GOP Sen. Mike Braun Says Interracial Marriage Should Be Left To The States, backtracks

Really? How much time have you spent arguing cases in Federal Court? maybe you should stick to topics that you know something about. Oh, I forgot. There aren't any
Judges in state court do the same thing as judges in federal court. In 35 years I've argued thousands of cases before judges. I've known judges. Judges are friends of mine. Judges decide cases and administer justice. They do not strike a balance between the parties. That's ridiculous.

Judges in state court do the same thing as judges in federal court. In 35 years I've argued thousands of cases before judges. I've known judges. Judges are friends of mine. Judges decide cases and administer justice. They do not strike a balance between the parties. That's ridiculous.
So you're a lawyer? Defense or prosecution? How many cases have you been involved in where one side or the other got exactly what they wanted?

By the way, we are off topic here Congratulations on having derailed the thread. Interesting how you got into this Brown -Jackson thing while abandoning your nonsense about interracial marriage and fair faith and credit

I already said. If interracial marriage were left to the states it would become the national law through the full faith and credit clause of the constitution. It wouldn't matter if a state had a law against it. Marriages entered into in other states would have to be recognized as valid.

Dumbest answer ever. Every person should have the same right to many any consenting adult they wish to marry, in every single state of the union.

This idea that you can do something in one state that is illegal in another is the dumbest things possible, and makes it impossible to uphold the Bill of Rights.

When you country was constituted, the cultural and climate differences in various regions meant different states lived quit differently than others. That was 250 years ago. Things are quite different today. Basic rights should be the same nation wide.

Sure you did, Pussy. Your use of language says otherwise.

So you're a lawyer? Defense or prosecution? How many cases have you been involved in where one side or the other got exactly what they wanted?

By the way, we are off topic here Congratulations on having derailed the thread. Interesting how you got into this Brown -Jackson thing while abandoning your nonsense about interracial marriage and fair faith and credit
What is my nonsense about interracial Marriage. Last time I reviewed this thread my nonsense was that if marriage is legal in one state it is legal in all states. Incidentally, the basis for both the Loving decision and the Obergefell decision. Interracial marriage as well as same sex marriage is a constitutional right. When people marry cocker spaniels that will be legal too.

To answer your question, I was an attorney for 35 years and am now retired. I started out in criminal defense with a sub specialty in death penalty cases. I have practiced personal injury and family law. It was enough to leave me with a serious dislike of humanity in general and a towering hatred of democrats, the liberal and the woke.

Jackson is getting pretty close with her sympathetic attitude and kid glove treatment of pedophiles
Weird, since the experts say her sentencing is right in line with the national norms and averages.

It's almost as of you slurped up a white wing blog from a paid liar who butters his bread with your ignorance and hate and know nothing about anything about this.

Almost.

Dumbest answer ever. Every person should have the same right to many any consenting adult they wish to marry, in every single state of the union.

This idea that you can do something in one state that is illegal in another is the dumbest things possible, and makes it impossible to uphold the Bill of Rights.

When you country was constituted, the cultural and climate differences in various regions meant different states lived quit differently than others. That was 250 years ago. Things are quite different today. Basic rights should be the same nation wide.
Yes indeed. NOW marriage that is legal in one state is legal in all states because the constitutionality was decided by the Supreme Court. Marriage between a 16 year old and a 25 year old isn't legal in every state. But, if an underage person marries in a state where it's legal and moves to a state where it is not, you can bet they are still married.

Literally millions of things legal in one state can be illegal in another state. Speed limits are different even in neighboring states.

What is my nonsense about interracial Marriage. Last time I reviewed this thread my nonsense was that if marriage is legal in one state it is legal in all states.
And I demonstrated how that is not true. If it were we would not have had the long protracted legal fight all the way up to SCOTUS on gay marriage. You may have legal experience but I think your views are clouded by your prejudices

. When people marry cocker spaniels that will be legal too.
Let us know when someone sues to marry a dog citing the Obergefell and Loving Decisions. Interspecies marriage is not recognized and I'm will to bet that if such exclusionary laws were to be challenged, the state would not have much difficulty in proving a compelling government interest in maintaining that ban.

Forum List

Back