🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

GOP revives rule allowing $1 salaries for government employees

Unemployment about to go up to 20%.....You think your pay isn't going to go down? PFT!

3/4 of them shouldn't have a job any way.
The public sector was never supposed to be this big. Period.
How many unconstitutional agencies do we have?
All of them are unconstitutional.
our drug war is unconstitutional, let's start there, first.
You have mistaken me for someone who supports the drug war.

Im not a tightwad, I spend a good deal of money to make sure my family does not require other peoples charity to survive.
If everyone had the same concern for their own families, we would never have to have this conversation because peoples children would have more than enough to be healthy and happy.
has nothing to do with being a tightwad, has to do with caring for ones family. and if they dont care, either do I. just as long as mine has what they need.
yes, you are a tight wad. don't try to get out of it. generous capitalists don't have a problem with it.
I guess if wanting to use what I earn to take care of my family is a tightwad in your eyes, so be it.
Personally I think that begging others to support you is somewhat of an embarrassment for the leach doing it. But to beg for something and then demand more? unreal. Ungrateful pieces of worthless shit, thats what they are.
Wish I could figure out how to hide everything that I have so I could steal from others too. My retirement would be looking really good if I was able to do that.
do you feel the same about our defense industry. even six hundred dollar hammers get more of a pass, than providing for the poor, in a general manner.
in the first place, defense is included in the constitution,

so is providing for the general welfare; that includes the poor, not just the rich.
Welfare isn't for the "general welfare." It only benefits those who receive it. The general welfare clause refers only to the powers specifically enumerated in the Constitution.

Im not a tightwad, I spend a good deal of money to make sure my family does not require other peoples charity to survive.
If everyone had the same concern for their own families, we would never have to have this conversation because peoples children would have more than enough to be healthy and happy.
has nothing to do with being a tightwad, has to do with caring for ones family. and if they dont care, either do I. just as long as mine has what they need.
yes, you are a tight wad. don't try to get out of it. generous capitalists don't have a problem with it.
I guess if wanting to use what I earn to take care of my family is a tightwad in your eyes, so be it.
Personally I think that begging others to support you is somewhat of an embarrassment for the leach doing it. But to beg for something and then demand more? unreal. Ungrateful pieces of worthless shit, thats what they are.
Wish I could figure out how to hide everything that I have so I could steal from others too. My retirement would be looking really good if I was able to do that.
do you feel the same about our defense industry. even six hundred dollar hammers get more of a pass, than providing for the poor, in a general manner.

so is providing for the general welfare; that includes the poor, not just the rich.
I dont think providing for the general welfare means giving the lazy bastard free money. I suspect it has to do with making sure there is an infrastructure in place that will allow them to earn a living. Nowhere is giving free money to anyone listed in the constitution.
although, Im pretty sure that welfare is called welfare so the liberals can twist the words providing for the general welfare around.

Good.... most of them aren't worth $.01 let alone $1.

/--- I laugh when Libtards cry Gubmint Shutdown when only non essential workers are sent home. If they are non essential why have them in the first place?
With a 10% approval rating, what makes any of congress "essential", keeping in mind that there are no poor people in congress, which means the rich are responsible for all of the $19 trillion national debt.

Management was not over priced, and they made excellent choices based on the reality of the situation.....
No, they didn't. Management was simply overpriced, and Hostess would have been better off hiring illegal managers, to save on cost.
No, labor was overpriced,many the company was crushed by it despite managements best efforts...
Forget the $1 rule for politicians. How about every other year instead of the CEO getting the bonus the workers get it. Or split the profits 50% to executives 50% to workers. another $20 million they give employees the bonus?

/---- It's none of your business what companies pay their CEOs. It's not taxpayer money, Fidel.
Then don't complain workers aren't doing as well now as they used to. You sent all those high paying jobs overseas and non union companies only give profit sharing and raises to executives.

