🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Gore Refuses to take The Pledge

If I feel the need to ask your advice on how to live my life, I will certainly let you know.

That's the best spin of heard on here so far. You go on and on about how your open to debate, yet when someone offers up something you don't like you throw it back their face.

That's the best spin of heard on here so far. You go on and on about how your open to debate, yet when someone offers up something you don't like you throw it back their face.

RSR has never shown any inclination to post in his own words. Many of us have given him the chance. Even those on his side of the political spectrum are sick of his cut and pastes. You'd do yourself a big favour by seeing the lie of the land before sticking up for him...

I made my point about RSR...I spent the first few months reading damned near everything he posted...and after a while I realized that 95% of what he posted was hard right oped pieces and that he never had anything of substance to add to it. You have offered me nothing I haven't tried before.... and often. I have given up on him. He has nothing of substance to offer. Now...do you want to actually debate anything, or are you going to continue in your role as RSR's apologist and publicist? I got no beef with you, Bern.... just don't get all condescending and judgmental with ME because I have grown tired of reading the cut and paste novelettes posted by a moron who can't express himself. OK?

I made my point about RSR...I spent the first few months reading damned near everything he posted...and after a while I realized that 95% of what he posted was hard right oped pieces and that he never had anything of substance to add to it. You have offered me nothing I haven't tried before.... and often. I have given up on him. He has nothing of substance to offer. Now...do you want to actually debate anything, or are you going to continue in your role as RSR's apologist and publicist? I got no beef with you, Bern.... just don't get all condescending and judgmental with ME because I have grown tired of reading the cut and paste novelettes posted by a moron who can't express himself. OK?

I would say I have been equally critical of both of you. RSR is absolutely obstinate in his debate practices, if that's what you can call it. But you can't blame a person for what they don't know. If you have tried in the past then I'll just have to take your word for it, but all I've ever seen is some derivative of "please respond in your own words" and then one liners ensue for a good 2 pages.

You and I both want to have constructive debates on topics. It's what you said you wanted with RSR. All I was trying to do was make some suggestions to facilitate that when i realized all I was reading in a thread was 95% zingers back and forth b/t you. Telling me I'm trying to tell you how to live your life is a gross misrepresentation of said suggestions and you know full well I am always open to actual debate.

I would say I have been equally critical of both of you. RSR is absolutely obstinate in his debate practices, if that's what you can call it. But you can't blame a person for what they don't know. If you have tried in the past then I'll just have to take your word for it, but all I've ever seen is some derivative of "please respond in your own words" and then one liners ensue for a good 2 pages.

You and I both want to have constructive debates on topics. It's what you said you wanted with RSR. All I was trying to do was make some suggestions to facilitate that when i realized all I was reading in a thread was 95% zingers back and forth b/t you. Telling me I'm trying to tell you how to live your life is a gross misrepresentation of said suggestions and you know full well I am always open to actual debate.

fair enough.... I have been a member here for three months and have read more than enough RSR cut and paste pieces to last a lifetime.... I really don't need you to act as some sort of intermediary here.... RSR ain't gonna change and I am done reading his shit. I will gladly debate you with my own words and thoughts on a variety of topics.....

Increased Tornadoes? Naturally, CBS Suspects Global Warming
Posted by Tim Graham on March 31, 2007 - 07:49.
On Friday morning's Early Show, CBS co-host Harry Smith was hot on the tornado beat. "As we've reported, a huge storm in the middle of the country is blamed for four deaths in three states. The storm caused 65 tornadoes in just one day. It's just the beginning of tornado season, but we have already seen more than 300 of them and it is likely to get even worse as we get into April and May, the prime tornado months."

He brought on Warren Faidley, who he said "calls himself an extreme weather journalist. He's been chasing tornadoes for some 20 years now and he joins us this morning." Smith asked vaguely why the increased tornadoes, but when the answer he wanted wasn't obvious enough, he pounced: "You talked about El Nino. It's hard to talk about climate and not talk about global warming. Do you think that has anything to do with it?

Faidley responded: "Well, there's research right now studying to see if El Nino is related to global warming, but, you know, the earth is getting warmer. There's no doubt about that. The statistics show that no matter who you listen to. And of course storms love heat. Heat is energy to storms. That's one of the problems now with the active jet stream pattern we're seeing and the increased heat. It's going to be interesting to see what happens in April and May when the tornado season peaks."

