Group takes a shovel to Confederate General’s grave

Marianne

Diamond Member
May 15, 2014
The frozen Northeast
Group takes a shovel to Confederate General’s grave
POSTED 10:18 PM, JULY 22, 2015, BY ERYN TAYLOR, UPDATED AT 10:25PM, JULY 22, 2015

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A group was fed up with waiting, so they got a shovel and dug up a patch of grass next to Nathan Bedford Forrest’s grave and statue in a public park in the Medical District.

The group says they wanted the statue and remains removed for a long time, because he was a Confederate soldier, a KKK leader and a slave trader.

“If he’s gone, some of this racism and race-hate might be gone,” said Isaac Richmond with Commission on Religion and Racism. ” We got a fresh shovel full, and we hope that everybody else will follow suit and dig him up.”

“They can protest all they want. Just because they don’t like it, doesn’t mean they are right. Digging up the park is just pure and simple vandalism,” said Lee Millar, the spokesperson for the Forrest family and Sons of Confederate Veterans.

He said every person who held onto that shovel broke the law today.

“That’s plain vandalism,” he said.

“We really don’t want to make this a confrontation. We just want to say hey, we want to get on with it!” said Richmond.

The City Council agreed to move the statue and the remains.

Now state law requires the Tennessee Historical Commission to sign off.

The issue will have to go before the Chancery Court as well.

The group told WREG if the process took too long, the could take more drastic measures.

“We are going to bring the back hoe, the tractors and the men with the equipment to raise Bedford Forrest from the soil of Memphis,” said Richmond.

Group takes a shovel to Confederate General s grave WREG.com

OK the confederate flag is down, so what to do now? Apparently it's dig up the offending dead. Here's my question to these morons, if someone doesn't like Martin Luther King Jr can we dig his ass up and get rid of him. Actually I'd like to take that awful looking stature of MLK in Washington DC down. It offends me because it wasn't done by an American and he looks Chinese.

Spring cleaning before Spring? I hope those folks are armed and ready to shoot to kill!. The other side is!

Spring cleaning before Spring? I hope those folks are armed and ready to shoot to kill!. The other side is!
Nobody on either side should be disturbing a grave! I don't know what they expect to find anyway the guy is probably dust.
Perhaps this gesture is something bigger than the mere disturbing of a grave. Importantly, it shows the world how much the South is changing.
There might be some unseen benefit to that!

Nobody on either side should be disturbing a grave! I don't know what they expect to find anyway the guy is probably dust.
Perhaps this gesture is something bigger than the mere disturbing of a grave. Importantly, it shows the world how much the South is changing.
There might be some unseen benefit to that!
Well great then take down the statues of confederate generals and put them in museums where they belong but don't disturb the dead. No doubt that person has family still living in the area and I'll bet they care if his grave is disturbed. If they want him removed from the park there are proper channels to go through and proper removal practices to be preformed respectfully, you don't just go dig somebody up because you don't like them or what they believed in. How is this any better than someone burning a church? Desecration is desecration.

Oh man the Confederate government should complain to the UN and demand an apology from Obama! Oh wait, the Confederate government doesn't exist because they had their asses massacred by their betters. Alas...
This isn't about the confederate government this is about a mans grave being desecrated by a bunch of morons because they think their agenda is more important than the law or the feelings of that persons family and religion. It's not. They don't have to like the guy but if they want him removed from the park then they can go through the proper channels to get it approved. Then he can be removed with respect to a cemetery of the families choosing. Would you want a relative of yours treated like the way these guys treated this soldier? It's disgraceful.

Nathan Bedford Forrest was a jewish general and a war criminal. He also founded the Ku Klux Klan.

what a country of uniters we have become under Obama eh?

people are freaking rioting, looting, shooting innocent police officers, attacking white people for no reason but being there, climbing flag poles to tear down some flag, throwing paint on public statues, etc etc and NOW digging up graves.

lets change our name to OBAMAnation. the Undivided states and people of America

transformation COMPLETE

As a founding member of the KKK, jewish general NBF was responsible for quite a few deaths of innocent black people.

You guys recall that flick came out a few years ago "Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter"? Where all the southern plantation owners were vampires?

That part was probably closer to the truth than one might think; but the part they left out was the plantation/slave owners tended to be Jews.

FDR appointed a KKK member to the supreme court. Should we dig up his grave? Thomas Jefferson owned slaves. Should we tear down Montecello? When is the next book burning date sponsored by the useful (nazi) idiots on the left?

FDR appointed a KKK member to the supreme court. Should we dig up his grave? Thomas Jefferson owned slaves. Should we tear down Montecello? When is the next book burning date sponsored by the useful (nazi) idiots on the left?

Nazi?

You mean the NA_tional ZI_onists ? Aka The National Zionist Party. Jews, that is.

I have nothing against exhuming all of the jewish KKK members and having their remains shipped to the "Promised Land", Israel.

Particularly since it is the Zionists that are behind this psy op of keeping the dindu nuffins stirred up against YT, as always.

Last edited:
what a country of uniters we have become under Obama eh?

people are freaking rioting, looting, shooting innocent police officers, attacking white people for no reason but being there, climbing flag poles to tear down some flag, throwing paint on public statues, etc etc and NOW digging up graves.

lets change our name to OBAMAnation. the Undivided states and people of America

transformation COMPLETE
The woman who climbed the flag pole proved the lie about the flag not being able to be lowered. Bravo for her! She got the SC legislature off their duffs and they finally voted to take it down. :clap:

As a founding member of the KKK, jewish general NBF was responsible for quite a few deaths of innocent black people.

You guys recall that flick came out a few years ago "Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter"? Where all the southern plantation owners were vampires?

That part was probably closer to the truth than one might think; but the part they left out was the plantation/slave owners tended to be Jews.
OK we get it, the guy was a douche, but he has his supporters and family and they have rights too. One of those rights is not to have his grave disturbed it's against the law. If people want to have a petition signed to remove his body and marker and anything else referring to him they can do that. Then if they meet the requirements to have him removed, his body etc. can be put respectfully in a cemetery where it belongs.

OK we get it, the guy was a douche, but he has his supporters and family and they have rights too. One of those rights is not to have his grave disturbed it's against the law. If people want to have a petition signed to remove his body and marker and anything else referring to him they can do that. Then if they meet the requirements to have him removed, his body etc. can be put respectfully in a cemetery where it belongs.

Are you familiar with CAUSE and EFFECT?

The dindu's griping and pissing and moaning about all things Confederate is the EFFECT of the CAUSE which is busy keeping the dindu's stirred up against YT.

I'm more interested in what's behind this.

George Soros, maybe?

Forum List

Back