GOP Leadership Memo Suggests Senate Cannot Block Trial If House Votes To Impeach Trump

Nope! They are not obligated. The House has not even voted. So why should the Senate?

I am missing something here and it is confusing me because I stated if the House Impeaches Trump then the Senate will vote on Conviction after.

So this is after the House votes and not before...

So I am starting to wonder does the Trump voters even read anymore or have all of you become like the left?
Certainly it's after bruce IF McConnell allows it

McConnell has no choice...

correct, if the house voted to impeach, the senate would be required to have a vote to remove. I think that requires 3/5 of the senators. It won't happen. What will happen is that american voters will get fed up with this BS and remove dems from the house in 2020. Its funny watching the dems destroy themselves.
when the country hears what we have on this pos in our wh you stand a good chance of losing the senate too

"what we have"??? is that what Schiff has been screaming about for 3 years?

Its amazing how out of touch with reality you are.

I am missing something here and it is confusing me because I stated if the House Impeaches Trump then the Senate will vote on Conviction after.

So I am starting to wonder does the Trump voters even read anymore or have all of you become like the left?

correct, if the house voted to impeach, the senate would be required to have a vote to remove. I think that requires 3/5 of the senators. It won't happen. What will happen is that american voters will get fed up with this BS and remove dems from the house in 2020. Its funny watching the dems destroy themselves.
67 Senators have to vote affirmative to impeach....where are they going to find 20 Rep. senators that want to be voted out of office....Romney.....and a scumbag broad from Maine?

DuutNfv.jpg
Put the shoe on the other foot How many Repubs will get voted out after voting to keep this pos in office??
None. Actually expect to pick up a few Senators ...especially when the indictments start coming out late summer 2020! ;))

RAY write this down so you won't forget WE HAVE IT NAILED,,,,,,, IN TRUMPS OWN WORDS asking for a favor from a foreign leader....

So what? Do you actually think that any of us on the Right give a shit? We don’t. Especially when the only other option is a Liberal or Progressive piece of shit.
I know,,,if you had a shit you wouldn't give it

Nope! They are not obligated. The House has not even voted. So why should the Senate?

when the country hears what we have on this pos in our wh you stand a good chance of losing the senate too

Not on your worthless life loser. You look even dumber than usual today. Did you iron your dress and get your panties out of that wad? You must be on what, your fourth or fifth tampon today? You've already lost and you're so dumb you don't even know it.

Like a true Mafiso Trump says I give you missiles you give me Bidens,,,, Goon behavior The crook should be frog marched out of the WH

I swear, you people are either born liars, or have a mental problem of seeing things that were never printed, and hearing things that were never said.
RAY write this down so you won't forget WE HAVE IT NAILED,,,He t
Like a true Mafiso Trump says I give you missiles you give me Bidens,,,, Goon behavior The crook should be frog marched out of the WH

I swear, you people are either born liars, or have a mental problem of seeing things that were never printed, and hearing things that were never said.
RAY write this down so you won't forget WE HAVE IT NAILED,,,,,,, IN TRUMPS OWN WORDS asking for a favor from a foreign leader....

No law against asking for a favor from anybody. You nailed it??? Still or again?

You nailed nothing because you can't put two sentences out of that transcript that support your claim. Trump never made any threat, not even remotely, of not giving Ukraine funds unless they investigate Biden. As I stated repeatedly, the money was withheld a week before the phone call was ever made.
Of course he made an implied threat to withhold funds and good will. Trump thinks he is so smart no one would notice and Trumpanzees are to stupid to see it. Bigy!!

67 Senators have to vote affirmative to impeach....where are they going to find 20 Rep. senators that want to be voted out of office....Romney.....and a scumbag broad from Maine?

DuutNfv.jpg
Put the shoe on the other foot How many Repubs will get voted out after voting to keep this pos in office??
None. Actually expect to pick up a few Senators ...especially when the indictments start coming out late summer 2020! ;))

Let me be clear and Trump need to be careful playing the same game.

No one is going to argue about the base of Trump or Democrats are strong but either or both sides could piss off the swing voters and could cost either side dearly.

Trump need to ride out this Inquiry and focus on his bid for reelection and not revenge...

Not on your worthless life loser. You look even dumber than usual today. Did you iron your dress and get your panties out of that wad? You must be on what, your fourth or fifth tampon today? You've already lost and you're so dumb you don't even know it.
Schmuck Only thing I'm on is my 2nd scotch

Now we can see which cowardly republican traitors stand up for Trump
As impeachment proceedings officially begin in the House, speculation has quickly turned to how they might end in the Senate. Republican leadership clarified that the Senate must take action if the lower chamber approves articles of impeachment against President Trump.

