Gun Control - What's the Problem?

No one is going to ‘take’ your guns.

No one is going to ‘confiscate’ your guns.

Conservatives need to stop with the ridiculous lies, fallacies, and demagoguery.
are you that ignorant
almost every democrat candidate wants a ban and mandatory buyback on semi-automatic rifles which you gun grabbers call assault rifles and make it against the law if you don't comply with the buyback that is gun confiscation

See you make the case for me. You say, Criminals don’t buy guns from stores because they don’t want it traced to them or they won’t pass a BG check. That’s a good thing. The fact that we have the ability to trace and do background checks is a deterrent from allowing them easy access to weapons. Push them to the black market and make it easier for law enforcement to fight the good fight. It means the laws are working

It's against the law for a felon to have a gun in the first place. The only thing a background check does is to put up another road block for law abiding citizens to buy and own guns.
A background check literally puts a roadblock up for any felon or high risk person who wouldn’t pass. It ensures they can’t just go into a store and buy a gun. Why would you want to drop that and give them easy access to weapons?

Given the fact that the lefts ultimate goal is to have a disarmed society, those who are receiving help for anything will be disarmed overnight once they get power. That may be extended to people with physical problems as well. For instance I'm an insulin dependent diabetic. The Democrats could easily say I'm not capable of owning a firearm.

Yes, gun-grabbers live in La La land, they never think that the shit they propose will fall on them someday. They are like people with no recollection of past events as they tiip-toe through their garden of Utopian Tulips.

Their ultimate goal is gun confiscation. Yes, they will be trying to do it in baby steps. A baby step here, after another mass shooting, another baby step there, but in the end, most people won't be able to own a firearm.

We know Democrats so we understand the grand plan. Their followers don't. They really believe the Democrat politicians are concerned for their safety like they thought the Democrats were concerned about them having healthcare insurance.
That’s not my goal. Not even close.

I think those are all fair concerns. Does bi polar disqualify somebody, autism, PTSD soldiers? There are no easy answers so it will be a hearty debate. Problem is we can’t even get to the debate because the team partisans won’t let it get there.

What I’m spouting is not a utopian belief it is common sense regulations that any responsible society should be doing.

You are not going to keep criminals and the criminal mentally ill from obtaining firearms. There should be no debate. We already have laws against criminals owning firearms. Most people with actual mental illness are NOT given guns. These little perps can think for themselves and can decide what is right and what is wrong. That makes them perfectly mentally competent.

They're just rotters who have been taught by our liberal politicians and our liberal MSM to hate. No amount of gun control with cure this, the only cure is to reject leftist, Neo-Marxist bullshit and teach our children morals and values by MODELING good sexual relationships with heterosexual relationships and marriages with commitment that uphold family and societal values.

Like I already said it's not the guns it's government SUPPORT of fatherless families (especially in the 'black' community), support of little girls getting abortions when they should have NEVER allowed themselves to get pregnant in the first place, support and promotion of gender dysphoria, the notion that humans are destroying the Earth and on and on and on. WTF did you expect?
We can keep many of them from getting firearms legally and easily in stores. Data shows that we already are because of our laws. We want them getting guns on the black market and being limited with options and selection. Those are good things. Why would we want to make it easier for them?

Hey bud...I’m begging for your attention....grace us with your presence over here for a minute will you...We’re hoping you’ll shed some light and explain the logic.
Stop the sale of AR-15’s but not the importation of illegal aliens.
This is a gun debate... I’m not surprised that you want to shift it to immigration but that’s off topic

If a person can’t pass a background check then of course they won’t buy a gun in a shop. If we didn’t have background checks then they absolutely would. This isn’t hard to understand. Think about it.

I’m sure some dems want to confiscate guns. I’m not a dem nor do I care to speak for them. I’m a gun owner who is fine with regulations on firearms and tired of the slippery slope fear tactic.

No, YOU think about it.....You spout this Utopian belief that we can actually control who gets guns. In the meantime, you offer no explanation as to who you 'think' shouldn't have a gun. Clever of you try to debunk the most likely possibility that the government will expand who they think is mentally incapable of owning a gun by indicting those who question such regulations as using 'fear tactics.'

