Greatest Film Actor of All-Time

Though not necessarily my favorite, Daniel Day-Lewis is the greatest film actor of all-time.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ringtone

Platinum Member
Sep 3, 2019
I'm just curious about how many who see this would agree and disagree.

My most favorite is Bronson Pinchot. I love him so much that I have a gift for him that is shown in this clip here. A poem that I wrote for him is under the clip when seeing it at the You Tube website.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

In the modern era sure but Raymond Massey was top notch as was Charles Laughton.

^^^ My most favorite becomes the character and so does my second favorite, Matt Passmore, that is. I love watching him on the TV show named The Glades. :) :) :)

God bless you and him and Bronson always!!!

Holly

P.S. What I love about Matt is his being from Australia. He can speak like an American, but yet he still very much has his Australian accent. :) :) :)

1643923014832.png

/Thread

WW

I don't know that I have a "greatest" actor. I do have some favorites.

Clint Eastwood. If a movie has Clint Eastwood in it, I've seen it. Some, several times.

Ralph Fiennes.

Willem DaFoe

There are some actors who are great but who just rub me the wrong way for some reason. Leo DiCaprio and Edward Norton. I cannot explain why I just don't like them.

In the female category, Frances McDormand is one of my favorites.

As of late, I have come to really appreciate the acting chops of Julia Garner.

I guess B&W actors don't make the cut. Bogie, Stewart, Duke Wayne, Peck, Montie Clift Clark Gable and even characters like Walter Brennan could act rings around hyphenated named actors of today.

I guess B&W actors don't make the cut. Bogie, Stewart, Duke Wayne, Peck, Montie Clift Clark Gable and even characters like Walter Brennan could act rings around hyphenated named actors of today.
Not at all! I'm a film buff. All of those you named are great. Indeed, Brennan, I believe, is among the greatest character acts of all-time while Bogie and Stewart are among the greatest leading actors, for example.

Where to start? My all time favorite actor overall has to be James Earl Jones! From the voices of Mufasa in "The Lion King" and Vader in the "Star Wars" Saga, to King Joffe Joffar in "Coming To America", easily recognizable with his deep booming bass voice. Actors who become their characters? That's an easy one. George C. Scott! Denise Nicholas is one of my favorite actresses. I especially liked her in the TV series "In The Heat of the Night" as Harriet DeLong, Bill Gillespie's (Carroll O'Connor) love interest. But my list is way too long here.

I think Vincent D'Onofrio is a better method actor. This system is what he was initiallytrained in:

What film do you think is Daniel Day Lewis' best work?
That is a tough one. He's been great in so many: My Left Foot, In the Name of the Father, The Boxer, Gangs of New York, The Last of the Mohicans, Phantom Thread, There Will be Blood, Lincoln. . . .

I suppose his best performances were given in the latter two. Amazing!

Last edited:
"There's only been one genius in this business, and that was Señor Wences! A little lipstick, some hair, and his hand, and the guy had a career for eighty-five years! "

Wences03.jpg

Forum List

Back