Gun control laws don't work....these guys had a rocket propelled grenade, and an aresnal..

How many crimes commited each year with rocket launchers?

Since you missed the point, rocket launchers are illegal for all citizens, not just felons and apparently these two thugs were able to get them easily......with background check laws firmly in place right now........and considering you can't buy them at the local gun store.....

This whole thread is ridiculous. With your reasoning, if a person intentionally ran over a group of kids, that would mean all traffic laws are a waste of time because they didn't stop that one criminal act. You are either intentionally obtuse or stupid.

Than I guess everyone who drives a car is a potential child killer.

Yes. Everyone who drives could potentially run over a child. That's part of the reason we have driving tests. To make sure every driver at least knows the proper way to drive to limit potential wrecks, which includes the possibility of children being run over.

And cars all are registered and have license plates.

No they're not. People drive unregistered vehicles and they drive with stolen plates.

i do believe i should have a license - sort of like a background check.
No. Its not. The license ensure that you have passed a minimum requirement to exercise the state-issued privilege to drive, not prevent you from doing so illegally.

Again: Even though you do not have a DUI, do you believe you should be forced to blow into a breathalizer every time you want to start your car?
the background check prevents felons from getting guns. or it would, if it were universally applied.
Incorrect -- you're arguing that a felon will break the law with regard to selling/buying/owning a gun, but not break the law with resepct to having a background check. Surely you see how silly that is.

The laws against felons owning guns is not there to prevent felons form getting guns, but to punish them when they do.
I know you are trying to somehow claim that registration would be required for background checks, but that has been proven to be crap long ago. The NRA is lying to you.
Universal background checks are impossible to enforce w/o universal registration.
Thinking supporters of UBC know this, which is why they support UBC.
The rest of you are simply their useful idiots.
what's the problem with registration?
Registration is only for confiscation of guns from those who have done nothing wrong.
hmm. i registered my car. i still own it. registered my dogs. nobody has confiscated them. registered my property... still own it.

registration and confiscation seem to be different things - how do you conclude they are the same?

Thats about the stupidest analogy I have ever heard.

No. Its not. The license ensure that you have passed a minimum requirement to exercise the state-issued privilege to drive, not prevent you from doing so illegally.

Again: Even though you do not have a DUI, do you believe you should be forced to blow into a breathalizer every time you want to start your car?
the background check prevents felons from getting guns. or it would, if it were universally applied.
Incorrect -- you're arguing that a felon will break the law with regard to selling/buying/owning a gun, but not break the law with resepct to having a background check. Surely you see how silly that is.

The laws against felons owning guns is not there to prevent felons form getting guns, but to punish them when they do.
I know you are trying to somehow claim that registration would be required for background checks, but that has been proven to be crap long ago. The NRA is lying to you.
Universal background checks are impossible to enforce w/o universal registration.

The problem with registration first and foremost is it is always the first step to banning or ordering turn ins of all or some guns.....it happened in Britain, and Australia.........

The next big problem....it doesn't actually stop or solve any crimes....criminals are not required to register their illegal guns...there is an actual supreme court case on that.....and they won't register their illegal guns anyway...so the only people who will register their guns, the law abiding, don't commit crimes with guns in the first place...so it has no deterrent effect on crime at all.....

Registration is only for confiscation of guns from those who have done nothing wrong.
hmm. i registered my car. i still own it. registered my dogs. nobody has confiscated them. registered my property... still own it.

registration and confiscation seem to be different things - how do you conclude they are the same?

Thats about the stupidest analogy I have ever heard.

Because...guns are not cars, or dogs...they are tools used by governments to control people.....that is why all the bad governments ban private ownership of guns.......and registration is the first step.....

Since you missed the point, rocket launchers are illegal for all citizens, not just felons and apparently these two thugs were able to get them easily......with background check laws firmly in place right now........and considering you can't buy them at the local gun store.....

This whole thread is ridiculous. With your reasoning, if a person intentionally ran over a group of kids, that would mean all traffic laws are a waste of time because they didn't stop that one criminal act. You are either intentionally obtuse or stupid.

Yes. Everyone who drives could potentially run over a child. That's part of the reason we have driving tests. To make sure every driver at least knows the proper way to drive to limit potential wrecks, which includes the possibility of children being run over.

Again with the dumb crap. Registration or license plates have nothing to do with the subject. I know you are trying to somehow claim that registration would be required for background checks, but that has been proven to be crap long ago. The NRA is lying to you.

The NRA doesn't say it the police say it...as do the gun grabbers.......

The problem with registration first and foremost is it is always the first step to banning or ordering turn ins of all or some guns.....it happened in Britain, and Australia.........

The next big problem....it doesn't actually stop or solve any crimes....criminals are not required to register their illegal guns...there is an actual supreme court case on that.....and they won't register their illegal guns anyway...so the only people who will register their guns, the law abiding, don't commit crimes with guns in the first place...so it has no deterrent effect on crime at all.....
I register my car and it has never been banned or confiscated

Again with the boneheaded analogy...

Wrong

More stupid rhetoric.

More stupid rhetoric.

Tell that to those living in Nazi Germany....

How many crimes commited each year with rocket launchers?

So? According to the post I was responding to all gun owners are potential killers. Even those with CHLs.

How does a CHL prevent the possibility that the possessor might kill someone?

No they're not. People drive unregistered vehicles and they drive with stolen plates.

So you think auto registration is useless and should be done away with?

I guess you are one of those nuts who thinks the US. military is attacking Teas right now. Nobody is going to confiscate your guns, and only a fool would think they are. Your crap about people breaking the law makes the law wrong is stupid.

More stupid rhetoric.

This isn't Nazi Germany idiot.

Again with the boneheaded analogy...
I know.......because registration ALWAYS leads to confiscation

More stupid rhetoric.

Because in the end, everything always ends up........HITLER

So? According to the post I was responding to all gun owners are potential killers. Even those with CHLs.

How does a CHL prevent the possibility that the possessor might kill someone?

You've obviously missed some posts somewhere along the way...

So you think auto registration is useless and should be done away with?

Where did I say that?

More stupid rhetoric.
Oh really?

Despite the obvious opportunity you had to demonstrate, you didn't.

Why is that, Pumpkin?

More stupid rhetoric.

This isn't Nazi Germany idiot.

So you're one of those"it cant happen here" people?

Forum List

Back