🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

GOP revives rule allowing $1 salaries for government employees

And if you can't find a way out of poverty don't pass on that gene. I was born in Detroit in 1970 and we got out. Glad I was born. Life is good. Many black people worked at Ford in metro Detroit but they chose to stay in Detroit rather than get out. The jobs went away now their kids are stuck in Detroit. Their parents should have got out like we did.

Black people didn't want to buy a $50k home in a nice neighborhood they stayed in Detroit got a $15k house and a $35k Cadillac. Black people with money were great for the economy back then God bless them.

But did blacks with money make detroit a great place? Nope. Corruption and fatherlessness created what we have now.

Poor people, stop having kids. Wages will go up
Those who could leave Detroit and find work elsewhere did
Those who couldn't were stuck.
You are blaming the victim. It was the capitalists who used up Detroit and abandoned it
Why don't you apply the same standard to those who have lived in Appalacia for generations?
You mean your crony capitalists....democrats destroyed Detroit......

And if you can't find a way out of poverty don't pass on that gene. I was born in Detroit in 1970 and we got out. Glad I was born. Life is good. Many black people worked at Ford in metro Detroit but they chose to stay in Detroit rather than get out. The jobs went away now their kids are stuck in Detroit. Their parents should have got out like we did.

Black people didn't want to buy a $50k home in a nice neighborhood they stayed in Detroit got a $15k house and a $35k Cadillac. Black people with money were great for the economy back then God bless them.

But did blacks with money make detroit a great place? Nope. Corruption and fatherlessness created what we have now.

You are blaming the victim. It was the capitalists who used up Detroit and abandoned it
Why don't you apply the same standard to those who have lived in Appalacia for generations?
I do. Who are the Appalachians blaming for their woes? Do their kids leave for better opportunity or do they knock up Betty Lou at 18 and keep themselves trapped in poverty.

Labor should have a choice of unemployment compensation, if they don't want to work and don't want to go on more expensive, means tested welfare.

Good citizens require goodly capital to make like goodly citizens of our republic.
Why don't you say it in plain English so we can discuss honestly and logically. I'm a liberal who's actually pretty moderate when I meet a moderate conservative.

Let me tell you the reality here. Poor peoplee make themselves poor. There was a time when this country needed bodies so it was anyones as long as they wanted to work. OK so societies built up and we have huge cities and prosperity and then recessions hit. Industries go away. I agree it is not your fault jobs left. So what do you do? Do you settle in and get used to living in impoverished conditions or do you do something about it? OK so let's say you decide to stay in the slums. Who's decision is that? You're free. You Do you. You can get a job or move. Eventually you are responsible for what you do.

Now here's the kicker. If you were hit hard and you have kids you might be fucked. But that doesn't mean your kids have to make the same mistakes you did.

If the birth rate went down corporations would start paying a wage a guy could raise a family on. They would need us to breed more. Right now they have plenty of poor saps breeding like crazy.

Poor people are screwing us all. When you are poor you have to have less kids!
Why do you believe you are liberal?

The reality is, the poor really are poor, when they make the lifestyle choices they do.

Full employment happened because of WWII.

I agree with you that Capitalism's natural rate of unemployment is not the fault of Labor, but the fault of Capitalists who maximize capital profit at the expense of human and more social, capital.

The rich get a capital gains tax preference, to make more money, by investing in our economy and ensure full employment or a growing economy. In other words, for a Jobs Boom.

If that doesn't happen the rich are no better than the poor you impugn to be only "contemptible scoundrels" who don't earn their wealth.

The Age of Corporate Welfare sounds good. Why does the fantastical right wing, have Any problems with welfare for real Persons and not artificial persons.

Equal protection of the law regarding employment at will should mean Labor can quit and collect unemployment compensation, even in Right to Work States.
Why am I liberal? Because I believe and agree with most everything you say. But since poor people don't vote they don't matter. They've shown the Republicans are right about them. Can't even be bothered to vote.

So in a perfect world I agree with you. But we lost so it is up to Republicans to prove us wrong. Their right the poor have grown comfortable in poverty and anyone in America is poor because they or their parents put them in that situation.

My parents left Greece and moved here for a better life. They worked hard and made it. Is it really impossible to get out of Detroit?
Why blame the poor for the problems of a City within a State? Is there no commander in chief of that which is necessary to the security of a free State or county Sheriffs that can ensure law and order with the Power of the County at their disposal.

Should I make a motion to ask a Kentucky Colonel, for leadership advice.
I feel bad for people who lost their jobs and that's why they are struggling. People hurting because of no fault of their own. But what now? Republicans make a point that moving forward, people have to start living accordingly. Do you think it's OK for a poor single women to have 2-5 kids? And still you defend single poor women with 2-5 kids. Untill eventually it's acceptable for poor single women to have. 2-5 kids. It's not.
Is it acceptable to deny and disparage the poor in their privileges and immunities, simply Because they cannot afford better social justice, under any form of Capitalism?

