GOP Leadership Memo Suggests Senate Cannot Block Trial If House Votes To Impeach Trump

I'm getting tired of seeing the same thread posted time, after time, after time.

Don't you people check the topic list before starting a thread?
So many didn't look Others posting about whether McConnell will allow senate to vote??

yes

If you are sick of the multiple threads then you should know how those like me feel trying to tell both sides to calm down and let Pelosi do what she need to do and let the Senate either convict or not.

The left are already claiming the whistleblower shouldn't be known and kept secret, so when reading these threads I am blown away with some of the comments...

Didn’t you listen to Levine? The Senate has no obligation to hold the trial on impeachment! Why doesn’t the Cowardly cud chewer take a vote in the house? Doyathink?
I believe it's been established that they do. It's a constitutional thing, you wouldn't understand.

It's also been established that mark Levin is a moron.

Now we can see which cowardly republican traitors stand up for Trump
As impeachment proceedings officially begin in the House, speculation has quickly turned to how they might end in the Senate. Republican leadership clarified that the Senate must take action if the lower chamber approves articles of impeachment against President Trump.

“There is no way we could somehow bar the doors and prevent the managers from presenting the articles to the Senate,” stated a GOP leadership memo reportedly obtained by HuffPost. “The rules of impeachment are clear on this point.”

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced the formal impeachment inquiry into Trump last Tuesday after the White House released a memo of Trump’s conversation with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. Following the decision was the release of an anonymous whistleblower complaint against the president over his repeated attempts to enlist Ukrainian officials to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son, and allegedly withholding almost $400 million in military aid from Ukraine as leverage.

If Trump is impeached by the House the Senate will vote on it after their trial but unless there is better evidence Trump will not be convicted.

No one to my knowledge is saying McConnell would refuse the Senate to do their job.

What is being said the Senate will not convict at this moment...
McConnell will not allow the Senate to convict no matter what.

Like a true Mafiso Trump says I give you missiles you give me Bidens,,,, Goon behavior The crook should be frog marched out of the WH

I swear, you people are either born liars, or have a mental problem of seeing things that were never printed, and hearing things that were never said.
RAY write this down so you won't forget WE HAVE IT NAILED,,,,,,, IN TRUMPS OWN WORDS asking for a favor from a foreign leader....
A FAVOR-not a quid pro quo or extortion. I have said "do me a favor" a thousand times, should I be impeached?
A FAVOR-not a quid pro quo or extortion. I have said "do me a favor" a thousand times, should I be impeached?
Did you infer you would withhold desperately needed military aid if you did not get your favor?

Whistleblower complaint, annotated

"In the course of my official duties, I have received information from multiple U.S. Government officials that the President of the United States is using the power of his office to solicit interference from a foreign country in the 2020 U.S. election.

"This interference includes, among other things, pressuring a foreign country to investigate one of the President’s main domestic political rivals.

"The President’s personal lawyer, Mr. Rudolph Giuliani, is a central figure in this effort. Attorney General Barr appears to be involved as well.

"'I have received information' is different than witnessing information.

"The whistleblower appears to be reporting second-hand information.

"That might not matter since it is thoroughly documented, and as the White House transcript of Trump’s Ukraine phone call shows, what the whistleblower alleged, at least on that front, was true.

"This raises questions that the whistleblower doesn’t address in the complaint, but which Congress could investigate: Were these other officials concerned? And if the interference described below is only one kind of solicitation — “among other things” — what else did Trump try to do?"

As impeachment proceedings officially begin in the House, speculation has quickly turned to how they might end in the Senate. Republican leadership clarified that the Senate must take action if the lower chamber approves articles of impeachment against President Trump.

“There is no way we could somehow bar the doors and prevent the managers from presenting the articles to the Senate,” stated a GOP leadership memo reportedly obtained by HuffPost. “The rules of impeachment are clear on this point.”

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced the formal impeachment inquiry into Trump last Tuesday after the White House released a memo of Trump’s conversation with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. Following the decision was the release of an anonymous whistleblower complaint against the president over his repeated attempts to enlist Ukrainian officials to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son, and allegedly withholding almost $400 million in military aid from Ukraine as leverage.

Impeachment doesn't mean Trump will leave the office. You're still going to be stuck with him, even if an impeachment succeeds, which I seriously doubt.

Didn’t you listen to Levine? The Senate has no obligation to hold the trial on impeachment! Why doesn’t the Cowardly cud chewer take a vote in the house? Doyathink?
I believe it's been established that they do. It's a constitutional thing, you wouldn't understand.

It's also been established that mark Levin is a moron.
Regardless, if the House votes to impeach, the Senate should accommodate their wishes and have the trial. The whistleblower should be exposed, the accused should be able to face his accuser-both things are hinge pins of our democracy. If both Democrats and Republicans are offended by this post, then I have done my job.

If Trump is impeached by the House the Senate will vote on it after their trial but unless there is better evidence Trump will not be convicted.

