GOP using deception in fake political ads

You are engaged in filibabble, Yurt.

Now stop blabbing, and admit that my statement is correct: "Don't be a stupid far right reactionary, for once: all reaction, no traction. It's deception. Parties have always done it."

Produce the site if you wish to rebut; that's your responsibility, not mine.

You are so easy to toy with.

Last edited:

All parties have done this since the election of 1800.

Grow up.

jakestarkey refuses to cite the ad he claims the gop is using that is fake.

he claims that me asking him to back it up is filobabble or whatever baby gurgle language he is using.

he admits the OP is true and then when asked to support his claim...he just ad homs and claims that it is up to me to prove the OP is false. you're a tool jake. you make a claim and then demand the other person prove you're wrong. sorry bub, it doesn't work that way.

Here's a clue....."republicans using fake websites" is the report by FORBES, a con rag.

As I was reading your OP, and skimming the article, I was agreeing with you that they are scum, but then at the bottom of the article it displays the website the words "help defeat Alex Sink" very clearly displayed. and the bottom of the page clearly states that it is a Republican site.

This doctor is at fault because he didn't read the site at all.

It's called cyber crime and it is illegal. The US government has a whole agency department for it.

And what – SPECIFICALLY – is criminal about clearly stating that you are raising funds to defeat a democrat candidate and then providing the ability to do so?

Please tell us how that is fraudulent.
(by the way – the purpose of the funds was NOT a disclaimer but rather in the fucking title)

Grow up.

he claims that me asking him to back it up is filobabble or whatever baby gurgle language he is using.

he admits the OP is true and then when asked to support his claim...he just ad homs and claims that it is up to me to prove the OP is false. you're a tool jake. you make a claim and then demand the other person prove you're wrong. sorry bub, it doesn't work that way.

I quoted the OP, not the ad, you moron.

I have made no admission about the add, you moron.

I then said all parties do it and have since 1800.

Now admit you are a moron and a filibabbler.

It's not an ad hom when it is pointed out a fool like you acts like a fool.

You are, again, acting like a fool.

Last edited:
Here's a clue....."republicans using fake websites" is the report by FORBES, a con rag.

As I was reading your OP, and skimming the article, I was agreeing with you that they are scum, but then at the bottom of the article it displays the website the words "help defeat Alex Sink" very clearly displayed. and the bottom of the page clearly states that it is a Republican site.

This doctor is at fault because he didn't read the site at all.

It's called cyber crime and it is illegal. The US government has a whole agency department for it.

Yep, and if they actually prosecuted politicians that raised money with lies there would be virtually no politicians left. Especially commiecrats.

Grow up.

oh good, you admit you didn't even verify the OP was true

thanks

i knew it

thanks

i knew it

So you lied saying I to admitted something that I did not even address? You are a fool.

So you lied yet again, Yurt.

My point was that all parties do it.

I am glad you admitted that you lied.

Last edited:
The cons are so desperate this year, they're using fake political websites to try to deceive democrat voters. This one is going to come back to bite them in the ass.

Republicans Using Fake Websites To Trick Donors Is Just The Start

Ray Bellamy, a doctor based in Florida, decided that he wanted to make a donation in a local congressional race. He began by Googling the Democratic candidate’s name, “Alex Sink.” He then clicked on one of the first results that popped up. A page loaded that that had the candidate’s typical designs, color schemes, and even a large photo of her talking to constituents. Not thinking anything of it he entered his financial information and hit submit. What he didn’t notice was the small print at the bottom of the screen.

He was then notified that his donation had actually gone to her opponent – as he explained to Tampa Bay Times, he had been the victim of an elaborate scheme by National Republican Congressional Committee to trick voters into donating money to the wrong party.

Republicans Using Fake Websites To Trick Donors Is Just The Start - Forbes

The GOP has finally decided to borrow from the Dem playbook... :)

ah, another liberal who can't link to facts

Vote for Republicans

let's see....we have liberals claiming republicans are putting up fake sites....yet no liberal can actually give a link to the site.

see, in the other two threads about this same subject, there was a link to the actual site and it was clear as day it was not fake or fraudulent. in fact, after copying the information, a lliberal admitted it did not rise to fraud.

i believe this thread is bullshit and that is why no liberals will link to this supposed site.

