CDZ Gun deaths in all states per capita

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you are not the first to try to make this point.

Now, you have to explain to us how it is that Japan, South Korea (the country with the highest suicide rate) and China....all with extreme gun control....only criminals and the police have guns.......have higher suicide rates than we do......

Your theory can't explain this...

Then, you would have to explain how it is that these non-Asian countries also have higher suicide rates than we do......and they also have extreme gun control laws...

And yet Scotland has a higher suicide rate than the U.S......Japan, where only criminals and cops have guns, has a higher suicide rate than the U.S....Sweden has a higher suicide rate than the U.S....Denmark has a higher suicide rate than the u.S.....

France

Germany,

Hungary

Iceland

New Zealand

Poland

Norway

Japan

South Korea

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/world/suiciderate.html

Scotland..

15.7 suicides per 100,000

In 2019?

16.7 suicides per 100,000.

And in the U.S.?

13.93 per 100,000

Suicide facts and figures

Changes in Suicide Rates — United States, ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/world/suiciderate.html

South Korea 24.7

Hungary 21

Japan 19.4

Belgium 18.4

Finland 16.5

France 14.6

Austria 13.8

Poland 13.8

Czec Republic 12.7

New Zealand 11.9

Denmark 11.3

Sweden 11.1

Norway 10.9

Slovac Republic 10.9

Iceland 10.3

Germany 10.3

Canada 10.2

United States 10.1

A new report by Unicef contains a shocking statistic - New Zealand has by far the highest youth suicide rate in the developed world.
A shock but no surprise - it's not the first time the country tops that table.
The Unicef report found New Zealand's youth suicide rate - teenagers between 15 and 19 - to be the highest of a long list of 41 OECD and EU countries.
The rate of 15.6 suicides per 100,000 people is twice as high as the US rate and almost five times that of Britain.
Why does Japan have the highest suicide rate, do you know ?

Men who own handguns are eight times more likely to die of gun suicides than men who don’t own handguns, and women who own handguns are 35 times more likely than women who don’t

So what? That doesn't make the victims any more dead than if they were killed some other way.
Firearms are the most effective, and efficient. That's why people use them. That's why we give cops and soldiers guns, and not have them go chasing people down with hatchets or trying to run them over with their trucks.

Why does Japan have the highest suicide rate, do you know ?

Men who own handguns are eight times more likely to die of gun suicides than men who don’t own handguns, and women who own handguns are 35 times more likely than women who don’t

It doesn't matter why...the only thing that matters to this discussion is that without gun ownership, they kill themselves more than we do......that means guns aren't the issue in suicide......

Firearms are the most effective, and efficient. That's why people use them. That's why we give cops and soldiers guns, and not have them go chasing people down with hatchets or trying to run them over with their trucks.

Except in Japan, China, South Korea, Scotland, Norway, Denmark.........

You mean except for those countries with higher suicide rates than we do....

Wrong....you did not factor in the fact that California has extreme gun control.....that means, according to idiots like you, they will have less gun crime than other states with less insanely extreme gun control.....

Texas is one of those states. They have concealed carry, open carry, gun stores on every corner......

So......you can't explain how it is that Texas with those very relaxed gun control laws doesn't have a higher gun murder rate than California.....

We aren't talking tiny degrees of difference....California has extreme gun control......you can't ignore that......
They do.

California: 4.11 out of 100,000.
Texas: 5.14 out of 100,000.

Texas is higher.

You appear as if you are hoping to win by repetition. People like me will get tired of it and leave to get on with the rest of our lives (which I am doing), but you are factually wrong.

I hope you get to the point where you are less blinded by your ideology that you can recognize statistics and objective reality.

Good luck.

It does matter

No....it doesn't......the only thing that matters in this discussion is that they succeed more than we do, and without guns...

This means, you dumb ass....that access to guns isn't the cause of or greatest factor in suicides.

They do.

Texas is higher.

You appear as if you are hoping to win by repetition. People like me will get tired of it and leave to get on with the rest of our lives (which I am doing), but you are factually wrong.

I hope you get to the point where you are less blinded by your ideology that you can recognize statistics and objective reality.

Good luck.

No...you are refusing to acknowledge the truth.....that with their extreme gun control laws.....we are told they will have less gun crime and murder......while Texas with much more relaxed gun laws, will have more gun murder....

The population level does not cover the difference.......

If they had the same gun control laws you would have a point....California has stricter....no, not stricter...insane, extreme, gun control laws.....and they have higher gun murder rates.

They do.

Texas is higher.

Good luck.

You are the one who is blind........you don't want to see all the facts......

No....it doesn't......the only thing that matters in this discussion is that they succeed more than we do, and without guns...

This means, you dumb ass....that access to guns isn't the cause of or greatest factor in suicides.
Japan's culture view's suicide as a morally responsible action. This stems from the Samurai days where suicide was seen as honourable after defeat. The Japanese are brought up to respect others, the country, and customs. If they fail due to bankruptcy etc.. they feel they've let people and the country down, so they often commit suicide. In forests and by train seem the most commonly used method. That's why they have suicide patrol police.

Trying to glorify a country's suicide total to justify guns, one would have to be pretty sick in the head.