Republican hw bush and Republicans destroyed Detroit when they wrote NAFTA in order to eliminate great paying union jobs.

Remember back then even you were for NAFTA. I know because us liberals were against NAFTA. We admit Clinton sold us liberals out when he signed NAFTA.

So it's funny to hear you complain about NAFTA today. So disingenuous

Republican hw bush and Republicans destroyed Detroit when they wrote NAFTA in order to eliminate great paying union jobs.

Remember back then even you were for NAFTA. I know because us liberals were against NAFTA. We admit Clinton sold us liberals out when he signed NAFTA.

No child....

Labor should have a choice of unemployment compensation, if they don't want to work and don't want to go on more expensive, means tested welfare.
I would love labor law reform that more protects workers. I've worked for bad companies. A lot of bad companies but it looks bad on me that I left? I have to explain why my former employer sucked?

The only way to fix this is for corporations to start valuing workers more. They won't as long as the market is flooded with cheap labor.

Think what if the population was cut in half. We'd be sitting on barrels of cheap oil.

Where was the one percent? Freeloading instead of creating Jobs Booms with their capital gains preference.

I would love labor law reform that more protects workers. I've worked for bad companies. A lot of bad companies but it looks bad on me that I left? I have to explain why my former employer sucked?

The only way to fix this is for corporations to start valuing workers more. They won't as long as the market is flooded with cheap labor.

Think what if the population was cut in half. We'd be sitting on barrels of cheap oil.
with equal protection of the law it would not matter since employment is at the will of either party. otherwise, Labor would have to ask about any turnover issues.

I would like to take this moment to say that I personally, was fully supporting that crazy little bastard that kept warning us about the huge sucking sound that we would hear as the jobs rushed out of the country if NAFTA was signed.
I voted for him. This is one conservative that can see through the bullshit of the party and is more than willing to jump ship at any moment. I might be conservative, but the republican party damn sure does not own me. (actually Im not a registered republican any way)

Why don't you say it in plain English so we can discuss honestly and logically. I'm a liberal who's actually pretty moderate when I meet a moderate conservative.

Let me tell you the reality here. Poor peoplee make themselves poor. There was a time when this country needed bodies so it was anyones as long as they wanted to work. OK so societies built up and we have huge cities and prosperity and then recessions hit. Industries go away. I agree it is not your fault jobs left. So what do you do? Do you settle in and get used to living in impoverished conditions or do you do something about it? OK so let's say you decide to stay in the slums. Who's decision is that? You're free. You Do you. You can get a job or move. Eventually you are responsible for what you do.

Now here's the kicker. If you were hit hard and you have kids you might be fucked. But that doesn't mean your kids have to make the same mistakes you did.

If the birth rate went down corporations would start paying a wage a guy could raise a family on. They would need us to breed more. Right now they have plenty of poor saps breeding like crazy.

Poor people are screwing us all. When you are poor you have to have less kids!

The reality is, the poor really are poor, when they make the lifestyle choices they do.

I agree with you that Capitalism's natural rate of unemployment is not the fault of Labor, but the fault of Capitalists who maximize capital profit at the expense of human and more social, capital.

The rich get a capital gains tax preference, to make more money, by investing in our economy and ensure full employment or a growing economy. In other words, for a Jobs Boom.

If that doesn't happen the rich are no better than the poor you impugn to be only "contemptible scoundrels" who don't earn their wealth.

The Age of Corporate Welfare sounds good. Why does the fantastical right wing, have Any problems with welfare for real Persons and not artificial persons.

Equal protection of the law regarding employment at will should mean Labor can quit and collect unemployment compensation, even in Right to Work States.
Why am I liberal? Because I believe and agree with most everything you say. But since poor people don't vote they don't matter. They've shown the Republicans are right about them. Can't even be bothered to vote.

So in a perfect world I agree with you. But we lost so it is up to Republicans to prove us wrong. Their right the poor have grown comfortable in poverty and anyone in America is poor because they or their parents put them in that situation.

My parents left Greece and moved here for a better life. They worked hard and made it. Is it really impossible to get out of Detroit?
Why blame the poor for the problems of a City within a State? Is there no commander in chief of that which is necessary to the security of a free State or county Sheriffs that can ensure law and order with the Power of the County at their disposal.