No one to my knowledge is saying McConnell would refuse the Senate to do their job.

Nope! They are not obligated. The House has not even voted. So why should the Senate?

McConnell will not allow the Senate to convict no matter what.
Probably, but a wise man learns to expect the unexpected.

Like a true Mafiso Trump says I give you missiles you give me Bidens,,,, Goon behavior The crook should be frog marched out of the WH

I swear, you people are either born liars, or have a mental problem of seeing things that were never printed, and hearing things that were never said.
RAY write this down so you won't forget WE HAVE IT NAILED,,,,,,, IN TRUMPS OWN WORDS asking for a favor from a foreign leader....
Did you infer you would withhold desperately needed military aid if you did not get your favor?

"In the course of my official duties, I have received information from multiple U.S. Government officials that the President of the United States is using the power of his office to solicit interference from a foreign country in the 2020 U.S. election.

"This interference includes, among other things, pressuring a foreign country to investigate one of the President’s main domestic political rivals.

"The President’s personal lawyer, Mr. Rudolph Giuliani, is a central figure in this effort. Attorney General Barr appears to be involved as well.

"That might not matter since it is thoroughly documented, and as the White House transcript of Trump’s Ukraine phone call shows, what the whistleblower alleged, at least on that front, was true.

"This raises questions that the whistleblower doesn’t address in the complaint, but which Congress could investigate: Were these other officials concerned? And if the interference described below is only one kind of solicitation — “among other things” — what else did Trump try to do?"
If you are talking about inferring and implying the case is over. His complaint would seem mild compared to my complaint about George Bush and his WMD war. We have to stick to ACTUAL statements.

Nope! They are not obligated. The House has not even voted. So why should the Senate?

I am missing something here and it is confusing me because I stated if the House Impeaches Trump then the Senate will vote on Conviction after.

So this is after the House votes and not before...

So I am starting to wonder does the Trump voters even read anymore or have all of you become like the left?

On this day NO FUCKS WERE GIVEN

Pelosi on Trump impeachment: "You've come into my wheelhouse now"
22DC-IMPEACH-articleLarge.jpg

"Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Monday at the Texas Tribune Festival in Austin: 'I'm saying to the president and I'm saying to you, 'You've come into my wheelhouse now. I have 25 years of experience in intelligence.'"
I know what she is going to say before she says it, but more importantly, I notice she is shaking way more now-she may be in worse shape than Ginsberg.
know what she is going to say before she says it, but more importantly, I notice she is shaking way more now-she may be in worse shape than Ginsberg.
Nancy should have been replaced years ago.
Maybe 2020 is the time?

Nancy Pelosi’s Three Primary Challengers To Debate Saturday Night

"Speaker of the House Representatives Nancy is not up for reelection until 2020, but she faces a primary this March. The three upstarts hoping to take her down will debate online Saturday night."

If you are talking about inferring and implying the case is over. His complaint would seem mild compared to my complaint about George Bush and his WMD war. We have to stick to ACTUAL statements.
Would you agree if McConnell pulls a Garland and refuses to have a vote ?? Would that piss you off ??

I am missing something here and it is confusing me because I stated if the House Impeaches Trump then the Senate will vote on Conviction after.

So I am starting to wonder does the Trump voters even read anymore or have all of you become like the left?

Say some Trump supporters-we don't know how many or if they even voted. And nice backhanded compliment to the left-I'm curious to see if they catch that.

Certainly it's after bruce IF McConnell allows it

Pelosi on Trump impeachment: "You've come into my wheelhouse now"
22DC-IMPEACH-articleLarge.jpg

"Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Monday at the Texas Tribune Festival in Austin: 'I'm saying to the president and I'm saying to you, 'You've come into my wheelhouse now. I have 25 years of experience in intelligence.'"
I know what she is going to say before she says it, but more importantly, I notice she is shaking way more now-she may be in worse shape than Ginsberg.
know what she is going to say before she says it, but more importantly, I notice she is shaking way more now-she may be in worse shape than Ginsberg.
Nancy should have been replaced years ago.
Maybe 2020 is the time?

Nancy Pelosi’s Three Primary Challengers To Debate Saturday Night

"Speaker of the House Representatives Nancy is not up for reelection until 2020, but she faces a primary this March. The three upstarts hoping to take her down will debate online Saturday night."
Thank you-I want to see that.

stop lying, impeachment proceedings have NOT begun. That takes a vote of the entire house and crazy Nancy knows that she does not have the votes for that. There is no such thing in the constitution or congressional rules as a "formal impeachment inquiry" they made that up.

depends on what the favor is

Would you agree if McConnell pulls a Garland and refuses to have a vote ?? Would that piss you off ??
Not piss me off-I would be disappointed. I did not like the Garland stunt either. If Trump has to replace Ginsberg, I would like him to select a centrist acceptable to both left and right-that would go a long way to calm the hatred.

Certainly it's after bruce IF McConnell allows it

McConnell has no choice...

Forum List

Back