Green, Clean, Energy Fails California

Really? Last I checked, farming takes huge amounts of water and guess what California is running out of?
electricity to pump the water is what california ran out of.
Silly fool. Electricity is the least of your problems. You are pumping all of the aquifers dry and Lake Meade / Colorado river is nearly out as well.

Far Northern CA is where the water for Southern CA comes from. The Federal Shasta Dam project (dedicated by JFK) is a whole network of reservoirs. This water is sent South via canals that are now crumbling. It makes no sense to tear down dams and not build more reservoirs. Much of CA is desert like and and has suffered droughts for eons. Droughts lasting many years are not unknown in CA. Large government funded dams have fish ladders.

1597863179798.png

"A fish ladder, also known as a fishway, provides a detour route for migrating fish past a particular obstruction on the river. Designs vary depending on the obstruction, river flow, and species of fish affected, but the general principle is the same for all fish ladders: the ladder contains a series of ascending pools that are reached by swimming against a stream of water. Fish leap through the cascade of rushing water, rest in a pool, and then repeat the process until they are out of the ladder."

Instead of spending hundreds of millions tearing down dams, we should be spending it on more modern dam upgrades and building more reservoirs.

Last edited:
Really? Last I checked, farming takes huge amounts of water and guess what California is running out of?
electricity to pump the water is what california ran out of.
Silly fool. Electricity is the least of your problems. You are pumping all of the aquifers dry and Lake Meade / Colorado river is nearly out as well.

Far Northern CA is where the water for Southern CA comes from. The Federal Shasta Dam project (dedicated by JFK) is a whole network of reservoirs. This water is sent South via canals that are now crumbling. It makes no sense to tear down dams and not build more reservoirs. Much of CA is desert like and and has suffered droughts for eons. Droughts lasting many years are not unknown in CA. Large government funded dams have fish ladders.

View attachment 376919

"A fish ladder, also known as a fishway, provides a detour route for migrating fish past a particular obstruction on the river. Designs vary depending on the obstruction, river flow, and species of fish affected, but the general principle is the same for all fish ladders: the ladder contains a series of ascending pools that are reached by swimming against a stream of water. Fish leap through the cascade of rushing water, rest in a pool, and then repeat the process until they are out of the ladder."

Instead of spending hundreds of millions tearing down dams, we should be spending it on more modern dam upgrades and building more reservoirs.

Ca water in a picture:

Water_in_California_new.jpg

Ca water in a picture:

View attachment 376922
[/QUOTE]
Obviously, CA needs more large more 3 million acre feet reservoirs. If CA did THAT it would greatly enhance water delivery instead of having a bunch of little reservoirs.

Lest we forget how left wing politics has been a scourge on Califoria, Kamala Harris is one of the movers and shakers in the CA green movement that has hamstrung CA residents with high energy bills, rolling blackouts, and shut downs.

"Look no further than early 2019 when Senator Harris signed on as a co-sponsor to the disaster known as the Green New Deal. She proudly declared:
We don’t have much time to make the urgent changes we need to protect ourselves and our planet.”

"Yet, less than two months after her principled stand the Green New Deal was brought for a vote in the Senate and Kamala Harris could only vote “present.” It appears unreliability extends beyond California’s power supply and also includes Joe Biden’s VP pick."

"Millions of California’s families went without power last week as her state experienced an oppressive heat wave. The state was forced to impose blackouts as the need for power far outweighed the supply, leaving the sick and elderly vulnerable to temperatures above 100 degrees. The latest power cuts come less than a year after some sounded the warning of future brownouts and blackouts."

"The reason why The Golden State lacks juice is clear — their leaders embraced the unreliable green agenda and it’s failing just as their residents need it most. Not surprisingly, Senator Harris, who often talks about environmental justice and the need to destroy the fossil fuel industry, is noticeably absent while homes go without power."

Oh my god! Are you serious or is this just another google search, cause if this is a google search I got news for you! This is old news, years old, and California never ran the aquifers dry nor the Colorado river! And why only mention 2 of the 6 sources of California's water?

