CDZ Gun deaths in all states per capita

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s far more common to see higher amounts of casualties from guns, not from other weapons.
I know of four massacres with bladed weapons that killed as many victims as a bad gun massacre in the US.

22 people murdered with a machete:

20 people murdered with a sickle and machete:

19 people murdered (and 13 severely injured) with knives:

19 people murdered with knives

Here some non-gun massacres that far exceed a bad gun massacre in the US.

168 people murdered with a bomb:

108 people murdered with bombs:

100 people murdered with a bomb:

86 people murdered with a truck:

I know of four massacres with bladed weapons that killed as many victims as a bad gun massacre in the US.

22 people murdered with a machete:

20 people murdered with a sickle and machete:

19 people murdered (and 13 severely injured) with knives:

19 people murdered with knives

Here some non-gun massacres that far exceed a bad gun massacre in the US.

168 people murdered with a bomb:

108 people murdered with bombs:

100 people murdered with a bomb:

86 people murdered with a truck:
The fact that you need to go back 70 years to find specific incidents from other countries doesn’t make your argument any stronger.

Look at the deadliest attacks in the United States in the last 20 years. How many of them were with guns?

The fact that you need to go back 70 years to find specific incidents from other countries doesn’t make your argument any stronger.
I am satisfied with the strength of my argument. I see no need to make it stronger.

Look at the deadliest attacks in the United States in the last 20 years. How many of them were with guns?
Probably most of them. But so what?

Being killed with guns does not make the victims "more dead" than people who are killed with different kinds of weapons.

I am satisfied with the strength of my argument. I see no need to make it stronger.

Probably most of them. But so what?

Being killed with guns does not make the victims "more dead" than people who are killed with different kinds of weapons.
Of course you’re content with your own argument even though you agree that most of the recent deadliest attacks have been with guns. 🤦‍♂️

137 murdered in France Using illegal, fully automatic military rifles…..86 killed with a rental truck in France…..137 is more than any mass public shooting in the U.S. in fact more than the total number killed in every year of mass public shootings….ever, in the U.S. with fully automatic military rifles that are illegal on the entire continent, in France and in Paris…

137 murdered in France Using illegal, fully automatic military rifles…..86 killed with a rental truck in France…..137 is more than any mass public shooting in the U.S. in fact more than the total number killed in every year of mass public shootings….ever, in the U.S. with fully automatic military rifles that are illegal on the entire continent, in France and in Paris…
We don’t live in France. I’ll ask again:

“Look at the deadliest attacks in the United States in the last 20 years. How many of them were with guns?”

Even your fellow gun enthusiast admits that most of these were probably from guns. Why can’t you admit the obvious?

I do not share the opinion that facts and reality are silly.
They are if you frame your opinions as 'facts'.
The Second Amendment clearly states that it is the people who have the right to keep and bear arms. Any interpretation to the contrary is fraudulent whether you like it or not.
Actually it doesn't 'clearly' state any such thing. That is why SCOTUS has had to interpret and reinterpret it over the last few hundred years.

If you wish to contend that the reason why progressives violate civil liberties is something other than the fact that they enjoy harming people, what alternative motivation can you provide for their efforts to outlaw pistol grips and flash suppressors on semi-auto long guns?
Your examples are designed to make harming people easier and more effective. I think it may be you who enjoy harming people.

They are if you frame your opinions as 'facts'.
My facts are all real facts. Progressive dislike for reality does not make facts become opinions.

Actually it doesn't 'clearly' state any such thing.
That is incorrect. The Second Amendment clearly states that the right to keep and bear arms belongs to the people.

Additionally there is a long legal history of the right to keep and bear arms belonging to the people.

That is why SCOTUS has had to interpret and reinterpret it over the last few hundred years.
That is incorrect. The reason for the reinterpretation is because of judges being unwilling to enforce the Constitution as written.

Your examples are designed to make harming people easier and more effective.
No they aren't.

I think it may be you who enjoy harming people.
It's progressives who have an actual record of violating people's civil liberties for no reason.

Over 27 years, from 1993 to the year 2015, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 19.4 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2019 (in 2020 that number is 21.52 million)...guess what happened...

New Concealed Carry Report For 2020: 19.48 Million Permit Holders, 820,000 More Than Last Year despite many states shutting down issuing permits because of the Coronavirus - Crime Prevention Research Center

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

This means that access to guns does not create gun crime........

Why do our democrat party controlled cities have gun crime problems?

What changed in 2015?

The democrat party did 3 things...

1) they began a war on the police that forced officers to stop pro active police work, allowing criminals to run wild.

2) they began to release the most violent and dangerous gun offenders over and over again, not matter how many times they had been arrested for gun crimes

3) they used their brown shirts, blm/antifa to burn, loot and murder for 7 months in primarily black neighborhoods while the democrat party mayors ordered the police to stand down and not stop them......in order to hurt Trump during the election.

And about mass public shooters?

The democrats...

n the recent light of the tragic Texas Robb elementary school shooting; California State Senator Steven Bradford put out bill SB1273. This bill would take the mandatory requirement for schools to report any violent threat to the law enforcement away from schools; meaning schools don’t have to report these violent threats to law authorities.

Do you cuddle and sleep with you guns?

Do you cuddle and sleep with you guns?
Actually it is high quality apochoromats that generate such urges in me. But I'm still not about to let you violate my civil liberties.

Why don't you take up a different hobby besides violating people's civil liberties for fun. How about knitting?

Killers are not using guns to maximize damage.
They are.

Me in post #264: “Look at the deadliest attacks in the United States in the last 20 years. How many of them were with guns?”

You in post #265: “Probably most of them.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back