GOP jobs agenda

So what you've done is take 2 billion dollars out of the pockets of American consumers in the form of a "surcharge" that is paid to service providers which is then paid as a tax to the Federal Government which then spends it to give people free phones.

For you to sit here and claim that isn't a tax is about as duplicitous as it gets. If you're going to steal money from Americans to pay for your entitlements, Faun...at least have the political courage to admit what it is you're doing instead of hiding behind schemes like this one.
Look at the pretzel you're twisting yourself into to maintain your idiocy that your taxes pay for ObamaPhones. :lmao: A charge is not a tax. There are all sorts of charges for all sorts of reasons so companies can turn a profit, that doesn't make them taxes.

And as stated on the FCC website, the 'universal service' fee is optional. Not every company applies it. I'm sure some don't, but collect that fee in other ways.

Sure, you're still paying ... but it's not coming out of your taxes.
You can't be this dumb Faun. Hidden taxes in the form of corporate taxes and fees are taxes nonetheless. Just because it doesn't show up on your tax bill, and instead shows up as an increase in your phone bill does not mean it's free to you. Unless of course you don't have a phone bill. Let me guess, Faun. Your phone is an Obama phone.
That's as stupid as calling a "tip" a "tax" since your waitress pays some of her taxes with the tip you leave her. :cuckoo:
Yeah cause an optional charge on my dinner tab is the same as a FORCED CHARGE ON MY CELL PHONE BILL THAT THE GOD DAMN GOVERNMENT SHOVED DOWN MY THROAT TO REDISTRIBUTE MY HARD EARNED INCOME TO DEADBEATS LIKE YOU.

So what you've done is take 2 billion dollars out of the pockets of American consumers in the form of a "surcharge" that is paid to service providers which is then paid as a tax to the Federal Government which then spends it to give people free phones.

For you to sit here and claim that isn't a tax is about as duplicitous as it gets. If you're going to steal money from Americans to pay for your entitlements, Faun...at least have the political courage to admit what it is you're doing instead of hiding behind schemes like this one.
Look at the pretzel you're twisting yourself into to maintain your idiocy that your taxes pay for ObamaPhones. :lmao: A charge is not a tax. There are all sorts of charges for all sorts of reasons so companies can turn a profit, that doesn't make them taxes.

And as stated on the FCC website, the 'universal service' fee is optional. Not every company applies it. I'm sure some don't, but collect that fee in other ways.

You can't be this dumb Faun. Hidden taxes in the form of corporate taxes and fees are taxes nonetheless. Just because it doesn't show up on your tax bill, and instead shows up as an increase in your phone bill does not mean it's free to you. Unless of course you don't have a phone bill. Let me guess, Faun. Your phone is an Obama phone.
That's as stupid as calling a "tip" a "tax" since your waitress pays some of her taxes with the tip you leave her. :cuckoo:
Yeah cause an optional charge on my dinner tab is the same as a FORCED CHARGE ON MY CELL PHONE BILL THAT THE GOD DAMN GOVERNMENT SHOVED DOWN MY THROAT TO REDISTRIBUTE MY HARD EARNED INCOME TO DEADBEATS LIKE YOU.
a) tips are not always optional.

b) having a phone is optional.

c) calling a fee a tax is no different than calling a tip a tax. Or calling any fee for any reason, a tax.

c) calling a fee a tax is no different than calling a tip a tax. Or calling any fee for any reason, a tax.

Tips are always optional.
Having a phone is a modern necessity.
A fee for services rendered for your bill for your food that you willfully purchased and willfully payed, is worlds apart from a fee for which you have no god damn choice for paying for SOMEONELSES BILL for services that you did not enjoy and for which you had no choice.

Your comparison is like saying rape is the same thing as a hand shake.

Ring Wing Goes Crazy Over 'Obama Phones' Which Are Actually 'Reagan Phones'

But it’s the right that are going to end up looking like the ignorant fools. What Limbaugh, Malzberg -- and likely the majority of the million people who viewed the video -- didn’t know was that these “Obama Phones” are actually a creation of their beloved Ronald Reagan,who began the programin 1984.