I guess I am just a silly fool

Alarm Bells Ring as NASA Scientists Issue Warning that ... - Pinterest
hu.pinterest.com › pin

Mar 23, 2015 - California is running out of water fast, according to NASA senior water scientist. Shockingly, the entire state of California will be out of water in just ...

You said it. Ca. has all the water it needs, right?

1920px-Drought_area_in_California.svg.png

Do your purposely plan your stupidity or does it come natural?

Most of California is a desert most of the year, especially the populated areas. You get one rainy season then drought all the rest of the year while water consumption goes on day after day more and more as you drain most of your water from underground and have run out of places to damn up for surface water.

Must be why Month to date columns for Ca are all 0.00.

Hey MORON ... try reading your chart again ...

52" ... 63" ... 49" ... are these rainfall totals typical of a desert? ... oh wait, that's Northern California, close to the Sacramento Valley ...

Most of California has a Mediterranean climate ... which by definition has a distinct dry season during summer ... less than 1% of the annual rainfall occurs during that season ... but still, NOAA is reporting the Sacramento River at Red Bluff is running around 9,000 cubic feet per second today ... desert? ...

I can't believe you posted a citation that fully endorses my claims and completely disputes yours ... that's just sad ...

Do your purposely plan your stupidity or does it come natural?

Most of California is a desert most of the year, especially the populated areas. You get one rainy season then drought all the rest of the year
Most? Then drought? No summer Monsoons rolling in from Mexico? The wettest place in the USA is not in California? The area in California that is the wettest place in the USA is not larger than most of the states in America?

Well, I dont think your education goes much further than your best google search. That search of yours where you came up with an article saying California ran out of water years ago, that would be something that points towards, "stupidity?"

View attachment 376973
colored pictures, wow, did you color them yourself or did you have help

View attachment 376973
All of CA is not running out of water. Just the overpopulated lefty areas that suck water from rural watersheds North of Sacramento.

If all you know is a google search, than you are an idiot.

Right now I am in Rhode Island. I can go in dozens, if not hundreds of stores all across New England and drink water from California.

So before spouting off like you know something more than a google search, tell me, tell everyone, how I can, and everyone can, in every state across our nation, go into any story and by liquid refreshment from California, if California does not have enough water for it's own people let alone the rest of the country?

Hey MORON ... try reading your chart again ...
52" ... 63" ... 49" ... are these rainfall totals typical of a desert? ... oh wait, that's Northern California, close to the Sacramento Valley ...
I guess you don't count all the places showing 20 inches, 10 inches, even 6 inches per YEAR. Not to mention Palm Springs a only 1/2 inch per year.

Green lawns and swimming pools in every yard out in the middle of a fucking desert.

Most of California has a Mediterranean climate ... which by definition has a distinct dry season during summer ... less than 1% of the annual rainfall occurs during that season ... but still, NOAA is reporting the Sacramento River at Red Bluff is running around 9,000 cubic feet per second today ... desert? ...

Think what you want Farm Boy. I'm not the one burning up with rampant fires, power outages and severe heatwaves. Doesn't matter jack SHIT how much water you have flowing down the Sacramento from the mountains if it ain't enough to keep the state alive.

If all you know is a google search, than you are an idiot.
Sorry Jackass, I lived in Ca and still have friends there. Been all over the state. Ca is a BIG place with varied climate, but the undeniable fact is that where most of the people live, San Diego, the LA Basin, Merced, and many other places, they are considered a desert and can only support the people and agriculture they have there on limited water resources that are swindling ever year. Even San Fran is super dry through the summer. And the state is getting DRIER, the reason for the fires of the past few years.

Death Valley just hit 130°.

Many places, when they DO get rain, get it in such deluges it all runs off as mudslides.

Not to mention Palm Springs a only 1/2 inch per year.

