Govt arrests 76 y.o. man who shot bear that attacked him in his own yard!

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Democrats don't want white men protecting themselves. We're supposed to be like blacks, women, and hispanics and run to the govt whenever we have a problem.

Richard Ahlstrand, Massachusetts man, faces charges for killing bear

1 day ago
Richard Ahlstrand of Auburn, Mass., thought he saw a bear eyeing him when he was in his yard on Thursday, so when he went out to fill his backyard bird feeder on Friday, he carried a shotgun. Ahlstrand was right. The bear — estimated to stand 7 feet tall and weigh 400 pounds — chased him across the grass, and Ahlstrand shot it. Now the 76-year-old is facing charges of illegally baiting a bear, illegally killing a bear and illegal possession of a firearm. Ahlstrand believes his life was in danger and that he "wouldn't be here" if he hadn't fired his weapon, but environmental officers disagree. "What was I going to do," Ahlstrand asked. "Say, 'Mister Bear, would you excuse me please while I go make a phone call?

Silly man. He went and called the cops, what did he expect would happen, they'd pin a medal on him???

Every farmer knows the rule --- for bears, feral dogs, foxes, every kind of predator.

Shoot, Shovel, and Shut Up!!!

He wasn't very smart. The bears LOVE bird food! Regardless of that fact he has every right to defend himself. The fact that he went outside, with a favorite food, thinking there was a bear outside and carrying a shotgun shows that he was ready for a confrontation with the animal. That never works out well. He should have stayed indoors and called for help if he didn't want to have to kill the bear.

Now, if the bear had tried to come in his home he could have killed the bear in "self defense" rather than "premeditated confrontation" which led to the bear's death.

Silly man. He went and called the cops, what did he expect would happen, they'd pin a medal on him???

Every farmer knows the rule --- for bears, feral dogs, foxes, every kind of predator.

Yep.

Although at 76 digging the hole might be hard, and his memory might have failed him about the true nature of the government.

I guess we're supposed to just let whatever attacker is after us- rapist, murderer, bear or other danger have their way and kill us. Just die already and quit this defending yourself shit. What if a bear was going after Obama while he was on the golf course? Would Secret Service shoot it? Hell, yes, they would but then he is worth saving, you see, and not one of us worthless peons.

What a waste...

The farmers I knew would have skinned the fox and bear and eaten the bear.

. He should have stayed indoors and called for help if he didn't want to have to kill the bear.

Yes - call for help. It's un-american to take care of yourself.

Not at all un-American to take care of yourself. It is simply smarter not to confront dangerous wildlife with food and a gun. It would have been better in this case to notify the proper authorities that there was a bear on your property than to go outside to confront the animal while carrying food and a gun.

A bit like a group of men standing outside your home being noisy. You don't have any right to shoot them until they pose a risk to you, your family, or your property. You don't go out with a gun to water your lawn. You call the authorities to ask them to vacate.

He showed poor judgement at the very least and possibly baited the bear into a confrontation to get rid of the perceived threat. If you live in bear country you should not use bird feeders because it attracts the bears.

. He should have stayed indoors and called for help if he didn't want to have to kill the bear.

Yes - call for help. It's un-american to take care of yourself.

Not at all un-American to take care of yourself. It is simply smarter not to confront dangerous wildlife with food and a gun. It would have been better in this case to notify the proper authorities that there was a bear on your property than to go outside to confront the animal while carrying food and a gun.

A bit like a group of men standing outside your home being noisy. You don't have any right to shoot them until they pose a risk to you, your family, or your property. You don't go out with a gun to water your lawn. You call the authorities to ask them to vacate.

He showed poor judgement at the very least and possibly baited the bear into a confrontation to get rid of the perceived threat. If you live in bear country you should not use bird feeders because it attracts the bears.

Well sure, we need to accomodate bears and not do what we want to on our property.

Nothing wrong with that, right? It's the American way.

The police probably asked this fellow why he went back inside and got his shotgun when he knew the bear was out there, which trapped him into admitting he violated a wildlife protection law by not calling the authorities instead.

So I was thinking he could have avoided that trap by saying he always carries his shotgun outside at night because he once saw a bear out there. But now I see they got him for illegal possession of a shotgun.

Are shotguns illegal in Massachusetts? It seems the Second Amendment is less meaningful every time I look. No handguns, no shotguns now. Soon we will be relegated to keeping and bearing no firearms other than a single-shot, bolt-action .22 rifle, chambered for short, and limited to holding ten rounds of ammunition.

Little by little.

Democrats don't want white men protecting themselves. We're supposed to be like blacks, women, and hispanics and run to the govt whenever we have a problem.

1 day ago
Richard Ahlstrand of Auburn, Mass., thought he saw a bear eyeing him when he was in his yard on Thursday, so when he went out to fill his backyard bird feeder on Friday, he carried a shotgun. Ahlstrand was right. The bear — estimated to stand 7 feet tall and weigh 400 pounds — chased him across the grass, and Ahlstrand shot it. Now the 76-year-old is facing charges of illegally baiting a bear, illegally killing a bear and illegal possession of a firearm. Ahlstrand believes his life was in danger and that he "wouldn't be here" if he hadn't fired his weapon, but environmental officers disagree. "What was I going to do," Ahlstrand asked. "Say, 'Mister Bear, would you excuse me please while I go make a phone call?

This you try to make about race? This? A guy shooting a bear? You read about this story and what you think of is "oh, how oppressed is the white man!"? You are so fucking pathetic it's ridiculous. You are a truly, truly hopeless fucking loser.

The police probably asked this fellow why he went back inside and got his shotgun when he knew the bear was out there, which trapped him into admitting he violated a wildlife protection law by not calling the authorities instead.

So I was thinking he could have avoided that trap by saying he always carries his shotgun outside at night because he once saw a bear out there. But now I see they got him for illegal possession of a shotgun.

Are shotguns illegal in Massachusetts? It seems the Second Amendment is less meaningful every time I look. No handguns, no shotguns now. Soon we will be relegated to keeping and bearing no firearms other than a single-shot, bolt-action .22 rifle, chambered for short, and limited to holding ten rounds of ammunition.

Little by little.

Soon, we'll be lucky if we can keep our Red Ryder air rifles and squirt guns.

The reported size of the bear seems a bit suspect to me. Black bears don't usually turn up that big in MA.

Little by little.

You'll put your eye out, kid.

Little by little.

LOL, are you a Christmas Story fan? I actually purchased an anniversary edition of the air rifle, which came in a box like the one on the show. For a long time, they were on cardboard with plastic.

I also have other guns. The only ones who need to worry about having their eye put out, or worse, are any scum stupid enough to break in here. The door alarms and dog would alert me in plenty of time to get up and grab a gun. If my state gets stupid like others and tries to ban guns or make it illegal to protect ourselves, I'll move.

LOL, are you a Christmas Story fan? I actually purchased an anniversary edition of the air rifle, which came in a box like the one on the show. For a long time, they were on cardboard with plastic.

I also have other guns. The only ones who need to worry about having their eye put out, or worse, are any scum stupid enough to break in here. The door alarms and dog would alert me in plenty of time to get up and grab a gun. If my state gets stupid like others and tries to ban guns or make it illegal to protect ourselves, I'll move.

LOL!

I used to have the leg lamp.

1 day ago

Okay, if he thought he saw a bear on Thursday, why didn't he make the notification then, and the authorities could have captured it then?
He didn't have to wait until Friday.

But that doesn't really matter. The bear chased him, he wouldn't have lived had it caught him, he saved his life by killing it.
I don't see why any crime was committed.

Forum List

Back