Gruber was merely telling the truth (big mistake!): Democrats MUST lie toget people to vote for them

"I can't get past the irony to get to the arrogance. The most transparent administration since the continent shifted had to rely on artifice and deception to pass its signature piece of legislation, you can't make that up. He had to lie to people and then he justified it so I can't even get past the irony of that to get to the arrogance of him calling our fellow Americans stupid," Gowdy said. "I would say to the professor... you want to see how stupid the American citizens are take a look at last Tuesday night because they rejected you, this bill and this administration."

You are such a liar. And you don't even have enough sense to back off when you have been caught dead in your tracks. Are you just stupid, like Gruber said? Or just in lala land?
“You want to see how stupid our fellow citizens are? Take a look at last Tuesday night”
- Trey Gowdy, November 11, 2014
The full quote is:

Yes, it's really serious in a participatory democracy when you tell your fellow citizens that you are either not smart enough to understand the truth or we can't tell you the truth because you wouldn't go along with it. Well if you wouldn't go along with it, maybe you shouldn't pass the law. It's not the responsibility of your viewers to read thousand page bills. Hell, the people who voted on it didn't read it before they voted on it. So, it's not my fellow citizens' responsibility to read this bill.

I would say this to the professor, put down the cognac and the lost writings of J.D. Salinger, you want to see how stupid our fellow citizens are, take a look at last Tuesday night. Because they rejected you, this bill and this administration.

Gowdy slams arrogance of ObamaCare architect for calling Americans stupid Fox News

He was clearly talking about the Democrats.

"I would say this to the professor, put down the cognac and the lost writings of J.D. Salinger, you want to see how stupid our fellow citizens are, take a look at last Tuesday night. Because they rejected you, this bill and this administration."

If you don't understand what is written, you are seriously stupid, just as the Professor said.
No, he is clearly naming the stupid voters who rejected the ACA. The "they" undeniably refers back to his "stupid fellow citizens."

Gowdy was telling the Professor, in his sarcastic manner that the voters that rejected him, the bill and the administration were not stupid.

I still think the professor was calling the Democrats stupid, based on who paid him a few million dollars for his lies and deceptions.

“Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage,”Mr. Gruber said. “Call it the stupidity of the American voter, or whatever. But basically, that was really, really critical to getting the thing to pass.”

"Those “stupid” people have been extremely generous toMr. Gruber. The Government Accountability Office(GAO) in 2010 investigated the $297,600 that the Department of Health and Human Services paid Mr. Gruberto sing the praises of the health care scheme.

Minnesota, for example, used federal Obamacare grants to pay Mr. Gruberto attend one meeting, participate in a biweekly email list and print a copy of the report, all for $329,000. Wisconsin paid Mr. Gruber$400,000 for the same material, requested by theofficeof then-Gov. Jim Doyle, a Democrat. When the report was presented, Gov. Scott Walker, a Republican, didn’t want Mr. Gruber at the news conference. Vermont is paying him another $400,000. Such a deal!

West Virginia, Maine, Colorado and Oregon have partaken ofMr. Gruber’s services, too, guaranteeing him a tidy sum. The money bought lies and deception. That’s Mr. Gruber’s characterization, not ours. “If you had a law which made it explicit that healthy people are going to pay in and sick people get money,” said Mr. Gruber, “it would not have passed.”
You just proved Gowdy right about how stupid the voters who rejected Obamacare are, healthy people paying in and sick people collecting is exactly how insurance works! That's how ALL insurance works, nonusers pay in and users collect.

You are a fucking idiot.
Again you prove just how stupid Gowdy said you were! The safe drivers pay for the accidents, the houses that don't burn down pay for the houses that do. The homes that don't get flooded pay for the houses that get washed away. That is how ALL insurance works!

And you talk like that is the only lie that matters. As if the voters didn't understand that going in.

