Guess what a member of the 1% club did?

Gosh, you don't take compliments very well.
Yours is one of the best trolls I've seen in a long time.
Kudos.

I repeat my last comment

Call me what ever you want to Brer fox but don't call me a troll for successfully pointing out how some of the left are hypocritical of how they view certain members of the 1%

One of the most impressive aspects of your troll is how you've completely slipped into character - almost as if you've really convinced yourself that what you're writing is right.
Brilliant!

You're like one of those method actors that take on the role that they're playing.

You're a Method Troll.

and this is different than how he acts in other threads... how?

I'm still trying to figure how how stupid people have to be to fail to understand the difference between...

'daddy got her job FOR her',
and
'she got her job BECAUSE of daddy'.

OH wow I am beat now he called me, a liar. The last failed attempt of someone who lost a discuss.

Would John Kerry be part of the 1%er's? Nancy Pelosi?
The patented CON$ervative dumb act yet again.

Read for your self and find out for yourself. The 1% count on your laziness, so don't let them down like a good little sheeple.

Full text of "Americas 60 Families"

You are making it way to easy. You are using a source that was written in 1938:eek: As I said you were lied to.:lol:
The age of the book only shows how long the 60 families have maintained their rule, it in no way discredits the facts in the book. BTW, there was a follow up book 30 years later to see if anything had changed to reduce their hold on the reins of power, and it found that their grip had strengthened. That book is called "The Rich And The Super-Rich" by the same author. It is not available on line and is out of print, however you can find used copies on Amazon.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Rich-Super-Rich-Study-Power-Money/dp/0818400692]Amazon.com: The Rich and the Super-Rich: A Study in the Power of Money Today (9780818400698): Ferdinand Lundberg: Books[/ame]
Book Description

Publication Date: June 1968
Thirty years ago, a bombshell of a book appeared which told the story of the lords of wealth and their glittering clans. It was called America's Sixty Families. It rocked the nation and became a classic. Lundberg showed how America was ruled by a plutocracy of inherited wealth, even under the New Deal. At the time he could only provide a sampling of the economic and political patterns of those families, which, for one reason or another, had come under public scrutiny. In addition to the Sixty Families he dealt with in depth he was able to outline the probable holdings of a few hundred other families. Where are they today - those Sixty Families? What ravages of time, death and taxes worked on the mighty fortunes of yesteryear? Is the "Welfare State" robbing them of the opulence they knew in the good old days?... Lundberg shows that there are 200,000 very wealthy individuals in the United states. Most of them are of some 500 super-millionaire families. Examples are 250 Du Ponts, 73 Rockefellers. Some 61% of the 200,000 inherited their wealth. These families are far wealthier than ever before.... These families have all the old levers of power and pelf plus a whole host of new ones created for them during the intervening decades by the politicians, lawyers and judges who serve them. --- excerpts from book's dustjacket

I'm sure you just do not care enough about this country to get the book and read it, but at least read the reviews of some of your fellow Americans who have taken the time to do so. Here is one example:

5 of 5 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars Good Sequal to "America's 60 Families" published in 1937, January 10, 2008
By
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A3V9TR2U1KISVK/ref=cm_cr_dp_pdp"]Sarah1989[/ame] - [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A3V9TR2U1KISVK/ref=cm_cr_dp_auth_rev?ie=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview"]See all my reviews[/ame]

This review is from: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Rich-Super-Rich-Study-Power-Money/dp/0818404868/ref=cm_cr_dp_orig_subj"]The Rich and the Super-Rich: A Study in the Power of Money Today (Paperback)[/ame]
As a previous reviewer noted, The Rich and Superrich is a very readable book despite its size. It is very edifying to see the money power structure in the US. Ferdinand Lundberg was a brilliant scholar and writer, living from 1905 to 1995.

I would also recommend his previous book, written in 1937, but reissued in 2007--America's 60 Families. From this one can see that the concentration of power is nothing new.

I would recommend two more books that show how democratization of the US economy can be achieved.

I would also recommend Thom Hartmann's books on the constitution, which explain all the obstacles to a true democracy put in place by our founders. The US constitution was a compromise between those who wanted a plutocracy (Adams and Hamilton, for example) and those who wanted a true people's democracy (Franklin, Jefferson, Thomas Paine). We must remember that the US was the first modern democracy. Unfortunately, the compromises our founders made has led to a plutocracy, rather than a democracy.

I also recommend: SHARING THE PIE by Stephen Brouwer, Owl Books.

Sharing The Pie "Offers a far more lucid presentation of economic trs than you are likely to find anywhere."--Barbara Ehrenreich

Even though it was published in 1998, the material is still relevant since it analyzes the structure of the economy, rather than the current picture of who owns what.

As one reviewer noted about Sharing The Pie, it is an invaluable resource for those who want to make sense of the economy, Sharing the Pie is also a passionate plea for greater economic equality and a revitalization of American democracy.

