Guess who attends funeral of KKK member?

Libs call GOP racist yet they started the KKK.

No Sparky, the "GOP" didn't start the KKK either. Six young veteran Confederate soldiers with no political affiliations did that. And at the time the "GOP" didn't even exist in the South.

Considering it was the democratic party that were the main backers of the south's desire to leave the union. It would be likely they were democrats.

Link it then. Because I've done extensive research on this and there is no such information at all. They were simply not involved in politics. And the same is true for Simmons, the guy who restarted the Klan in 1915 -- no political connections at all.

And no, it was not the "democratic party" [sic] who were the main backers of the "south's" [sic] desire to leave the union. That was strictly geographical. And again --- the Republican Party DID NOT EXIST in the South before the Civil War. It ran no POTUS candidates there until Grant. It had only been founded in 1854. So the question of whether to secede was not a political party issue; it was a local sovereignty issue.

Know how many electoral votes Lincoln got in the South in 1860? Zero. Understandable, since he didn't run.
Know how many electoral votes the Democrat Steven Douglas got? Same number --- zero.

That's because the South revolted at the Democratic convention, got it suspended in fact, and then ran their own candidates. Two of them in fact. Look it the fuck up. Those two got more EVs than Douglas did (Douglas carried a total of one state: Missouri).

As for the "desire to leave the union", that dates back to before either of these two parties existed, at least as far back as the "Tariff of Abominations" in 1828. Cries for secession erupted in South Carolina -- the first state to eventually secede -- at least that far back.

Where in the fuck do you learn your history?

All this just to cover up for your shame.

No Sparky, the "GOP" didn't start the KKK either. Six young veteran Confederate soldiers with no political affiliations did that. And at the time the "GOP" didn't even exist in the South.

Considering it was the democratic party that were the main backers of the south's desire to leave the union. It would be likely they were democrats.

Moreover, the founding of the Klan had nothing to do with the South leaving the union or the war that followed. It was simply a lark by bored young men in a small town. It was subsequently commandeered by vigilante mobs who had already formed and were looking for a network to hold them together. But the founders had no such motivations; they were simply breaking up the monotony of a postwar small town with nothing going on. That's exactly why it has all those whimsical K-alliterations (klan, klavern, kleagle, etc). The whole thing was conceived as a joke.

Link it then. Because I've done extensive research on this and there is no such information at all. They were simply not involved in politics. And the same is true for Simmons, the guy who restarted the Klan in 1915 -- no political connections at all.

And no, it was not the "democratic party" [sic] who were the main backers of the "south's" [sic] desire to leave the union. That was strictly geographical. And again --- the Republican Party DID NOT EXIST in the South before the Civil War. It ran no POTUS candidates there until Grant. It had only been founded in 1854. So the question of whether to secede was not a political party issue; it was a local sovereignty issue.

Know how many electoral votes Lincoln got in the South in 1860? Zero. Understandable, since he didn't run.
Know how many electoral votes the Democrat Steven Douglas got? Same number --- zero.

That's because the South revolted at the Democratic convention, got it suspended in fact, and then ran their own candidates. Two of them in fact. Look it the fuck up. Those two got more EVs than Douglas did (Douglas carried a total of one state: Missouri).

As for the "desire to leave the union", that dates back to before either of these two parties existed, at least as far back as the "Tariff of Abominations" in 1828. Cries for secession erupted in South Carolina -- the first state to eventually secede -- at least that far back.

Where in the fuck do you learn your history?

All this just to cover up for your shame.

There is no "shame" in knowing history and knowing what the fuck I'm talking about.

"Shame" would be your domain, considering where you pull this shit from.
Smell your finger.

As I said above ---- link your bullshit, or admit that that's all it is.

Byrd ending up being a good man.

Thurmond, no, could not even acknowledge his illegitimate black daughter.

I have attended four KKK funerals, two of them the whole situation made it very funny to me that I was there but what can you do?

"I have attended four KKK funerals" This is kind of revealing....

Is it?

Why?

OP twists himself into hapless logical pretzel in four...... three..... two......

There is a very old saying "birds of a feather, flock together"......... Remember that? I am older than both of you and I have NEVER attended a KKK funeral. Much less FOUR of them.

Number one, you don't have a clue how old I am, and number two "there is a very old saying" is not a logical argument.

Very old sayings are remembered, and become very old, because they are always anchored in a strong base of fact.

--- As a general guideline of indications. But it does not make for a valid argument.

How old do you have to be to not know that? :rofl:

"I have attended four KKK funerals" This is kind of revealing....

Is it?

Why?

OP twists himself into hapless logical pretzel in four...... three..... two......

There is a very old saying "birds of a feather, flock together"......... Remember that? I am older than both of you and I have NEVER attended a KKK funeral. Much less FOUR of them.

Number one, you don't have a clue how old I am, and number two "there is a very old saying" is not a logical argument.

Very old sayings are remembered, and become very old, because they are always anchored in a strong base of fact.

