Gunny's Thread on Religion

I just don't fear sciences hypothesis or theories, or disregard them...because i do not in any way believe that they will ever prove that God doesn't exist, only that He does...and if Science is the ''test'' that the Bible is put under, IT WILL WITHSTAND IT! I have Faith in such! ;)

care
In the case of your god, it's already been proven. Your god rests along with Pluto, Sol, and the gods of Olympus

Your bible can't withstand any test, including its own. No two gospels agree and many of the 'prophesies' yeshua is said to have fulfilled don't exist in the Torah

NOTHING has been proven except you are as extreme in YOUR beliefs as ANY religious crackpot.

There's just no difference between the two of you.

:lol:

Just because you don't like the truth doesn't mean it's not true

If I'm wrong, go refute my claims in the various threads where I've proven your religion an lie time and again

I just don't fear sciences hypothesis or theories, or disregard them...because i do not in any way believe that they will ever prove that God doesn't exist, only that He does...and if Science is the ''test'' that the Bible is put under, IT WILL WITHSTAND IT! I have Faith in such! ;)

care
In the case of your god, it's already been proven. Your god rests along with Pluto, Sol, and the gods of Olympus

Your bible can't withstand any test, including its own. No two gospels agree and many of the 'prophesies' yeshua is said to have fulfilled don't exist in the Torah

NOTHING has been proven except you are as extreme in YOUR beliefs as ANY religious crackpot.

If I'm wrong, go refute my claims in the various threads where I've proven your religion an lie time and again

JB, all you have "proven" is that portions of a book were inaccurate, nothing can prove a religion is wrong.

That's simply a moronic statement. A religion is proven wrong the moment its claims are proven wrong. There is zero evidence 'jesus' existed, ti's proven that the books are not the infallible word of god, and their deity has been proven to not exist.

Abrahamism has been long debunked, as I have explained numerous times.

JB, all you have "proven" is that portions of a book were inaccurate, nothing can prove a religion is wrong.

That's simply a moronic statement. A religion is proven wrong the moment its claims are proven wrong. There is zero evidence 'jesus' existed, ti's proven that the books are not the infallible word of god, and their deity has been proven to not exist.

Until you understand abstract thought, you will never understand religion. Until you understand religion, you will never understand what it actually is. All the facts and book learning in the world cannot explain to you what religion is. Books are not the religion.

Until you understand abstract thought, you will never understand religion. Until you understand religion, you will never understand what it actually is. All the facts and book learning in the world cannot explain to you what religion is. Books are not the religion.

We already know what 'abstract thought' means to KK

Ignore logic, ignore facts, ignore science

'We must be open-minded, but not so openminded that our brains fall out'

Funny how retarded the mods are here. One doesn't know that the blue button in quote's box IS the link to the quote and another encourages people to ignore facts, logic, and science in order to 'understand' religion (granted, that's pretty much how religion operates).

Gunny, do you choose these idiots 'cause they make you feel smart or what?

It is amazing that this kind of debate/argument can continue for ages, knowing that it will never be resolved on a collective basis. Religion is a personal thing. That means one chooses what they want to follow.

In the case of Christianity, the center of all religious discussions, it becomes something more than just religion. Baptist, Catholic, Methodist, Mormonism, etc... are all religions. The bottom line is that none of them have any eternal powers.

Faith, and the work of Jesus is what it is all about. "No man comes to the Father but by Me." That is what Jesus said. The evidence of God is proclaimed by God through His creation to everyone. (Romans 1) Some ignore it, some see it and it seems to cause them to feel guilt or fear, so they walk away. .Some see God in His creation and understand. They get it. God never stops revealing Himself to us, but our responses might change as time goes by.

It is absolutely personal, one's relationship with God. However, it is not our plan, but God's. It is all by His design, and we cannot create a religion that He recognizes. We cannot create God in an image we want.

If anyone truly believes in God, it is not because they figures it out, it is because they watched God in His creation, and believed. God is the Center of all faith, Jesus is the object of true faith. It is that faith that creates in us the life of the true believer.

So, forget what I say, or what all the debaters are saying. Look to what God has made, and seek to know God. Then, and only then, will He come alive and give you something to hold on to in faith.

Just a thought.

"No man comes to the Father but by Me."

So anyone from another religion like Islam who don't worship jesus are never going to get into heaven?

This is from psalms:

