Gov. Rick Perry Vetoes ‘Buy American’ Bill

This really is classic liberal logic trash Perry for not signing a bill that would have created a law that we already have.

then they whine about the Irs investigations, how it's a witch hunt, a waste of money, etc etc

hard to keep up with them

This really is classic liberal logic trash Perry for not signing a bill that would have created a law that we already have.

And your silly post is like some classic NEO-CON trash because you're too god-damned lazy or stupid to even go to the link. And if you did then you must be too shit-assed stupid to read or understand it.

And for anyone else who swallowed Perry's bullshit here you go from the link....

Despite Rick Perry’s explanation, the Buy American bill wasn’t exactly like current legislation. Rather, HB 535 would have added “manufactured” to the list of requirements for agencies giving preferences to Texan and US goods. The bill defined it as “with respect to a manufactured good, an item produced as a result of a manufacturing process that alters the form of the components, including articles, materials, or supplies, that are directly incorporated into the item …” would gain preference as well.

Class is fucking dismissed.

And your silly post is like some classic NEO-CON trash because you're too god-damned lazy or stupid to even go to the link. And if you did then you must be too shit-assed stupid to read or understand it.

And for anyone else who swallowed Perry's bullshit here you go from the link....

Despite Rick Perry’s explanation, the Buy American bill wasn’t exactly like current legislation. Rather, HB 535 would have added “manufactured” to the list of requirements for agencies giving preferences to Texan and US goods. The bill defined it as “with respect to a manufactured good, an item produced as a result of a manufacturing process that alters the form of the components, including articles, materials, or supplies, that are directly incorporated into the item …” would gain preference as well.

well I guess perry doesn't see himself a dictator...it should be sent to Obama

then they whine about the Irs investigations, how it's a witch hunt, a waste of money, etc etc

hard to keep up with them

Wrong again bitch.

I do think it should be investigated and any criminal wrongdoing should be swiftly punished.

And given your sig line I'll bet you were phony enough to cheer the Patriot Act when BOOOSH signed it into law, weren't you?

And given your sig line I'll bet you were phony enough to cheer the Patriot Act when BOOOSH signed it into law, weren't you?

lol, sorry u mad:eek:

I read it and fully understand it just as I understand that your childish name calling is the classic example of a small minded person who is nowhere near as smart or informed as they think they are unlike you I will end this conversion with class and simply say good day to you.

You union bashers are so fucking stupid.

And yet no doubt most of you think yourselves patriots, too, right?

Idiots.

I know, right? :cuckoo:

These so called "patriots" bash anything that benefits American workers. They think that American workers are lazy good-for-nothing fuck offs.

Some patriotism. :eusa_whistle:

And they wonder why they lose elections.

right, how many STATES have Republican governors?
this bill is smoke and mirrors

and REALLY, unless you LIVE IN Texas how does this affect you?

or this thread is just something to try and make someone look unpatriotic and what, UNAMERCIAN..

we know the game

Key part of the article

like Texas ARL-CIO President Becky Moeller

hmmmmmmm...which is really AFL-CIO......even more interesting......

I used to be a huge buy American fan, until I found out it was just a code word for supporting unions. Fuck them, I hate, hate unions.

This is just a sham to prop up unions, they cant compete and it's their own fault, sucks to be you!!!

It's funny how liberals dont worry about China buying up all of our debt though.....naaaaaaaah, we need all those bs goverment programs.

Maybe you did "used to buy" American. But you certainly didn't "find out" that "buying American" is code for supporting private sector unions because there is no evidence to support that claim.

Fewer than 7% of private sector American workers are union. The majority of them are either in transportation, mineral extraction, or some aspect of the heavy equipment/automobile industries.

So basically what you are saying is you are a big government enthusiast (35% of government workers are union, post office, education, etc) and a liar (everything we use is transported, much of it handled at some point by union labor). To save face you could simply admit you are a fool, but nutballs have some kind of hilariously infantile issue admitting their emotions are not facts, so we won't hold our breath waiting for that.

Nice.

