🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Gore Refuses to take The Pledge

are you aware that global warming can and does change ocean currents which impact and moderate weather patterns? Global warming may very well completely alter the gulf stream, for example, that will cause northern europe and the northeastern quadrant of north america to be colder. Do you understand that, or is it really just too complicated for you?

So now global warming is going to cause another Ice Age

Liberal logic at it's "best"

I rest my case. RSR does not have the intellectual horsepower to understand the interrelationship between ocean currents and weather.

Translation - The myth of global warming and the rants from the enviro wackos is being exposed. I quit

Vanity Fair Attacks Rush Limbaugh, Sentences 'Environmental Sinners' to Hell
Posted by Julia A. Seymour on April 9, 2007 - 17:22.
Welcome to hell global warming skeptics.

That was the message of a two-page "Dante's Inferno: Green Edition" in the May issue of Vanity Fair. That was just part of a full-issue assault in which the magazine unleashed its vitriol against businesses, conservatives and even radio host Rush Limbaugh.

Limbaugh "has blinded millions of Americans to the climate crisis," proclaimed Vanity Fair. The magazine also accused him of "the environmental destruction that he did so much to enable in his multi-decade reign of denigration."

But El Rushbo was far from the only target in Vanity Fair's line of fire.

"It is an ongoing mystery to me why Republican administrations are such wretched protectors of our land, inasmuch as Republicans own so much of it," editor Graydon Carter said in the issue's introduction.

Vanity Fair even assigned industries and individuals to the circles of Dante's Hell.

"Then there’s the final circle – hell itself – containing “Satan, and in his three mouths: Senator James Inhofe (R-OK), former chairman of the Senate Environment Committee, tireless denouncer of global warming as ‘a hoax’ perpetrated on Americans by alarmist liberal media; President George W. Bush; Vice President Dick Cheney, former Halliburton C.E.O., convener of top-secret energy task force, which met with oil and gas executives.”

http://newsbusters.org/node/11931

and when faced with his own ignorance, RSR resorts to his tried and true cut and paste ploy. Is anyone surprised?

When faced with facts - MM attacks the poster and not the post

the facts are: ocean currents bring warmth to northern latitudes. if global warming shuts down the gulf stream by melting the artic ice pack, europe will get colder, because much of its moderating warm air is brought north with the warm ocean currents from the gulf.

now...why don't you use your own words to try to disprove that statement...
and don't cut and paste anything... use your own words...try it.

Spring cold snap not peachy for farmers
Peach, strawberry crops in grave danger after winter storm wallops Easter

MSNBC
Updated: 6:20 p.m. ET April 9, 2007
The later-than-usual winter storm that smacked much of the eastern United States over the weekend is threatening to wipe out harvests of peaches, strawberries and other popular fruit crops, growers said Monday.

The storms that hit Easter week dropped impressive snowfalls in the Great Lakes region — Marquette, Mich., had gotten 49 inches of snow since Tuesday — and sent temperatures plummeting far below danger levels as far south as Texas and Georgia. And little help is on the horizon.

A new storm system making its way into the Pacific Northwest was expected to drop 3 to 5 more inches of snow Tuesday across the Upper Midwest, NBC WeatherPlus meteorologists forecast. Snow was also expected to continue in the Northeast, with 4 to 8 more inches in Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine and northeastern New York.

New freeze watches were in effect for Tuesday morning for parts of the mid-Mississippi Valley, the Ohio River Valley, the Tennessee Valley and the mid-Atlantic.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18024688/

MM still ignores the severe bout of global warming the US is in right now

Baseball on ice
The late freeze wiped out more than just everyone’s favorite fruits, however.

After failing to open their season for three straight days after Cleveland was blanketed in snow, the Cleveland Indians gave up Monday and said they were picking up and moving to Milwaukee for the week, NBC affiliate WEWS-TV reported. The Indians will open a three-game “home” series Tuesday against the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim at Miller Park because Jacobs Park in Cleveland was unsafe and uncomfortable.

The Indians’ weekend season-opening series against the Seattle Mariners was a total loss. There was no immediate word on when that series will be played, because the Mariners have no more trips to Cleveland this season.

Games were also frozen out over the weekend in New York, Chicago and Detroit. In Pittsburgh, the Pirates managed to get in a game at Heinz Field, but only thanks to 300 gallons of hot chocolate that were brought in from neighboring PNC Park, home of the Pittsburgh Steelers, NBC affiliate WPXI-TV reported.

In fact, Just about the only happy campers this weekend were skiers.

Bolton Valley Ski Resort in Plattsburgh, N.Y., got a late gift of 30 inches of new snow in the last three days, salvaging what had been a desultory ski season, NBC affiliate WPTZ-TV reported.

Warm conditions this winter left much of the resort dry and sandy, and management began laying off workers in January, resort officials said. But so much snow has fallen since Friday that the resort has made it all the way to its average seasonal average.