When they decide that one of your prescription drugs renders you incapable of owning the guns you already have, maybe then the truth will sink in.
I think those are all fair concerns. Does bi polar disqualify somebody, autism, PTSD soldiers? There are no easy answers so it will be a hearty debate. Problem is we can’t even get to the debate because the team partisans won’t let it get there.

What I’m spouting is not a utopian belief it is common sense regulations that any responsible society should be doing.
If you start taking rights away from those with mental health issue fewer and fewer will seek help with those issues
and also you will be infringing on doctor-patient privilege

and your bull crap about gun control not being debated is just that bull crap the debate been going on for decades its just you gun grabbers keep losing the debate and won't accept defeat so you act like a debate hasn't been going on
No shit, that’s why I brought up those issues. There will never be victory or defeat on this issue. You are naive to think so.
So why should anyone who supports the 2nd Amendment concede on inch to your agenda?
They shouldn’t if they disagree with me. They should if they agree with me. Not very complicated.

I'm a gun owner, most of my friends are gun owners, but i'm confused... What is the problem that most conservatives have with President Obama's Gun Control ideas? I hear the speeches, read the plans, watched the town hall and listen to commentary on both sides until my ears bleed and I still don't understand the conservative position.

Everything that the President has suggested makes sense to me. I don't feel threatened about losing my guns, and I don't think that a responsible citizen's ability to buy a gun is being threatened. I think anything that helps keep guns out of the wrong hands is a good idea, it will save lives! The only point I hear from conservatives on why they object is that they think there is a hidden agenda by the Left to take away all guns. That is ridiculous, paranoid and unrealistic, there must be something more...

Why does the pro-gun base object to background checks and regulations that will make it harder for criminals or irresponsible individuals to own a gun? I just don't understand the argument. Please enlighten me.

View attachment 59771

Three of the first four posts supply your answer all in the same way: the old Slippery Slope fallacy.

Post 11, as is his wont, prefers the Strawman.

The "slippery slope" argument is the one that I do not understand. Why oppose something that makes sense in fear of possible future proposals that may or may not take away your rights? Why not do what is right now in an effort to help a big problem (even if it just helps a little) and fight proposals that impede your rights if/when they are proposed?

That's like saying, "Why try to keep an avalanche from starting? Just deal with it when it's coming down the mountain". There's a historical pattern to this. We have seen totalitarianism first disarm the populace through these same measures. Slippery slope isn't a fallacy when it really exists.
I’ll answer your question by posing this situation. You support the military I presume? Now if the government were to take over and control the people like your slippery slope fears lay out then they would first disarm the people then control them through force. That force would be the police and military. So why do you support growing those? The slippery slope says they will eventually take away your rights by force. You should be defunding them, right?

See through one side of your mouth you want guns to protect yourself against a tyrannical government. But from the other you support strengthening the military power of that government. See the dilemma?

I'm a gun owner, most of my friends are gun owners, but i'm confused... What is the problem that most conservatives have with President Obama's Gun Control ideas? I hear the speeches, read the plans, watched the town hall and listen to commentary on both sides until my ears bleed and I still don't understand the conservative position.

Everything that the President has suggested makes sense to me. I don't feel threatened about losing my guns, and I don't think that a responsible citizen's ability to buy a gun is being threatened. I think anything that helps keep guns out of the wrong hands is a good idea, it will save lives! The only point I hear from conservatives on why they object is that they think there is a hidden agenda by the Left to take away all guns. That is ridiculous, paranoid and unrealistic, there must be something more...

Why does the pro-gun base object to background checks and regulations that will make it harder for criminals or irresponsible individuals to own a gun? I just don't understand the argument. Please enlighten me.

View attachment 59771

Three of the first four posts supply your answer all in the same way: the old Slippery Slope fallacy.

The "slippery slope" argument is the one that I do not understand. Why oppose something that makes sense in fear of possible future proposals that may or may not take away your rights? Why not do what is right now in an effort to help a big problem (even if it just helps a little) and fight proposals that impede your rights if/when they are proposed?

That's like saying, "Why try to keep an avalanche from starting? Just deal with it when it's coming down the mountain". There's a historical pattern to this. We have seen totalitarianism first disarm the populace through these same measures. Slippery slope isn't a fallacy when it really exists.
I’ll answer your question by posing this situation. You support the military I presume? Now if the government were to take over and control the people like your slippery slope fears lay out then they would first disarm the people then control them through force. That force would be the police and military. So why do you support growing those? The slippery slope says they will eventually take away your rights by force. You should be defunding them, right?