Actually called the “Lifeline program,” the legislation permits some households to receive a free landline under Congress’s rationale that "telephone service provides a vital link to emergency services, government services and surrounding communities."

That idea dates back to 1934, under the Communications Act, but Reagan was the first to actually implement the legislation.

Ring Wing Goes Crazy Over Obama Phones Which Are Actually Reagan Phones Alternet

The President explained his support by saying:

Our country's outstanding highway system was built on the user fee principle—that those who benefit from a use should share in its cost. It is appropriate that we rely on this same concept now. America has been blessed over the years with excellent transportation, and this program would provide us with a means of protecting and preserving this system.

On January 6, 1983, President Reagan signed the Surface Transportation Assistance Act (STAA) of 1982 in a ceremony in the State Dining Room at the White House.

Reagan argued that it wasn’t really a tax, anyhow, but a “user’s fee.”

Nah, it's not that bad. You're forgetting that by the end of Bush's reign of error; you had already lost your job, your barn was in foreclosure anyway, your wife died in the WTC, and your sons and daughters were still on their third deployment to Iraq in search of WMD that weren't there to begin with. Hell, it's thanks to Obama that you had an ObamaPhone to call the fire department.

I don't have an ObamaPhone...I'm the guy who has to PAY for them.
What'ya mean, you pay for them?

Oh, let me guess...you think that the "Phone Fairy" pays for all those free phones?

What I MEAN is that part of the money that I pay in taxes goes to buy ObamaPhones for people that are too lazy to work and earn money to get their own damn phone! It's just one more example of the whole cradle to the grave entitlement society that you progressives love so much.
Yet more nonsense from you. :eusa_doh: You clearly have no idea what you're rambling about now. Phones provided by the LifeLine program (a program started under Reagan), are not paid for with tax dollars. :eusa_doh:

G'head, explain again why you prefer posting your baseless opinions instead of facts.....
The program started under Reagan was completely different and for a different purpose. Reagan wanted to make sure poor people in remote locations had access to a land line phone for emergency purposes. The new system is around a plan to redistribute income by handing out smart phones with free minutes and text plans so people can play with their phones all day instead of working for a living. The new system has nothing to do with making sure people in remote locations have access to an phone for 911 calls. Why? Because all cell phones, even ones that don't have minute plans have access, by law, to make 911 calls. Thus emergency phones are entirely free now. However, instead of just killing the plan that Reagan started, since it is no longer needed, the demoscum bags decided to turn the program into a voter registration tool.. come get your free smart phone with a free use plan and register to vote for the democrat party!

SCUM BAGS.
Here's an example of some LifeLine plans. Read and learn....

Lifeline Plans Other Calling Plans U.S. Cellular

Also, the LifeLine program started offering cell phones under Bush.

A fee for services rendered for your bill for your food that you willfully purchased and willfully payed, is worlds apart from a fee for which you have no god damn choice for paying for SOMEONELSES BILL for services that you did not enjoy and for which you had no choice.

Tips are not always optional...

Couple arrested over 'theft' for refusing to tip in restaurant

And again, it can be any fee for any reason. It could be the delivery fee when you have an appliance delivered. Call that a tax because the person or company collecting it pays taxes.

Nah, it's not that bad. You're forgetting that by the end of Bush's reign of error; you had already lost your job, your barn was in foreclosure anyway, your wife died in the WTC, and your sons and daughters were still on their third deployment to Iraq in search of WMD that weren't there to begin with. Hell, it's thanks to Obama that you had an ObamaPhone to call the fire department.

Oh, let me guess...you think that the "Phone Fairy" pays for all those free phones?

