Grandfather Claims Self-Defense After Gunning Down 23-Month-Old GrandSon

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Damn. If only the baby had been armed.

Sadly on Tuesday night, 23-month-old Deandre Vega joined the 7,416 people that have been killed by gun violence since Newtown when his grandfather, 39-year-old Luis Efrain Torres, set out to kill another family member.

Just before 10:00 pm on Tuesday an altercation erupted between Torres and little Deandre’s father, Rochell McCoy, in Torres’ driveway in Lilburn, Georgia. During the argument Torres pulled a gun and fired shots at McCoy, inadvertently striking Deandre. After hearing gunshots neighbors called 911; when first responders arrived they found the child laying in the driveway and rushed him to a nearby medical center where he later died.

“I was arguing with him and him with me,” Torres explained, “And he threw me to the floor and pushed me and hit me.”
When Torres realized what happened, he ran to the child’s side, he said. He said he’s devastated by his grandson’s death. “I love my family, but I lost everything.”

Read more: 'Responsible' Gun Owner Grandfather Claims Self-Defense After Gunning Down 23-Month-Old (VIDEO) -

Poor, poor baby. What an awful thing to have happen to a family. :(

6909412_700b.jpg

How is this bullshit information? Did not the man kill his grandson by using a gun in an argument with his son-in-law? What this is, and what people seem to fail to understand, is that this is yet another example of why ordinary people should not be able to have firearms. They use guns for all the wrong reasons and/or they are irresponsible about them causing innocent bystanders to be killed. How many times a day is someone killed or injured because a so-called regular citizen and 'responsible' gun owner uses poor judgment? Ordinary folks cannot be trusted to behave responsibly.

How is this bullshit information? Did not the man kill his grandson by using a gun in an argument with his son-in-law? What this is, and what people seem to fail to understand, is that this is yet another example of why ordinary people should not be able to have firearms. They use guns for all the wrong reasons and/or they are irresponsible about them causing innocent bystanders to be killed. How many times a day is someone killed or injured because a so-called regular citizen and 'responsible' gun owner uses poor judgment? Ordinary folks cannot be trusted to behave responsibly.

it is a simple domestic violence case.

nothing else.

nothing else.

All you do here is point out how a 'simple domestic violence case' can become a tragedy solely because of a gun. Had the grandfather not had a gun, there would have been no tragedy and it would, indeed, have been only a 'simple domestic violence case.' Instead it became the senseless death of an innocent child, a true tragedy. All because a gun was involved.

Then there's this...

BRUNSWICK, Ga. — It was a tiny bullet that took the short life of Antonio Santiago.

He had learned to walk, but not yet talk, when he was killed March 21, six weeks after his first birthday. He was strapped in his stroller, out for a walk with his mother a few blocks from their apartment near the Georgia coast, when someone shot the boy between the eyes with a .22-caliber bullet the size of a garden pea.

Georgia man faces trial in killing of baby in stroller - U.S. News

Is this to justify black bangers shooting a 13 month old because mom had no money?

Fail.

nothing else.

All you do here is point out how a 'simple domestic violence case' can become a tragedy solely because of a gun. Had the grandfather not had a gun, there would have been no tragedy and it would, indeed, have been only a 'simple domestic violence case.' Instead it became the senseless death of an innocent child, a true tragedy. All because a gun was involved.
no, it's a tragedy solely because of the people involved.
the other poster noted rightfully about the age of grandfather...

THAT is much more a factor here, than guns.

Dudley gets excited when a kid gets shot, it gives him a chance to post an anti-gun thread....and then he will say how he is not anti-gun.....but yet thinks they should be banned....Dudley is a hypocrite.....

Wow.

Babies die and all you people can do is call ME names?

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Can't you even pretend to be human beings?

Wow.

because you are a fucking hypocrite.....thats why....you can give a rats ass about the kid being killed.....all it means to you is that you get to post yet another anti-gun thread......and then tell everyone how you are not anti-gun....you are a phony Dudley..........

nothing else.

Bullshit.

If he didn't have a gun, it'd have been a bat, of a knife, or his bare hands.

Use your head and some common sense.

Wow.

You're a proven liar and idiot of the first magnitude.

For you this has nothing to do with the life of the baby.

Had it not involved a gun you wouldn't have given two shits.

This is you, you wretched piece of human garbage, USING a tragedy to advance your agenda.

So please...STFU and spare us your faux outrage.

If you don't want to be attacked, have some fucking integrity!

Last edited:

Of course, the statistics show you have no absolutely no idea what you're talking about and they've been thoroughly discussed on this forum.

Forum List

Back