Gun Protesters Plan March On D.C. With Loaded Rifles To ‘Put Government On Notice'

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Rebecca Leber

Almost 900 people are RSVPed for a July 4th march on Washington, D.C. where protesters plan to carry loaded rifles. In D.C., openly carrying guns is against the law. But the organizer of the event, libertarian radio host Adam Kokesh, says the march is an act of “civil disobedience” that attempts to prove gun advocates’ point in the “SUBTLEST way possible.”

The event’s Facebook invitation describes the march as a nonviolent demonstration, “unless the government chooses to make it violent”:

This is an act of civil disobedience, not a permitted event. We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny. We are marching to mark the high water mark of government & to turn the tide. This will be a non-violent event, unless the government chooses to make it violent. Should we meet physical resistance, we will peacefully turn back, having shown that free people are not welcome in Washington, & returning with the resolve that the politicians, bureaucrats, & enforcers of the federal government will not be welcome in the land of the free.

There’s a remote chance that there will be violence as there has been from government before, and I think it should be clear that if anyone involved in this event is approached respectfully by agents of the state, they will submit to arrest without resisting. We are truly saying in the SUBTLEST way possible that we would rather die on our feet than live on our knees.​

More: Gun Protesters Plan March On Washington With Loaded Rifles To 'Put The Government On Notice'

I'm sure Obama will have an adequate military/police force waiting for these radical gun clowns. When I think of "civil disobedience" - I think of brave unarmed civil rights heroes like Martin Luther King, Jr. and Ghandi.

They have a better chance of shooting themselves in the foot than shooting a government official.

There Are No ‘Absolute’ Rights

Nearly every idea in the Bill of Rights comes with restrictions and limitations. To think that the Second Amendment should be any different is absurd, writes Michael Tomasky.

Every time I write a column on guns, the howl arises that I am talking about a right that is enshrined in the Constitution, buddy, and I better watch myself. The howl then transmutes into an extended harangue that this right is absolute, and no libtard fascist, whether me or the Satanesque Dianne Feinstein, is going to limit the right in any way. The first soldier to charge across this rhetorical veld is followed by hundreds harrumphing their assent. The only problem is that it’s an ahistorical, afactual, and barbaric argument. No right is absolute. In fact, the Second Amendment arguably has fewer restrictions on it these days than many of the other first ten, and there is and should be no guarantee that things are going to stay that way. In fact, if we’re ever going to be serious about trying to stop this mass butchery that we endure every few months, they cannot.

For civilians, meanwhile, we’re one Supreme Court justice away from getting some sanity and balance to interpretations of the Second Amendment, and the only thing I can’t decide is whether it would be more delicious for Barack Obama to appoint that judge or for Hillary Clinton to do it.

More: There Are No "Absolute" Rights - The Daily Beast

If OWS got to cause cause this kind of disturbance, which they did...guess where you'd be Lakhota? Singing their praises, because they took it upon themselves to disobey the government.

You hypocrite.

I will say this right now.

Anyone who marches in DC with a loaded weapon should be arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

While I disagree with the draconian laws in DC, you don't change them by breaking them.

I should hope that not many people show. I would be very happy if the radio show host were the only person to show up.

OWS protests were wrought with violence and yet the media pretended like they were peaceful. There were countless assaults, rapes and a murder. There were way to many instances of pooping everywhere, even stuffing it in ATMs, and that was the mildest stuff those protesters did.

Now some are completely overreacting because people want to remind politicians that we have certain rights. That is the American way. No one is planning to shoot anyone and it will be as peaceful as the tea parties were. Unless, of course, some lefties make good on their promise to infiltrate protests by the right and start some shit. The left can quit acting all scared and stop calling people who believe in our rights nuts. Go join the commie pooping party and avoid those who are aware of what our constitution means.

As long as protesters do not break laws, they have a right to get their message out. Of course, since the left is doing their best to make people afraid of guns, they'll have to keep up that crap for any gun right activists. I guess they expect people to believe that anyone with a gun wants to do harm. I'd be more afraid to walk alone down any street in Chicago or walk past some occupoopers.

I will say this right now.

Anyone who marches in DC with a loaded weapon should be arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

While I disagree with the draconian laws in DC, you don't change them by breaking them.

I should hope that not many people show. I would be very happy if the radio show host were the only person to show up.

Oh of course. The law's the law. I'm sure the term "peaceably assemble" means just that.

Last edited:
Did OWS engage in an unlawful armed march on Washington, D.C.?
No, they just raped people, abandoned babies, and shit on police cars. Other than that, they were very civilized and respectful.

Don't forget the millions of dollars of damage they did and the additional millions of dollars of lost revenue.

But Obama and the Liberal Mayor supported them.

Last edited:
This should be great to lol at all the rednecks. I wonder if the Koch's are going to fire up the teaparty express buses again :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back