Governor Palin: An AR-15 Is A Great Gift For Those You Love

M1A. 'Nuff said.

For those who can afford one – Americans who work for a living will do just fine with an AK at less than half the price.

Most AK-47's have abysmal accuracy. I once bought a Chinese version it was so off that even with the sights all the way maxed out I was still hitting a good 6 inches to the side.

The Soviet and Chinese weapons that are most of the available ones were not built for accuracy but for suppression fire. AN AR is built for accuracy.

You are absolutely correct. The AK was genius in its design and simplistic in its performance. But that's where it ends. W ith my AR-10, I can put a quarter spread at anywhere from 200 yards to nearly 500 yards (with scope).

The AK? Hell, anything over 100 yards, you're lucky if you can put two rounds in a decent grouping. It was designed to keep heads down.

There has been this 40 year argument about the 5.56 VS the 7.62. I like them both, but for different reasons. The 5.56 has muzzle velocity while the 7.62 has better "take down" power at a better distance - as long as it isn't through the AK. Now, having said that, I remember a Sniper in Vietnam (VC) that was tearing us up with a Mosin Nagant at about 400 yards.

This guy was flat out good. We finally got lucky with an Arty strike on his Pos that took him out. The damage was already done however. After 3 days, he had taken 9 guys out.

I have zero respect for anyone who brags about hunting deer with a .223. It isn't ethical or humane - and illegal in many states. Deer should not be needlessly tortured.

You're as full of crap as they come. Last year I took a 9 point Buck with a 5.56. It's not the bullet, fool, it's the person behind the trigger. My Buck took three steps and dropped.

Of course, I've been hunting since I was 10. I didn't start last week....:cuckoo:

I look forward every month to my NRA magazine. I first read the page that has several examples of homeowners or businesses that save lives by having a gun to thwart criminals.

Did you get to the part where the U.S. has more guns and more gun deaths than any other country? How about the section where approximately 32 thousand gun deaths are recorded in the U.S. yearly? No? I thought so.

Wow! Did YOU get to the part where 53,000 people are killed by automobiles each year, skippy? How about the part where 390 kids are killed by 5 gallon buckets of water each year? 12,000 men electrocuted each year?

You're full of shit. Up to your ears.

I have zero respect for anyone who brags about hunting deer with a .223. It isn't ethical or humane - and illegal in many states. Deer should not be needlessly tortured.

You're as full of crap as they come. Last year I took a 9 point Buck with a 5.56. It's not the bullet, fool, it's the person behind the trigger. My Buck took three steps and dropped.

Of course, I've been hunting since I was 10. I didn't start last week....:cuckoo:

Good for you. I'm 67 and been hunting since I was around 6 - and I have too much respect for deer to hunt them with a .223 Bambi.

they will drop a deer dead

my buddies daughter uses a 223

she is 2 for 2

Good for you. I'm 67 and been hunting since I was around 6 - and I have too much respect for deer to hunt them with a .223 Bambi.

it is a myth that the 223 is to light for deer

i usually hunt with bow

but i would not shoot one with a 223 more then a 150 yards

it is a myth that the 223 is to light for deer

i usually hunt with bow

but i would not shoot one with a 223 more then a 150 yards
Agreed!

Didn't read the thread but I bet there is a ton of irrational hate....

Amirite

Not rilly, mainly the racist OP and his bogus sig quotes. Other than that a lot of shop talk about "my artificial penis blows away more walls than yours'...
snore.gif

So long story short, no you didn't miss anything good.

No, most of those gun-killing murderers hate liberals who are trying to take their guns. The NRA protects their right to be armed to the teeth also. Most criminals love the NRA.
Must explain why all of the killings we have had are left wing democrat types.

Scott Roeder?

Tim McVeigh?

Wade Michael Page?

Richard Poplawski?

James von Brunn?

Eric Rudolph?

Jim David Adkisson?

Michael Frederick Griffin?

Paul Jennings Hill?

John Salvi?

James Kopp?

Bruce Turnidge?

Debunking right wing bullshit

facts? they don't need or like facts.

Must explain why all of the killings we have had are left wing democrat types.

Scott Roeder?

Tim McVeigh?

Wade Michael Page?

Richard Poplawski?

James von Brunn?

Eric Rudolph?

Jim David Adkisson?

Michael Frederick Griffin?

Paul Jennings Hill?

John Salvi?

James Kopp?

Bruce Turnidge?

Debunking right wing bullshit

facts? they don't need or like facts.

Interesting that guy never came back to acknowledge he was wrong.

Damn, the suspense kept me up all night too.

Good for you. I'm 70 and have been hunting since 10. Your point?

Forum List

Back