🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

GOP revives rule allowing $1 salaries for government employees

Why blame the poor for the problems of a City within a State? Is there no commander in chief of that which is necessary to the security of a free State or county Sheriffs that can ensure law and order with the Power of the County at their disposal.

Should I make a motion to ask a Kentucky Colonel, for leadership advice.
I feel bad for people who lost their jobs and that's why they are struggling. People hurting because of no fault of their own. But what now? Republicans make a point that moving forward, people have to start living accordingly. Do you think it's OK for a poor single women to have 2-5 kids? And still you defend single poor women with 2-5 kids. Untill eventually it's acceptable for poor single women to have. 2-5 kids. It's not.
Is it acceptable to deny and disparage the poor in their privileges and immunities, simply Because they cannot afford better social justice, under any form of Capitalism?

Being poor is a choice in the USA. Don't want to be poor then get off your fat ass and work.
Paying taxes is a choice; stop whining.

Like you pay any :laugh: I pay your share, do you feel ashamed?
I am not whining about paying taxes; the rich can avoid paying personal income taxes. Only whiners complain about it.

Those who could leave Detroit and find work elsewhere did
Those who couldn't were stuck.
You are blaming the victim. It was the capitalists who used up Detroit and abandoned it
Why don't you apply the same standard to those who have lived in Appalacia for generations?
You mean your crony capitalists....democrats destroyed Detroit......
Republican hw bush and Republicans destroyed Detroit when they wrote NAFTA in order to eliminate great paying union jobs.

Remember back then even you were for NAFTA. I know because us liberals were against NAFTA. We admit Clinton sold us liberals out when he signed NAFTA.

So it's funny to hear you complain about NAFTA today. So disingenuous

Where was the one percent? Freeloading instead of creating Jobs Booms with their capital gains preference.
how exactly where the 1% free loading?
Ive seen you post that they dont pay their fair share, now they are free loading? Ive already pointed out that they pay more in taxes in just one years time than you and I combined will most likely earn in our entire lives.
So I am still having a hard time following when it is said they dont pay their fair share. Im almost embarrassed to point this out however I think it does need to be said, when you look at what the expenses are for this country, and you look at the taxes paid by individuals to meet those needs, Its you and I that are not and have not been paying our fair share. I cant afford to pay anymore and I wasnt as interested in an education to a point that would allow me to become one of the 1%, my fault.
I just really dont understand what people like you are looking for, should the rich pay it all for us while we sit back and enjoy the benefits of their tax dollar? I personally dont think that is the right answer either.
Now, I pretty much never agree with Sealybobo, however on this topic being discussed right here, I really do appreciate and respect his/her opinion. There might be hope after all.
You on the other hand seem to be having a difficult time recognizing the simple fact that where you are in life today is a direct product of the effort you put forth in the past. You, or I, can not simply sit back and expect the riches to just fall into our laps, we can not expect those that have worked to become a 1%er to give us their money so we can drive that new Bentley too.
Its out there, the question is who has the drive to get it.
I don't care if a billionaire pays more in a year than I do in a lifetime. So what? They should
yes they should, and they do. but to suggest that they are not paying their fair share is a bit of a stretch when you look at the numbers.

Why blame the poor for the problems of a City within a State? Is there no commander in chief of that which is necessary to the security of a free State or county Sheriffs that can ensure law and order with the Power of the County at their disposal.

I feel bad for people who lost their jobs and that's why they are struggling. People hurting because of no fault of their own. But what now? Republicans make a point that moving forward, people have to start living accordingly. Do you think it's OK for a poor single women to have 2-5 kids? And still you defend single poor women with 2-5 kids. Untill eventually it's acceptable for poor single women to have. 2-5 kids. It's not.
Is it acceptable to deny and disparage the poor in their privileges and immunities, simply Because they cannot afford better social justice, under any form of Capitalism?

Being poor is a choice in the USA. Don't want to be poor then get off your fat ass and work.

If you're a maker not a taker why are you complaining? The only ones still hurting from bush great recession are poorly educated blue collar. The Republicans aren't going to really help you

Republican hw bush and Republicans destroyed Detroit when they wrote NAFTA in order to eliminate great paying union jobs.

Remember back then even you were for NAFTA. I know because us liberals were against NAFTA. We admit Clinton sold us liberals out when he signed NAFTA.