Yes, most people don't pay attention. Voters often vote on a single issue. However, many of those issues wouldn't matter if your average voter knew that Obama's centerpiece legislative accomplishment, his claim to fame so to speak, was a total fraud. And what's worse, we have absolute proof of his involvement this time. He's lucky not to be handcuffed and indicted on multiple counts of bribery, criminal conspiracy, fraud, and obstruction of justice.

Gruber's comments confirmed and exposed the Democrats for who they are: elitists who want to control everyone and create a true 1 percent.

He was clearly talking about the Democrats.

"I would say this to the professor, put down the cognac and the lost writings of J.D. Salinger, you want to see how stupid our fellow citizens are, take a look at last Tuesday night. Because they rejected you, this bill and this administration."

If you don't understand what is written, you are seriously stupid, just as the Professor said.
No, he is clearly naming the stupid voters who rejected the ACA. The "they" undeniably refers back to his "stupid fellow citizens."

Gowdy was telling the Professor, in his sarcastic manner that the voters that rejected him, the bill and the administration were not stupid.

I still think the professor was calling the Democrats stupid, based on who paid him a few million dollars for his lies and deceptions.

“Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage,”Mr. Gruber said. “Call it the stupidity of the American voter, or whatever. But basically, that was really, really critical to getting the thing to pass.”

"Those “stupid” people have been extremely generous toMr. Gruber. The Government Accountability Office(GAO) in 2010 investigated the $297,600 that the Department of Health and Human Services paid Mr. Gruberto sing the praises of the health care scheme.

Minnesota, for example, used federal Obamacare grants to pay Mr. Gruberto attend one meeting, participate in a biweekly email list and print a copy of the report, all for $329,000. Wisconsin paid Mr. Gruber$400,000 for the same material, requested by theofficeof then-Gov. Jim Doyle, a Democrat. When the report was presented, Gov. Scott Walker, a Republican, didn’t want Mr. Gruber at the news conference. Vermont is paying him another $400,000. Such a deal!

West Virginia, Maine, Colorado and Oregon have partaken ofMr. Gruber’s services, too, guaranteeing him a tidy sum. The money bought lies and deception. That’s Mr. Gruber’s characterization, not ours. “If you had a law which made it explicit that healthy people are going to pay in and sick people get money,” said Mr. Gruber, “it would not have passed.”
You just proved Gowdy right about how stupid the voters who rejected Obamacare are, healthy people paying in and sick people collecting is exactly how insurance works! That's how ALL insurance works, nonusers pay in and users collect.

You are a fucking idiot.
Again you prove just how stupid Gowdy said you were! The safe drivers pay for the accidents, the houses that don't burn down pay for the houses that do. The homes that don't get flooded pay for the houses that get washed away. That is how ALL insurance works!

The only ones who collect on insurance are those that pay the premium. I don't pay for my next door neighbors homeowners policy, do you?

You are a fucking idiot.

The only ones who collect on insurance are those that pay the premium. I don't pay for my next door neighbors homeowners policy, do you?

Wow, use care when driving or operating machinery.

You are a fucking idiot.

Wow, use care when driving or operating machinery.

Normal people take care when driving or operating machinery, even the ones who pay for insurance as I do.

"I can't get past the irony to get to the arrogance. The most transparent administration since the continent shifted had to rely on artifice and deception to pass its signature piece of legislation, you can't make that up. He had to lie to people and then he justified it so I can't even get past the irony of that to get to the arrogance of him calling our fellow Americans stupid," Gowdy said. "I would say to the professor... you want to see how stupid the American citizens are take a look at last Tuesday night because they rejected you, this bill and this administration."

You are such a liar. And you don't even have enough sense to back off when you have been caught dead in your tracks. Are you just stupid, like Gruber said? Or just in lala land?
“You want to see how stupid our fellow citizens are? Take a look at last Tuesday night”
The full quote is:

Yes, it's really serious in a participatory democracy when you tell your fellow citizens that you are either not smart enough to understand the truth or we can't tell you the truth because you wouldn't go along with it. Well if you wouldn't go along with it, maybe you shouldn't pass the law. It's not the responsibility of your viewers to read thousand page bills. Hell, the people who voted on it didn't read it before they voted on it. So, it's not my fellow citizens' responsibility to read this bill.

