GOP’s tough love isn’t inspiring the unemployed

kidrocks

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
Ha! Take that you conservative elitists.

GOP's tough love isn't inspiring the unemployed | MSNBC

In sum, the GOP’s tough-love stimulus of allowing long-term UI benefits to expire has produced no detectable effect on employment, or improvement of any other kind, for the long-term unemployed. We can allow this cruel experiment to continue, but the only group likely to benefit would be congressional Democrats eager to use UI benefit cancellation against the Republicans in the next midterm election. A better solution would be to restore long-term UI benefits to the two million people (including 200,000 veterans) who’ve lost them.

Summer of Recovery part vii

Sent from my Chinese Supercomputer made from XBox parts Bush sent to China

omg, the leeches to government screeching and wailing...Unemployment benefits wasn't set up to be used this way,but now they have created another class of whiners who expects US TAXPAYER to support them..

PMSmbc= pathetic reporting and just plain ole garbage for shit stirring for the Democrat party

The sooner Republican party can get over their fears of losing their job and think of those who have the better. When the Republicans do lose their jobs it will be a fault of their own.

Oh my the far left MSNBC said it so it must be the truth.

Oh my!

But it would be the truth if MSNBC came out and said that statistics showed that the tough-love showed by the GOP inspired the unemployed to find work. Then, and only then would the report by MSNBC be a-ok with the far right. Conservatives would point to that report by the very liberal MSNBC... so it must be true.

They do it all the time.

The sooner Republican party can get over their fears of losing their job and think of those who have the better. When the Republicans do lose their jobs it will be a fault of their own.

what? do you post just see yourself post?:cuckoo:

omg, the leeches to government screeching and wailing...Unemployment benefits wasn't set up to be used this way,but now they have created another class of whiners who expects US TAXPAYER to support them..

PMSmbc= pathetic reporting and just plain ole garbage for shit stirring for the Democrat party

2 million Americans are leeches? They are sucking the blood of America? They want to grow America. You would deny them a little help to that ends because why? Is it anything out of your pocket? No, it is not. It would actually grow the economy. So why do you do it? I would honestly like you to explain this to me. If you are doing it because you don't like Democrats that is pretty messed up. You would have 2 million Americans suffer because you don't like a political party. Beautiful man, just beautiful.

In sum, the GOP’s tough-love stimulus of allowing long-term UI benefits to expire has produced no detectable effect on employment, or improvement of any other kind, for the long-term unemployed. We can allow this cruel experiment to continue, but the only group likely to benefit would be congressional Democrats eager to use UI benefit cancellation against the Republicans in the next midterm election. A better solution would be to restore long-term UI benefits to the two million people (including 200,000 veterans) who’ve lost them.

You get em hungry enough they'll work. ....or die. Either way it saves the tax payer money.

Oh my the far left MSNBC said it so it must be the truth.

Oh my!

But it would be the truth if MSNBC came out and said that statistics showed that the tough-love showed by the GOP inspired the unemployed to find work. Then, and only then would the report by MSNBC be a-ok with the far right. Conservatives would point to that report by the very liberal MSNBC... so it must be true.

They do it all the time.

So the known far left mouth piece for Obama and the DNC claims it to be true? This thread proves what I post, "far left propaganda".

Don't want to be called on it, then don't post here.

2 million Americans are leeches? They are sucking the blood of America? They want to grow America. You would deny them a little help to that ends because why? Is it anything out of your pocket? No, it is not. It would actually grow the economy. So why do you do it? I would honestly like you to explain this to me. If you are doing it because you don't like Democrats that is pretty messed up. You would have 2 million Americans suffer because you don't like a political party. Beautiful man, just beautiful.

More far left propaganda.

You get em hungry enough they'll work. ....or die. Either way it saves the tax payer money.

As sick as that is it must be the way the Republicans think. There is no other way to explain their actions except for that one could give the poor money to help them get a job but then the poor, but employed, might not vote Republican. Because of the second they are willing to risk the first?

The tea party model is that of the lower class in China or India. Sucks if you're not successful!

wow, and people like you who stands with the Democrat party model, is nasty and just plain hateful

I thought liberals were praising Obama for a much improved economy, touting low unemployment figures with all those added private sector jobs the stimulus was "supposedly" responsible for? Take away the Federal Unemployment Extensions, and the Democrats complain of all those unemployed that struggle so hard to find work in this country. This to also include those THOUSANDS of our military men and women who are getting booted out through the TERA early retirement program as part of this President's budget cuts to the Pentagon. It would appear the liberal Democrats can't make up their minds which way this economy is headed under this administration.

Thousands of airmen to get booted out of the Air Force - and nearly 1,000 civilians | Delaware Defense

As sick as that is it must be the way the Republicans think. There is no other way to explain their actions except for that one could give the poor money to help them get a job but then the poor, but employed, might not vote Republican. Because of the second they are willing to risk the first?

Far left propaganda!

oh please spare us your high and mighty observations ....

WE already give and take of the poor, I've been doing it now for 40 years of my working life

you need to shoot that high horsey of yours

as for Unemployment benefits that is a STATE THING...only now have the Democrats called for extending them off TAXPAYERS backs FOR TWO FRIKKEN already

zzzzzzzz

Last edited:

Forum List

Back