--- As a general guideline of indications. But it does not make for a valid argument.

How old do you have to be to not know that? :rofl:

More than general. Many studies show that the axiom (for that is what it is) holds across intellectual levels, political affiliations, personal amusement etc. It's an axiom because it is ACCURATE. Thus, for someone to have attended 4 KKK funerals is definitely an indicator of ones values.

I have attended four KKK funerals, two of them the whole situation made it very funny to me that I was there but what can you do?

So, attending the funeral of a former KKK member doesn't equate to supporting the KKK?
Would 't it depend on why the person left the KKK and what his subsequent actions towards racism and segregation were? IN Byrd's case, of course it's not supporting the Klan, because Byrd came to repudiate his former racist stances. But Byrd could never be seriously considered for the potus. He tried running once, and got nowhere.

Would it? Or would it hinge strictly on political hackery?

I think we both know that Robert Byrd wouldn't be getting a pass had he been a Republican.
He didn't get a pass. He carried the baggage, but willingly.

Today's gop opposes voting rights acts, so I think you're engaging in logical fallacy. However, I think Paul Ryan is one of many gopers who want to help blacks economically. So, I wouldn't say the gop in inherently racist. Had Strom Thurmond come to grips with his racial sins before his death, I'd consider revamping my distaste for him and his life and legacy. In Mississippi, the gop has opposed segregation since the mid 60s, and there wasn't much of a gop before then.

He was batshit crazy by then.

When he had all of his faculties, he was still using the 'n' word quite often.
I agree. Thurmond was a fucking mess.
He and Robert Byrd were from the same neighborhood.

Last edited:

So, attending the funeral of a former KKK member doesn't equate to supporting the KKK?
Would 't it depend on why the person left the KKK and what his subsequent actions towards racism and segregation were? IN Byrd's case, of course it's not supporting the Klan, because Byrd came to repudiate his former racist stances. But Byrd could never be seriously considered for the potus. He tried running once, and got nowhere.

Would it? Or would it hinge strictly on political hackery?

I think we both know that Robert Byrd wouldn't be getting a pass had he been a Republican.
He didn't get a pass. He carried the baggage, but willingly.

Today's gop opposes voting rights acts, so I think you're engaging in logical fallacy. However, I think Paul Ryan is one of many gopers who want to help blacks economically. So, I wouldn't say the gop in inherently racist. Had Strom Thurmond come to grips with his racial sins before his death, I'd consider revamping my distaste for him and his life and legacy. In Mississippi, the gop has opposed segregation since the mid 60s, and there wasn't much of a gop before then.

No...no...it's all about political hackery--we already knew that.

The Republican party doesnt oppose voting rights. That's just stupid.

So, tell us, since Stein Thurmond probably carried as much baggage as Byrd, does he get a pass, too? Thurmond was a war hero. While Thurmond was risking his life to save the free world, Byrd was building a KKK chapter.

He and Robert Byrd were from the same neigh.

No they weren't. Not even close.
I'm related to Thurmond. I know the territory, trust me. Our branch was the one who had the sense to look around and go "what the fuck, this is South Carolina. We're outta here". Thurmond's was the branch who stayed there.

Byrd was born in NORTH Carolina -- up the road from here, closer to Virginia --- but left as a child to be raised in West Virginia.

Way off.

Actually, do you know why David Duke left the KKK? You don't, do you? Obviously from your statement

Yeah, because the klan was too violent.

Yes, he was and is a racist, but he didn't want it backed up with violence, so he quit the klan. And his group wasn't even violent, he quit because others were.

That's pretty much quoting from Dukey's own script, verbatim.

This guy however, a former Dukey underling, says he set Duke up offering to sell his mailing list and powered Duke down in a Klan Kompetition rivalry. Duke denied it, but 16 years later did exactly that, selling his list to the campaign of Woody Jenkins.

So --- when we say "know the facts before pronouncing judgment", one considers the source of those... "facts". The same guy who had Bill McKinley in a nonexistent Klan to try to obscure his own history.

Is there a point I made you're disputing? I wasn't defending David Duke. I made several points, and that wasn't one of them. If you want to debate Duke himself, debate it with someone who gives a shit about him

Yup.
You brought up the question of why Duke quit the Klan. And that's what I clarified -- apparently with info you didn't have, since all you had to fall back on was Dukey's own narrative, i.e. that of an established liar.

I did bring up the question of why he quit the klan. And I said what that reason was. It was in my post. Funny how an old media guy like you can't read a short piece and takeaway the obvious point

Yeah, because the klan was too violent.

Yes, he was and is a racist, but he didn't want it backed up with violence, so he quit the klan. And his group wasn't even violent, he quit because others were.

That's pretty much quoting from Dukey's own script, verbatim.

This guy however, a former Dukey underling, says he set Duke up offering to sell his mailing list and powered Duke down in a Klan Kompetition rivalry. Duke denied it, but 16 years later did exactly that, selling his list to the campaign of Woody Jenkins.