Smith also talked about the hurricane season, but didn't say that last year's mild hurricane disproved global warming panic scenarios: "It was interesting, because there were so many hurricanes predicted for last year, but those prevailing winds just kept pushing, you know, whatever storms that did form, kept pushing them right off the coast." That was puzzling, while the answer to extreme weather seems obvious to CBS.

http://newsbusters.org/node/11732

and like clockwork.... yet another newsbusters editorial with no independent analysis on the part of the king of cut 'n paste.....

ho hum

and like clockwork.... yet another newsbusters editorial with no independent analysis on the part of the king of cut 'n paste.....

ho hum

just like clockwork - MM misses how the liberal media is pushing the myth of global warming as the reason for tornado activity

I don't miss anything.... I told you that along about a month ago, I made a conscious decision to not take the time to read your cut and paste editorials if you continued to make other people's words the bulk of your posting activity. When you decide to speak for yourself, I will read what you write.

I don't miss anything.... I told you that along about a month ago, I made a conscious decision to not take the time to read your cut and paste editorials if you continued to make other people's words the bulk of your posting activity. When you decide to speak for yourself, I will read what you write.

Translation - I told you a month ago I will not read anything that goes against my DNC talking points, and that logic, truth, reality, and facts will be ignored by me on a daily basis

Translation - I told you a month ago I will not read anything that goes against my DNC talking points, and that logic, truth, reality, and facts will be ignored by me on a daily basis

no...that is not the translation...the translation is: I am quite bored and increasingly disappointed in someone who repeatedly shows themself incapable of expressing themself on issues under discussion and feels compelled to post the words of others all the time.

I don't read anybody's "talking points". I have my own opinion....I am capable of expressing it. You apparently are not.

When and if you ever decide to start speaking in your OWN voice instead of exclusively relying on the words of others, I will be more than happy to debate whatever issue you find yourself capable of discussing. Until then, you will remain a major disappointment to me.

just like clockwork - MM misses how the liberal media is pushing the myth of global warming as the reason for tornado activity

Whether caused by humans or not, when the air is warmer the whether will become more violent. So yes, global warming is most likely one reason for increased tornado activity

no...that is not the translation...the translation is: I am quite bored and increasingly disappointed in someone who repeatedly shows themself incapable of expressing themself on issues under discussion and feels compelled to post the words of others all the time.

I don't read anybody's "talking points". I have my own opinion....I am capable of expressing it. You apparently are not.

When and if you ever decide to start speaking in your OWN voice instead of exclusively relying on the words of others, I will be more than happy to debate whatever issue you find yourself capable of discussing. Until then, you will remain a major disappointment to me.

Houses and masters

In recent weeks, chortling e-mail comparisons of President Bush's relatively eco-friendly Texas ranch with the energy-gobbling Tennessee mansion of former Vice President Al Gore have buzzed around the Internet. Chiefly of interest to global-warming skeptics, they also find an audience with anyone with a taste for measuring hypocrisy. Is this churlish? Sure. It is a game of "gotcha"? You bet.
The facts virtually guarantee that this would happen. Mr. Bush is supposedly anti-environment. Mr. Gore is supposed to be the environmental conscience of the nation. "An Inconvenient Truth" ends with an exhortation to change our ways personally. But only one of these men lives in a home straight out of "Bobos in Paradise," and it's not Al Gore.
The Chicago Tribune reported six years ago that Mr. Bush's 4,000-square-foot home uses geothermal heat from water pumped 300 feet into the earth, where the temperature is a constant 67 degrees. The water warms the home in winter and cools it in summertime. The system uses an estimated 25 percent of the electricity in comparable home heating and air-conditioning units. Mr. Bush's ranch is relatively water-efficient thanks to a 25,000-gallon underground cistern, which purifies rain and home wastewater before the newly clean water is used to irrigate the surrounding landscape of native high-prairie plants and flowers. In other words, Mother Earth can breathe easy.
The particulars of Mr. Gore's 20-room, 10,000-square-foot Belle Meade mansion are by now well known, thanks to the Tennessee Center for Policy Research. The Gore house consumes more energy in a month than the average American household does in a year. Mr. Gore spent nearly $30,000 on gas and electricity in 2006. Of course, "carbon offsets" are Mr. Gore's claimed recompense, they being investments in sustainable energy projects, reforestation or other salves for the energy consumer's afflicted conscience. Mr. Gore also takes part in the local utility's "green energy" program.
There will be a temptation on the left to dismiss all this as conservative hit-jobbing, which no doubt some of it is. But there's more to the story than that. First, those who talk the talk should also walk the walk. That's obvious, but the lesson clearly hasn't been learned.
Second, and what's less obvious: If we're talking about hypocrisy and not questioning the underlying goal of reducing one's "carbon footprint," shouldn't the left be pleased that such a major victory for the environmentally conscious has taken place? We should think so. But we're not hearing it.
http://washingtontimes.com/op-ed/200...5755-7164r.htm

"Mr. Gore also takes part in the local utility's "green energy" program."

