GOP great depression, getting Bin Laden AND seeing 11+ million PRIVATE sector jobs created since he got MILLIONS more health insurance, Feb 2010, is failure in right wing world, lol

rw
Come on, Dottie...anyone with a dollop of honesty from your side would admit that the reason Obama didn't increase taxes on the wealthy was because some folks who actually understood economics finally got through to him and his merry band of progressives and explained to them that increasing taxes in the middle of a recession was NOT going to be a good thing for the economy!

Oh sure...he blamed it on the GOP...but what HASN'T Barry blamed on the GOP! Heck, he was accusing them of obstructionism when the Democrats had Super Majorities in the House and Senate!
more of your non-sourced word salad? :eusa_doh: Are ALL conservatives as lazy as you? Judging from the rw posts on this page I'd have to give that question a resounding "YES!" for an answer. :eusa_clap: Save it rw ideologue boi. :talktothehand:No sources then its just another rw opinion :tinfoil:

I'm curious, Dottie...who's "lazier"...people like Dad who haven't had an original thought in about a decade...or myself who relies on my own intellect to formulate an intelligent viewpoint of topics? Since when did original thought become "lazy" and copying someone else become working hard?

Intellect? From you? Oh I guess to push the right wing narrative even when well sourced materials say you are full of shit, takes something, not sure I'd call it intellect however

cognitive-dissonance-vik-religion-1383952180.jpg

.or myself who relies on my own intellect to formulate an intelligent viewpoint of topics? Since when did original thought become "lazy" and copying someone else become working hard?

Since when did revisionist history become "original thought"? Was that about the same time when outright lying became the equivalent of working?:

And relying on your intellect to form erroneous conclusions proves what exactly?

What conclusion of mine is "erroneous", Zeke? That Dad trolls ridiculously biased sites and spams the nonsense that he finds there? That Barack Obama has been underwhelming when it comes to the economy and creating jobs?

So I take it that you ARE impressed by Dad's cut and paste barrages? How about relying on YOUR intellect for a change?

"That Dad trolls ridiculously biased sites and spams the nonsense that he finds there?"

SHOULD BE easy to refute with well sourced counter pieces right? lol

We're basically going to end up with a lost decade because we've elected someone with absolutely zero aptitude for the job at hand. We've gotten "leading from behind" and "don't do stupid stuff!" as administration mantras. Is it any wonder everything the guy touches turns to mud?

Aughts were a lost decade for U.S. economy, workers

Aughts were a lost decade for U.S. economy workers

Weird, we had a GOP Congress most of that with Dubya and 'job creator' policies??? lol

shakehead.gif

According to Rick Perry, Mittens was nothing but a vulture capitalist???

History of success? I guess keeping US out of ANOTHER GOP great depression, getting Bin Laden AND seeing 11+ million PRIVATE sector jobs created since he got MILLIONS more health insurance, Feb 2010, is failure in right wing world, lol

George Bush's TARP kept the US out of another Great Depression. Barack Obama's total lack of an economic strategy to increase jobs in the Private Sector created the Great Recession.

As for Barry getting Osama bin Laden? That was indeed an accomplishment. Too bad he followed it up by allowing ISIS to take over a good part of the Middle East.

I would argue that if Barack Obama hadn't pushed for ObamaCare and Cap & Trade as the first two big initiatives of his administration that unemployment would never have gone as high as it did and would have rebounded far earlier than it has. I say that because both initiatives created massive amounts of uncertainty in the Private Sector and uncertainty is death to investment.

Argue all you want, 11+ million PRIVATE sector jobs says you are full of shit, and NO he didn't push cap and trade, the original idea of the GOP, liar!

shakehead.gif

I know exactly why Barack Obama hasn't been able to get "our car" out of the ditch, Dad...he never learned to drive yet you idiots gave him the keys!

100317_cartoon_600.jpg

Argue all you want, 11+ million PRIVATE sector jobs says you are full of shit, and NO he didn't push cap and trade, the original idea of the GOP, liar!

If he really HAD done wonderful things with the economy then you progressive fluffers wouldn't have to use misleading statistics like that one, Dad! You're the same people who gave us "jobs created or saved" to hide how awful the Obama Stimulus was at creating jobs!

That # isn't even remotely accurate. You embarrass yourself every time that you quote it.

How the US Shale Boom Will Change the World

Sure Bubba, I 'believe' your source

Oilprice.com is the most popular energy news site in the world. Our analysis focuses on Oil and Gas, Alternative Energy and Geopolitics.

shakehead.gif

100317_cartoon_600.jpg

Simple reply to this cartoon that you keep spamming, Dad...what was Barry's economic plan to put people in the Private Sector back to work when he took office in 2009? Spell it out for me.

Forum List

Back