I would say this to the professor, put down the cognac and the lost writings of J.D. Salinger, you want to see how stupid our fellow citizens are, take a look at last Tuesday night. Because they rejected you, this bill and this administration.

Gowdy slams arrogance of ObamaCare architect for calling Americans stupid Fox News
the lies about the legislation go deeper than just the legislation itself. If you recall, the last three elections, one a presidential election, were filled with democrats, Obama, and others calling their opponents liars when they were trying to explain the lies we were all told about the ACA..

It is bad enough to lie. It is infinitely worse to say those that say you are lying are the liars...especially when you know they are correct.

I totally agree. And it shows how deeply embedded the stench is. And it is much worse than many even imagine.
The only plus is there seems to be some fissures occurring from within their tangled webs.

The full quote is:

the lies about the legislation go deeper than just the legislation itself. If you recall, the last three elections, one a presidential election, were filled with democrats, Obama, and others calling their opponents liars when they were trying to explain the lies we were all told about the ACA..

It is bad enough to lie. It is infinitely worse to say those that say you are lying are the liars...especially when you know they are correct.

Wow.

A hundred-thirty-plus posts, and the thread is still on topic! Is this a USMB record?

The fact that people are now shocked at the revelation that Democrats lied to pass Obamacare, and that they habitually lie because nothing else will keep them in power, shows just how effective the lies have been.

Decade after decade of lies WORKED! Most voters never suspected a thing, until Gruber made the mistake of admitting the truth about Democrats in a public forum.

BTW, none of the mainstream media (ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, Washington Post, LA Times, etc. etc.) has mentioned Gruber's remarks or played the tape, etc. It never happened, if you get your news only from them (as most voters still do).

Supporting a lie is just as scurrilous and disgraceful as telling the lie in the first place.

Media in this country first started (newspapers, published broadsides nailed to trees, stump speeches etc.) for the purpose of revealing and announcing the bad things government did.

Now its main purpose is to CONCEAL the bad things government is doing.

Until a Republican becomes President. Then you'll see the fastest 180 ever turned.

If Democrats had described Obamacare honestly, no one would have voted for it. The Congressmen's constituents (including Democrats) would have bombarded them with demands that they vote NO, and very few could have resisted the pressure.

And it's not just about Obamacare.

If they had described Social Security honestly (that it would dispossess seniors of enough payments to make every one of them a millionaire, and then spend those payments in the General Fund and wait for later enrollees to pay for today's retirees), the same thing would have happened.

And if they admitted they were lying when they accused Republicans of poisoning the air, starving children, robbing Seniors, etc. etc., the same thing: Normal people would have rejected them in disgust.

And if they acknowledged that they were discouraging oil drilling just to pacify a relatively tiny (but strident) part of their base, the militant enviro-nuts, while remaining indifferent to the rising prices for oil (and for goods delivered by trucks or trains that use oil for fuel), normal people would again vote them ot of office.

And every other program the Democrats have pushed, would have met a similar fate if they described it openly and honestly.

The Democrats MUST lie about these things, and deceive people the way Gruber described.
Gruber was merely telling the truth about what the Democrats have been doing for decades.
But telling the truth is the one thing the Democrats cannot stand. Notice that not a single Democrat has addressed what Gruber said? Some call him names and denigrate his character, but most won't say anything. Those who do say anything about him, never touch what he actually said.

Gruber's comments confirmed and exposed the Democrats for who they are: elitists who want to control everyone and create a true 1 percent.

Gruber is your typical college egghead professor. They think they're smarter than everyone else.

Everyone thinks they are smarter than everyone else. rdean is the penultimate example..... I am beginning to wonder if ...maybe... rdean IS Gruber.

It would make sense..

Gruber is your typical college egghead professor. They think they're smarter than everyone else.