See through one side of your mouth you want guns to protect yourself against a tyrannical government. But from the other you support strengthening the military power of that government. See the dilemma?

So we should weaken our police and military in the event of the slight chance turn on us?

Given the fact that the lefts ultimate goal is to have a disarmed society, those who are receiving help for anything will be disarmed overnight once they get power. That may be extended to people with physical problems as well. For instance I'm an insulin dependent diabetic. The Democrats could easily say I'm not capable of owning a firearm.

Yes, gun-grabbers live in La La land, they never think that the shit they propose will fall on them someday. They are like people with no recollection of past events as they tiip-toe through their garden of Utopian Tulips.

Their ultimate goal is gun confiscation. Yes, they will be trying to do it in baby steps. A baby step here, after another mass shooting, another baby step there, but in the end, most people won't be able to own a firearm.

We know Democrats so we understand the grand plan. Their followers don't. They really believe the Democrat politicians are concerned for their safety like they thought the Democrats were concerned about them having healthcare insurance.

I didn't say it was, but you support the people who's goal that is.

When was the last time the Democrats said we want X, and left it at that once they got X? Never.

No Democrat wants to ‘confiscate’ guns.

Otherwise, yes – no firearm regulatory measure has been proposed as a ‘panacea’ for all gun crime and violence, including background checks.

Background checks work as intended.

The question is not whether they work or not, the question is whether they solve anything or not.
Nothing is ever going to solve the problem of gun violence, all we can do is try and help in as many areas as we can. Background checks force criminals and high risk individuals to get guns from illegal means. This makes it harder and more expensive for them and limits their options. It also narrows things for law enforcement who want to fight the underground gun market.

If we had no BG checks and no gun Regs then all that goes away and anybody can buy anything from any store that offers it. I personally don’t think that helps a thing, It can only hurt

I don't think background checks do all that much. Most people who want to commit a crime for the first time don't want a weapon that can be traced back to them in most cases, unless it's a mass shooting where suicide is part of the plan.

For people not legally allowed to buy or own a firearm, straw buyers seems to be the problem there, and I don't think we do enough to those people who are buying weapons on behalf of a felon.
See you make the case for me. You say, Criminals don’t buy guns from stores because they don’t want it traced to them or they won’t pass a BG check. That’s a good thing. The fact that we have the ability to trace and do background checks is a deterrent from allowing them easy access to weapons. Push them to the black market and make it easier for law enforcement to fight the good fight. It means the laws are working
the point made background checks don't keep guns out of the hands of criminals just like making drugs illegal keep from people obtaining drugs keep us from having a drug epidemic
why is that simple fact so hard for your ignorance to understand
Nothing will keep guns out of the hands of criminals. It’s dumb to imply that anybody expects such things. But you surely aren’t suggesting we make it easier for them to get guns are you? Let them walk into any old store and buy whatever they want?? Tell me you aren’t promoting that.

"Why does the pro-gun base object to background checks and regulations that will make it harder for criminals or irresponsible individuals to own a gun? I just don't understand the argument. Please enlighten me."

seriously are you that ignorant? criminals don't buy guns which a background check is conducted the guns criminals possess are either stolen or bought off the street

and we have had many democrats say their agenda is gun confiscation hell most democrat candidates are running on that as part of their platform
so just stop it with that bull shit claim democrats don't want to take guns away
If a person can’t pass a background check then of course they won’t buy a gun in a shop. If we didn’t have background checks then they absolutely would. This isn’t hard to understand. Think about it.

I’m sure some dems want to confiscate guns. I’m not a dem nor do I care to speak for them. I’m a gun owner who is fine with regulations on firearms and tired of the slippery slope fear tactic.
No Democrat wants to ‘confiscate’ guns.

Otherwise, yes – no firearm regulatory measure has been proposed as a ‘panacea’ for all gun crime and violence, including background checks.

Background checks work as intended.

The question is not whether they work or not, the question is whether they solve anything or not.
Nothing is ever going to solve the problem of gun violence, all we can do is try and help in as many areas as we can. Background checks force criminals and high risk individuals to get guns from illegal means. This makes it harder and more expensive for them and limits their options. It also narrows things for law enforcement who want to fight the underground gun market.