I feel bad for people who lost their jobs and that's why they are struggling. People hurting because of no fault of their own. But what now? Republicans make a point that moving forward, people have to start living accordingly. Do you think it's OK for a poor single women to have 2-5 kids? And still you defend single poor women with 2-5 kids. Untill eventually it's acceptable for poor single women to have. 2-5 kids. It's not.
Is it acceptable to deny and disparage the poor in their privileges and immunities, simply Because they cannot afford better social justice, under any form of Capitalism?

Being poor is a choice in the USA. Don't want to be poor then get off your fat ass and work.

I would like to take this moment to say that I personally, was fully supporting that crazy little bastard that kept warning us about the huge sucking sound that we would hear as the jobs rushed out of the country if NAFTA was signed.
I voted for him. This is one conservative that can see through the bullshit of the party and is more than willing to jump ship at any moment. I might be conservative, but the republican party damn sure does not own me. (actually Im not a registered republican any way)
Far too many people equate Republican with conservative. Over the past 20 years, the GOP has decidedly moved away from conservative.

Welfare isn't for the "general welfare." It only benefits those who receive it. The general welfare clause refers only to the powers specifically enumerated in the Constitution.
It is of the general welfare of all not to maintain a peasant class begging for food

Declining to rob Peter to pay Paul does not equate to "maintaining a peasant class."

It is deciding how best to spend our tax revenue

Can't all go to the wealthy can it?
why not, the revenue comes mostly from them in the first place. The welfare crowd puts nothing in, why should then expect anything out?
Actually, most of our budget supports their interests
How does Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security support their interests?

Here is a better idea. Start your own business and don't worry about having an employer you have to explain yourself to, or anyone else. Or is taking a risk too much to ask of you? You don't seem to have the problem of asking it of them.

Where was the one percent? Freeloading instead of creating Jobs Booms with their capital gains preference.
How were they "freeloading?"

how exactly where the 1% free loading?
Ive seen you post that they dont pay their fair share, now they are free loading? Ive already pointed out that they pay more in taxes in just one years time than you and I combined will most likely earn in our entire lives.
So I am still having a hard time following when it is said they dont pay their fair share. Im almost embarrassed to point this out however I think it does need to be said, when you look at what the expenses are for this country, and you look at the taxes paid by individuals to meet those needs, Its you and I that are not and have not been paying our fair share. I cant afford to pay anymore and I wasnt as interested in an education to a point that would allow me to become one of the 1%, my fault.
I just really dont understand what people like you are looking for, should the rich pay it all for us while we sit back and enjoy the benefits of their tax dollar? I personally dont think that is the right answer either.
Now, I pretty much never agree with Sealybobo, however on this topic being discussed right here, I really do appreciate and respect his/her opinion. There might be hope after all.
You on the other hand seem to be having a difficult time recognizing the simple fact that where you are in life today is a direct product of the effort you put forth in the past. You, or I, can not simply sit back and expect the riches to just fall into our laps, we can not expect those that have worked to become a 1%er to give us their money so we can drive that new Bentley too.
Its out there, the question is who has the drive to get it.

Knowing this is the system we live in are you going to have more kids or less?

Back in the 70s my mom got fixed so she wouldn't have more kids. Her and my dad would have loved to have more than 2 kids but they wanted to be able to retire and they could only afford two. They would have loved to have had a 3rd or 4th kid

Being poor is a choice in the USA. Don't want to be poor then get off your fat ass and work.
Paying taxes is a choice; stop whining.

how exactly where the 1% free loading?
Ive seen you post that they dont pay their fair share, now they are free loading? Ive already pointed out that they pay more in taxes in just one years time than you and I combined will most likely earn in our entire lives.
So I am still having a hard time following when it is said they dont pay their fair share. Im almost embarrassed to point this out however I think it does need to be said, when you look at what the expenses are for this country, and you look at the taxes paid by individuals to meet those needs, Its you and I that are not and have not been paying our fair share. I cant afford to pay anymore and I wasnt as interested in an education to a point that would allow me to become one of the 1%, my fault.
I just really dont understand what people like you are looking for, should the rich pay it all for us while we sit back and enjoy the benefits of their tax dollar? I personally dont think that is the right answer either.
Now, I pretty much never agree with Sealybobo, however on this topic being discussed right here, I really do appreciate and respect his/her opinion. There might be hope after all.
You on the other hand seem to be having a difficult time recognizing the simple fact that where you are in life today is a direct product of the effort you put forth in the past. You, or I, can not simply sit back and expect the riches to just fall into our laps, we can not expect those that have worked to become a 1%er to give us their money so we can drive that new Bentley too.
Its out there, the question is who has the drive to get it.
I don't care if a billionaire pays more in a year than I do in a lifetime. So what? They should

Paying taxes is a choice; stop whining.

Like you pay any :laugh: I pay your share, do you feel ashamed?

Forum List

Back