As hundreds of snow-starved skiers flocked to the resort over the weekend, officials told WPTZ that they even have an outside chance of breaking even.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18024688/

I am ignoring nothing.... I do not for a minute think that global warming can be proven or disproven in a season. Why do you continue to run away from my point about ocean currents?

I am ignoring nothing.... I do not for a minute think that global warming can be proven or disproven in a season. Why do you continue to run away from my point about ocean currents?

All I se from the global warming kooks is - when it is hot it is global warming - when it is cold it is global warming

Any bad weather is because of global warming

All I se from the global warming kooks is - when it is hot it is global warming - when it is cold it is global warming

Any bad weather is because of global warming

I explained that ocean currents brought warmth north.... are you denying that?

are you denying that if those currents are shifted significantly because of global warming and the melting of the icepack, that the result will be colder temperatures in europe?

are you denying that if those currents are shifted significantly because of global warming and the melting of the icepack, that the result will be colder temperatures in europe?

If the Earth is warming please send the heat here. I had to crank up the furnance this morning

It is Spring right?

Record Cold Sweeps Nation After Release of IPCC’s Global Warming Report
Posted by Noel Sheppard on April 7, 2007 - 19:51.
The multitudes of anthropogenic global warming skeptics around the country couldn’t have scripted this any better.

As the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change released its Fourth Assessment Report Friday presaging doom and gloom as a result of global warming, a cold snap gripped much of the country promising all-time low April temperatures in many cities across the fruited plain.

You really can’t make this stuff up!

As reported by AccuWeather:

A brutally cold surge of arctic air into the eastern half of the United States will easily bring record-low temperatures on Easter morning and could cause significant losses in some of the nation's most prolific agricultural areas.

High pressure building toward the Southeast will bring calm winds and clear skies, which combined with the very cold air mass in place, will allow temperatures in many cities to challenge the coldest lows ever reached during the month of April. The cold will severely tax peach orchards across Georgia, and strawberry orchards throughout the Southeast. Bitter cold will also be felt throughout the wheat-growing areas of the Midwest and central Plains.

Timing is everything, wouldn’t you agree? The article continued (emphasis added):

The springtime arctic outbreak will also allow for snow in areas that very rarely see wintry precipitation this late in the year. On Saturday morning, snow mixed with rain in much of North Carolina, and flurries were observed as far south as Atlanta. The system that caused this rare April snowfall will scrape the Northeast coast with some additional snow on Saturday. Moderate snowfall also fell in Washington, D.C. early Saturday morning. The nation's capital has not received accumulating snow in April since 2001.

How the media cover this is anybody’s guess. However, as temperatures in some areas will be 20 degrees colder than average, it is quite safe to say this will get far less attention than if they were 20 degrees warmer.

Anyone care to guess why?

http://newsbusters.org/node/11902

why are ou incapable of answering simple questions in your own words? Do you even CARE to attempt dialog or not?

why are ou incapable of answering simple questions in your own words? Do you even CARE to attempt dialog or not?

Easter morning could be coldest on record
Forecaster says Friday's snow not likely to repeat

By COLBY SLEDGE
Staff Writer

Before Easter Sunday comes, someone might ask Mother Nature to check the calendar — she might be a little confused.

After one of the warmest Marches on record, conditions this weekend are expected to swing the other way, as Sunday threatens to be the coldest Easter morning recorded in Nashville.

"We're going to be in record territory, for sure," National Weather Service meteorologist Jim Moser said.

While Nashville residents likely won't see a repeat of Friday's snow flurries, the cold weather will stay: Today's high is expected to reach the low 40s, with a low in the mid-20s.

Sunday's morning low is expected to be in the low 20s, Moser said, which would break the record of 27 for April 8 set in 1990.

The coldest Easter morning temperature was 24 degrees on March 24, 1940.

The extreme change from last month, in which single-day record highs were set in several Middle Tennessee areas, might feel more like 1907 than 2007. That year NWS officials recorded what still stands as the warmest March in Nashville history, followed by the coldest April on record.

This year, high temperatures in Nashville in March were an average of 10 degrees above the month's median of 61 degrees. Highs over the weekend could be as much as 25 degrees lower than the average April high temperatures, Moser said. After an expected high in the low 50s on Sunday, Moser said temperatures are expected to rise in the first half of next week, with highs reaching the low 60s by Tuesday.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070407/NEWS01/704070363

and in response to my polite request for you to refrain from cutting and pasting and start conversing..... you cut and paste an article.

I really am about done with you, RSR.... you have proven yourself incapable of any level of independent thought and your reliance on the words of others is more of an annoyance than I care to deal with anymore.

and in response to my polite request for you to refrain from cutting and pasting and start conversing..... you cut and paste an article.

I really am about done with you, RSR.... you have proven yourself incapable of any level of independent thought and your reliance on the words of others is more of an annoyance than I care to deal with anymore.

The nerve of me to post how global warming is causing record cold

What gall

Forum List

Back