Gop wants to reduce what private insurance covers and the dims want to end private insurance.

How in the world can the GOP "reduce what private insurance covers"? The whole A.P. story is a pathetic effort to give democrats aid and comfort and something, anything to hold on to in 2020 after they ...sniff...sniff failed in their effort to overturn the election

You end obamacare and it gets rid of many protections and coverages. You never did know anything about the ACA did you?

What protections and coverages? If you cannot afford the high premiums and huge deductibles, what difference do those mean?
Pre=existing condution eliminated
Caps eliminated
You can't have your policy cancelled just because you get sick
Free certain diagnostics & checkups.

Under the ACA & The exchanges, the most you pay is 9 1/2% of your household income .

You don't know shit about health insurance because as a teacher (as you claim) you had excellent health insurance. You never had to buy it as an individual, or small business owner, you never had to worry about pre-existing conditions.

So really, shut the fuck up.

Really?

All of those things you mentioned did not exist prior to Obamacare for those with employee sponsored health coverage.

I did not have "excellent health insurance" considering the shift from my coverage pre-ObamaCare to afterward. Our premiums skyrocketed under Obama Care so much that I started paying a couple of hundred a month more for my share of the premium AFTER it took effect. Now, why do you suppose that happened?

There were no caps, no pre-existing conditions as long as you maintained your coverage, and those free diagnostics and checkups were smoke and mirrors in reality. My "free" diagnostic colonoscopy was $3000 out of my pocket, yet according to ObamaCare it was "free".

Guess what I did before becoming a teacher? I handled employee benefits for AT&T, so I probably forgot more about health insurance that you will ever know. Your own ignorance is on display in every post you have made in this thread. You couldn't fall out of a boat and hit water!

The decision to cover or not to cover should be at the discretion of the insurance companies

Minimum coverages are set to protect the consumer.

Yes, I definitely need to be protected from the "horrors" of having a health care plan that doesn't cover prostate exams or birth control. What would I, a 50-year-old woman, do without those "essential" coverages in my life? And how could anyone POSSIBLY assume I'm intelligent enough to decide for myself what I do and don't need, simply because I'm an adult who looks after herself on everything else in my life?

prostate exams were covered before obamacare and again I guess I should say depending on what insurance company and state.

Remember the great ObamaCare benefit of paying for colonoscopies? I paid over $3000 out of pocket for my "covered" colonoscopy. Prior to ObamaCare, it would have covered at 90% under my company provided health insurance. How did ObamaCare help that situation?

Being such a big asshole I would have expected you would have been given a discount [lol]. But, I digress. A colonoscopy is preventative medicine, and ought to be free, since not having early detection the cost will be much expensive if cancer is diagnosed years later.

I have Kaiser, and there was no cost for my colonoscopy., no cost for my annual physical and no cost for labs.

A colonoscopy is preventative medicine, and ought to be free, since not having early detection the cost will be much expensive if cancer is diagnosed years later.

Maybe you could go into business providing free colonoscopies!

A colonoscopy is preventative medicine, and ought to be free, since not having early detection the cost will be much expensive if cancer is diagnosed years later.

Idiot-gram ^^^. Maybe you ought to stfu if you have nothing substantive, thoughtful or thought provoking.

I'm not a Republican, and I despise Trump - but if he and the Republicans can reverse the 100 year campaign to socialize health care, they might just get my vote.

But I'm not holding my breath. For most of them, it's just bluster. They like power every bit as much as the Democrats.
There is no effort to socialize health care. You evidently have no clue what that means.

With single payer you get healthcare from the private doctors of your choice at private facilities.

Except for the fact that the single-payer determines what the amount paid for said coverage is. Why would anyone want to go to medical school and sacrifice all they do in order to be poor?

Because insurance companies don't set what doctors get paid?

Didn't you ever look at your bill from the doctor?

Doctor fees: $1500.00
Insurance pays $450.00

That's done deliberately, because the insurance companies routinely pay a percentage of the actual bill. The hospital/doctor inflates the price to drive the actual payment up to about the real cost. Take a good look at the bill and you'll usually see an adjustment or something that is a write off of most of the bill.

And if you're not insured, you can usually bargain with the doctor to pay the actual prices, and rather than the inflated price they charge insured customers. I went without health insurance for years, even while raising my two sons, and I got pretty good at cutting these kinds of deals.
Wow, how naive can you get.

Idiot-gram ^^^. Maybe you ought to stfu if you have nothing substantive, thoughtful or thought provoking.

My comment certainly provoked you. ;)

And it makes an important point you'd rather not deal with.

And if you're not insured, you can usually bargain with the doctor to pay the actual prices, and rather than the inflated price they charge insured customers. I went without health insurance for years, even while raising my two sons, and I got pretty good at cutting these kinds of deals.
Naive enough to not believe the insurance salesmen. It's mostly a scam.

Our country need a "come to Jesus" moment - we need to face the reality that, in the end, insurance makes health care less affordable for everyone. It's a kind of pyramid scam that undermines markets and drives prices higher and higher. We're better off paying for as much of our own health care as we can possibly afford.
That moment is single payer See we agree.

Nope. We don't agree. Single payer is even worse. It's still insurance. But instead of a handful of corporate giants running things, it reduces it to one, and forces us to pay premiums (in the form of taxes) whether we want to or not. It's hard to see that as a win.
You do realize that a $50k hospital bill will bankrupt over half of all Americans, right? Keel over & get major heart surgery and you just whip out that credit card to pay that $400K bill. You are being ridiculous,

And what kind of father risks their kid's well being by not carrying health insutrance? Really?