Here is another link to an article explaining the problem:
Republicans set up decoy websites to divert donations from Democratic candidates

See, the problem is not whether or not you think it easy to understand, whether you think it is clearly stated as to what the site is saying, it is whether anyone finds the site misleading, whether they give money under false perceptions, and whether the site was designed with that specific goal in mind. I think the answer to that question is pretty obvious but I am not a legal expert. We have plenty of legal experts however to examine the issue and it is a dereliction of duty if they do not.

The cons are so desperate this year, they're using fake political websites to try to deceive democrat voters. This one is going to come back to bite them in the ass.

Republicans Using Fake Websites To Trick Donors Is Just The Start

Ray Bellamy, a doctor based in Florida, decided that he wanted to make a donation in a local congressional race. He began by Googling the Democratic candidate’s name, “Alex Sink.” He then clicked on one of the first results that popped up. A page loaded that that had the candidate’s typical designs, color schemes, and even a large photo of her talking to constituents. Not thinking anything of it he entered his financial information and hit submit. What he didn’t notice was the small print at the bottom of the screen.

He was then notified that his donation had actually gone to her opponent – as he explained to Tampa Bay Times, he had been the victim of an elaborate scheme by National Republican Congressional Committee to trick voters into donating money to the wrong party.

Republicans Using Fake Websites To Trick Donors Is Just The Start - Forbes

Oh please. Hey genius. If one is stupid enough to not read carefully before hitting the "send" button, it is their fault.
Or did the magic little gremlin push the send button for this pathetic schlub.

Is obtaining money on the internet under false pretenses a federal crime?

Their message of cutting the shit out of everything the American people enjoy and spending on nations on the other side of the planet....Well, what can I say? Is just stupid.

"Cutting the shit out of everything the American people enjoy".
Excuse me? WTF is THAT supposed to mean?

The worst part of all – besides the blatant deception and malice for the electorate – is that fact that since it has been exposed, the NRCC has*stated*that they are “very proud of the program” and have promised to expand it. It seems they can’t even be shamed into stopping their borderline fraud.

There is nothing borderline about it.

A page loaded that that had the candidate’s typical designs, color schemes, and even a large photo of her talking to constituents.*

This page is designed specially to trick the person who is visiting the site that it is something that it is not and to acquire money under false pretenses. For some reason I thought that was the definition of fraud.

If one is unable to read and think for themselves and pushes the button, they lose the right to come back and scream DO OVER! NO FAIR!

One of the reasons I feel so strongly about this matter is I have designed and built a website or two in my day. I realize how easy it is to think a user will know how to use a site only to see a very computer literate individual stare at the screen not knowing which items are links or just pictures. Colors, patterns, fonts, use of white space, placement of relevant information and extra information all need to be thoughtful considered. I really doubt these sites were built without any consideration to the presentation of information. If one person goes to site to see why it is fake they will instantly see the reasons it is. If they go to the site thinking they have gone to a legitimate site they will see what they are looking for, do what they came to do, and get back to whatever they were doing. If someone came to the site because they just heard something that really pissed them off but they are in the middle of something they will Google the candidate, go to the site of the candidate, give $50, and go back to what they were doing. If a website was specifically designed to pervert that process it is fraud and is a criminal offense.

Yup. It's specifically designed to trick stupid people. Dems have a lot of them.

Nothing quite like a rightie to defend the unethical and illegal in the name of self-gain.

Prove the illegality and unethical?
Which laws were broken? Where is the alleged trickery?

First I need to determine your ability to understand and absorb new information. Please take this little test and tell me your score: Are you a moron???????

thanks

i knew it

So you lied saying I to admitted something that I did not even address? You are a fool.

So you lied yet again, Yurt.

My point was that all parties do it.

I am glad you admitted that you lied.

^^^^ Yurt, you can't hide.

Forum List

Back