So --- when we say "know the facts before pronouncing judgment", one considers the source of those... "facts". The same guy who had Bill McKinley in a nonexistent Klan to try to obscure his own history.

Is there a point I made you're disputing? I wasn't defending David Duke. I made several points, and that wasn't one of them. If you want to debate Duke himself, debate it with someone who gives a shit about him

Yup.
You brought up the question of why Duke quit the Klan. And that's what I clarified -- apparently with info you didn't have, since all you had to fall back on was Dukey's own narrative, i.e. that of an established liar.

I did bring up the question of why he quit the klan. And I said what that reason was. It was in my post. Funny how an old media guy like you can't read a short piece and takeaway the obvious point

You took Dukey's explanation, i.e. hearsay from a known liar, and referred to it as "fact". I showed you that there's an alternative "fact" -- one that your "fact" did not consider.

Funny how that's too complex to follow.

Like Robert E. Lee? He was a Democrat.

Who celebrates Lee's birthday? Oh right, mostly conservatives in the South.

Convince us that Southern conservatives' hero Nathan Bedford Forrest was a liberal.

I want to hear this.

I was just thinking to myself. We need another thread hell bent on torturing the truth.

WHich is Bill Clinton attended funeral of KKK wizard. The picture is right there.

He had not been a KKK "wizard" for many decades s ...he repudiated the KKK and his participation .
this is how the NAACP put it
"Senator Byrd came to consistently support the NAACP civil rights agenda, doing well on the NAACP Annual Civil Rights Report Card. He stood with us on many issues of crucial importance to our members from the reauthorization of the Voting Rights Act, the historic health care legislation of 2010 and his support for the Hate Crimes Prevention legislation," stated Hilary O. Shelton, Director of the NAACP Washington Bureau and Senior Vice President for Advocacy and Policy. "Senator Byrd was a master of the Senate Rules, and helped strategize passage of legislation that helped millions of Americans. He will be sorely missed."

Founded in 1909, the NAACP is the nation's oldest and largest civil rights organization. Its members throughout the United States and the world are the premier advocates for civil rights in their communities, conducting voter mobilization and monitoring equal opportunity in the public and private sectors.
NAACP Mourns the Passing of U.S. Senator Robert Byrd ...

That was in another millennium....in this millennium
texas20secession.png

He and Robert Byrd were from the same neigh.

No they weren't. Not even close.
I'm related to Thurmond. I know the territory, trust me. Our branch was the one who had the sense to look around and go "what the fuck, this is South Carolina. We're outta here". Thurmond's was the branch who stayed there.

Byrd was born in NORTH Carolina -- up the road from here, closer to Virginia --- but left as a child to be raised in West Virginia.

Way off.

Thurmond voted to make MLK's birthday a national holiday.

Trump had disavowed Duke the day before the interview, on Friday.

TRUMP: I disavowed David Duke a day before at a major press conference, and I'm saying to myself, how many times do I have to continue to disavow people?

Trump Disavows KKK, Duke: "How Many Times Do I Have To Continue To Disavow People?"
That does not matter to MSNBC and all the other Trump haters. They shy away from THE TRUTH!

Here's an interview that went terribly wrong for MSNBC when they were trying to skewer Trump again.

VIDEO: MSNBC Anchor Horrified When Interview With Black Voter Goes Horribly Wrong

I laughed my ass off!

Like Robert E. Lee? He was a Democrat.

Who celebrates Lee's birthday? Oh right, mostly conservatives in the South.

That was in another millennium....

Actually the poster is completely pulling this out of his ass. Stephen Douglas, the Democratic candidate for President in 1860, campaigned against and worked against the idea of secession both before, and even after the election:

"I am in favor of executing in good faith every clause and provision of the Constitution and protecting every right under it - and then hanging every man who takes up arms against it!" -- Douglas campaign speech, Raleigh North Carolina, 1860

>> Douglas urged the South to acquiesce to Lincoln's election, and tried to arrange a compromise which would avert secession. As late as Christmas 1860, he wrote to Alexander H. Stephens and offered to support the annexation of Mexico as slave territory.[25]

Douglas denounced secession as criminal; he was one of the strongest advocates of maintaining the integrity of the Union at all hazards.

After the bombardment of Fort Sumter, Lincoln decided to proclaim a state of rebellion and call for 75,000 troops to suppress it. Douglas looked over the proclamation before it was issued and endorsed it completely. He suggested only one change: Lincoln should call for 200,000 troops, not just 75,000. "You do not know the dishonest purposes of those men as well as I do," he said.[26]

At Lincoln's request, he undertook a mission to the Border States and to the Midwest to rouse the spirit of Unionism; he spoke in Virginia, Ohio and Illinois. << (Wiki page)
I asked the poster where the fuck he pulls his history from -- he never answered. I suspect it's from watching Bill Whittle YouTube videos.

Forum List

Back