22:7 All those who see me mock me.
They insult me with their lips. They shake their heads, saying,
22:8 “He trusts in Yahweh;
let him deliver him.
Let him rescue him, since he delights in him.”
22:9 But you brought me out of the womb.
You made me trust at my mother’s breasts.
22:10 I was thrown on you from my mother’s womb.
You are my God since my mother bore me.
22:11 Don’t be far from me, for trouble is near.
For there is none to help.
22:12 Many bulls have surrounded me.
Strong bulls of Bashan have encircled me.
22:13 They open their mouths wide against me,
lions tearing prey and roaring.
22:14 I am poured out like water.
All my bones are out of joint.
My heart is like wax;
it is melted within me.
22:15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd.
My tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth.
You have brought me into the dust of death.
22:16 For dogs have surrounded me.
A company of evildoers have enclosed me.
They have pierced my hands and feet.
22:17 I can count all of my bones.
They look and stare at me.
22:18 They divide my garments among them.
They cast lots for my clothing.
22:19 But don’t be far off, Yahweh.
You are my help: hurry to help me.
22:20 Deliver my soul from the sword,
my precious life from the power of the dog.
22:21 Save me from the lion’s mouth!
Yes, from the horns of the wild oxen, you have answered me.
22:22 I will declare your name to my brothers.
In the midst of the assembly, I will praise you.
22:23 You who fear Yahweh, praise him!
All you descendants of Jacob, glorify him!
Stand in awe of him, all you descendants of Israel!
22:24 For he has not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted,
Neither has he hidden his face from him;
but when he cried to him, he heard.
22:25 Of you comes my praise in the great assembly.
I will pay my vows before those who fear him.
22:26 The humble shall eat and be satisfied.
They shall praise Yahweh who seek after him.
Let your hearts live forever.
22:27 All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to Yahweh.
All the relatives of the nations shall worship before you.
22:28 For the kingdom is Yahweh’s.
He is the ruler over the nations.
22:29 All the rich ones of the earth shall eat and worship.
All those who go down to the dust shall bow before him,
even he who can’t keep his soul alive.
22:30 Posterity shall serve him.
Future generations shall be told about the Lord.
22:31 They shall come and shall declare his righteousness to a people that shall be born,
for he has done it.

I have not read the entire Bible, but that sounds a whole lot like what happened to Yeshua in Jerusalem.
There are other prophesies that were fullfilled and they are referenced in the NT, but you will probably ignore those too.

"No man comes to the Father but by Me."

So anyone from another religion like Islam who don't worship jesus are never going to get into heaven?

The way I understand it (and I am no religious scholar):
In Revelations it says that every knee will bend before Yeshua (the final judgement). My understanding at this point: If you have never been taught about Yeshua, you will have the opportunity at that point to make up your mind. If you are with the entire population of the world, and they are all bowing to Yeshua, it will be your choice to accept Him as your savior at that point. If you do, your sins will be forgiven. If you have denied Him, any continue to deny Him at that point, you will feel His wrath. That being said, the Lord is just, and everyone will be punished according to their sins (it helps me to think of it as a parental punishment), though the Lord loves you, He is just. If you were tormented because you believed in Yeshua, you will be rewarded.

Yeshua, asked His disciples to spread the "Good News", the Gospels. If you hear them or read them with an open heart and a small prayer for understanding, you cannot help, but to be amazed by the life of this man/God. If you refuse the opportunity to learn about Him, you will answer when you stand before Him.

Like in the beginning, man is left with the choice.

the passage simply means that Jesus Christ is the judge on judgment day....no one goes to the Father, but BY him...all will be judged fair and square....those who 'believe' and those who don't....

it is NOT up to us to determine how Jesus will judge each individual...including ourselves.... I know judgment will be fair...and I know that no one is ''getting away'' with NOTHIN', Christian or not! :eek:

So log, if you don't agree with JC he's gonna kick your ass? Gee, what a nice guy? I think the mob has a few guys like that too.

the passage simply means that Jesus Christ is the judge on judgment day....no one goes to the Father, but BY him...all will be judged fair and square....those who 'believe' and those who don't....

it is NOT up to us to determine how Jesus will judge each individual...including ourselves.... I know judgment will be fair...and I know that no one is ''getting away'' with NOTHIN', Christian or not! :eek:

First off if i told you who invented evil you wouldnt believe me and its Biblical, like all things with GOD(the GOD of Abraham, Issac and Jacob)there is reason in the madness. Second true enough GOD will be the ultimate judge, but not before your own sins find you out and judge you first. And your right Care4all no one will escape their appointed judgement NO ONE, when one stands before GOD, no one will come to their rescue, no army, no police, NO ONE.....

It takes a genius to know a genius, what's your pleasure? -Whitelion

“I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.”
Albert Camus quote

Last edited:

I have not read the entire Bible, but that sounds a whole lot like what happened to Yeshua in Jerusalem.
There are other prophesies that were fullfilled and they are referenced in the NT, but you will probably ignore those too.

lol

iot sounds like what happened to countless people in the world :lol:

That all you can do is quote your falsified documents, fairy tales, and bedtime stories reveals that you are totally void of any real argument.

That wasn't a prophecy, btw. It was a lamentation on the part of David.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/85079-jesus-was-not-the-messiah.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/83103-abrahamists-and-prophecy.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/80867-foundational-falsehoods-of-creationism.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/80198-iq-and-religiosity.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/80122-the-power-of-prayer.html

Wrong. There are two thrones of judgment and you can get away with anything other than 'blaspheming the holy spirit' if you confess and repent

learn your own damned religion before you spout it like the dumbass you are

First off if i told you who invented sin you wouldnt believe me and its Biblical
I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things
Isaiah 45:7

Wrong. There are two thrones of judgment and you can get away with anything other than 'blaspheming the holy spirit' if you confess and repent

learn your own damned religion before you spout it like the dumbass you are

silly silly jb.... if you repent, you are NOT getting away with something, you are a penitent man.

and what is blaspheming the holy spirit in your opinion jb?

'For he has said "he has an unclean spirit"'. there is no room for opinion. The sentence that states it is unforgivable defines it.

Penitent = getting away with everything you've ever done. Christianity ios a religion based on 'sinning' all you want and avoiding personal responsibility.

Forum List

Back