🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

GOP: Unconscionable that anyone would use blatant race-baiting for political gain.

R

rdean

Tweets on Elaine Chao: 'They will not get away with attacking my wife,' Mitch McConnell says - NBC Politics

WINCHESTER, Ky. -- Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell lambasted a liberal group on Saturday for criticizing the Asian heritage of his wife, former Labor Secretary Elaine Chao, calling its Twitter messages "racial slurs" and "the ultimate outrage."

"They will not get away with attacking my wife in this campaign," McConnell told about 100 home-state supporters at a Republican dinner in Winchester.

"This woman has the ear of @McConnellPress — she's his #wife," the group Kentucky Progress tweeted on Feb. 14. "May explain why your job moved to #China!"

-------------------------------------------------------
I came across this quote and thought it was pretty damn funny.

For his part, Paul once complained in a hearing that it was unfair that women could get abortions when his toilet didn’t flush to his satisfaction.

--------------------------------------------------------

Go ahead, keep attacking Ashley Judd

What’s clear is that the people attacking her will be defining themselves along with Judd. The optics of a bunch of good old boys ganging up on a local girl done good, one who loves University of Kentucky basketball and who is, to borrow Paul’s term, quite “articulate,” will have national reverberations. Even if the women and men of Kentucky don’t rise up to elect her, the women across the country who recoiled at Republicans last year will be paying attention. No wonder Planned Parenthood is targeting McConnell for his opposition to expanding insurance coverage of birth control and voting against equal pay. (What, no mention of his vote against the Violence Against Women Act?)
----------------------------------------------------------

Attacking Americans for "not being one of us", the way Republicans attack the Obama family doesn't seem, well, very "American. But it's especially ironic when a Republican who uses that tactic has it used against him.

Forum List

Back