You will never make America great again for blue collar. Not like my dad who worked for Ford. He had it real good. Those days are over for blue collar. At least the low skilled ones. Those are the people trumps going to disappoint
Robots now make fords.

Welfare isn't for the "general welfare." It only benefits those who receive it. The general welfare clause refers only to the powers specifically enumerated in the Constitution.
it was called welfare for exactly the reason you are seeing. By calling it welfare, they can point to the wording in the constitution and try to claim that stealing other peoples labor is constitutional.

Trump asked for lists of the NAMES of employees...

WTF

so is he going to run background checks on career employees and if they are registered Democratic or Green Party, he's going to reduce their job position down to a $1 position?

NAMES for GOODNESS SAKE

This is not asking for the different Job positions within the energy department to see which ones you can cull to cut expenses,

this is asking for the names of the people, so they can use their government power to rid them of their jobs on their political affiliation alone, or their position on climate change alone and not the work they accomplished in a position...

THIS IS RUSSIA/PUTIN

it is what is done in a country like Russia or China or North Korea....

what the HECK is going on here?

read the last paragraph

“This is a big rule change inside there that allows people to get at places they hadn’t before,” he told reporters.

The new rule follows requests by the Trump transition team for lists of the names of employees involved in specific programs, such as Energy Department scientists who have worked on climate change.
The cons are turning back the clock with the $1 salary rule from 1876. They really hate evolution and progress.

WTF

so is he going to run background checks on career employees and if they are registered Democratic or Green Party, he's going to reduce their job position down to a $1 position?

NAMES for GOODNESS SAKE

This is not asking for the different Job positions within the energy department to see which ones you can cull to cut expenses,

this is asking for the names of the people, so they can use their government power to rid them of their jobs on their political affiliation alone, or their position on climate change alone and not the work they accomplished in a position...

THIS IS RUSSIA/PUTIN

read the last paragraph

“This is a big rule change inside there that allows people to get at places they hadn’t before,” he told reporters.

The new rule follows requests by the Trump transition team for lists of the names of employees involved in specific programs, such as Energy Department scientists who have worked on climate change.
The cons are turning back the clock with the $1 salary rule from 1876. They really hate evolution and progress.
I dont call giving out more free stuff progress.
progress would be less people collecting the free stuff and providing for themselves. Yet when ever the Americans try to create an atmosphere that will allow for this, its fought by the left.
Why is that? why is it that the left does not want the poor to be able to actually care for themselves.

Setting salaries at $1 is a backdoor way to eliminate agencies for political reasons

Want to work in the Dept of Energy?
pay is $1
We should end the drug war first. The department of energy promotes the general welfare.
No, the DOE promotes the pollution of the earth and global warming and $100 billion quarterly profits for big oil.

Unemployment about to go up to 20%.....You think your pay isn't going to go down? PFT!

Fearmongering.

The Holman Rule allows members of Congress to propose amendments to appropriations bills that target specific government employees or programs in an effort to cut spending.

It allows Congress to make much-needed changes to the way government conducts business. Leftists focus on the worst possible scenario in an attempt to scare people. Any change to the pay scale of labor in the Federal government would require majority votes in both House and Senate, and a signature by the President. Anyone who thinks that will happen has the pea brain of a troll.

WTF

NAMES for GOODNESS SAKE

THIS IS RUSSIA/PUTIN

read the last paragraph

I dont call giving out more free stuff progress.
progress would be less people collecting the free stuff and providing for themselves. Yet when ever the Americans try to create an atmosphere that will allow for this, its fought by the left.
Why is that? why is it that the left does not want the poor to be able to actually care for themselves.
One day you will learn that you never provided for yourself, and that everything you received was given to you. And your karma that you are making, dictates that you will one day become old and disabled, and will have to depend on the social benefits you begrudge others.

If Republicans do what they say they are going to shrink government agencies. Bigly. Are they not?