What I MEAN is that part of the money that I pay in taxes goes to buy ObamaPhones for people that are too lazy to work and earn money to get their own damn phone! It's just one more example of the whole cradle to the grave entitlement society that you progressives love so much.
Yet more nonsense from you. :eusa_doh: You clearly have no idea what you're rambling about now. Phones provided by the LifeLine program (a program started under Reagan), are not paid for with tax dollars. :eusa_doh:

G'head, explain again why you prefer posting your baseless opinions instead of facts.....
The program started under Reagan was completely different and for a different purpose. Reagan wanted to make sure poor people in remote locations had access to a land line phone for emergency purposes. The new system is around a plan to redistribute income by handing out smart phones with free minutes and text plans so people can play with their phones all day instead of working for a living. The new system has nothing to do with making sure people in remote locations have access to an phone for 911 calls. Why? Because all cell phones, even ones that don't have minute plans have access, by law, to make 911 calls. Thus emergency phones are entirely free now. However, instead of just killing the plan that Reagan started, since it is no longer needed, the demoscum bags decided to turn the program into a voter registration tool.. come get your free smart phone with a free use plan and register to vote for the democrat party!

SCUM BAGS.

Hardly. “Obama phone” is the widely used — and misleading — nickname of a 28-year-old federal program known as Lifeline. It provides discounts, averaging $9.25 a month, on phone service for 13.3 million low-income subscribers.

..Lifeline was begun not by President Obama but under Ronald Reagan. It expanded to include cellphone service during the presidency of another Republican, George W. Bush.

Obama phones subsidy program draws new scrutiny on the Hill - The Washington Post

The idea of providing low-income individuals with subsidized phone service was originated in the Reagan administration following the break-up of AT&T in 1984. (It was expanded and formalized by the Telecommunications Act of 1996.) The program is paid for by telecommunications companies through an independent non-profit, not through tax revenue.

The Truth About The Obama Phone ThinkProgress

And again, it can be any fee for any reason. It could be the delivery fee when you have an appliance delivered. Call that a tax because the person or company collecting it pays taxes.
Buying food at a restaurant is always optional to eating at a different place. Thus for at least that reason tips are always optional. Additionally, tips are almost always optional and when they are not you can go somewhere else.

A delivery fee for delivery of an appliance that you pay for to get your item delivered is not the same as paying for delivery of an appliance that you did not buy to be delivered to someone else's home.

I'll say it again. Your comparison is like saying is like saying a vicious violent rape of a child is the same thing as a hand shake with your best friend.

10403086_765467123546344_7000274880048226410_n_zpsc9aa838b.jpg

Buying food at a restaurant is always optional to eating at a different place. Thus for at least that reason tips are always optional. Additionally, tips are almost always optional and when they are not you can go somewhere else.
Using that same logic, again, phone service is also optional.

A delivery fee for delivery of an appliance that you pay for to get your item delivered is not the same as paying for delivery of an appliance that you did not buy to be delivered to someone else's home.
Now you're trying to switch the argument how tax revenues are applied. Sticking on topic, it doesn't matter. Either way, you're paying someone a fee which they in turn use to pay their taxes.

I'll say it again. Your comparison is like saying is like saying a vicious violent rape of a child is the same thing as a hand shake with your best friend.
Cries the idiot claiming fees are taxes. :cuckoo:

I could spend time researching that, but I'm not interested in the past. Let's talk about right now. Besides from 1995-2007, they knew they had a pro-illegal alien president to veto their stuff.

Yeah NOT like they have ANY history of passing bills a Prez wouldn't sign (OBAMACARES 55+ TIMES), lol
Apples and oranges. Getting back on topic, Obama's pro-immigration policies are killing jobs for Americans, all while he brags about creating them (for foreigners).

Apples and oranges? lol

OK, Dubya had a loss of 1+ million PRIVATE sector jobs in 8 years with his and the GOP's 'job creator' policies., Even stopping Dec 2007, it was a miserable 4 million in 7 years

That socialist Obama has 11+ million PRIVATE sector jobs since passing the 'job killer' Obamacares in Feb 2010, that's a NET of 7 million PRIVATE sector jobs since Obama came into office (since Dubya/.GOP policy lost 4 million in 2009)!

