(Groan) Bergdahl an offial 'Obama' Disaster!

COURT-MARTIAL FOR BERGDAHL
Army charges desertion, endangering unit by going AWOL in Afghanistan

LINK: Charges against Bergdahl referred to trial by court-martial | Fox News

Decorated / Celebrated Obama Hero Charged With Desertion, Endangering Unit, AWOL....

:clap:

Get the 'political spin' and 'excuse-making' machines turned on and runnin', boys!

If he left the man behind, the Obama haters would have pissed and moaned. Of that I'm certain.

You would be wrong. The never leave a soldier behind does not apply to deserters.

You could at least let him defend himself before sentencing him to death by taliban.

Before he was rescued they're was full yellow Ribbon pow treatment . Even a parade was planned!

Then it all went poof . Which is odd since we had all the same info prior to the rescue .
He was in Taliban custody for months. He was well treated. Hell, he was one of them.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/12/bergdahl-case-what-serial-listeners-should-know.html#

This is the central question of the Bergdahl case, and we heard the soldier describe his motives in his own words for the first time in Thursday's episode of "Serial." Bergdahl told filmmaker Mark Boal he walked off base on June 30, 2009, because he had serious concerns about his superiors, and wanted to trigger a DUSTWUN — an alert for missing soldiers — to draw attention to the situation. He would hike to a nearby base and probably get thrown in jail, but that would give him a chance to speak to Army commanders. "All I was seeing was basically leadership failure to the point that the lives of the guys standing next to me were literally, from what I could see, in danger of something seriously going wrong, and somebody being killed," he said.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/12/bergdahl-case-what-serial-listeners-should-know.html#

This is the central question of the Bergdahl case, and we heard the soldier describe his motives in his own words for the first time in Thursday's episode of "Serial." Bergdahl told filmmaker Mark Boal he walked off base on June 30, 2009, because he had serious concerns about his superiors, and wanted to trigger a DUSTWUN — an alert for missing soldiers — to draw attention to the situation. He would hike to a nearby base and probably get thrown in jail, but that would give him a chance to speak to Army commanders. "All I was seeing was basically leadership failure to the point that the lives of the guys standing next to me were literally, from what I could see, in danger of something seriously going wrong, and somebody being killed," he said.

BS story if ever there was one. He deserted, hang him

Wow your guys are rough. And at the same time you defend confederate flags and monuments . Ya know , real traitors !

The guy was known for his wanderlust . His superiors should be on trial for sticking him
Out there !

Wow your guys are rough. And at the same time you defend confederate flags and monuments . Ya know , real traitors !

The guy was known for his wanderlust . His superiors should be on trial for sticking him
Out there !

Thousands of men and women didn't run, didn't desert, some fell, many came home with less than they left with. He is a disgrace, hang him

Pfft.

Plenty of folks go AWOL to get drunk. Not much happens to them. And actually not much happens to the folks that have raped and killed Iraqi civilians. That generally gets swept under the rug. Which is part of the reason we had to leave. President Obama couldn't get a waiver from the Iraqi government on the disposition of American troops breaking Iraq's laws. So it's a little more than surprising the dust up over this..

Well not really.

Republicans have no trouble whatsoever in making these sorts of outrageous mountains out of mole hills when it comes to President Obama. This whole thing is another attempt to embarrass the President.

Which will probably blow up in their faces.

Out there !
Did the Confederates desert during wartime? No.
Another failed attempt at deflection.

What ‘Serial’ Listeners Should Know About the Bowe Bergdahl Case

Pfft.

Plenty of folks go AWOL to get drunk. Not much happens to them. And actually not much happens to the folks that have raped and killed Iraqi civilians. That generally gets swept under the rug. Which is part of the reason we had to leave. President Obama couldn't get a waiver from the Iraqi government on the disposition of American troops breaking Iraq's laws. So it's a little more than surprising the dust up over this..

Well not really.