Where was the one percent? Freeloading instead of creating Jobs Booms with their capital gains preference.
Ive seen you post that they dont pay their fair share, now they are free loading? Ive already pointed out that they pay more in taxes in just one years time than you and I combined will most likely earn in our entire lives.
So I am still having a hard time following when it is said they dont pay their fair share. Im almost embarrassed to point this out however I think it does need to be said, when you look at what the expenses are for this country, and you look at the taxes paid by individuals to meet those needs, Its you and I that are not and have not been paying our fair share. I cant afford to pay anymore and I wasnt as interested in an education to a point that would allow me to become one of the 1%, my fault.
I just really dont understand what people like you are looking for, should the rich pay it all for us while we sit back and enjoy the benefits of their tax dollar? I personally dont think that is the right answer either.
Now, I pretty much never agree with Sealybobo, however on this topic being discussed right here, I really do appreciate and respect his/her opinion. There might be hope after all.
You on the other hand seem to be having a difficult time recognizing the simple fact that where you are in life today is a direct product of the effort you put forth in the past. You, or I, can not simply sit back and expect the riches to just fall into our laps, we can not expect those that have worked to become a 1%er to give us their money so we can drive that new Bentley too.
I don't care if a billionaire pays more in a year than I do in a lifetime. So what? They should
yes they should, and they do. but to suggest that they are not paying their fair share is a bit of a stretch when you look at the numbers.
They pay less than they did before bush. Who says they weren't paying their fair share pre bush tax breaks. In fact us liberals would say roll back the Reagan tax cuts too.

They pay less than they did before bush. Who says they weren't paying their fair share pre bush tax breaks. In fact us liberals would say roll back the Reagan tax cuts too.
let's end our useless drug war, first.

Yes. Look at the numbers (the national debt and excessive CEO pay) and it's clear they aren't paying their fair share.

Nobles need not pay taxes.

If you're a maker not a taker why are you complaining? The only ones still hurting from bush great recession are poorly educated blue collar. The Republicans aren't going to really help you
The democrats are not going to help either.
but look at it this way, We have two parties.
The republicans count on the vote of the upper middle class into the filthy rich levels of income.
The democrats count on the vote of the unemployed all the way up to the struggling to make it middle class.
if these parties are trying to increase the voter base numbers, and they are doing it by trying to persuade the voters to change while the parties goals and expectations remain rigid, which party would you rather belong to. The one that needs you to be comfortable with your income level, or the party that needs you to be wondering how you are going to feed the family tonight?

Done. I'm Hi right now

It is of the general welfare of all not to maintain a peasant class begging for food

Declining to rob Peter to pay Paul does not equate to "maintaining a peasant class."

It is deciding how best to spend our tax revenue

Can't all go to the wealthy can it?
why not, the revenue comes mostly from them in the first place. The welfare crowd puts nothing in, why should then expect anything out?
Actually, most of our budget supports their interests
How does Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security support their interests?
Damn....that is a good question

Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security and WELFARE enables them to hire workers at wages lower than they can live on. They get to hire a workforce at low wages and have the taxpayers make up the difference. Your worker gets sick? The taxpayer will take care of them for you

Done. I'm Hi right now
California actually legalized adult use of pot.

The republicans count on the vote of the upper middle class into the filthy rich levels of income.
The democrats count on the vote of the unemployed all the way up to the struggling to make it middle class.
if these parties are trying to increase the voter base numbers, and they are doing it by trying to persuade the voters to change while the parties goals and expectations remain rigid, which party would you rather belong to. The one that needs you to be comfortable with your income level, or the party that needs you to be wondering how you are going to feed the family tonight?
All I know is they like unemployment to not get too low because then they really would have to raise wages to lure the best.

Look at athletes and actors. They get paid a lot because not a lot can do what they do.

If you have 1000 guys who will dig a ditch you can pay $10 hr. When only 100 will do that job you have to pay $20.

Republicans won't stop immigration because they don't ever want zero unemployment.