Besides you Bircher bullshit, do you have ANYTHING???
YOU KNOW what I have (from Post #660) and that's all I need to have. As far as the 15 million unemployed Americans, are concerned, Obama's job creation hasn't done squat for them, because his immigration policies has them going to millions of illegal invaders (he sees as votes for his people), and many more legal ones on work visas. He has no job creation credential AT ALL because of that.
And I supported Obama's infrastructure jobs bills which the House Republicans vetoed, so you can skip the Bircher routine,
As a percentage of the civilian noninstitutional population, those 15 million people represent about 6.1%.

When Bush became president, that number was 4.9%

When Bush left office, it was 7.6%

That means under Bush, it increased by 55%; whereas under Obama, it's decreased 20%.

This is why I laugh whenever a rightwinger whines about Obama's economy.
You can scatter as many numbers around as you want, if it makes you feel better. Fact remains, when Obama creates jobs, FOREIGNERS get them. And he's actively making that situation worse, not better.

A charge is not a tax? Is a fee a tax? When Massachusetts taxpayers revolted and passed legislation that prohibited their State politicians from raising taxes more than a certain percentage the government responded by raising "fees" on virtually everything the public needed to do through their government. The cost of getting a drivers license doubled...every single video game in night club that used to have a $15 year license fee suddenly cost $50.

What is being done with the "Universal Service Fund" is especially sleazy. The government wants to give free phones away but they KNOW that if they pay for that out of taxpayer monies that it will create an uproar from taxpayers who are already struggling to pay their bills. So what they DO is tax the companies who provide all of us with phone service and tell them that if they want to they can recoup that cost by charging us.

Now you've just stated that some companies don't apply the Universal Service Fund Surcharge to their customers. Would you like to tell us the name of that telephone service provider? The truth is they ALL pass that charge along! They also get paid a fee for each new ObamaPhone customer that they sign up for the program...a fee that IS paid by the Federal Government! I suppose you're now going to tell me THAT isn't coming out of my taxes either?

SCUM BAGS.

Hardly. “Obama phone” is the widely used — and misleading — nickname of a 28-year-old federal program known as Lifeline. It provides discounts, averaging $9.25 a month, on phone service for 13.3 million low-income subscribers.

..Lifeline was begun not by President Obama but under Ronald Reagan. It expanded to include cellphone service during the presidency of another Republican, George W. Bush.

Obama phones subsidy program draws new scrutiny on the Hill - The Washington Post

The idea of providing low-income individuals with subsidized phone service was originated in the Reagan administration following the break-up of AT&T in 1984. (It was expanded and formalized by the Telecommunications Act of 1996.) The program is paid for by telecommunications companies through an independent non-profit, not through tax revenue.

What Think Progress conveniently leaves out is that the size of the program has TRIPLED under the Obama Administration.

With Republicans taking over Congress today, prepare to be dazzled with their jobs agenda. It is what we have been waiting six years for

In the new Congress, Republicans will have the majority in both the Senate and the House for the first time in eight years. As they get ready to take power, their rhetorical focus is clear: jobs, the economy, and more jobs.
So far, there are two main proposals on deck for the GOP. First, the Hire More Heroes Act, which would make it easier for small businesses that hire veterans to deny health care to their employees. Second, they want to immediately build the Keystone XL pipeline, a project that would transport oil from Canada to the Gulf Coast.
On their own, these are both extremely small-bore policies. But as a jobs agenda, this doesn't even rise to the level of pitiful. It's the latest evidence that Republicans continue to struggle with basic macroeconomics — and it does not bode well for the nation should they win the White House in 2016.

Sorry Republicans The Keystone XL pipeline is not a jobs agenda - The Week

Your forgetting all the jobs bills passed by the House that are sitting in the Senate that needs to be passed now that they have the majority.
At the end of a congress's two-year cycle, all
bills that have been introduced in either the House or the Senate that
have not made it through the entire legislative process and signed into
law are dead. Since most of those bills were introduced knowing they never make through congress, it will be interesting see just how many are introduced again.