Think what you want Farm Boy. I'm not the one burning up with rampant fires, power outages and severe heatwaves. Doesn't matter jack SHIT how much water you have flowing down the Sacramento from the mountains if it ain't enough to keep the state alive.
Palm Springs gets at least 5 inches of rain a year. Last year Palm Springs got 8 inches of rain.

Sorry Jackass, I lived in Ca and still have friends there. Been all over the state. Ca is a BIG place with varied climate, but the undeniable fact is that where most of the people live, San Diego, the LA Basin, Merced, and many other places, they are considered a desert and can only support the people and agriculture they have there on limited water resources that are swindling ever year. Even San Fran is super dry through the summer. And the state is getting DRIER, the reason for the fires of the past few years.

Many places, when they DO get rain, get it in such deluges it all runs off as mudslides.
Why is it that I can go into any store throughout the United States of America and find liquid refreshments from California if California does not have water?

How come you post articles 5 years old.

If you lived in California how come you can not recognize your mistake, in believing Palm Springs only gets .5" of rain?

Not to mention Palm Springs a only 1/2 inch per year.

Palm Springs gets at least 5 inches of rain a year. Last year Palm Springs got 8 inches of rain.
Sorry Moron, read the data. THEIR OWN CLIMATE PAGE DISAGREES WITH YOUR ASS. 0.54 inches. As if even 5 inches a year ain't BONE FUCKING DRY.

Why is it that I can go into any store throughout the United States of America and find liquid refreshments from California if California does not have water?

If you lived in California how come you can not recognize your mistake, in believing Palm Springs only gets .5" of rain?
You are TOO STUPID to even continue this conversation. You're arguing in a fucking vacuum, asshole. Now you supposedly don't even know what TRUCKING is, not that I EVER said Ca "does not have water!" I said they are RUNNING OUT MORON.

And you obviously have ignored all the data I've presented. Read and weep, Moron. If you actually CAN read.

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 5.29.59 PM.png

You are TOO STUPID to even continue this conversation. You're arguing in a fucking vacuum, asshole. Now you supposedly don't even know what TRUCKING is, not that I EVER said Ca "does not have water!" I said they are RUNNING OUT MORON.

And you obviously have ignored all the data I've presented. Read and weep, Moron. If you actually CAN read.
I lived in California, I lived in the desert. I lived in 29 Palms, Hemet, Dana Point, and Oakland. I know that Palm Springs get 5 inches of rain every year. Last year it got 8 inches. If all you know is your google search, you are an idiot. You do not even quote from your searches, that is very lazy. Further you do not check to make sure your source is correct. If you did, you would not be looking like the dumbass everyone sees your for.

Here are three sources for Palm Springs average rainfall. None state .5"s
You claim you are from California?

the National Weather Service recorded 8.12 inches of rain at Palm Springs International Airport since Jan. 1. That's more than double the 3.78 inches that fell Jan. 1 through Dec. 3, 2018, and well above the 30-year average of 4.91 inches.

Screenshot from 2020-08-19 17-40-40.png

about 5.5 inches

In the past 30 years, Palm Springs average rainfall is about 5.5 inches. This small amount of rain annually in Palm Springs California is about 85% less than the USA average, and 75% less than the average in California. There are many months each year in Palm Springs with little or no measurable rain at all.

Palm Springs Weather & Climate Highlights by Month ...

but the undeniable fact is that where most of the people live, San Diego, the LA Basin, Merced, and many other places, they are considered a desert and can only support the people and agriculture they have there on limited water resources that are swindling ever year. Even San Fran is super dry through the summer. And the state is getting DRIER, the reason for the fires of the past few years.

Trucking? You said California does not have the water it needs.
You posted a link with what you call, "data" that shows California was suppose to run out of water 4 years ago!
If California is running out of water, how does it continue to export such a large amount of liquid refreshments that I can go into any store anywhere in our nation and buy them?
How?
The answer is simple, California has so much water they can export billions of dollars worth of products that are liquid or used water to grow.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back