As recently as 2004, a reviewer noted Sharing The Pie "gives a good history of how America's economy has gotten to the point it is now and where it may be going in the future."

The patented CON$ervative dumb act yet again.

Read for your self and find out for yourself. The 1% count on your laziness, so don't let them down like a good little sheeple.

You are making it way to easy. You are using a source that was written in 1938:eek: As I said you were lied to.:lol:
The age of the book only shows how long the 60 families have maintained their rule, it in no way discredits the facts in the book. BTW, there was a follow up book 30 years later to see if anything had changed to reduce their hold on the reins of power, and it found that their grip had strengthened. That book is called "The Rich And The Super-Rich" by the same author. It is not available on line and is out of print, however you can find used copies on Amazon.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Rich-Super-Rich-Study-Power-Money/dp/0818400692]Amazon.com: The Rich and the Super-Rich: A Study in the Power of Money Today (9780818400698): Ferdinand Lundberg: Books[/ame]
Book Description

Thirty years ago, a bombshell of a book appeared which told the story of the lords of wealth and their glittering clans. It was called America's Sixty Families. It rocked the nation and became a classic. Lundberg showed how America was ruled by a plutocracy of inherited wealth, even under the New Deal. At the time he could only provide a sampling of the economic and political patterns of those families, which, for one reason or another, had come under public scrutiny. In addition to the Sixty Families he dealt with in depth he was able to outline the probable holdings of a few hundred other families. Where are they today - those Sixty Families? What ravages of time, death and taxes worked on the mighty fortunes of yesteryear? Is the "Welfare State" robbing them of the opulence they knew in the good old days?... Lundberg shows that there are 200,000 very wealthy individuals in the United states. Most of them are of some 500 super-millionaire families. Examples are 250 Du Ponts, 73 Rockefellers. Some 61% of the 200,000 inherited their wealth. These families are far wealthier than ever before.... These families have all the old levers of power and pelf plus a whole host of new ones created for them during the intervening decades by the politicians, lawyers and judges who serve them. --- excerpts from book's dustjacket

I'm sure you just do not care enough about this country to get the book and read it, but at least read the reviews of some of your fellow Americans who have taken the time to do so. Here is one example:

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Sequal to "America's 60 Families" published in 1937, January 10, 2008
By
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A3V9TR2U1KISVK/ref=cm_cr_dp_pdp"]Sarah1989[/ame] - [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A3V9TR2U1KISVK/ref=cm_cr_dp_auth_rev?ie=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview"]See all my reviews[/ame]

This review is from: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Rich-Super-Rich-Study-Power-Money/dp/0818404868/ref=cm_cr_dp_orig_subj"]The Rich and the Super-Rich: A Study in the Power of Money Today (Paperback)[/ame]
As a previous reviewer noted, The Rich and Superrich is a very readable book despite its size. It is very edifying to see the money power structure in the US. Ferdinand Lundberg was a brilliant scholar and writer, living from 1905 to 1995.

I would also recommend his previous book, written in 1937, but reissued in 2007--America's 60 Families. From this one can see that the concentration of power is nothing new.

I would recommend two more books that show how democratization of the US economy can be achieved.

I would also recommend Thom Hartmann's books on the constitution, which explain all the obstacles to a true democracy put in place by our founders. The US constitution was a compromise between those who wanted a plutocracy (Adams and Hamilton, for example) and those who wanted a true people's democracy (Franklin, Jefferson, Thomas Paine). We must remember that the US was the first modern democracy. Unfortunately, the compromises our founders made has led to a plutocracy, rather than a democracy.

Sharing The Pie "Offers a far more lucid presentation of economic trs than you are likely to find anywhere."--Barbara Ehrenreich

Even though it was published in 1998, the material is still relevant since it analyzes the structure of the economy, rather than the current picture of who owns what.

As one reviewer noted about Sharing The Pie, it is an invaluable resource for those who want to make sense of the economy, Sharing the Pie is also a passionate plea for greater economic equality and a revitalization of American democracy.

As recently as 2004, a reviewer noted Sharing The Pie "gives a good history of how America's economy has gotten to the point it is now and where it may be going in the future."

The age of the book only shows how long the 60 families have maintained their rule, it in no way discredits the facts in the book.

You actually think more people haven't gotten rich since then?The book irrelevant to modern times.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Rich-Super-Rich-Study-Power-Money/dp/0818400692"]Amazon.com: The Rich and the Super-Rich: A Study in the Power of Money Today (9780818400698): Ferdinand Lundberg: Books[/ame]
Book Description

By

The age of the book only shows how long the 60 families have maintained their rule, it in no way discredits the facts in the book.
You actually think more people haven't gotten rich since then?The book irrelevant to modern times.
Again, if you didn't want to wallow in your ignorance you'd realize there is a vast difference between "rich" and "super-rich." Neither book has lost it's relevance, as proven by your paralyzing fear of reading them.

