Grocery Prices FELL in April - Thanks Biden!

Meanwhile in sanity land:

Things are going so poorly for Biden that Trump is beating his butt left, right and center. And your precious DNC is making plans to replace him, but Dr. Jill isn't going to make it easy on them

Producer prices rose 0.5% last month, compounding means over 6% in 12 months.

Well well well. So grocery prices fell in April and are up 1.1% in the last year. Looks like corporations are learning that high prices slow sales and cause customers to substitute. Additionally now that supply disruptions are lessening we are seeing Food prices stabilize. I know this news will make the conservatives sad. They would like to see a bad economy but just can’t seem to find one. Thank you Biden for your stewardship on food prices.

3…2…1.. until someone posts low prices are killing farmers and that‘s Bidens fault too.

Grocery prices fell on the whole in April, according to data released Wednesday by the Labor Department.

Prices for food at home fell 0.2 percent in April, according to the Labor Department’s consumer price index (CPI), the closely watched inflation gauge. It was the first time food at home prices fell since April 2023 and followed several months of plateauing.

After rising quickly for most of the past three years due to supply chain constraints and the impact of the Ukraine war, grocery prices are up just 1.1 percent over the past 12 months.
That it ...I'm voting for sharp as a tack honest joe biden

Well well well. So grocery prices fell in April and are up 1.1% in the last year. Looks like corporations are learning that high prices slow sales and cause customers to substitute. Additionally now that supply disruptions are lessening we are seeing Food prices stabilize. I know this news will make the conservatives sad. They would like to see a bad economy but just can’t seem to find one. Thank you Biden for your stewardship on food prices.

3…2…1.. until someone posts low prices are killing farmers and that‘s Bidens fault too.

Grocery prices fell on the whole in April, according to data released Wednesday by the Labor Department.

Prices for food at home fell 0.2 percent in April, according to the Labor Department’s consumer price index (CPI), the closely watched inflation gauge. It was the first time food at home prices fell since April 2023 and followed several months of plateauing.

After rising quickly for most of the past three years due to supply chain constraints and the impact of the Ukraine war, grocery prices are up just 1.1 percent over the past 12 months.
Inflation rose again in april to 3,4 percent

Thank you for reminding us xiden’s to blame

Last edited:
I filled up my truck today at $5.23 per gal and went to the store to get half an half and a 12 pack of beer and something for dinner....
$60.00... good luck Joe...
Geez, I was expecting to see that one penny drop on a six-dollar 1/2 gal. of half and half today.

I guess Safeway hasn't heard the great news yet.

I bought it anyway, since it costs about $2 to drive the 3 miles to the store and back home again.

Thanks Joe!

I filled up my truck today at $5.23 per gal and went to the store to get half an half and a 12 pack of beer and something for dinner....
$60.00... good luck Joe...
You eat gas? Weird dude. That will kill you.

• Winner
Reactions: IM2
Sorry can't trust any numbers coming from this administration or their apologists when so many times months later the numbers are revised reveling a less positive picture.

OP is complete bullshit. CPI up .3%. Inflation eased a bit in April, but still went up. Prices CERTAINLY didn't fall. That's a fucking joke.

CPI report shows inflation easing in April, with consumer prices still rising 3.4% from a year ago​

Inflation is STILL above 3% for the 37th month under Biden. Under Trumps ENTIRE 4 YEARS, it NEVER went above 2%.

Yea, thanks Biden.
It’s hard to argue with the ignorant but I’ll try:

I quoted the “Food at Home“ component of the CPI. That is down even in the link of yours. Food prices dropped. Eating out didnt drop. If you are hurting you should cook at home.

You all are the same morons yelling at people at the low end of the scale owning a cell phone but you want to be ok with the huge spike in eating out expenses?

Yes....there were some noticable improvements at the food markets. Let's hope that continues.

Sorry can't trust any numbers coming from this administration or their apologists when so many times months later the numbers are revised reveling a less positive picture.
Ok. Well then there must be zero inflation since you don’t trust those who track it. I mean are you going to just chose and pick the numbers you accept? That is a sign of a cultist. Just deal in reality with us.

Food and fuel aren't part of the CPI.

Who gives a shit? It still adds up to real inflation at the consumer level. Consumers don't parse between core inflation and real inflation. It ALL cones out of the same bank account for them.

Who gives a shit? It still adds up to real inflation at the consumer level. Consumers don't parse between core inflation and real inflation. It ALL cones out of the same bank account for them.
It’s about identifying causes. Fuel costs go up every summer. That’s normal. When you back out Shelter food and fuel there is basically no inflation. Then look at what is causing shelter fuel and food to go up:

Shelter: Housing availability. No monetary policy fixes that.

Fuel: we are producing record oil and all other energy outputs. Prices are affected by OPEC and war. That’s not a government Policy issue.

Food: Home food prices are down. You pay more if you eat out. That is only fixed by behavior not government policy.

Even if I give the OP the benefit of the doubt it does not matter because the value of the dollar a shopper earns fell by 1.2% over the same period. The value of the dollar has decreased by 22% under FJB's tenure....That's really bad.

And where are the wage gains? Mostly in government.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back