We're pretty close now

Yes. Look at the numbers (the national debt and excessive CEO pay) and it's clear they aren't paying their fair share.

actually, lets look at the national debt and divide it by the number of citizens to find out what the equal liability would be in order to cover that debt.
The rich end up paying far more than their share of that debt, while people like me end up paying much less than what my fair share is.
Why should someone be forced to pay more for the same thing simply because they earn more? should we have a national ID with a price multiplier on it for every citizen? that way when we walk into the store to buy a loaf of bread, or a TV or Car etc... we can be charged according to our income instead of being charged the price of the item.
Just think, I pay $2.00 for a loaf of bread, the guy behind me in line puts that same loaf on the counter, shows his multiplier card and the loaf rings up $27.50, then the next person, a women with 5 screaming brats puts that same loaf down, shows her card, not only does she get the bread for free, but the cashier reaches in to the drawer and pulls out a $10.00 bill and hands it to her. She the whole time stands back and complains that the two in front of her did not pay their fair share for the bread.

actually, lets look at the national debt and divide it by the number of citizens to find out what the equal liability would be in order to cover that debt.
The rich end up paying far more than their share of that debt, while people like me end up paying much less than what my fair share is.
Why should someone be forced to pay more for the same thing simply because they earn more? should we have a national ID with a price multiplier on it for every citizen? that way when we walk into the store to buy a loaf of bread, or a TV or Car etc... we can be charged according to our income instead of being charged the price of the item.
Just think, I pay $2.00 for a loaf of bread, the guy behind me in line puts that same loaf on the counter, shows his multiplier card and the loaf rings up $27.50, then the next person, a women with 5 screaming brats puts that same loaf down, shows her card, not only does she get the bread for free, but the cashier reaches in to the drawer and pulls out a $10.00 bill and hands it to her. She the whole time stands back and complains that the two in front of her did not pay their fair share for the bread.
I knew it. In other words the rich shouldn't pay any more taxes than Joe the plumber. Is that what you are driving at? It is!

All I know is they like unemployment to not get too low because then they really would have to raise wages to lure the best.

Look at athletes and actors. They get paid a lot because not a lot can do what they do.

If you have 1000 guys who will dig a ditch you can pay $10 hr. When only 100 will do that job you have to pay $20.

Republicans won't stop immigration because they don't ever want zero unemployment.

We're pretty close now
republicans wont stop immigration yet, if any means of controlling it is mentioned, the left will claim its racist, or unconstitutional and fight it every time.
I am all for going into a business and searching for the illegals, Im all for fining that company that hires them. I completely agree with not allowing them access to our schools, hospitals or social programs. I support building a wall to try to reduce the flow. of course I think a wall is going in the wrong direction, they tunnel in, that wall needs to have a 50ft deep footer to try and keep them from using the tunnels.
but, with what I think should be done, someone from the left will be right along to let me know that I am racist, I hate all brown people, I want to ship blacks to Africa, I want to see children starve or I want to break up families etc...
again, the left needs to stop complaining every time the right does something to correct an issue that the left claims the right has no interest in correcting.

So the rich shouldn't pay the taxes they pay now. They should pay what a guy who makes $50k is taxed. And the corporations shouldn't pay any taxes either.

And if you can't find a way out of poverty don't pass on that gene. I was born in Detroit in 1970 and we got out. Glad I was born. Life is good. Many black people worked at Ford in metro Detroit but they chose to stay in Detroit rather than get out. The jobs went away now their kids are stuck in Detroit. Their parents should have got out like we did.

Black people didn't want to buy a $50k home in a nice neighborhood they stayed in Detroit got a $15k house and a $35k Cadillac. Black people with money were great for the economy back then God bless them.

But did blacks with money make detroit a great place? Nope. Corruption and fatherlessness created what we have now.

Poor people, stop having kids. Wages will go up
You are blaming the victim. It was the capitalists who used up Detroit and abandoned it
Why don't you apply the same standard to those who have lived in Appalacia for generations?

The leftwing dumbasses think being rich is a gift from the government.

Last edited:
So the rich shouldn't pay the taxes they pay now. They should pay what a guy who makes $50k is taxed. And the corporations shouldn't pay any taxes either.
They should pay the same percentage as you and I pay. If they paid only for the services they actually use, they would probably pay less than we do.

Why am I liberal? Because I believe and agree with most everything you say. But since poor people don't vote they don't matter. They've shown the Republicans are right about them. Can't even be bothered to vote.

So in a perfect world I agree with you. But we lost so it is up to Republicans to prove us wrong. Their right the poor have grown comfortable in poverty and anyone in America is poor because they or their parents put them in that situation.

My parents left Greece and moved here for a better life. They worked hard and made it. Is it really impossible to get out of Detroit?

It's not a choice, dumbass. By definition, taxes are compulsory.

Why?

Forum List

Back