GOP senators would back Trump as Republican nominee

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Boy, I guess signing that pledge has worked well for The Donald!

Republican senators, the heart of the GOP establishment, will support Donald Trump if he wins the nomination for president, even though they’re not thrilled at the prospect.

Trump has become a headache for Republican leaders in Washington, who question his electability but won’t criticize him publicly, because he’s popular with the base and they fear he may wage a third-party bid.

Still, even GOP senators who have been at the wrong end of the Republican front-runner’s barbs say they’ll back him if he becomes their nominee.
“It’s hard to predict because a lot of things happen between now and then, but I certainly would support the nominee, no matter who it is,” said Sen. John McCain (Ariz.), the 2008 GOP nominee whose war record and imprisonment in Vietnam were mocked over the summer by Trump.

“I can’t see myself saying a Democratic candidate would be better for the country,” said Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Republicans for much of the summer have been more worried about whether Trump would back the party’s nominee......

GOP senators would back Trump as Republican nominee

"GOP senators would back Trump as Republican nominee"

Which makes sense given they were sent to Washington by the same rightwing nitwits who want to see Trump as president.

"GOP senators would back Trump as Republican nominee"

Which makes sense given they were sent to Washington by the same rightwing nitwits who want to see Trump as president.

Up late cleaning the toilets over at the jail, I see!...Get back to work and get off the gov'ts computer!

Forum List

Back