Gun free zone = kill zone

Why didn't this filth attack a police station instead of a gun free zone community college?

He was a student there. Mass shooters tend to go to a place with which they know the terrain.

Columbine. Virginia Tech. North Thurston High School. Umpqua Community College. All done by students who attended those schools.

Did you think that was all one giant coincidence, parrot?

Sandy Hook doesn't fit your theory.
WRONG!

Adam Lanza attended Sandy Hook from the first through the fifth grade. After that, he was home schooled.

Why didn't this filth attack a police station instead of a gun free zone community college?

He was a student there. Mass shooters tend to go to a place with which they know the terrain.

Columbine. Virginia Tech. North Thurston High School. Umpqua Community College. All done by students who attended those schools.

Did you think that was all one giant coincidence, parrot?

Sandy Hook doesn't fit your theory.
Lanza attended that school as a child.

We really should be arming students. Or at the very least putting holsters and a handgun at every desk. Talk about SAFE! Our schools would be the pinnacle of safety with these simple measures.
There'd be daily shootings.

"That's what you get for giving me an F-minus!"

Those shootings can be avoided if we also armed the teachers. Problem solved!

Agree, except that it takes too long to retrieve the weapons from a safe. The teachers need to be carrying inside the classroom so they are prepared to return fire.
Teachers in Israel carry, no school shootings there.

Both of those statements are completely false.
"In Israel armed teachers are common, and terrorist attacks at schools nonexistent. Indeed, it was only during a 1997 visit by Israeli schoolgirls to the ‘Island of Peace’ along the Jordanian border, in which the teachers had been asked to leave their weapons behind, that an Arab gunman took advantage of an easy opportunity to open fire, killing seven children and wounding another six.”"
This is how Israel deals with school shootings

israel-guns.jpg.aspx

This startling photo of an armed teacher watching over Israeli schoolchildren has struck a chord with Newsmax readers who, reeling over the Newtown school massacre, say Israel has the right idea when it comes to protecting kids.

Newsmax Readers: US Should Follow Israel's Lead on Armed Teachers

Agree, except that it takes too long to retrieve the weapons from a safe. The teachers need to be carrying inside the classroom so they are prepared to return fire.

"In Israel armed teachers are common, and terrorist attacks at schools nonexistent. Indeed, it was only during a 1997 visit by Israeli schoolgirls to the ‘Island of Peace’ along the Jordanian border, in which the teachers had been asked to leave their weapons behind, that an Arab gunman took advantage of an easy opportunity to open fire, killing seven children and wounding another six.”"

israel-guns.jpg.aspx

This startling photo of an armed teacher watching over Israeli schoolchildren has struck a chord with Newsmax readers who, reeling over the Newtown school massacre, say Israel has the right idea when it comes to protecting kids.

That's false, here is a link. Notice the most interesting thing from the link:

"Two types of people have guns in Israel: Soldiers and those with licenses."

Are Israeli teachers armed?

You want to be like the Israelis? Fine, require anyone owning a gun to have a license.

israel-guns.jpg.aspx

:lol:

I suggest you talk to some Israelis about it, rather than relying on the right-wing blogger bullshit network.

There is a picture going around the Internet that I have seen about a dozen times today that claims that Israeli teachers are packing heat. Well, are they? The answer is “NO.”

In the picture, the students are on an outing. While it appears that the teacher is holding a rifle, I have never seen such a thing in ten years of living here. Rest assured however, they are under armed protection. In most cases it is an armed guard or a soldier that will accompany a class, not the teacher. And my guess is that the woman with the gun is a security guard, not a teacher.

Secondly, they are not armed in the classroom. Is that really the image you want to imprint on the minds of six-year-olds? (That would be Hamas) On the other hand. I have never seen a school in Israel that was not fenced in. You must go through a locked gate that is guarded by an armed shomer, a security guard. He or she, on the other hand, is not concerned with educating, but protecting. He or she will ask you why you are there? “What is your child’s name?” “Show me your I.D. card.” And he or she would not let you bring a weapon inside.

In other words, Israeli schools are "gun free zones", where the only people who are armed are representatives of the government. Like gun laws in Israel as a whole.

You are aware that private ownership of guns in Israel is strictly limited, right?

israel-guns.jpg.aspx

I suggest you talk to some Israelis about it, rather than relying on the right-wing blogger bullshit network.

There is a picture going around the Internet that I have seen about a dozen times today that claims that Israeli teachers are packing heat. Well, are they? The answer is “NO.”

In the picture, the students are on an outing. While it appears that the teacher is holding a rifle, I have never seen such a thing in ten years of living here. Rest assured however, they are under armed protection. In most cases it is an armed guard or a soldier that will accompany a class, not the teacher. And my guess is that the woman with the gun is a security guard, not a teacher.