Republicans have no trouble whatsoever in making these sorts of outrageous mountains out of mole hills when it comes to President Obama. This whole thing is another attempt to embarrass the President.

AWOL to get drunk isn't the same as desertion in the field. My best friend didn't run and came home with less then he left with. Hang this POS...or shoot the bastard

Reuters 'covered-up' rape by US troops in Iraq - World Bulletin

The former head of the Reuters bureau in Iraq, Andrew MacGregor Marshall, has said that the top news agency failed to give the proper context of what was going on in the country during the the US and British-led intervention, calling it a 'disaster'.

Speaking in an interview with Russia Today, Marshall said six Reuters staff had been killed during his time there, adding that five were killed 'by mistake' by the US military.

'We'd sacrificed so much to be there and my Iraqi staff especially, had sacrificed so much... and in the end, when I looked back, had we really helped any understanding of what happened? I don’t think we did,' Marshall said.

'I came to believe that what we’d done in Iraq had been fairly useless, because we covered the day-to-day bloodshed and killing, but we failed to give the proper context that would allow readers to understand what was going on,' he said, comparing the coverage to bloodthirsty entertainment'.

Marshall also went on to say that much vital information about the behavious of US soldiers in Iraq was omitted because it was seen as a taboo, including some of his own male members of staff being sexually abused by US troops, saying that rape was a 'systematic policy.'

'I used to get stories all the time, of US troops involved in rapes and theft... I also had three of my own staff who were tortured and sexually abused by US troops, prior to Abu Ghraib,' he said.

Bergdahl may well have served with honor and distinction prior to his desertion. A number of people have served with honor and distinction, only to go off the deep end a bit later. War does not have nice effects on the psyches of human beings.

Bergdahl may well have served with honor and distinction prior to his desertion. A number of people have served with honor and distinction, only to go off the deep end a bit later. War does not have nice effects on the psyches of human beings.
It didn't take but ten minutes for the first Obama knob polisher to come out!

And the O/P was started by either a Trump or Cruz knob-polisher. Let's bomb "the shit out of" ISIS or "until the sand glows". Sooooo presidential.

The former head of the Reuters bureau in Iraq, Andrew MacGregor Marshall, has said that the top news agency failed to give the proper context of what was going on in the country during the the US and British-led intervention, calling it a 'disaster'.

Speaking in an interview with Russia Today, Marshall said six Reuters staff had been killed during his time there, adding that five were killed 'by mistake' by the US military.

'We'd sacrificed so much to be there and my Iraqi staff especially, had sacrificed so much... and in the end, when I looked back, had we really helped any understanding of what happened? I don’t think we did,' Marshall said.

'I came to believe that what we’d done in Iraq had been fairly useless, because we covered the day-to-day bloodshed and killing, but we failed to give the proper context that would allow readers to understand what was going on,' he said, comparing the coverage to bloodthirsty entertainment'.

Marshall also went on to say that much vital information about the behavious of US soldiers in Iraq was omitted because it was seen as a taboo, including some of his own male members of staff being sexually abused by US troops, saying that rape was a 'systematic policy.'

'I used to get stories all the time, of US troops involved in rapes and theft... I also had three of my own staff who were tortured and sexually abused by US troops, prior to Abu Ghraib,' he said.

Deflection never works

Pfft.

Well not really.

AWOL to get drunk isn't the same as desertion in the field. My best friend didn't run and came home with less then he left with. Hang this POS...or shoot the bastard

Bergdahl went AWOL to report his commanders.

It's sort of better than getting drunk and raping the locals.

Deflection never works

Not deflection at all. It's in keeping with the topic.

Pfft.

Well not really.

It's strange it took him all this time to come up with that BS. You're a rube

Pfft.

Well not really.

It's strange it took him all this time to come up with that BS. You're a rube

What the heck are you talking about?

That's the story he's been telling from the beginning. And it's reflected in the emails he sent home.

Forum List

Back