Grandfather of Oklahoma teen killed by homeowner in burglary says AR15 made for ‘unfair’ fight

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
That teenager got exactly what he deserved. It's hard to comprehend the stupidity of someone who thinks that thugs breaking into a home are supposed to have an even chance in a confrontation with the home's owner. I gaurantee you all the gun grabbers in this forum agree with this numskull. In fact, in Canada they have a law that says the force used in defending yourself must be "proportional" to the force used by your attacker.

Three Oklahoma teenagers were killed last week when they broke into a house and were met by a homeowner with an AR15. Now the grandfather of one of the teenagers is speaking out about his grandson’s death.

According to KTUL-TV, Leroy Schumacher, grandfather of 17-year-old Jacob Redfearn, believes the death of Redfearn was unjustified because the homeowner’s AR15 gave him an unfair advantage over the three burglars.

Speaking to KTUL, Schumacher acknowledged that breaking into a house was “stupid,” but death was not the appropriate consequence.

“What these three boys did was stupid,” Schumacher said. “They knew they could be punished for it but they did not deserve to die.”

They would be alive today had they not tried to be a criminal.................

They chose to break into the wrong house......................and they paid with their lives...............

Sorry Gramps..............should have beat their ass as children more and maybe they wouldn't be criminals.........

If someone is breaking into your home it is their intent to do you bodily harm as they know your there and will protect your belongings and life. that last one, your life is the grabber.. I will protect mine with fierce force... don't break in and you wont face that.. its that simple..

The grandfather must be a criminal as his thought process is one of a criminal.. Go cry over the stupidity of the actions you seem to approve of. Liberalism is a mental disorder.

If someone is breaking into your home it is their intent to do you bodily harm as they know your there and will protect your belongings and life. that last one, your life is the grabber.. I will protect mine with fierce force... don't break in and you wont face that.. its that simple..

The grandfather must be a criminal as his thought process is one of a criminal.. Go cry over the stupidity of the actions you seem to approve of. Liberalism is a mental disorder.
He's one of those douchebags who made excuses for Michael Brown

ooops

I missed that there were THREE OF THEM committing this crime... 3 on 1 in a home invasion....WTF DID THEY THINK WAS GONNA HAPPEN....

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

LET ME GUESS... GANG RELATED TO BOOT..

ooops

I missed that there were THREE OF THEM committing this crime... 3 on 1 in a home invasion....WTF DID THEY THINK WAS GONNA HAPPEN....

“There’s got to be a limit to that law, I mean he shot all three of them — there was no need for that,” he told KTUL.
It's difficult to comprehend the stupidity of this asshole. The one good thing to come out of this is that all three of the perps paid with their lives. The homeowner should be a national hero: he permanently rid the nation of three Democrats.

In addition to Redfearn, 19-year old Maxwell Cook and 16-year old Jake Woodruff were also shot and killed in the home invasion.

ooops

“There’s got to be a limit to that law, I mean he shot all three of them — there was no need for that,” he told KTUL.
It's difficult to comprehend the stupidity of this asshole. The one good thing to come out of this is that all three of the perps paid with their lives. The homeowner should be a national hero: he permanently rid the nation of three Democrats.

In addition to Redfearn, 19-year old Maxwell Cook and 16-year old Jake Woodruff were also shot and killed in the home invasion.
Stupid is as stupid does.... and you can see where they got their stupid from... a social justice fool who thinks the criminals should have been armed like the home owner or the home owner made into a victim that they could prey on...WTF is up with that?

ooops

Stupid is as stupid does.... and you can see where they got their stupid from... a social justice fool who thinks the criminals should have been armed like the home owner or the home owner made into a victim that they could prey on...WTF is up with that?

That seems to be one of the modern snowflake theories of justice: criminals should have an equal chance to rob you and kill you.

That teenager got exactly what he deserved. It's hard to comprehend the stupidity of someone who thinks that thugs breaking into a home are supposed to have an even chance in a confrontation with the home's owner. I gaurantee you all the gun grabbers in this forum agree with this numskull. In fact, in Canada they have a law that says the force used in defending yourself must be "proportional" to the force used by your attacker.