It's one of the things I'd like to see actually happen. Cut government in half and actually get serious about the debt
Big league....
Right! Trump might tackle the big obvious things. The debt? If he took on the debt I will love him!
taking on the debt is going to piss a whole bunch of people off. There is no way to fix it without cutting social programs. Which, I would not have any problem with at all.
If Republicans were concerned with cutting debt, they would not be slashing tax rates
That's why we are slashing tax rates....idiot liberal....
Slashing tax rates only lowers revenue for the budget, which includes interest on the debt, defense spending, infrastructure, and so many other essentials. You cut healthcare, and you get a pandemic which is a thousand times more expensive. You cut other social programs and you higher crime....imagine 40 million elderly on the streets or in prison. You're not solving any problems, only creating more problems.

taking on the debt is going to piss a whole bunch of people off. There is no way to fix it without cutting social programs. Which, I would not have any problem with at all.
Only lousy capitalists say that. Henry Ford doubled wages and realized gains from productivity.
henry raised wages because he felt that his employees should be able to afford the product they were building.
Henry Ford doubled wages and realized gains from productivity. and his labor force was more able to purchase the products they were making.
Today Walmart pays below poverty wages so employees qualify for foodstamps that they spend at Walmart.
There is not such thing as a poverty wage....that's LWNJ fascist propaganda....so....
^^^^proof that having money makes people dilutional

Right! Trump might tackle the big obvious things. The debt? If he took on the debt I will love him!
If Republicans were concerned with cutting debt, they would not be slashing tax rates
and if democrats were concerned with cutting debt they would not be implimenting things like the ACA or refusing to stop the flow of illegal leaches from South America, or increasing payments to the welfare crowd, or giving so much in foreign aid. They would instead be cutting all of these give away programs that bring no return at all.
some on the left are trying to end the drug war; does that count?
We want it won...so...pardon us, but get the fuck out of our way....thanks....
Get real. since the cons started the drug war, they've spent trillion$ on it, and there is only millions more in prison and 10,000 more drugs. That's the cons solution...morons.

It is of the general welfare of all not to maintain a peasant class begging for food

It is of the general welfare of all not to maintain a peasant class begging for food

Declining to rob Peter to pay Paul does not equate to "maintaining a peasant class."

and if democrats were concerned with cutting debt they would not be implimenting things like the ACA or refusing to stop the flow of illegal leaches from South America, or increasing payments to the welfare crowd, or giving so much in foreign aid. They would instead be cutting all of these give away programs that bring no return at all.
Let's see what Republicans do that add to the debt. We gave poor people insurance you'll give the money to defense contractors. They didn't show up to vote for free insurance so fuck it. Take it away

Republicans constituents (corporations) are who lured illegals in. Illegal employers. Let's see what you do. Let's see you cut the flow of Muslims. Hope you do
Nothing is free....that's your fatal flaw as a LWNJ....
You are right. In order to get nationalized healthcare all the masses had to do was show up and vote every two years. They didn't so take it away please. Fuck them that's all they had to do was vote. Idiots! I wanted socialized medicine I admit. Everyone else has it. Take it off our employers plate so they can compete with corporations in other countries who don't have to pay healthcare for their employees
Hopefully the rest of the uncivilized world will catch up to us and we can stop democrats from dragging us backwards...
It's the cons that are going back over a hundred years with the $1 salary rule....If you had two brain cells, you could rub them together and start a fire.

The Holman Rule, named after an Indiana congressman who devised it in 1876, empowers any member of Congress to propose amending an appropriations bill to single out a government employee or cut a specific program.
Excellent news. NO ONE should ever be granted unfettered absolute job security.
As far as unemployment is concerned. Stop wringing your hands. Government employment was never supposed to be that important.
After all, government employees are supposed to be the best and brightest. Therefore would have NO problem gaining employment in the private sector.
See how this works? Can't have it both ways.

Forum List

Back