Last edited:
Key part of the article

I used to be a huge buy American fan, until I found out it was just a code word for supporting unions. Fuck them, I hate, hate unions.

This is just a sham to prop up unions, they cant compete and it's their own fault, sucks to be you!!!

It's funny how liberals dont worry about China buying up all of our debt though.....naaaaaaaah, we need all those bs goverment programs.

Maybe you did "used to buy" American. But you certainly didn't "find out" that "buying American" is code for supporting private sector unions because there is no evidence to support that claim.

Fewer than 7% of private sector American workers are union. The majority of them are either in transportation, mineral extraction, or some aspect of the heavy equipment/automobile industries.

So basically what you are saying is you are a big government enthusiast (35% of government workers are union, post office, education, etc) and a liar (everything we use is transported, much of it handled at some point by union labor). To save face you could simply admit you are a fool, but nutballs have some kind of hilariously infantile issue admitting their emotions are not facts, so we won't hold our breath waiting for that.

Nice.

true, every school child knows that union membership has been on the decline since the 1970's except for people like buckeye45_73 & others who get their views spoon fed to them by hannityrush..... errr..... rushhannity :tinfoil:

Last edited:
there is not much that is truly 'american' anymore. the buy american slogans are cheap political stunts that do nothing for this country. just look at how much a ford is actually american. toyota has plants in the US as to other automakers.

buy american is a liberal freak talk point.

Key part of the article

Hey fuckface, in case you didn't notice this bill was supported UNANIMOUSLY by the GOP controlled Texas house in probably the most red state in the union.

And since you know so little about unions let me explain something to you. Organized labor only makes up about 6% of private sector employment.

I happen to think that American workers (union or not) are the best in the world.

So fuck you and your "I hate American workers" attitude.

The bill could have been passed by 90% of Texans, and it would still be a license to steal from the taxpayers. Governor Perry rightly saw through the corruption and kept the current law. The simple fact that many of you cannot see past your preconceptions is your problem, not Perry's.

This is the guy who many of the Neo-Cons on here wanted to see become POTUS.

This is the guy who many on here consider a REAL CONSERVATIVE.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry Vetoes ?Buy American? Bill

A real conservative? That last time I checked, he couldn't remember the name of the EPA. Why would you think that? Or are you liberals simply prone to stereotypes?

You know that most Texans see him as ultra conservative ultra social traditionalist.

He's not. He is a skunk.

And here you are playing that game as well. I have many conservative sites and articles bookmarked on my browser, ever since he dropped out of the race last year, he's hardly been mentioned! One other thing, I don't believe you are a Texan. I've been to Texas twice, and they aren't as absent minded as you think they are.

What the hell makes any of you think this is a UNION bill? Just because a union leader comes out in support of it? So what?

This is a bill that gives preferences to goods made 1) in Texas and 2) in America as long as it is of the same quality and cost of foreign made goods. (By the way. Japan and China have unions too.)

And when only 6% of the American private workforce is unionized (most likely less in Texas) it's highly unlikely that it will hardly benefit any union members.

So the bottom line is that you morons want to shoot yourselves in the foot and continue to despise American workers.

Bottom line? You think ALL American workers suck and I think they're the best in the world, union or not.

Anti union white trash scum are the American equivalent of concentration camp Jews who worked hand in glove with Germans to speed up camp processes. They didn't ask questions and they accepted the words of their masters at face value. THOUSANDS still living get the same respect as those who had a harder time in the camps because... it was okay.

White trash nutballs are today reduced to that level by the oppressors of labor. White trash will cooperate with anyone who tells them what they want to hear in hopes it won't get worse for them personally. And among them... that is okay.

Perry was right to veto the bill, it was just another attempt to force people to buy overpriced goods so union members can continue to make excessive salaries for doing jobs you could train a monkey to do.

Nobody was forcing anybody to buy anything. It was only to give preference to goods that was the same cost and quality.

Moron.

From what I see it would open up state agencies to possible lawsuits if some union shop didn't like their purchasing decisions. I support Perry's decision.

Forum List

Back