If we had no BG checks and no gun Regs then all that goes away and anybody can buy anything from any store that offers it. I personally don’t think that helps a thing, It can only hurt
Any criminal who gets a gun today is getting it through higher risk means

That won't change

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
And they do that because we have background checks and laws regulating guns. How is this not sinking in?

View attachment 59771

So we should weaken our police and military in the event of the slight chance turn on us?
So we should arm up in event of the slight chance they turn on us?

I’m not advocating these things, I’m showing where his logic leads when defending the slippery slope

You are not going to keep criminals and the criminal mentally ill from obtaining firearms. There should be no debate. We already have laws against criminals owning firearms. Most people with actual mental illness are NOT given guns. These little perps can think for themselves and can decide what is right and what is wrong. That makes them perfectly mentally competent.

They're just rotters who have been taught by our liberal politicians and our liberal MSM to hate. No amount of gun control with cure this, the only cure is to reject leftist, Neo-Marxist bullshit and teach our children morals and values by MODELING good sexual relationships with heterosexual relationships and marriages with commitment that uphold family and societal values.

Like I already said it's not the guns it's government SUPPORT of fatherless families (especially in the 'black' community), support of little girls getting abortions when they should have NEVER allowed themselves to get pregnant in the first place, support and promotion of gender dysphoria, the notion that humans are destroying the Earth and on and on and on. WTF did you expect?
We can keep many of them from getting firearms legally and easily in stores. Data shows that we already are because of our laws. We want them getting guns on the black market and being limited with options and selection. Those are good things. Why would we want to make it easier for them?

Hey bud...I’m begging for your attention....grace us with your presence over here for a minute will you...We’re hoping you’ll shed some light and explain the logic.
This is a gun debate... I’m not surprised that you want to shift it to immigration but that’s off topic

Haha...my question aligns with your gun debate.
“Who / what kills more Americans...wetbacks or AR15’s?”
Don’t be scared, you have permission to answer.

When was the last time the Democrats said we want X, and left it at that once they got X? Never.
Your jumping to strawman arguments. If you debate me then debate the things I say don’t use some lame linkage to demonize me for something that somebody I don’t know and likely dont support says. That’s weak

Should I hold you responsible for everything Trumps says, does and has ever done?

Cars kill more people than anything. You wanting to outlaw those too? You’re stretching to lame comparisons. Stick to the subject loser

Cars kill more people than anything. You wanting to outlaw those too? You’re stretching to lame comparisons. Stick to the subject loser

It would be impractical to outlaw cars. Do you think it’s impractical to outlaw wetbacks?

Well, if they get their guns on the black market, kill a person or persons, then our detectives have to figure out who the murderer was because the ballistics bring them to a dead end. I don't think that's a good thing at all.

Your jumping to strawman arguments. If you debate me then debate the things I say don’t use some lame linkage to demonize me for something that somebody I don’t know and likely dont support says. That’s weak

Should I hold you responsible for everything Trumps says, does and has ever done?

Wait a minute. I was making a comment to Leo, and you responded to the comment I was making to him. You stated that was not your gaol. Okay, did I say it was? I was talking about the Democrats.

I don't think background checks do all that much. Most people who want to commit a crime for the first time don't want a weapon that can be traced back to them in most cases, unless it's a mass shooting where suicide is part of the plan.

For people not legally allowed to buy or own a firearm, straw buyers seems to be the problem there, and I don't think we do enough to those people who are buying weapons on behalf of a felon.
the point made background checks don't keep guns out of the hands of criminals just like making drugs illegal keep from people obtaining drugs keep us from having a drug epidemic
why is that simple fact so hard for your ignorance to understand
Nothing will keep guns out of the hands of criminals. It’s dumb to imply that anybody expects such things. But you surely aren’t suggesting we make it easier for them to get guns are you? Let them walk into any old store and buy whatever they want?? Tell me you aren’t promoting that.
we have a background check in place and I don't know one person that wants to eliminate the current system, as a matter of fact, it needs to be better inforced
so what's your argument are you claiming 2nd amendment advocates want to get rid of background checks
If you are going to make that claim you need to site who made it and no some unnamed troll doesn't count

Fascinating...so American lives matter enough to fuck Americans out of constitutional rights but not enough to stop wetbacks from killing them?
That seems like a sane position to take?

Forum List

Back