"Gun nuts": people who think taking away citizens' guns will somehow reduce crimes by lawbreakers

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
I've noticed that the usual liberal fanatics have been using their thread titles to insult normal people

Curiosity Question for the Gun Nuts | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

What's ironic is that the pejoratives they use to try to denigrate others, apply far more appropriately to themselves. But they'll probably never get it.

A "gun nut" is someone who thinks silly and ridiculous things about guns, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Many people think that letting all law-abiding adults carry a gun will make criminals think twice about committing their crimes, even if most people don't bother carrying. Those people aren't "nuts". They are simply right.

But a few people feel that governments making more and more laws restricting law-abiding people, will somehow discourage the lawbreakers, muggers, and murderers whose victims are disarmed. Those people are demonstrably "nuts". How many times have we seen criminals, mass murderers etc. deliberately go into the liberals' "gun free zones" to steal things, assault people, and even commit mass murders, knowing they will have plenty of time to commit their crimes and rack up huge body counts before the police finally show up?

The term "gun nuts" usually DOES apply when the liberal fanatics use it. But it doesn't apply to the normal people who oppose govt regulation of guns. It applies to the liberal fanatics themselves, who hold such kooky and long-disproven opinions on the ability of govt to discourage lawbreakers by making more laws. Even laws that have already failed.

Now those people are "nuts". :cuckoo: About guns.

Last edited:
I've noticed that the usual liberal fanatics have been using their thread titles to insult normal people

Curiosity Question for the Gun Nuts | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

What's ironic is that the pejoratives they use to try to denigrate others, apply far more appropriately to themselves. But they'll probably never get it.

A "gun nut" is someone who thinks silly and ridiculous things about guns, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Many people think that letting all law-abiding adults carry a gun will make criminals think twice about committing their crimes, even if most people don't bother carrying. Those people aren't "nuts". They are simply right.

But a few people feel that governments making more and more laws restricting law-abiding people, will somehow discourage the lawbreakers, muggers, and murderers whose victims are disarmed. Those people are demonstrably "nuts". How many times have we seen criminals, mass murderers etc. deliberately go into the liberals' "gun free zones" to steal things, assault people, and even commit mass murders, knowing they will have plenty of time to commit their crimes and rack up huge body counts before the police finally show up?

The term "gun nuts" usually DOES apply when the liberal fanatics use it. But it doesn't apply to the normal people who oppose govt regulation of guns. It applies to the liberal fanatics themselves, who hold such kooky and long-disproven opinions on the ability of govt to discourage lawbreakers by making more laws. Even laws that have already failed.

Yup, and per usual the thread title is a blatant violation of the rules...and yet there it sits.

Whereas if I post a thread that doesn't violate any rule, but the hacks permeating this thread troll the shit out of it, my thread will land in the rubber room because it's being trolled by hacks.

So the moral of the story is..if you're a gun grabbing hack, you can violate the rules.

And if a gun grabbing hack trolls your thread, it will get dumped in the rubber room.

Check.

People who habitually toss out pejoratives have a lot in common with people who are constantly bitching about that other group that gets to break the rules.

Last edited:
This thread should be in the general discussion forum...to be consistent.

:tongue-44:
People who habitually toss out pejoratives often have a lot in common with people who are constantly bitching about that other group that gets to break the rules.
:eusa_eh:
...and with those who let smiley faces do their talking.
I still have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.
I'm not surprised. The people the OP references tend not to be self aware either.
I'm self aware. You just lack communication skills. You can't convince everybody of your superiority if you're so superior you can't be bothered to form coherent statements.

:tongue-44:
People who habitually toss out pejoratives often have a lot in common with people who are constantly bitching about that other group that gets to break the rules.
:eusa_eh:
...and with those who let smiley faces do their talking.
I still have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.
I'm not surprised. The people the OP references tend not to be self aware either.
I'm self aware. You just lack communication skills. You can't convince everybody of your superiority if you're so superior you can't be bothered to form coherent statements.
Says the gal who posted a face sticking out it's tongue. I'm not superior to anyone. I simply made an observation. Take it or leave it. Call me names. Send in another smiley. Whatever.

Yup, and per usual the thread title is a blatant violation of the rules...and yet there it sits.
You expect the rules in the USMB to be FOLLOWED??? Or even ENFORCED???

Hehehe... now THAT'S funny.

Best we can hope for, is that we are free to point out exactly what these people are doing.

That's the good news - every time they try to insult normal people, it gives the normal people an opportunity to expose them.

Now those people are "nuts". :cuckoo: About guns.[/

OP these gun control types are insane, no amount of rational discussion will dissuade them from their irrational fear of private citizens owning guns. Tune in next week when they try to ban toilet paper, that's how bat shit crazy they are.

OP these gun control types are insane, no amount of rational discussion will dissuade them from their irrational fear of private citizens owning guns. Tune in next week when they try to ban toilet paper, that's how bat shit crazy they are.
Omg don't get winterborn..I think it is winterborn...started on the topic of various and assorted uses for human waste.

He is obsessed with the idea of using it to grow food, which is not even one step away from using it as pate.

Omg don't get winterborn..I think it is winterborn...started on the topic of various and assorted uses for human waste.

He is obsessed with the idea of using it to grow food, which is not even one step away from using it as pate.

Ewww, let me guess he/she is a progressive?

Ewww, let me guess he/she is a progressive?
Of course. I'll feel bad if it isn't winterborn, but I do believe it is. If you start a thread with the phrase "human feces" in it he will be there in no time.

Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Do you therefore disagree with the French police making hundreds of raids and confiscating hundreds of guns after the Paris attack?

Confiscating guns from terrorists in a country where bearing arms is not a constitutional right is a false analogy to ANYTHING that could happen in this country.

Do you therefore disagree with the French police making hundreds of raids and confiscating hundreds of guns after the Paris attack?

Confiscating guns from terrorists in a country where bearing arms is not a constitutional right is a false analogy to ANYTHING that could happen in this country.

Do you disagree with the French policies of gun rights?

Confiscating the guns of people who have never committed acts of terror is confiscation of the guns of terrorists?

Still the liberals avoid this thread like the plague. Nothing but a couple of fading attempts to change the subject.

Forum List

Back