Three Oklahoma teenagers were killed last week when they broke into a house and were met by a homeowner with an AR15. Now the grandfather of one of the teenagers is speaking out about his grandson’s death.

According to KTUL-TV, Leroy Schumacher, grandfather of 17-year-old Jacob Redfearn, believes the death of Redfearn was unjustified because the homeowner’s AR15 gave him an unfair advantage over the three burglars.

Speaking to KTUL, Schumacher acknowledged that breaking into a house was “stupid,” but death was not the appropriate consequence.

“What these three boys did was stupid,” Schumacher said. “They knew they could be punished for it but they did not deserve to die.”

Anyone breaking into an occupied home deserves to die. I guarantee that old man would shoot and not give it a second thought.

Anyone breaking into an occupied home deserves to die. I guarantee that old man would shoot and not give it a second thought.

I've been waiting for the gun-grabber possi to arrive. Do you think they are avoiding this thread?

I've been waiting for the gun-grabber possi to arrive. Do you think they are avoiding this thread?

Yeah, they'll avoid it like the plague, according to one, this guy committed a mass shooting in his own home.

---------------------------------------- just a comment but PROPORTIONAL force is the law in 'england' . Its pretty stupid and the 'euros
try to apply the concept of Proportional force in the Israeli and 'arab' conflict . ------------------- just a comment BriPat .

I don't see how an AR-15 makes for an unfair fight. A bullet is a bullet. Everyone knows that as soon as you are hit with a bullet you instantly die. It doesn't matter if it's an AR-15 or a BB. That is why we have to limit magazine capacity to no more than 3 rounds. We should also change self defense laws to require that you first call 911 before shooting an intruder, and then wait at least 4:00 minutes before using deadly force, and then make it illegal for intruders to assault a victim in the 4:30 minutes after the resident has called 911. That way it's still a pretty fair fight but we still err on the side of safety.

I don't see how an AR-15 makes for an unfair fight. A bullet is a bullet. Everyone knows that as soon as you are hit with a bullet you instantly die. It doesn't matter if it's an AR-15 or a BB. That is why we have to limit magazine capacity to no more than 3 rounds. We should also change self defense laws to require that you first call 911 before shooting an intruder, and then wait at least 4:00 minutes before using deadly force, and then make it illegal for intruders to assault a victim in the 4:30 minutes after the resident has called 911. That way it's still a pretty fair fight but we still err on the side of safety.
LOL

Surprised you didn't say a musket.........black powder rifle only.............lol

What these three boys did was stupid,” Schumacher said. “They knew they could be punished for it but they did not deserve to die.”
So they knew they could be punished but had no idea breaking into someones home could also get them killed sorry not buying that.

Yeah, they'll avoid it like the plague, according to one, this guy committed a mass shooting in his own home.

I'm certain it will get added to those bogus gun grabber statistics on mass shootings.

I don't know how I would act as I've never been in the situation, nor have I used a gun before. My instinct tells me on the surface, I probably not cut out for wasting a human life without fair warning. Call me stupid, but unless I see a gun, I'm not going to go Rambo on another human being. I am also a victim of robbery, more than once, never faced a gun but have faced a knife and multiple attackers. That's life in a tough neighborhood.

If they are unarmed, I think I would try and shoot at a nearby window, or scream that I am heavily armed, and the next step into my home means I use lethal force. Again, that's just how I feel I would act, and maybe it gives away some of my advantage.

I saw and heard a man on video who killed two Black kids who broke into his home, I believe they were unarmed (the video was a still of an area of the home, so it was all audio). However, he was charged with some crime, excessive force or manslaughter or something. The reason being, they broke into his home through his basement and I think they were hiding there and he came down and basically told them he was going to kill them, and he did as he promised. Shot them both dead.

He laughed at one of them as he did the deed, and it was all recorded. He was quite proud, seeming to relish the opportunity as if he was waiting his whole life to be able to "defend his castle" . Was one of the most eerie audios I have ever heard, his voice sounded maniacal, possessed, even as I forget what all he said before he let out round after round.

Now, we all say, "that's his right". Yes, I assume it is, though the courts disagreed, however, my point is I'm not cut out for that kind of one sided cold blooded murder and I pray I never have to make such a decision. I certainly wouldn't take any pleasure in the process.

Forum List

Back