Last edited:

Amazon.com: The Rich and the Super-Rich: A Study in the Power of Money Today (9780818400698): Ferdinand Lundberg: Books
Book Description

By
Sarah1989 - See all my reviews

This review is from: The Rich and the Super-Rich: A Study in the Power of Money Today (Paperback)

Again, if you didn't want to wallow in your ignorance you's realize there is a vast difference between "rich" and "super-rich." Neither book has lost it's relevance, as proven by your paralyzing fear of reading them.
:lol: Keep being hypocritical I don't care.:lol:

Again, if you didn't want to wallow in your ignorance you's realize there is a vast difference between "rich" and "super-rich." Neither book has lost it's relevance, as proven by your paralyzing fear of reading them.
Keep proving your willful ignorance. :cuckoo:

I'm still trying to figure how how stupid people have to be to fail to understand the difference between...

and

It's just a troll.
A very good troll at that.

So, can I help it if I'm informed enough to know who are the real power brokers in this country and you choose to wallow in your ignorance? That's why I'm a cynic. Cynics have the observational skills to see through the media bullshit and discern who really holds the strings of power. They are the 60 families. They are the Ruling Class and they don't marry outside their class.

You can try to pass off everyone you hate as the elite power brokers, but you are only fooling yourself, exactly what the 60 families want you to do.

Again, for those who missed my posting of the link earlier in this thread, here are the real rulers of this country by name. Read it if you dare!

Damn dude I wasn't trying to upset you I was just poking a little fun at the way what you said looked like you were claiming the clintons earned their millions so they aren't part of the 1% even though one is secretary of state and the other is a former president and both make millions.....i mean c'mon you have to see the humor in you not thinking a former President and a secretary of state aren't part of "the problem"
Their part of the problem is their being TOOLS of the 60 families, not that they are part of the club. YOU are also a TOOL! Your willful ignorance is as essential to the 1% as puppets like the Clintons. You are, to quote a popular CON$ervative cliche, a "useful idiot."

So now you agree with me that the clintons are part of the problem?

Earlier in the day you said they were not.

Weird :cuckoo:

It's more than likely it was her name that got her into Oxford and got her the job. Pretty good PR for potential clients. I'm sure it happens on both sides of the aisle. Wonder what her grades were like at Oxford.

It's more than likely it was her name that got her into Oxford and got her the job. Pretty good PR for potential clients. I'm sure it happens on both sides of the aisle. Wonder what her grades were like at Oxford.

Maybe Trump can demand to see her grades!

Damn dude I wasn't trying to upset you I was just poking a little fun at the way what you said looked like you were claiming the clintons earned their millions so they aren't part of the 1% even though one is secretary of state and the other is a former president and both make millions.....i mean c'mon you have to see the humor in you not thinking a former President and a secretary of state aren't part of "the problem"
Their part of the problem is their being TOOLS of the 60 families, not that they are part of the club. YOU are also a TOOL! Your willful ignorance is as essential to the 1% as puppets like the Clintons. You are, to quote a popular CON$ervative cliche, a "useful idiot."

This is typical of how CON$ create their Straw Men!

What I actually said was the Clintons were not part of the ruling 1%. What I also said was that YOU, in your willful ignorance, are as much a part of the problem as political tools like the Clintons.

So, now you agree with me that your willful ignorance is part of the problem! :eusa_whistle::lol:

and

It's just a troll.

To prove a point If thats what it takes. So when you see one of these hypocrites whining about the 1%er's think of the time they were busted by me with their flux outrage.

Keep proving your willful ignorance. :cuckoo:

It 's more ignorant to know you are acting like a hypocrite then anything you could ever claim I have done.

What I actually said was the Clintons were not part of the ruling 1%. What I also said was that YOU, in your willful ignorance, are as much a part of the problem as political tools like the Clintons.

So, now you agree with me that your willful ignorance is part of the problem! :eusa_whistle::lol:

:lol: no.

Your all confused now. I claimed the clintons were part of the 1% which i described as "the problem" because they are rich and hold power and you told me I was wrong.

It sounded like you backtracked in the other post when you claimed they were part of the problem.

No wiggling out this time mr fancy pants.

Ths is how the left dances when caught in the hypocrisy. TRhey say one thing then later say something differently

and

It's just a troll.

To prove a point If thats what it takes. So when you see one of these hypocrites whining about the 1%er's think of the time they were busted by me with their flux outrage.

You're back out of character again - is this the real, cuddlier bigrednec that we know and.....well, you know?

BTW, just what is 'flux outrage'?

:lol: no.

Your all confused now. I claimed the clintons were part of the 1% which i described as "the problem" because they are rich and hold power and you told me I was wrong.

It sounded like you backtracked in the other post when you claimed they were part of the problem.

No wiggling out this time mr fancy pants.

He's doing that famous dance.:lol:

Ths is how the left dances when caught in the hypocrisy. TRhey say one thing then later say something differently

Ooops, no, back again...

yeah, like you have room to talk there :rofl:

Forum List

Back