Government Did Not Build Your Business

I'm always suspect when someone says " the implication of..." or he was implying, or here's what he really meant....and not the actual meaning of the words.

But he never implied that business owner didn't contribute.

If I say to you, "Somebody else did that" do you really believe that I think you had a hand in whatever it was I was referring to?

" You didn't rob that bank somebody else did that"

So am I to include you in the blame for the robbery?

"You didn't build that somebody else did" is a statement that excludes the business owner from any of the credit for building roads and bridges.

In reality "somebody else" is a reference to the unbelievable American system which include all us taxpayers.

Mitts in big trouble if all he's got is lie and liars.

I never thought of a system as a somebody.

I did not build a business, but I worked for the government and it was good to me then and I am retired now and it works for me now. I could not have succeeded without government. Plus consumers made my jobs easy. I have a lot of people to thank for my success.

Then Obama is your president. Obama is president of government workers - the rest can go fuck themselves, but Obama loves and serves government workers.

Except for the fact the number of government workers has declined under Obama

fred-20120529-govemployment.png

As the owner looks out at a public highway that brings him to and from, customers to and from, employees to and from and the goods he sells, He has running to his building public utilities, public water, public sewers, public police protection, public fire protection, and public educated workers.

As the owner looks out at a public highway that brings him to and from, customers to and from, employees to and from and the goods he sells, He has running to his building public utilities, public water, public sewers, public police protection, public fire protection, and public educated workers.

All of which government got in the way of doing.

See those cars. They pay for the roads that are there with every gallon of gas they burn.

Those public educated workers are showing that we are getting less and less return on our education dollar due to Obama's continuation of federal education low "standards".

But the building owner didn't pay any easment. And he doesn't pay any taxes according to Obama "He didn't build that...somebody else did". Please tell me who the hell somebody else is ?

Last edited:
Give ME 38 cents a gallon, tag fees, GWeight fees and I'll build you a lot more roads than you have now.

AND

I won't blackmail your state and local govts to comply with my edicts or risk losing their "hiway funds".

Last edited:
Give ME 38 cents a gallon, tag fees, GWeight fees and I'll build you a lot more roads than you have now.

AND

I won't blackmail your state and local govts to comply with my edicts or risk losing their "hiway funds".

Yeah, maybe he should have said "You didn't build that...we extorted it from someome."

See those cars. They pay for the roads that are there with every gallon of gas they burn.

Those public educated workers are showing that we are getting less and less return on our education dollar due to Obama's continuation of federal education low "standards".

But the building owner didn't pay any easment. And he doesn't pay any taxes according to Obama "He didn't build that...somebody else did". Please tell me who the hell somebody else is ?

The same rich people libtards want to take more money from, in the vain hope it will pay the federal debt? No, wait... can't be... they are all evil.

Did the people who built the highway pay the business taxes for him? Did the police put the building up? Did they create his marketing plan? Decide what merchandise would sell best in the area and pat for the stock?

Dumb ass.

So this man paid for everything? There was no one else that contributed also?

The roads, bridges, water supply, electric utilities, police, etc. would all still have been there, even if this man had not started a business.

There should NEVER EVER be a question of WHO created that business. All one has to do is look at what's happening in North Dakota right now. The boom created by a few capitalists with a concept and risk tolerance is FAR OUTPACING the ability of Govt to even GRASP what it has to do to keep up with the progress. GOVT will lag behind that business leadership for YEARS bitchin about having to pay higher wages, expand the infrastructure, and spend other people's money. Tough gig eh?

In Real World cases like that --- the lack of roads, and infrastructure DOES NOT and WILL NOT stop the progress. Folks will live in trailers and ride ATVs to get to work if they have to. And even the folks working at McDonalds will be better off than comparable workers elsewhere..

AND

all by your little self? well then maybe my grandkids could drive on it.

There should NEVER EVER be a question of WHO created that business. All one has to do is look at what's happening in North Dakota right now. The boom created by a few capitalists with a concept and risk tolerance is FAR OUTPACING the ability of Govt to even GRASP what it has to do to keep up with the progress. GOVT will lag behind that business leadership for YEARS bitchin about having to pay higher wages, expand the infrastructure, and spend other people's money. Tough gig eh?

In Real World cases like that --- the lack of roads, and infrastructure DOES NOT and WILL NOT stop the progress. Folks will live in trailers and ride ATVs to get to work if they have to. And even the folks working at McDonalds will be better off than comparable workers elsewhere..

ok, then let us stop letting the government build the roads and bridges and see where that gets us.

What makes Obama's comment so atrocious is that he does not get that not only is he wrong in his collectivist thinking...but as pointed out in the article....government makes it tough to start a small business.

"You didn't build that...and if it were up to us, no one else would either".

<<MoonGlow>>
Plenty of private ventures WANT to build and operate roads and bridges.

Could allow govt to focus on the stuff IT SHOULD BE DOING.. Like MAYBE guarding the borders, and assuring fair and accurate elections?? When is that gonna be a priority over whether some baseball player is injecting himself in the ass?????

I think they NEED to be leaner and more focused..

Last edited:
Anyone of you all know a businessman who built their business on government contracts?

I do. His machine shop wouldn't be in operation w/o his guvmint contracts.

How could this be. The guvmint doesn't build business's.

And why are all the rethugs crying about the coming defense cuts. Worried about laying off workers.
Who owe their jobs to the guvmint. Just like the executives owe their jobs to the guvmint.

Raytheon didn't become this huge corporation all by itself. It took the guvmint spending money with them for that business to thrive. Raytheon didn't build the guvmint. And they wouldn't have grown without the guvmint. Whats up with that?

Nothing is ever as simple as a simple minded Republican would like it to be.

Anyone of you all know a businessman who built their business on government contracts?

I do. His machine shop wouldn't be in operation w/o his guvmint contracts.

How could this be. The guvmint doesn't build business's.

And why are all the rethugs crying about the coming defense cuts. Worried about laying off workers.
Who owe their jobs to the guvmint. Just like the executives owe their jobs to the guvmint.

Raytheon didn't become this huge corporation all by itself. It took the guvmint spending money with them for that business to thrive. Raytheon didn't build the guvmint. And they wouldn't have grown without the guvmint. Whats up with that?

Nothing is ever as simple as a simple minded Republican would like it to be.

Government gave him the business and paid for it with tax dollars.

It's called picking winners and losers.

Some of this has to happen. The government is supposed to keep the military and they award contracts.

Your small business machine shop probably didn't do it on federal programs.

That money only goes to the big corporations (like Raytheon...that left hates and the right despise).

Another way to mutually scratch each others backs.

Forum List

Back