Certain Americans crap in the street, slightly different to how the Japanese treat their country, it's considered rude to walk in the street eating food in Japan.

Japan's culture view's suicide as a morally responsible action. This stems from the Samurai days where suicide was seen as honourable after defeat. The Japanese are brought up to respect others, the country, and customs. If they fail due to bankruptcy etc.. they feel they've let people and the country down, so they often commit suicide. In forests and by train seem the most commonly used method. That's why they have suicide patrol police.

Trying to glorify a country's suicide total to justify guns, one would have to be pretty sick in the head.

Certain Americans crap in the street, slightly different to how the Japanese treat their country, it's considered rude to walk in the street eating food in Japan.

That doesn't matter......It doesn't matter why they commit suicide.....what matters is they don't have access to guns...only the criminals and some cops have guns....

This means when they commit suicide, it isn't with a gun...and with that, they succeed in their suicide more than our people do with our guns....

This means guns are not the issue......

Wrong....you did not factor in the fact that California has extreme gun control.....that means, according to idiots like you, they will have less gun crime than other states with less insanely extreme gun control.....

Texas is one of those states. They have concealed carry, open carry, gun stores on every corner......

So......you can't explain how it is that Texas with those very relaxed gun control laws doesn't have a higher gun murder rate than California.....
Is that recent data or going back for 50 years?

That doesn't matter......It doesn't matter why they commit suicide.....what matters is they don't have access to guns...only the criminals and some cops have guns....

This means when they commit suicide, it isn't with a gun...and with that, they succeed in their suicide more than our people do with our guns....

This means guns are not the issue......
See this apple, well this orange bla bla bla. So America is the apple, Japan is the orange.

A guy owning a gun in the US is 8 times more at risk blasting himself in the head, women 35 times at risk.

Nonsense. Preventing progressives from violating people's civil liberties does not cause a single death.

That is incorrect. He accurately characterized progressives and their eagerness to use massacres as a way to attack our freedom. There is nothing wrong with him saying that.

So as previously pointed out, progressives hope to abuse these massacres as a way to attack our freedom.

Your conclusion is wrong. What he said makes perfect sense.

He said that progressive views do not count because they hate our freedom.
Your comments on progressives are absurd. You must have been brainwashed or a damn liar; they're liberals who seek equal rights, equal opportunities and equal justice for all in the immediacy; liberals and center members of the Democratic Party are more patient and work to achieve these goals that all American Citizen's disserve.

You don't get it. in a lot of cases, the impulse to kill yourself is momentary. Having ready access to a gun is all it takes. getting in your car to find a tall building, or a bridge, or whatever is enough for that despair to pass.
I've proposed measures to reduce suicides many times. Leftists always resist those ideas. So I tend to take leftist "concern" about suicides with a grain of salt.

I may as well combine these five short answers to save space.

------------------------------------------------------------------
His facts look like they are accurate so far as I can see.

Being more efficient doesn't make the victims more dead than people who are killed with different weapons.

Your comments on progressives are absurd. You must have been brainwashed or a damn liar; they're liberals who seek equal rights, equal opportunities and equal justice for all in the immediacy; liberals and center members of the Democratic Party are more patient and work to achieve these goals that all American Citizen's disserve.
Progressives are not liberals. They violate most of the tenets of liberalism.

What I say about progressives is completely true. Progressives have a history of violating people's civil liberties for no good reason (the fact that progressives enjoy hurting people does not count as a good reason).

I’ve already addressed this as well.
If you mean where you suggested that fewer people would be killed if murderers used other kinds of weapons, your suggestion is wrong. Other kinds of weapons can kill just as many people or even more.

The Declaration of Independence is not the Constitution. I thought every American knew that.
You can find the Second Amendment in the Bill of Rights.

You forgot to include the laughing emoji because that is the silliest thing I've read today.
I stand corrected, that is the silliest thing I've read today.
I do not share the opinion that facts and reality are silly.

The Second Amendment clearly states that it is the people who have the right to keep and bear arms. Any interpretation to the contrary is fraudulent whether you like it or not.

If you wish to contend that the reason why progressives violate civil liberties is something other than the fact that they enjoy harming people, what alternative motivation can you provide for their efforts to outlaw pistol grips and flash suppressors on semi-auto long guns?

If you mean where you suggested that fewer people would be killed if murderers used other kinds of weapons, your suggestion is wrong. Other kinds of weapons can kill just as many people or even more.
It’s far more common to see higher amounts of casualties from guns, not from other weapons.

LOL

The democrat party is the party of fascism…racism….violence and hate

It’s far more common to see higher amounts of casualties from guns, not from other weapons.

But if you really want the highest death rate, you need to use a rental truck…..the one in France killed 86 people….more than any mass public shooting in the U.S.

In fact, the rental truck killed more people than the total of all mass public shootings for every year except two going back to 1982…

Hopefully these killers will never realize that trucks are deadlier than guns

But if you really want the highest death rate, you need to use a rental truck…..the one in France killed 86 people….more than any mass public shooting in the U.S.

In fact, the rental truck killed more people than the total of all mass public shootings for every year except two going back to 1982…

Hopefully these killers will never realize that trucks are deadlier than guns
A single incident in a different country doesn’t prove your point. It’s just an outlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back