This means, by DEFINITION, that the production of the electricity used in the Gore house has ZERO impact on global warming. Therefore, he could use a thousand times more green energy than he does and it would still have ZERO impact on global warming. He pays a significant premium to purchase green energy, but he does so because he is trying to do good for the enviromennt.

We have been through this before, yet you continue to bring up Gore's electric bill as if there is something hypocritical about it, when, in fact, his electrical bill is HIGH because he pays MORE to use electricity that does not harm the environment in its production.

"Mr. Gore also takes part in the local utility's "green energy" program."

This means, by DEFINITION, that the production of the electricity used in the Gore house has ZERO impact on global warming. Therefore, he could use a thousand times more green energy than he does and it would still have ZERO impact on global warming. He pays a significant premium to purchase green energy, but he does so because he is trying to do good for the enviromennt.

We have been through this before, yet you continue to bring up Gore's electric bill as if there is something hypocritical about it, when, in fact, his electrical bill is HIGH because he pays MORE to use electricity that does not harm the environment in its production.

Still carrying the water for Uncle Al - make sure it is solar heated

Al is a typical limo liberal - much like Pretty Boy Edwards and all the rest of the enviro wackos

Still carrying the water for Uncle Al - make sure it is solar heated

Al is a typical limo liberal - much like Pretty Boy Edwards and all the rest of the enviro wackos

still refusing to debate facts.... why am I not surprised?

It is so much easier to cut and paste and complain about Gore's electric bill, eh?

still refusing to debate facts.... why am I not surprised?

It is so much easier to cut and paste and complain about Gore's electric bill, eh?

Yes, facts do tend to get you foaming at the mouth and having to change the subject from what is posted

Yes, facts do tend to get you foaming at the mouth and having to change the subject from what is posted

the fact is: your continued mentioning of Gore's electric bill is stupid given the fact that he pays more to use green electricity exclusively. and that IS the subject of this thread.

Global Warming Alarmists in Media Ignore Freezing Fire Hydrants in Alaska
Posted by Noel Sheppard on April 5, 2007 - 10:26.
A rather inconvenient truth occurred in late March that went totally unreported by the global warming alarmists in the media.

On the very day that soon-to-be-Dr. Al Gore was informing Congress of the planet’s imminent doom, the Anchorage Daily News reported that this winter has been so cold there that fire hydrants are exploding.

I bet your favorite drive-by media outlet didn’t share any of this as they were falling all over themselves with sycophantic praise for the global warming alarmist-in-chief (h/t NB member dscott, emphasis added throughout):

A cold spell last November, plus a too-cold March, drove frost deeper than usual in Anchorage this winter, down to about nine feet, which is just one foot above the official burial depth of city water pipes.

Pipes buried 10 feet underground are freezing all around the city, according to the Anchorage Water and Wastewater Utility.

The main lines are flowing fine, said Brett Jokela, assistant general manager of AWWU.

But even as spring slunk into town, fire hydrants popped out of the ground Monday and Tuesday nights and sent water flowing into buildings. And the spurs that lead to houses -- which property owners are responsible for -- are freezing around the city.

"Everything in town is freezing up faster than we can keep it thawed out," said Larry Libby, owner of Libby Thawing Service, who was out trying to get a main line flowing on Fort Richardson on Tuesday.

Isn’t that just delicious? The article marvelously continued:

November's weather lies at the heart of the problems this month. November is generally one of Anchorage's snowiest months, said National Weather Service meteorologist-in-charge Bob Hopkins. The snow insulates the ground. But in fall 2006, there was virtually none until December.

On top of that, November temperatures averaged a low of 5 and a high of 18, versus the normal average high of 28, according to National Weather Service data. The frost deepened and the stage was set for frozen pipes in the spring.

[…]

This year's freeze isn't the worst ever -- that was 10 years ago, when the frost reached about 13 1/2 feet deep, Libby said.

Hmmm. So the worst-ever freeze was ten years ago? I thought the globe has been warming for the past century?

Facts certainly are a stupid thing, aren’t they? Maybe folks like Gore and his not so merry band of alarmists should try them sometime.

Of course, that wouldn't fit with the agenda being driven, would it? After all, if we want Americans to believe the globe is warming, we certainly wouldn't want to report the parts of the planet that are actually colder than usual, would we?

Conversely, if this were the mid-70s, and the fear-mongering was an imminent ice age, do you think exploding fire hydrants in Alaska would have been headline news?

America's Media Motto: We Only Report What Fits Our Agenda!

What a disgrace!

http://newsbusters.org/node/11840

Forum List

Back