SCUM BAGS.

What Think Progress conveniently leaves out is that the size of the program has TRIPLED under the Obama Administration.

Yes, Dubya/GOP 'job creator' policies created LOTS of unemployed and poor people. And? lol

" It provides discounts, averaging $9.25 a month, on phone service for 13.3 million low-income subscribers."

lol

Yeah NOT like they have ANY history of passing bills a Prez wouldn't sign (OBAMACARES 55+ TIMES), lol
Apples and oranges. Getting back on topic, Obama's pro-immigration policies are killing jobs for Americans, all while he brags about creating them (for foreigners).

Apples and oranges? lol

OK, Dubya had a loss of 1+ million PRIVATE sector jobs in 8 years with his and the GOP's 'job creator' policies., Even stopping Dec 2007, it was a miserable 4 million in 7 years

That socialist Obama has 11+ million PRIVATE sector jobs since passing the 'job killer' Obamacares in Feb 2010, that's a NET of 7 million PRIVATE sector jobs since Obama came into office (since Dubya/.GOP policy lost 4 million in 2009)!

YOU KNOW what I have (from Post #660) and that's all I need to have. As far as the 15 million unemployed Americans, are concerned, Obama's job creation hasn't done squat for them, because his immigration policies has them going to millions of illegal invaders (he sees as votes for his people), and many more legal ones on work visas. He has no job creation credential AT ALL because of that.
And I supported Obama's infrastructure jobs bills which the House Republicans vetoed, so you can skip the Bircher routine,
As a percentage of the civilian noninstitutional population, those 15 million people represent about 6.1%.

That means under Bush, it increased by 55%; whereas under Obama, it's decreased 20%.

You can scatter as many numbers around as you want, if it makes you feel better. Fact remains, when Obama creates jobs, FOREIGNERS get them. And he's actively making that situation worse, not better.
Those were the numbers YOU wanted to talk about. You see now that we've improved under Obama so now you don't like them anymore?? Sorry those numbers hurt you so much .... but 6.1% is far lower than what it was when Obama became president.

Funny how unemployment almost always goes up when the president is Republican and almost always comes down when they're Democrat.

Have you noticed that?

A charge is not a tax? Is a fee a tax? When Massachusetts taxpayers revolted and passed legislation that prohibited their State politicians from raising taxes more than a certain percentage the government responded by raising "fees" on virtually everything the public needed to do through their government. The cost of getting a drivers license doubled...every single video game in night club that used to have a $15 year license fee suddenly cost $50.

What is being done with the "Universal Service Fund" is especially sleazy. The government wants to give free phones away but they KNOW that if they pay for that out of taxpayer monies that it will create an uproar from taxpayers who are already struggling to pay their bills. So what they DO is tax the companies who provide all of us with phone service and tell them that if they want to they can recoup that cost by charging us.

Now you've just stated that some companies don't apply the Universal Service Fund Surcharge to their customers. Would you like to tell us the name of that telephone service provider? The truth is they ALL pass that charge along! They also get paid a fee for each new ObamaPhone customer that they sign up for the program...a fee that IS paid by the Federal Government! I suppose you're now going to tell me THAT isn't coming out of my taxes either?
The LifeLine program is not, nor has ever been, funded by tax dollars.

Your inability to understand that, or accept it, really makes no difference.

Apples and oranges? lol

Those were the numbers YOU wanted to talk about. You see now that we've improved under Obama so now you don't like them anymore?? Sorry those numbers hurt you so much .... but 6.1% is far lower than what it was when Obama became president.

Funny how unemployment almost always goes up when the president is Republican and almost always comes down when they're Democrat.

Have you noticed that?
Funny how unemployment has come down when Democrats no longer control the Congress so the Private Sector feels safe to invest again!

Forum List

Back