“There is no way we could somehow bar the doors and prevent the managers from presenting the articles to the Senate,” stated a GOP leadership memo reportedly obtained by HuffPost. “The rules of impeachment are clear on this point.”

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced the formal impeachment inquiry into Trump last Tuesday after the White House released a memo of Trump’s conversation with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. Following the decision was the release of an anonymous whistleblower complaint against the president over his repeated attempts to enlist Ukrainian officials to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son, and allegedly withholding almost $400 million in military aid from Ukraine as leverage.

If Trump is impeached by the House the Senate will vote on it after their trial but unless there is better evidence Trump will not be convicted.

No one to my knowledge is saying McConnell would refuse the Senate to do their job.

What is being said the Senate will not convict at this moment...

Here is what I meant to say. Pelosi steps before a microphone and announces an impeachment inquiry without even having the house vote. I suspect as does Levine that she does not want to put her fellow democrats on the record. The Senate is not obligated to hold a trial phase especially since the House has not voted and maybe even if they do. McConnell can scrap the whole thing.

DuutNfv.jpg

No one is going to argue about the base of Trump or Democrats are strong but either or both sides could piss off the swing voters and could cost either side dearly.

Trump need to ride out this Inquiry and focus on his bid for reelection and not revenge...
Revenge his is life You expect him to cease now?

DuutNfv.jpg

The strong economy and the WALL will shift everything right and if they played up Bidens felonies, which they really haven't concentrated on will do the rest!.....Joe citizen actually has a brain that works!

So you're posting while drunk. That may help explain some things.......

Now we can see which cowardly republican traitors stand up for Trump
As impeachment proceedings officially begin in the House, speculation has quickly turned to how they might end in the Senate. Republican leadership clarified that the Senate must take action if the lower chamber approves articles of impeachment against President Trump.

“There is no way we could somehow bar the doors and prevent the managers from presenting the articles to the Senate,” stated a GOP leadership memo reportedly obtained by HuffPost. “The rules of impeachment are clear on this point.”

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced the formal impeachment inquiry into Trump last Tuesday after the White House released a memo of Trump’s conversation with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. Following the decision was the release of an anonymous whistleblower complaint against the president over his repeated attempts to enlist Ukrainian officials to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son, and allegedly withholding almost $400 million in military aid from Ukraine as leverage.

If Trump is impeached by the House the Senate will vote on it after their trial but unless there is better evidence Trump will not be convicted.

No one to my knowledge is saying McConnell would refuse the Senate to do their job.

What is being said the Senate will not convict at this moment...

Here is what I meant to say. Pelosi steps before a microphone and announces an impeachment inquiry without even having the house vote. I suspect as does Levine that she does not want to put her fellow democrats on the record. The Senate is not obligated to hold a trial phase especially since the House has not voted and maybe even if they do. McConnell can scrap the whole thing.

That is true.

If no vote on Impeachment in the House then the Senate can and will not do anything to further this because they are not obligated.

Now, if a vote is done and if Trump is impeached by the House then McConnell will obey the Constitution and do what is needed but again the Senate will not convict...

Can the Senate Decline to Try an Impeachment Case?

The Constitution does not by its express terms direct the Senate to try an impeachment. In fact, it confers on the Senate "the sole power to try,” which is a conferral of exclusive constitutional authority and not a procedural command. The Constitution couches the power to impeach in the same terms: it is the House’s “sole power.” The House may choose to impeach or not, and one can imagine an argument that the Senate is just as free, in the exercise of its own “sole power,” to decline to try any impeachment that the House elects to vote.

DuutNfv.jpg

The strong economy and the WALL will shift everything right and if they played up Bidens felonies, which they really haven't concentrated on will do the rest!.....Joe citizen actually has a brain that works!

As I wrote revenge from any side will cost that side the swing vote.

Pelosi right now is in dangerous waters and knows this could cost her the House in 2020.

I have not written my other thought why Pelosi did this but it could be to purge the House of Cortez, Talib and company.

Right now she is barely holding control and could be facing a revolt lead by Cortez, so Pelosi said this is the best time to run the impeachment inquiry...

glass or bottle?

Funny how desperate pathetic lefties fantasize about bringing down an administration without having to go to the trouble to win an election.. My biggest fear is the extent that the radical crazy American left will join up with jihadists on Trump's next inauguration day.

glass or bottle?

Cask...

( Sorry and even though I could help stop myself I am like Trump and just do not care )

Forum List

Back