Secondly, they are not armed in the classroom. Is that really the image you want to imprint on the minds of six-year-olds? (That would be Hamas) On the other hand. I have never seen a school in Israel that was not fenced in. You must go through a locked gate that is guarded by an armed shomer, a security guard. He or she, on the other hand, is not concerned with educating, but protecting. He or she will ask you why you are there? “What is your child’s name?” “Show me your I.D. card.” And he or she would not let you bring a weapon inside.

In other words, Israeli schools are "gun free zones", where the only people who are armed are representatives of the government. Like gun laws in Israel as a whole.

You are aware that private ownership of guns in Israel is strictly limited, right?
Yeah NO criminals and NO mentally insane. Citizens CAN have guns.
"In another incident not long afterwards, a Arab worker went berserk with his bulldozer turning it into a killing machine. Oron Ben Shimon, an armed civilian, jumped onto the bulldozer along with a soldier. Ben Shimon struggled with the terrorist, while the soldier, at Ben Shimon’s urging, shot him dead, saving many lives."

Note the words "ARMED CITIZEN".
ARE ISRAELI TEACHERS ARMED? - Messiah's Mandate

"Those who are aghast at the thought of arming school personnel say that the presence of an armed school officer made no difference in the Littleton tragedy. They are wrong. The officer, a Jefferson County deputy sheriff, engaged the gunmen very early in the shooting. Firing at a distance of some 70 yards (almost three times the range at which police qualify with their pistols), and armed only with a 9mm handgun, the officer was nonetheless able to keep the better-armed killers at bay long enough to reduce the death toll significantly."

Arm Teachers To Stop Shootings

Last edited:

israel-guns.jpg.aspx

"In another incident not long afterwards, a Arab worker went berserk with his bulldozer turning it into a killing machine. Oron Ben Shimon, an armed civilian, jumped onto the bulldozer along with a soldier. Ben Shimon struggled with the terrorist, while the soldier, at Ben Shimon’s urging, shot him dead, saving many lives."

Some "citizens" are allowed to be armed - but only retired IDF officers and other specific qualifications. The licensing process is intensive and intrusive, with mental health exams, background checks, and more. About half of those who apply are rejected.

Less than 3% of Israeli citizens are licensed to carry weapons. Of those, most are allowed only a single handgun, and a lifetime supply of only 50 bullets.

israel-guns.jpg.aspx

Some "citizens" are allowed to be armed - but only retired IDF officers and other specific qualifications. The licensing process is intensive and intrusive, with mental health exams, background checks, and more. About half of those who apply are rejected.

Less than 3% of Israeli citizens are licensed to carry weapons. Of those, most are allowed only a single handgun, and a lifetime supply of only 50 bullets.
Better check again. YEARLY supply of 50 bullets.

israel-guns.jpg.aspx

Ok.

Do you think that makes your position any stronger?

israel-guns.jpg.aspx

Ok.

"“In Israel teachers and parents, serving as school aides, are armed at all times on school grounds, with semi-automatic weapons. Since this policy was adopted in the 1970s, attacks by gunmen at schools in Israel have ceased,” he said.
Read more at Armed churchgoer prevents slaughter"

"Charl Van Wyk, who carried a gun to a church service, shot back at terrorists bent on mass slaughter and ultimately was credited with saving hundreds of lives, says politicians should rise above the “politically correct” and do what’s right to save the lives of children and teachers.
Read more at Armed churchgoer prevents slaughter

When the good guys have guns the bad guys die.

Ok.

"“In Israel teachers and parents, serving as school aides, are armed at all times on school grounds, with semi-automatic weapons. Since this policy was adopted in the 1970s, attacks by gunmen at schools in Israel have ceased,” he said.
Read more at Armed churchgoer prevents slaughter"

"Charl Van Wyk, who carried a gun to a church service, shot back at terrorists bent on mass slaughter and ultimately was credited with saving hundreds of lives, says politicians should rise above the “politically correct” and do what’s right to save the lives of children and teachers.
Read more at Armed churchgoer prevents slaughter

When the good guys have guns the bad guys die.

"Charl Van Wyk" is wrong, as has been pointed out repeatedly. There are no "armed teachers" in Israel, and certainly no "armed parents" in the schools.

When the White House becomes a gun free zone then I'll adopt the policy.

The White House is a "gun free zone".
ONLY to visitors. They have anti-aircraft guns on the roof. And IF you recall they had fighter jets flying cover over the White House.
The White House is a "limited" gun free zone.

They get them and you don't.

ONLY to visitors. They have anti-aircraft guns on the roof. And IF you recall they had fighter jets flying cover over the White House.

Yeah, that's what a "gun free zone" means - somewhere that only specifically licensed law enforcement can carry a gun.

And there are no "anti-aircraft guns" on the White House roof. That doesn't begin to make sense.

Yeah, that's what a "gun free zone" means - somewhere that only specifically licensed law enforcement can carry a gun.
Who was carrying a gun on the Oregon campus?

Forum List

Back