There is no effort to socialize health care. You evidently have no clue what that means.

With single payer you get healthcare from the private doctors of your choice at private facilities.

Except for the fact that the single-payer determines what the amount paid for said coverage is. Why would anyone want to go to medical school and sacrifice all they do in order to be poor?

Insurance pays $450.00

That's done deliberately, because the insurance companies routinely pay a percentage of the actual bill. The hospital/doctor inflates the price to drive the actual payment up to about the real cost. Take a good look at the bill and you'll usually see an adjustment or something that is a write off of most of the bill.

Why is it naive? Your calling it that ensures that you are clueless. I gave an example earlier how that I get my tests cheaper if I do not go through my insurance.

I didn't need a salesman to know the value of health insurance. You had children & could have had a heart attack putting your family in the street So really, you are that stupid.

I'm not a Republican, and I despise Trump - but if he and the Republicans can reverse the 100 year campaign to socialize health care, they might just get my vote.

But I'm not holding my breath. For most of them, it's just bluster. They like power every bit as much as the Democrats.

Insurance pays $450.00

Doctors do like avoiding insurance companies if they can.

The decision to cover or not to cover should be at the discretion of the insurance companies

Yes, I definitely need to be protected from the "horrors" of having a health care plan that doesn't cover prostate exams or birth control. What would I, a 50-year-old woman, do without those "essential" coverages in my life? And how could anyone POSSIBLY assume I'm intelligent enough to decide for myself what I do and don't need, simply because I'm an adult who looks after herself on everything else in my life?

prostate exams were covered before obamacare and again I guess I should say depending on what insurance company and state.

Remember the great ObamaCare benefit of paying for colonoscopies? I paid over $3000 out of pocket for my "covered" colonoscopy. Prior to ObamaCare, it would have covered at 90% under my company provided health insurance. How did ObamaCare help that situation?

Being such a big asshole I would have expected you would have been given a discount [lol]. But, I digress. A colonoscopy is preventative medicine, and ought to be free, since not having early detection the cost will be much expensive if cancer is diagnosed years later.

I have Kaiser, and there was no cost for my colonoscopy., no cost for my annual physical and no cost for labs.
Why should it be free? resources are used to perform those......I know you hate paying for goods and services, but that's how the country works. If you want to afford shit, stop going to school for a useless degree and take ownership of your own life and make it happen.

Insurance pays $450.00

Why is it naive? Your calling it that ensures that you are clueless. I gave an example earlier how that I get my tests cheaper if I do not go through my insurance.
Because it is naive to forego insurance thinking you can always cut some sort of deal.

Our country need a "come to Jesus" moment - we need to face the reality that, in the end, insurance makes health care less affordable for everyone. It's a kind of pyramid scam that undermines markets and drives prices higher and higher. We're better off paying for as much of our own health care as we can possibly afford.

Nope. We don't agree. Single payer is even worse. It's still insurance. But instead of a handful of corporate giants running things, it reduces it to one, and forces us to pay premiums (in the form of taxes) whether we want to or not. It's hard to see that as a win.
You do realize that a $50k hospital bill will bankrupt over half of all Americans, right? Keel over & get major heart surgery and you just whip out that credit card to pay that $400K bill. You are being ridiculous,

And what kind of father risks their kid's well being by not carrying health insutrance? Really?

A poor one. It wasn't by choice. I did what I had to do. And found out it's not nearly as scary as the insurance salesmen want you to believe.

You're making the case for catastrophic insurance - which I support. But this ridiculous fantasy that insurance is a club you join to have the bulk of your health care paid for by someone else killing us. Peddle your snake oil somewhere else, insurance salesman.

I didn't need a salesman to know the value of health insurance. You had children & could have had a heart attack putting your family in the street So really, you are that stupid.
No, what should happen is you should be reimbursed by the insurance company after you find the procedure and pay for it.....if you want lower cost, you cant have the patient dislodged from the cost......it's why consumer electronics are so cheap.......because people cant buy what they cant afford.

Why should it be free? resources are used to perform those......I know you hate paying for goods and services, but that's how the country works. If you want to afford shit, stop going to school for a useless degree and take ownership of your own life and make it happen.
It isn't free dumbass. It is covered by the premiums paid. The idea is for people to get screen & find problems before they grow into major expenditures. Insurance companies love this shit.

No, what should happen is you should be reimbursed by the insurance company after you find the procedure and pay for it.....if you want lower cost, you cant have the patient dislodged from the cost......it's why consumer electronics are so cheap.......because people cant buy what they cant afford.
So I pay for my $400k heart issue &then hope the insurance company pays me? How does that help if the providers know you will get reimbursed?

It isn't free dumbass. It is covered by the premiums paid. The idea is for people to get screen & find problems before they grow into major expenditures. Insurance companies love this shit.
ok, if they love it, then why are you complaining they don't do it?

A poor one. It wasn't by choice. I did what I had to do. And found out it's not nearly as scary as the insurance salesmen want you to believe.

You're making the case for catastrophic insurance - which I support. But this ridiculous fantasy that insurance is a club you join to have the bulk of your health care paid for by someone else killing us. Peddle your snake oil somewhere else, insurance salesman.
I'm for Medicare for all & fuck the insurance guy.

Forum List

Back