Gun control wont prevent suicide

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
The recent gun control chatter mentions suicide prevention. Can't get a gun in Japan for love or money yet it has among the highest suicide rates in the world. 70 every day, 25,000 in 2014 alone. And the country with the world's highest suicide rate, South Korea, virtually bans private ownership of guns, only government employees may own them, and those must be store at local police stations.

Laws don't prevent crimes, they simply make crimes punishable.

Culture, in Japanese culture suicide seems commonplace sometimes honorable,, thus so many....

Certainly some of the mentally ill and depressed will try to commit suicide through other, slower, painful means, but others may get the time needed for others to come in and guide them to the help they need.

Japans Suicide Forest !! --- Inside Japan's 'Suicide Forest' | The Japan Times --- I reject all gun control . I also really , really object to the suicide prevention element that many gun controllers always bring up !! Rope , pills , forests , bridges , tall buildings work fine and dandy !! --------------- FORESTS ??

Last edited:
Japans Suicide Forest !! --- Inside Japan's 'Suicide Forest' | The Japan Times --- I reject all gun control . I also really , really object to the suicide prevention element that many gun controllers always bring up !! Rope , pills , forests , bridges , tall buildings work fine and dandy !! FORESTS ??
I support a well regulated militia!!! :)

I saw that about the suicides in that forest on tv too!!!

It certainly wouldn't prevent suicide among women.
They like pills (non violent methods) for the most part.

Mebbe what we need is bullet control...

Lawsuit: Wal-Mart sold ammo used in 3 killings
January 7, 2016 | Families of three people killed in Pennsylvania last year are suing Wal-Mart, alleging the retail giant sold ammunition used in the slayings to a man who was underage and drunk.
Wal-Mart employees in Easton were negligent in selling .38-caliber ammunition to 20-year-old Robert Jordain, failing to ensure he was at least 21 as required by law, the suit said.

Jordain and two others have been charged with homicide in the July 5 deaths of a man in Easton and a man and a woman in nearby Allentown. The man who pulled the handgun's trigger that day is accused of killing seven people in two states. Wal-Mart said it will defend itself from the wrongful-death suit, which was filed last week in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas.

The ammunition that Jordain bought could have been used in either a handgun or a rifle, and "the law allows for rifle ammunition to be purchased by someone 18 years of age," Randy Hargrove, the chain's director of national media relations, said in a statement.

Lawsuit: Wal-Mart sold ammo used in 3 killings

The recent gun control chatter mentions suicide prevention. Can't get a gun in Japan for love or money yet it has among the highest suicide rates in the world. 70 every day, 25,000 in 2014 alone. And the country with the world's highest suicide rate, South Korea, virtually bans private ownership of guns, only government employees may own them, and those must be store at local police stations.

Laws don't prevent crimes, they simply make crimes punishable.

One step at a time there good buddy. For those intent on killing themselves, they will do it. Deny them access to a gun and they just might choose a head on collision with your oncoming car. Filled with your wife and children instead.

Forum List

Back