Everyone thinks they are smarter than everyone else. rdean is the penultimate example..... I am beginning to wonder if ...maybe... rdean IS Gruber.

It would make sense..

..rdean ain't that smart.

Wow.

A hundred-thirty-plus posts, and the thread is still on topic! Is this a USMB record?

The fact that people are now shocked at the revelation that Democrats lied to pass Obamacare, and that they habitually lie because nothing else will keep them in power, shows just how effective the lies have been.

Decade after decade of lies WORKED! Most voters never suspected a thing, until Gruber made the mistake of admitting the truth about Democrats in a public forum.

BTW, none of the mainstream media (ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, Washington Post, LA Times, etc. etc.) has mentioned Gruber's remarks or played the tape, etc. It never happened, if you get your news only from them (as most voters still do).

Supporting a lie is just as scurrilous and disgraceful as telling the lie in the first place.

Media in this country first started (newspapers, published broadsides nailed to trees, stump speeches etc.) for the purpose of revealing and announcing the bad things government did.

Now its main purpose is to CONCEAL the bad things government is doing.

Until a Republican becomes President. Then you'll see the fastest 180 ever turned.

If Democrats had described Obamacare honestly, no one would have voted for it. The Congressmen's constituents (including Democrats) would have bombarded them with demands that they vote NO, and very few could have resisted the pressure.

And it's not just about Obamacare.

If they had described Social Security honestly (that it would dispossess seniors of enough payments to make every one of them a millionaire, and then spend those payments in the General Fund and wait for later enrollees to pay for today's retirees), the same thing would have happened.

And if they admitted they were lying when they accused Republicans of poisoning the air, starving children, robbing Seniors, etc. etc., the same thing: Normal people would have rejected them in disgust.

And if they acknowledged that they were discouraging oil drilling just to pacify a relatively tiny (but strident) part of their base, the militant enviro-nuts, while remaining indifferent to the rising prices for oil (and for goods delivered by trucks or trains that use oil for fuel), normal people would again vote them ot of office.

And every other program the Democrats have pushed, would have met a similar fate if they described it openly and honestly.

The Democrats MUST lie about these things, and deceive people the way Gruber described.
Gruber was merely telling the truth about what the Democrats have been doing for decades.
But telling the truth is the one thing the Democrats cannot stand. Notice that not a single Democrat has addressed what Gruber said? Some call him names and denigrate his character, but most won't say anything. Those who do say anything about him, never touch what he actually said.
That's the part I just don't get.
A primary player in the development of legislation that controls 1/6th of the entire economy admits that they played with words to fool the American People to ensure the legislation is passed....and the mainstream media refuses to report on it.
Sure, they can say "there are more important things for us to report on"...
But really?
A new change in congress is taking place in January and the majority wants to repeal the law...a law that was intentionally written so people were not aware of many of the things in it.....and the media thinks it is more important to report on window washers that got stuck on the 64th floor of a building than it is to report on a law written to deceive the American People?
What the hell is happening?
Is it that the media does not want to admit they were wrong to support this administration?
Or are they afraid of the administration saying they are racist for reporting on it?

Turns out he was also getting paid to push obamacare as well.
Conflict of interest?

You are a fucking idiot.

If you have a homeowner's policy and you never make a claim, you paid the CLAIMS of those who collected on their policy. You are apparently too stupid to know it, just like Gowdy said you were.
Thank you.

He is certainly smarter than you will ever be, and your jealousy is obvious!

You don't mind that they lied tot he people about everything?

You will be a TERRIBLE parent.

It would make sense...
Especially the ELITIST wing-nuts who see everyone else as Low-Information voters.

August 5, 2009
RUSH: It's only a low-information voter (we used to have call 'em "morons") ... The new stupid America

It would make sense...
Especially the ELITIST wing-nuts who see everyone else as Low-Information voters.

August 5, 2009
RUSH: It's only a low-information voter (we used to have call 'em "morons") ... The new stupid America

You are one of those EdThe:ahole-1:

Forum List

Back